Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,266 members, 7,818,921 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:06 AM

Should I Have Minded My Business? Did I Do Wrong? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I Have Minded My Business? Did I Do Wrong? (49359 Views)

My Brothers Wife Is Cheating, Do I Tell Him Or Mind My Business / See Me See Wahala. Please What Did I Do Wrong Here? / Am I Wicked Or Did I Do The Right Thing? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Have Minded My Business? Did I Do Wrong? by Ginaz(f): 8:25pm On Sep 21, 2022
culf:

yes and No.

you did no wrong in telling her about her body odour but waking by you, giving you attitude, you should have held her hand, draw her close and let her know what you did is out of love and care you have for her and since it annoy her, you will never involve yourself in anything that concern her again.
She Ought to be grateful to you.

i don't know how i should have gone about it. i wasn't shouting, didn't use demeaning tone, there was privacy, she sat down while i was talking to her and her body language was comfortable. of all things i said to her, it was "you don't smell nice" she choose to pick up.

I'm confused ! what's another word to use in replaced of "you don't smell nice".? i felt embarrassed she took offense when i had good intentions about her wellbeing.

People are even saying buy gifts, buy that!

ha! saying the truth is very expensive these days!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Have Minded My Business? Did I Do Wrong? by Romanoff(f): 8:31pm On Sep 21, 2022
You done do the work wey God send you.

If she likes, she should do better with her hygiene, if not, na she sabi.

6 Likes

Re: Should I Have Minded My Business? Did I Do Wrong? by lotime: 8:33pm On Sep 21, 2022
okay
Re: Should I Have Minded My Business? Did I Do Wrong? by Nobody: 8:34pm On Sep 21, 2022
You never talk wetin you dey find
Ginaz:
A teen in my compound has a problem with body odor. several times she come to my house left the air smelling so stale and rotten, i noticed her younger sister had same issue too.

i couldn't take it anymore, it was so bad and i was afraid she might be mocked in the future if nothing is done to combat it.

i asked her if she ever heard about roll-on or antiperspirant, she replied NO! shocked and this is someone using an iphone and changes clothing periodically. shocked

i gave her my antiperspirant and taught her the need to use it daily as most of the odor comes from her armpit. i told her point blank she doesn't smell nice, her face changed somehow as if i insulted her and she left.

i saw her today and she walked passed me while i was trying to talk to her.

did i do wrong ? children of these days.
Re: Should I Have Minded My Business? Did I Do Wrong? by Dybala11(m): 8:35pm On Sep 21, 2022
HRHQueenPhil:

U did nothing wrong, someone needs to tell her the truth...I use to smell like a rotten fish too till d day I was insulted inside bus.. pls if u are still using Eva soap, stop it immediately..buy her gifts of good soap, perfume and anti persperant
Omo, I told a friend of mine few years ago. He took it in good faith and worked on that.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Have Minded My Business? Did I Do Wrong? by Nobody: 8:35pm On Sep 21, 2022

3 Likes

Re: Should I Have Minded My Business? Did I Do Wrong? by diggindeep: 8:36pm On Sep 21, 2022
Ginaz:
A teen in my compound has a problem with body odor. several times she come to my house left the air smelling so stale and rotten, i noticed her younger sister had same issue too.

i couldn't take it anymore, it was so bad and i was afraid she might be mocked in the future if nothing is done to combat it.

i asked her if she ever heard about roll-on or antiperspirant, she replied NO! shocked and this is someone using an iphone and changes clothing periodically. shocked

i gave her my antiperspirant and taught her the need to use it daily as most of the odor comes from her armpit. i told her point blank she doesn't smell nice, her face changed somehow as if i insulted her and she left.

You've done well.

Somehow, someday, someone will tell her.

If not now, it will be in the future.

More so, she'll some day soon remember you meant good for her.

1 Like

Re: Should I Have Minded My Business? Did I Do Wrong? by Streett: 8:36pm On Sep 21, 2022
Piled up infection & Poor menstrual hygiene fit gather dey cause that bad smell..

..You don try!

Jus free am make she gracefully dey ooze around hood..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Have Minded My Business? Did I Do Wrong? by ACE1010: 8:37pm On Sep 21, 2022
Bro truth is always bitter. Thank goodness that she got the message undecided undecided undecided
Re: Should I Have Minded My Business? Did I Do Wrong? by Proudlyomonna: 8:37pm On Sep 21, 2022
You do well jareh,If person dey smell the right thing na to tell am se o girl go baff you dey smell abegii.
Re: Should I Have Minded My Business? Did I Do Wrong? by Itzurboi(m): 8:41pm On Sep 21, 2022
robinso01:
Truth no dey bitter, na person wey dem tell dey feel bitter.
Hahaha, Why this ur talk dey sound like african proverb.
Re: Should I Have Minded My Business? Did I Do Wrong? by Ginaz(f): 8:41pm On Sep 21, 2022
goodamerican:
Lmao. And you think I like you? Bwahahaha. *Laughs in Japanese*

You don't need to project your insecurities onto me, wretched one. It's you and your entire family that dark energy surrounds. You're obviously a lost cause to have turned what should be an easy-going thread into an angry one, exuding anger at a teenager and at an unknown person over the internet. Have a thousand seats and calm down, then go for deliverance to free yourself from the spirit of anger and the host of other spirits that's undoubtedly dealing with your lame ass.

Me and mines are protected and covered by the blood of Jesus.

Typical olodo, when you can't argue intelligently, you attack the other's intelligence. You're obviously a narcissist in female form and have deep-rooted issues you need to sort out. Whether you think I'm intelligent or not isn't my cup of tea, as in what's my business with that. My work and money speak for themselves, boo. As I've kindly suggested above, please go for deliverance; you're in dire need of it.

all this long talk for who aunty? i didn't read nothing. i don't like you and that's all i need you to know. it's not every "thing" one has to exchanged words with on social media. you could be a ghost for all i know.

5 Likes

Re: Should I Have Minded My Business? Did I Do Wrong? by princewarri1985: 8:43pm On Sep 21, 2022
Ginaz:

you did nothing wrong by telling her point blank that she has body odour since she is a teen. Like say na adult na just to dey buy her steady roll on

3 Likes

Re: Should I Have Minded My Business? Did I Do Wrong? by BeanmanX(m): 8:44pm On Sep 21, 2022
Ginaz:

with the attitude she gave me just now. I dont want her to be closed to me. i don't need insults from a girl my younger sister is older than.
Are u sure that u don't have body odor yourself?.....

3 Likes

Re: Should I Have Minded My Business? Did I Do Wrong? by Stanweezy(m): 8:44pm On Sep 21, 2022
You did nothing wrong, is better u speak up than to die in in ur own room due to polluted air

3 Likes

Re: Should I Have Minded My Business? Did I Do Wrong? by jaykay68(m): 8:44pm On Sep 21, 2022
Ginaz:

you shouldn't have told her directly, you can be giving her deodorants and tips on hygiene,
Re: Should I Have Minded My Business? Did I Do Wrong? by Cypress042(m): 8:44pm On Sep 21, 2022
robinso01:
Truth no dey bitter, na person wey dem tell dey feel bitter.

Word!

1 Like

Re: Should I Have Minded My Business? Did I Do Wrong? by kwasoly(m): 8:44pm On Sep 21, 2022
Ginaz:

She comes to your house to do what?
Your story no pure
Re: Should I Have Minded My Business? Did I Do Wrong? by Chienex24(m): 8:44pm On Sep 21, 2022
HRHQueenPhil:

U did nothing wrong, someone needs to tell her the truth...I use to smell like a rotten fish too till d day I was insulted inside bus.. pls if u are still using Eva soap, stop it immediately..buy her gifts of good soap, perfume and anti persperant

Are you serious?? Eva soap??... Na wetin I dey use oo, d foreign one.... & nobody don talk anything about odor

2 Likes

Re: Should I Have Minded My Business? Did I Do Wrong? by promise4wonders: 8:44pm On Sep 21, 2022
Your best boutique at your backyard us here contact 08060770999

Re: Should I Have Minded My Business? Did I Do Wrong? by emmabest2000(m): 8:45pm On Sep 21, 2022
Ginaz:

with the attitude she gave me just now. I dont want her to be closed to me. i don't need insults from a girl my younger sister is older than.

Stay private keep them guessing cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Have Minded My Business? Did I Do Wrong? by Biafraaa: 8:45pm On Sep 21, 2022
You even calm down as in gentle to talk to her. Me that will start doing hmm hmm hmm if it was me immediately she walk into my room. As in you will be smelling and you are telling me your nose ain't working or what. You did good next time if she doesn't take correction, shame her in public so she will learn. Thanks

4 Likes

Re: Should I Have Minded My Business? Did I Do Wrong? by nedekid: 8:46pm On Sep 21, 2022
Omo, that's people for you.
Tell them they have mouth or body odor and the pick quarell. Haba, is is better for your to go out and smell?
That is why I like kids, they will tell you as it is.
Anyway OP, what you should have done was to buy her roll on, add shaving stick join, when you tell her the gist, you give her.
That has worked for me when I has house helps or staff with BO issues in the past.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Have Minded My Business? Did I Do Wrong? by frozen70(f): 8:47pm On Sep 21, 2022
Ginaz:

You did marvelously and excellently well

Just ignore her attitude, she will come back to you when she gets back her senses

1 Like

Re: Should I Have Minded My Business? Did I Do Wrong? by Nobody: 8:47pm On Sep 21, 2022
goodamerican:
Basic reading comprehension is needed here. My first paragraph is meant to critique your approach/the things you must've done wrong when speaking to her (e.g. your words and body language). You shouldn't have opened the thread asking what you did wrong if you weren't willing to hear people's opinions. My second relays what I would do: provide a template for her to follow - that she needs to be doing these things to keep her hygiene up to par. If I know a teenage girl who has this problem, along with her younger sister, then they've definitely not being taught these things or have no one to teach them, and I would try and do that for them, knowing the next person may not be as nice about it as I would.

About her buying her clothes and an iPhone that you keep shouting, these shouldn't be your concern nor should you use them to judge her. There're people who drive the nicest cars but go to their homes and it stinks or it's a mess, so don't let outward appearances fool you. Some people are oblivious to these things either b/c they grew up in a similar environment and have grown accustomed to it, or due to nonchalance. How much less a teenager and her sister who are obviously uninformed about hygiene and aren't aware they smell badly (some people don't know they do until you bring it to their attention). The problem of hygiene itself is likely a big problem in Nigeria. I wouldn't be surprised if there're adults who don't wear antiperspirants or aren't aware that they've body or mouth odor.

No one here is fighting you. With the attitude you're exhibiting, you definitely didn't approach her as calmly as you'd like to claim you did. You can't blame her for walking by you/not talking to you the next time you saw her. You teach people how to treat you.

I love It when Ladies engage themselves. The feelings Is Next to Orgasm. You sound so cool and Interesting. Welldone..

7 Likes

Re: Should I Have Minded My Business? Did I Do Wrong? by Sirqt5(m): 8:47pm On Sep 21, 2022
who knows if na you get the body odor, op , na urself u dey smell lipsrsealed , leave the young girl alone
Re: Should I Have Minded My Business? Did I Do Wrong? by Nonexisting1: 8:48pm On Sep 21, 2022
HRHQueenPhil:

That Eva soap has never had a good review. However, chronic body odor is more of medical problem than hygiene issue. Bathing the right way and using deodorants may help only but a little. If her odor is only from the armpit, then it's dirt related and good exfoliating soap and good deodorants will stop it.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Have Minded My Business? Did I Do Wrong? by Crowwejihadist: 8:48pm On Sep 21, 2022
HRHQueenPhil:

I am using those Eva, joy and lux, what's wrong with it.
Re: Should I Have Minded My Business? Did I Do Wrong? by Ginaz(f): 8:48pm On Sep 21, 2022

1 Like

Re: Should I Have Minded My Business? Did I Do Wrong? by Sirqt5(m): 8:48pm On Sep 21, 2022
who knows if na you get the body odor, op . na urself u dey smell lipsrsealed , leave the young girl alone

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How Lady Was Killed By Poison After Getting Married Against Family Wish. Photos / The Meaning Of "Next Of Kin" / How Can Someone Cheat On You BUT Still Say They Love You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.