Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,467 members, 7,819,708 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:27 PM

Should I Have Minded My Business? Did I Do Wrong? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I Have Minded My Business? Did I Do Wrong? (49365 Views)

My Brothers Wife Is Cheating, Do I Tell Him Or Mind My Business / See Me See Wahala. Please What Did I Do Wrong Here? / Am I Wicked Or Did I Do The Right Thing? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Have Minded My Business? Did I Do Wrong? by Abicarrick: 9:35pm On Sep 21, 2022
Oga op, u did good by telling her point blank jare, why will i even sugar coat it sef... person get body odour,u no want make i tell am say she get body odour.... aren't u the wicked one here. Abeg me i don't like beating around the Bush....na straight up things

1 Like

Re: Should I Have Minded My Business? Did I Do Wrong? by Str8talk21: 9:36pm On Sep 21, 2022
Ginaz:

i went out all my way to tell her what i felt she needed to know. and i don't like the way I'm feeling like i was being wicked by my actions. i educated her a lot of things before i told her she doesn't smell nice.

i didn't want to tell her in the first place. well, hopefully someone would teach her better in the future if i didn't do so.

i won't get closed to her or teach nothing, I don't have the willingness anymore. I'm a bit of an introvert , it took a lot for me to do so.

Don't let it bother u,u had good intentions, that is why you told her.
So, finish what to started in the spirit of being your "brother's keeper".
Just pass the message to her through someone close to her and let your mind be at rest.
Re: Should I Have Minded My Business? Did I Do Wrong? by naijapikin2(m): 9:36pm On Sep 21, 2022
Her friends are very untruthful to her.
Re: Should I Have Minded My Business? Did I Do Wrong? by Neptunium(m): 9:36pm On Sep 21, 2022
U can tell if OP sef hear say she oozes, she for stab person with knife.
Re: Should I Have Minded My Business? Did I Do Wrong? by pheelhip(m): 9:38pm On Sep 21, 2022
HRHQueenPhil:

U did nothing wrong, someone needs to tell her the truth...I use to smell like a rotten fish too till d day I was insulted inside bus.. pls if u are still using Eva soap, stop it immediately..buy her gifts of good soap, perfume and anti persperant

And what does Eva soap do to one's body?
Re: Should I Have Minded My Business? Did I Do Wrong? by bahdpersona(m): 9:39pm On Sep 21, 2022
Ginaz:

I've forgotten the one i gave her but i could recommend a very effective one for you and it's cheaper too. stops underarm sweating 100%, eradicate odour , keeps you fresher 24hrs. I've bought ones of 3k, 2k but this one is surprisingly more effective than the rest.

"passion classic antiperspirant "

bath with organic soap. i use avila intense lightening soap(100% organic)

use skin friendly body creams. bath and brush twice a day. i hope these helps.
Thanks .
Re: Should I Have Minded My Business? Did I Do Wrong? by OBTOREPA(m): 9:40pm On Sep 21, 2022
Samantha123:
You did nothing wrong..

She may feel embarrassed now, but she's gonna thank you later.

We need more honest people like you in this life.
You too fine, please how we go take see, I need to dash you something abeg
Re: Should I Have Minded My Business? Did I Do Wrong? by Sixfiguresmart(m): 9:40pm On Sep 21, 2022
Sister, you have done your part. I want to thank you on behalf of her mother. She will look back to thank you in the future. I know what it feels like cos I do same. worry not for you did the right thing.
Ginaz:

did i do wrong ? children of these days.

1 Like

Re: Should I Have Minded My Business? Did I Do Wrong? by Nobody: 9:42pm On Sep 21, 2022
Nothing wrong, there is a man living close to me he also has body odour but each time he came close to me i will distance myself to listen what he want to discuss

1 Like

Re: Should I Have Minded My Business? Did I Do Wrong? by Freshgrace4life(f): 9:43pm On Sep 21, 2022
[quote author=Ginaz post=116889600][/quote] I understand how you felt , just call her & tell her that you never meant to hurt her feelings that you were just showing a little bit concerned , most of all this young girls with iphones not all of them knows the usefulness of it , most of them are just using it for titok & the likes .

I could remember then when I was still using Techno palasa , I will goggle some many things , then I was battling with pimples but today you won't even know that I have ever had so much pimples on my face , there was a particular time like that I reacted to a particular drug , my lips got burnt like that of a smoker , same palasa phone i used it goggle what I will use to clear my lips , all what I used were natural & you could easily get them in the market , she can use baking soda for her body odour even for her honey pot as well.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Have Minded My Business? Did I Do Wrong? by drlateef: 9:43pm On Sep 21, 2022
Ginaz:
A teen in my compound has a problem with body odor. several times she come to my house left the air smelling so stale and rotten, i noticed her younger sister had same issue too.

i couldn't take it anymore, it was so bad and i was afraid she might be mocked in the future if nothing is done to combat it.

i asked her if she ever heard about roll-on or antiperspirant, she replied NO! shocked and this is someone using an iphone and changes clothing periodically. shocked

i gave her my antiperspirant and taught her the need to use it daily as most of the odor comes from her armpit. i told her point blank she doesn't smell nice, her face changed somehow as if i insulted her and she left.

i saw her today and she walked passed me while i was trying to talk to her.

You should learn to say things in a polite and pleasant way that will not offend the person. Would you feel happy if someone told you the same?
Re: Should I Have Minded My Business? Did I Do Wrong? by SeriouslySense(m): 9:45pm On Sep 21, 2022
I learnt something from this thoughtful comment. Thank you. smiley
NemoDatQuod:
You may not have done something wrong. But there are ways of communicating that will be welcoming especially with such challenging themes such as cleanliness. If your younger self were told the same thing you told that teen and in the same way you told her, your younger self will also be upset.

Truth is never bitter. It is how it is told that may lead to it being bitter or it being very sweet and welcoming.

I hope your conversation with her was one on one and in private. If you had told her that the conversation you were about to have is delicate and may result in her being upset, but that you prefer that she be upset with you than you not ell her, it may have led to a different outcome. If you had also assured her that everyone who does not take care of their armpit will smell and that you used to smell until you learned to take care of your armpit, she would have been more receptive. If you had assured her that the conversation is also private and between you two, she would have been more receptive.

I work in an environment where I have to give feedback regularly to those who work with me and some of the conversations involve some of the most difficult topics/themes one can ever discuss with anyone. I have to spend time thinking through the theme and I usually start by putting myself in the recipient's shoes and review different scenario's of how the individual may feel or react based on his or her background.

My aim is to make them better workers, not to antagonise them and make them leave the firm, because it is cheaper to maintain the employee you have than to go through the process of hiring new ones and training them.

If I were in your position, I will call her to a meeting and humbly explain where you were coming from and apologise for any slight she may feel. You seem to be a good person. Don't let her be on her own as it appears she will need the help and guidance of kind others to navigate through teenage life.

1 Like

Re: Should I Have Minded My Business? Did I Do Wrong? by LINTUNE(m): 9:47pm On Sep 21, 2022
goodamerican:
Lmao. And you think I like you? Bwahahaha. *Laughs in Spanish*

You don't need to project your insecurities onto me, wretched one. It's you and your entire family that dark energy surrounds. You're obviously a lost cause to have turned what should be an easy-going thread into an angry one, exuding anger at a teenager and at an unknown person over the internet. Have a thousand seats and calm down, then go for deliverance to free yourself from the spirit of anger and the host of other spirits that's undoubtedly dealing with your lame ass.

Me and mines are protected and covered by the blood of Jesus.

Typical olodo, when you can't argue intelligently, you attack the other's intelligence. You're obviously a narcissist in female form and have deep-rooted issues you need to sort out. Whether you think I'm intelligent or not isn't my cup of tea, as in what's my business with that? My American and Canadian citizenship speak for themselves. My work and money speak for themselves, boo. As I've kindly suggested above, please go for deliverance; you're in dire need of it.

what's your issue...u really have a bad energy, ginaz just ignore this one, she's looking for who to banter words with, cos I don't understand why she's taking this so personal...madam rest IJN

2 Likes

Re: Should I Have Minded My Business? Did I Do Wrong? by Nonywendy(m): 9:49pm On Sep 21, 2022
HRHQueenPhil:

U did nothing wrong, someone needs to tell her the truth...I use to smell like a rotten fish too till d day I was insulted inside bus.. pls if u are still using Eva soap, stop it immediately..buy her gifts of good soap, perfume and anti persperant
why demarketing Eva soap?

1 Like

Re: Should I Have Minded My Business? Did I Do Wrong? by Nobody: 9:50pm On Sep 21, 2022
English please.
OBTOREPA:

You too fine, please how we go take see, I need to dash you something abeg
Re: Should I Have Minded My Business? Did I Do Wrong? by Besto(m): 9:51pm On Sep 21, 2022
Uyi168:
just imagine how her nunu will smell like..

Biko

What is nunu?
Re: Should I Have Minded My Business? Did I Do Wrong? by SeriouslySense(m): 9:52pm On Sep 21, 2022
grin grin
Nonywendy:
why demarketing Eva soap?
Re: Should I Have Minded My Business? Did I Do Wrong? by hegelian: 9:53pm On Sep 21, 2022
Ginaz:
A teen in my compound has a problem with body odor. several times she come to my house left the air smelling so stale and rotten, i noticed her younger sister had same issue too.

i couldn't take it anymore, it was so bad and i was afraid she might be mocked in the future if nothing is done to combat it.

i asked her if she ever heard about roll-on or antiperspirant, she replied NO! shocked and this is someone using an iphone and changes clothing periodically. shocked

i gave her my antiperspirant and taught her the need to use it daily as most of the odor comes from her armpit. i told her point blank she doesn't smell nice, her face changed somehow as if i insulted her and she left.

Don't be angry pls, she is just a child acting like one.. Pls find a way to talk to her and make her see reason for your action, you actually have nothing to lose by doing that.. The universe will surely lookout for you too as empathize with her..
Re: Should I Have Minded My Business? Did I Do Wrong? by Ginaz(f): 9:54pm On Sep 21, 2022
BubblingB:

What is with Eva soap abeg? For a fair guy, recommend a good soap please

use avila intense lightening soap, it's purely organic. it is not a chemical processed soap and it doesn't lighten overnight.

you have to be consistent and you will love how your skin smoothen and radiates a healthy appearance with each use.

I'm fair like the lady in first picture. that's the soap i use.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Have Minded My Business? Did I Do Wrong? by Divay22(f): 9:55pm On Sep 21, 2022
HRHQueenPhil:

But Eva soap is nice undecided
Re: Should I Have Minded My Business? Did I Do Wrong? by jaxxy(m): 9:55pm On Sep 21, 2022
Ginaz:

A gal using iPhone won't like that cos of her empty pride bt a gal using android will take it better. I think. Lol
Re: Should I Have Minded My Business? Did I Do Wrong? by Neptunium(m): 9:56pm On Sep 21, 2022
Ginaz:

with the attitude she gave me just now. I dont want her to be closed to me. i don't need insults from a girl my younger sister is older than.
You get bad energy, it's why she no want interact again. No blame her the 13year old. You're over twice her age, have maturity.
Re: Should I Have Minded My Business? Did I Do Wrong? by Cadamlk: 9:57pm On Sep 21, 2022
Ginaz:

did i do wrong ?
NO!!
Re: Should I Have Minded My Business? Did I Do Wrong? by ozo13(m): 9:59pm On Sep 21, 2022
Ginaz:

u should have stop at just teaching her how to make use of the roll-on without telling her she smells bad.when I have visitors that smells bad.i usually dash them perfume if I have one at that moment.the smart ones among them will know the meaning.people dont like to be body shame.
Some use expensive iphone but the pant they use u will want to vomit.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Have Minded My Business? Did I Do Wrong? by Ginaz(f): 10:03pm On Sep 21, 2022
LINTUNE:
what's your issue...u really have a bad energy, ginaz just ignore this one, she's looking for who to banter words with, cos I don't understand why she's taking this so personal...madam rest IJN

i didn't read her post! i don't like that lady behind the moniker ,her spirit is dark and i can feel it off my screen instantly.

i have learnt about universal energy ! of all the posters who have commented i didn't feel a dark connection, her energy is very dark and i rather don't engage her.

100% speaking!

1 Like

Re: Should I Have Minded My Business? Did I Do Wrong? by dettolgel: 10:04pm On Sep 21, 2022
Ginaz:

honestly speaking... I'm not getting her nothing. i gifted her antiperspirant , she can buy herself. i don't want to do anything which might worsen it all. wink

Talk to her it might help her.
Re: Should I Have Minded My Business? Did I Do Wrong? by Cantonese: 10:06pm On Sep 21, 2022
Ginaz:

“I asked her if she ever heard about roll-on or antiperspirant, she replied NO! shocked and this is someone using an iphone and changes clothing periodically. shocked

i saw her today and she walked passed”.

Your words here are even arrogant and immature, friend.

When you find people with all kinds of issues like this, must be very circumspect. “I told her point blank..”…. You don’t handle people in such way.

Now you saw her reaction to you.

1 Like

Re: Should I Have Minded My Business? Did I Do Wrong? by Ginaz(f): 10:07pm On Sep 21, 2022
drlateef:

You should learn to say things in a polite and pleasant way that will not offend the person. Would you feel happy if someone told you the same?

whatever i say would feel as if I'm defending myself and i don't want to repeat same narrative.

hopefully someone else would tell her in the polite way you felt i didn't in the future.

1 Like

Re: Should I Have Minded My Business? Did I Do Wrong? by Ginaz(f): 10:10pm On Sep 21, 2022
Cantonese:

“I asked her if she ever heard about roll-on or antiperspirant, she replied NO! shocked and this is someone using an iphone and changes clothing periodically. shocked

i saw her today and she walked passed”.

Your words here are even arrogant and immature, friend.

When you find people with all kinds of issues like this, must be very circumspect. “I told her point blank..”…. You don’t handle people in such way.

Now you saw her reaction to you.

someone else would tell her in a very polite way in the future, it would be in her best interest as well. cheers!

1 Like

Re: Should I Have Minded My Business? Did I Do Wrong? by MacEndy(m): 10:15pm On Sep 21, 2022
Needles begging her, u did what's noble okay! Those trying to say otherwise are the major problems facing our modern society

She knows how to use iPhone & other modern gadgets but couldn't know how to take care of her own self, & someone must be a special advice to beg her to help herself!!! No be juju be DAT?

Let her get lost,,, & continue smelling.....

1 Like

Re: Should I Have Minded My Business? Did I Do Wrong? by Ginaz(f): 10:17pm On Sep 21, 2022
dettolgel:

Talk to her it might help her.

nope! i won't. whatever help she would get won't be from me. i would stick to minding my business, I'm afriad I'm not much of a public speaker. wink

1 Like

Re: Should I Have Minded My Business? Did I Do Wrong? by RZArecta(m): 10:17pm On Sep 21, 2022
Ginaz:

ignore the bad mannered dustbin. She knows she stinks but didn't expect anyone to tell her point blank. It's her parents I blame though because antiperspirants should have been bought for her as she started puberty instead of an iPhone. Her head will enter position when she starts dating and her boyfriend saves her name as Tufiakwa. You tried your best as a lady cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How Lady Was Killed By Poison After Getting Married Against Family Wish. Photos / The Meaning Of "Next Of Kin" / How Can Someone Cheat On You BUT Still Say They Love You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.