Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,280 members, 7,818,948 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:48 AM

Should I Have Minded My Business? Did I Do Wrong? - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I Have Minded My Business? Did I Do Wrong? (49360 Views)

My Brothers Wife Is Cheating, Do I Tell Him Or Mind My Business / See Me See Wahala. Please What Did I Do Wrong Here? / Am I Wicked Or Did I Do The Right Thing? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Have Minded My Business? Did I Do Wrong? by purpinkx(m): 2:41pm On Sep 22, 2022
Freshgrace4life:
I understand how you felt , just call her & tell her that you never meant to hurt her feelings that you were just showing a little bit concerned , most of all this young girls with iphones not all of them knows the usefulness of it , most of them are just using it for titok & the likes .

I could remember then when I was still using Techno palasa , I will goggle some many things , then I was battling with pimples but today you won't even know that I have ever had so much pimples on my face , there was a particular time like that I reacted to a particular drug , my lips got burnt like that of a smoker , same palasa phone i used it goggle what I will use to clear my lips , all what I used were natural & you could easily get them in the market , she can use baking soda for her body odour even for her honey pot as well.

How did you get rid of the pimples please?
Re: Should I Have Minded My Business? Did I Do Wrong? by jinka(m): 3:22pm On Sep 22, 2022
HRHQueenPhil:

U did nothing wrong, someone needs to tell her the truth...I use to smell like a rotten fish too till d day I was insulted inside bus.. pls if u are still using Eva soap, stop it immediately..buy her gifts of good soap, perfume and anti persperant

Ahhhh...I have been using Eva soup for over 7yrs now....pls kindly educate me the major reasons I should stop using it.
Re: Should I Have Minded My Business? Did I Do Wrong? by petrick10(m): 4:16pm On Sep 22, 2022
HRHQueenPhil:

U did nothing wrong, someone needs to tell her the truth...I use to smell like a rotten fish too till d day I was insulted inside bus.. pls if u are still using Eva soap, stop it immediately..buy her gifts of good soap, perfume and anti persperant
Does Eva soap smell really bad? I'v never noticed it.
Re: Should I Have Minded My Business? Did I Do Wrong? by malaria(f): 4:38pm On Sep 22, 2022
HRHQueenPhil:

I think body odour is one of the problems of adolescence or teen age , some out grow it with time. Some are just poor hygiene
Re: Should I Have Minded My Business? Did I Do Wrong? by Freshgrace4life(f): 5:09pm On Sep 22, 2022
purpinkx:

I will get back to you when I am back from work.
Re: Should I Have Minded My Business? Did I Do Wrong? by culf: 6:19pm On Sep 22, 2022
Odebayo4010:

You talk well,i like you points

Thank you
Re: Should I Have Minded My Business? Did I Do Wrong? by Freshgrace4life(f): 6:30pm On Sep 22, 2022
purpinkx:

Although I used natural ingredients like , honey , lemon , baking soda and the likes , it actually worked for me.
Re: Should I Have Minded My Business? Did I Do Wrong? by purpinkx(m): 6:53pm On Sep 22, 2022
Freshgrace4life:
Although I used natural ingredients like , honey , lemon , baking soda and the likes , it actually worked for me.

Please help me with the process/mixture.

I mostly have pimples on my right cheek and it gets worse if I eat Groundnuts.
Re: Should I Have Minded My Business? Did I Do Wrong? by achimendy(m): 7:17pm On Sep 22, 2022
Ginaz:
A teen in my compound has a problem with body odor. several times she come to my house left the air smelling so stale and rotten, i noticed her younger sister had same issue too.

i couldn't take it anymore, it was so bad and i was afraid she might be mocked in the future if nothing is done to combat it.

i asked her if she ever heard about roll-on or antiperspirant, she replied NO! shocked and this is someone using an iphone and changes clothing periodically. shocked

i gave her my antiperspirant and taught her the need to use it daily as most of the odor comes from her armpit. i told her point blank she doesn't smell nice, her face changed somehow as if i insulted her and she left.

i saw her today and she walked passed me while i was trying to talk to her.

did i do wrong ? children of these days.

You can refuse to take correction, but you can't refuse the consequence that awaits you.

Leave her with her foolishness.

1 Like

Re: Should I Have Minded My Business? Did I Do Wrong? by achimendy(m): 7:23pm On Sep 22, 2022
HRHQueenPhil:

I know people that use eva soap and I've never noticed Anything like Odour from them.

So what's your point pls??
Re: Should I Have Minded My Business? Did I Do Wrong? by OBTOREPA(m): 7:39pm On Sep 22, 2022
Samantha123:
I didn't knock you off, I only asked that you use English because I didn't understand the language you expressed yourself in.

And thank you.
Anyways there is no problem at all. I like you, you are so beautiful going with the picture that I saw. Where do you base?
I just want us to be friends.
Re: Should I Have Minded My Business? Did I Do Wrong? by Nobody: 7:41pm On Sep 22, 2022
South Africa.
OBTOREPA:

Anyways there is no problem at all. I like you, you are so beautiful going with the picture that I saw. Where do you base?
I just want us to be friends.
Re: Should I Have Minded My Business? Did I Do Wrong? by Harrykn: 7:55pm On Sep 22, 2022
HRHQueenPhil:

Abeg Werin do Eva soap Biko cussa been using it all my life lol
Re: Should I Have Minded My Business? Did I Do Wrong? by Freshgrace4life(f): 7:55pm On Sep 22, 2022
purpinkx:

Please help me with the process/mixture.

I mostly have pimples on my right cheek and it gets worse if I eat Groundnuts.

For now you will need to stop eating groundunt or better still once in a while.

The process /mixture.
✓ Simply add 1 tablespoon of honey , add lemon juice to it , you can as well add half tablespoon of baking soda.

✓ Mix all the ingredients together to make a face mask & apply it to the affected area.it depends on how long you want the face mask to last on your face ,to me 30 to 45minutes is okay.you can apply it both morning and night for its efficacy.

That's all for now ,hope I am able to help you out .

2 Likes

Re: Should I Have Minded My Business? Did I Do Wrong? by vicfajeze: 8:24pm On Sep 22, 2022
Ginaz:
A teen in my compound has a problem with body odor. several times she come to my house left the air smelling so stale and rotten, i noticed her younger sister had same issue too.

i couldn't take it anymore, it was so bad and i was afraid she might be mocked in the future if nothing is done to combat it.

i asked her if she ever heard about roll-on or antiperspirant, she replied NO! shocked and this is someone using an iphone and changes clothing periodically. shocked

i gave her my antiperspirant and taught her the need to use it daily as most of the odor comes from her armpit. i told her point blank she doesn't smell nice, her face changed somehow as if i insulted her and she left.

May God bless u,u did nothing wrong
Re: Should I Have Minded My Business? Did I Do Wrong? by purpinkx(m): 8:48pm On Sep 22, 2022
Freshgrace4life:

For now you will need to stop eating groundunt or better still once in a while.

The process /mixture.
✓ Simply add 1 tablespoon of honey , add lemon juice to it , you can as well add half tablespoon of baking soda.

✓ Mix all the ingredients together to make a face mask & apply it to the affected area.it depends on how long you want the face mask to last on your face ,to me 30 to 45minutes is okay.you can apply it both morning and night for its efficacy.

That's all for now ,hope I am able to help you out .

Thanks a lot.

I appreciate!
Re: Should I Have Minded My Business? Did I Do Wrong? by Freshgrace4life(f): 8:49pm On Sep 22, 2022
purpinkx:

Thanks a lot.

I appreciate!

You're welcome..
Re: Should I Have Minded My Business? Did I Do Wrong? by sounwave: 1:09am On Sep 23, 2022
NemoDatQuod:
You may not have done something wrong. But there are ways of communicating that will be welcoming especially with such challenging themes such as cleanliness. If your younger self were told the same thing you told that teen and in the same way you told her, your younger self will also be upset.

Truth is never bitter. It is how it is told that may lead to it being bitter or it being very sweet and welcoming.

I hope your conversation with her was one on one and in private. If you had told her that the conversation you were about to have is delicate and may result in her being upset, but that you prefer that she be upset with you than you not ell her, it may have led to a different outcome. If you had also assured her that everyone who does not take care of their armpit will smell and that you used to smell until you learned to take care of your armpit, she would have been more receptive. If you had assured her that the conversation is also private and between you two, she would have been more receptive.

I work in an environment where I have to give feedback regularly to those who work with me and some of the conversations involve some of the most difficult topics/themes one can ever discuss with anyone. I have to spend time thinking through the theme and I usually start by putting myself in the recipient's shoes and review different scenario's of how the individual may feel or react based on his or her background.

My aim is to make them better workers, not to antagonise them and make them leave the firm, because it is cheaper to maintain the employee you have than to go through the process of hiring new ones and training them.

If I were in your position, I will call her to a meeting and humbly explain where you were coming from and apologise for any slight she may feel. You seem to be a good person. Don't let her be on her own as it appears she will need the help and guidance of kind others to navigate through teenage life.

God bless you sir.

1 Like

Re: Should I Have Minded My Business? Did I Do Wrong? by OBTOREPA(m): 9:39am On Sep 23, 2022
Samantha123:
South Africa.
OK, I'm in Bayelsa, Nigeria. Distance though, but we can be good friends I know. What do you think?
Are you also from South Africa?
Re: Should I Have Minded My Business? Did I Do Wrong? by Nobody: 10:03am On Sep 23, 2022
You know? grin well, I don't know.. grin

Yes, I'm from SA.
OBTOREPA:

OK, I'm in Bayelsa, Nigeria. Distance though, but we can be good friends I know. What do you think?
Are you also from South Africa?
Re: Should I Have Minded My Business? Did I Do Wrong? by ozo13(m): 10:34am On Sep 23, 2022
Ginaz:

my dear I'm at loss. maybe you should buy her flowers and new pants, play cool music and write poetry to save her "self esteem".

or you tell her point blank with all sincerity and goodwill only to be called a demon, arrogant and wicked being. grin grin

lol.thanks
Re: Should I Have Minded My Business? Did I Do Wrong? by OBTOREPA(m): 11:57am On Sep 23, 2022
Samantha123:
You know? grin well, I don't know.. grin

Yes, I'm from SA.
OK, let's just keep in touch and see how it goes from there. Kindly help me with your phone number OK.
Are you married or in a serious relationship?
Re: Should I Have Minded My Business? Did I Do Wrong? by Nobody: 12:48pm On Sep 23, 2022
My apologies, but I'm not on nairaland to exchange my contact details with anyone or to discuss about my love life.

I'm sure there are a lot of beautiful and wonderful Nigerian ladies here who'd love to help you with their phone numbers.
OBTOREPA:

OK, let's just keep in touch and see how it goes from there. Kindly help me with your phone number OK.
Are you married or in a serious relationship?

1 Like

Re: Should I Have Minded My Business? Did I Do Wrong? by OBTOREPA(m): 2:42pm On Sep 23, 2022
Samantha123:
My apologies, but I'm not on nairaland to exchange my contact details with anyone or to discuss about my love life.

I'm sure there are a lot of beautiful and wonderful Nigerian ladies here who'd love to help you with their phone numbers.
Alright no problem
Re: Should I Have Minded My Business? Did I Do Wrong? by Ebonygeek(f): 8:28am On Sep 24, 2022
HRHQueenPhil:

Eva soap makes people smell?
Re: Should I Have Minded My Business? Did I Do Wrong? by seangy4konji: 12:58pm On Sep 24, 2022
They have been nacking those girls guriously in the sun and also puberty problems might be the problem.

When three boys keep doing Bleep everyday and you get home without shower

Aunty caution her she still proud...na prick deh worry am.
Re: Should I Have Minded My Business? Did I Do Wrong? by bepositive11: 7:21pm On Sep 24, 2022
Your words could have been kinder.

Ginaz:

Re: Should I Have Minded My Business? Did I Do Wrong? by Sirqt5(m): 9:08pm On Sep 24, 2022
ginaz, the witch . so u dey live in a smelly insect infected place , u dey complain about a teenager smell . a stinky witch u be
Re: Should I Have Minded My Business? Did I Do Wrong? by toffyz(m): 9:50pm On Sep 24, 2022
Ginaz:

Ginaz, do you stay in Lagos?
Re: Should I Have Minded My Business? Did I Do Wrong? by Nobody: 5:56am On Sep 27, 2022
Ginaz:

lolz you are funny. this is someone who gets herself clothings and has an iphone. i should buy her gifts just to tell her to take care of herself?

i gave her my antiperspirant because i didn't want her to go home empty handed and moreover so she could know antiperspirant next she wanna buy.

i didn't yell and spoke hashly to her. i even educated her about need to always keep the armpit clean and our personal hygiene. well if she can't get the message but choose to get upset, then no problem.

I'm done.

So,I don't get it
You opened a thread in form of a question, people are trying to answer that question, trying to put themselves in the teenager's position but you are still on the defensive.
So, what's the point of creating this thread? Just for unnecessary back and forths?
Re: Should I Have Minded My Business? Did I Do Wrong? by toffyz(m): 9:07am On Oct 01, 2022
Ginaz:

Ginaz, please answer this question. Do you stay in Ikeja?
Re: Should I Have Minded My Business? Did I Do Wrong? by Ginaz(f): 10:33am On Oct 01, 2022
toffyz:

Ginaz, please answer this question. Do you stay in Ikeja?

what's going on in ikeja?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How Lady Was Killed By Poison After Getting Married Against Family Wish. Photos / The Meaning Of "Next Of Kin" / How Can Someone Cheat On You BUT Still Say They Love You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.