Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,590 members, 7,827,220 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:03 AM

Lagos Tops List Of Highly Indebted States With N797b. Delta, Ogun, Rivers Follow - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Tops List Of Highly Indebted States With N797b. Delta, Ogun, Rivers Follow (39789 Views)

Most Indebted States In Nigeria 2023 / Jandor: Sanwo-Olu Grew Lagos Debt From N542b To N797b Without Any Development / Lagos Leads Highly Indebted States With More Than N1 Trillion Debts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Tops List Of Highly Indebted States With N797b. Delta, Ogun, Rivers Follow by Pravedk: 9:01pm On Sep 20, 2022
One thing is clear.

States with short governors are performing better.

Look at Ebonyi and Kaduna, these states have had tremendous infrastructural achievement, very low salary backlog and very low debt profile.

Well. Cross river state is an outlier. That one na one chance guy

Look at Bayelsa, Abia and Plateau!

If you pass through these two states u will think they don't have governor

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Tops List Of Highly Indebted States With N797b. Delta, Ogun, Rivers Follow by Tareq1105: 9:10pm On Sep 20, 2022
Corridon:
I wonder what all these states are doing with the big IGR they are collecting more especially Lagos and Ogun states. And the sad thing is that the two states are in Tinubu's pocket.

You'll continue to wonder bcoz you don't have knowledge of FIN 101 and ECO 201 both teaches how to finance projects with loans if the terms are soft, though with strong revenue base to repay the loan, and you apply your Cash for other economic uses.
Re: Lagos Tops List Of Highly Indebted States With N797b. Delta, Ogun, Rivers Follow by Softmirror: 9:11pm On Sep 20, 2022
Corridon:
I wonder what all these states are doing with the big IGR they are collecting more especially Lagos and Ogun states. And the sad thing is that the two states are in Tinubu's pocket.

grin

Re: Lagos Tops List Of Highly Indebted States With N797b. Delta, Ogun, Rivers Follow by omoiyalayi(m): 9:12pm On Sep 20, 2022
chiefolododo:
Where is Osun?

Go and add it na

Werey
Re: Lagos Tops List Of Highly Indebted States With N797b. Delta, Ogun, Rivers Follow by Hailleys: 9:15pm On Sep 20, 2022

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Tops List Of Highly Indebted States With N797b. Delta, Ogun, Rivers Follow by asanausana91: 9:21pm On Sep 20, 2022
Why not? What do you expect when Tinubu collect #50 billion every month.
Tinubu is bound to destroy Lagos state.
Re: Lagos Tops List Of Highly Indebted States With N797b. Delta, Ogun, Rivers Follow by LegalWolf: 9:23pm On Sep 20, 2022
Massiveglory:
The IGR of Lagos alone is more than that of some african nations.
The incomes of lagos does not in any form tally with the developments in the state.
Lagos is being run like a pyramid scheme. The state is being strategically ripped off and media scams are being used to hide the embezzlements.
The ring leader of the embezzlement is tinubu. He is the one at the head of the pyramid.
The day lagos breaks loose from tinubu, that is day lagos will see light.

Didn’t you see delta and rivers? Can you compare them to Lagos (other factors included)?
Re: Lagos Tops List Of Highly Indebted States With N797b. Delta, Ogun, Rivers Follow by asanausana91: 9:25pm On Sep 20, 2022
aariwa:
MC olumo is the account officer, Alpha beta is the banker, fashola, Ambode and sanwo olu are board members, while Tinubu is the chairman board of directors Lagos state treasury incorporated .AMCON called out Atiku under Jonathan that he was owing billions to banks so if these old men cannot manage their “personal finances “ well, Is it Nigeria’s finances already in very bad shape that they can manage well?
don't forget pandora
Re: Lagos Tops List Of Highly Indebted States With N797b. Delta, Ogun, Rivers Follow by Uchesis: 9:29pm On Sep 20, 2022
fredoooooo:
Aba made stats ..
Oga we don hear o ..
Can you people leave our indebted state and go back to your state with no debt ?
Oga keep quiet. Are you from lagos? because your name is Femi or Segun you dey claim lagos

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Tops List Of Highly Indebted States With N797b. Delta, Ogun, Rivers Follow by Mike008(m): 9:30pm On Sep 20, 2022
strangest:
Hello

There is no money to print money. LOL
Did you no read earlier this year that Nigeria spent more money in printing lesser money? LOL

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Tops List Of Highly Indebted States With N797b. Delta, Ogun, Rivers Follow by Diligence: 9:30pm On Sep 20, 2022
Guz: U will Neva know the rot in Lagos State until PDP takes over.

The debts being accumulated are colloidal/humongous but mostly unaccounted for.

By the time you calculate Lagos IGR from 1999 to 2022 And you now add the over N700 billions and external debts, then compare with what they claimed they have done with the Trillions, you would understand the exposure of Babatunde Badamosi...then you will ask that Tin, Fash, Amb and San be brot out and ...

U would understand why Give Ambode wanted to deliver Lagos from the covetous grips of Tin!

Guz: Lagos Cries for deliverance!!!

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Tops List Of Highly Indebted States With N797b. Delta, Ogun, Rivers Follow by TrackerXL: 9:31pm On Sep 20, 2022
Exactly my Igbo bigoted brother Anambra is not owing on the list n it not in the pocket of the Pandora kleptomaniac criminal Peter Obi
Corridon:
Re: Lagos Tops List Of Highly Indebted States With N797b. Delta, Ogun, Rivers Follow by rummmy: 9:33pm On Sep 20, 2022
Tinubus Lagos.....
This is how he wants to throw Nigeria in debt....
God forbid.. grin

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Tops List Of Highly Indebted States With N797b. Delta, Ogun, Rivers Follow by IfnobeGod20: 9:36pm On Sep 20, 2022
OceanRed:
Lot of slowpoke saying trash about lagos and Tinubu, do you all know the financial implication of all mega projects in lagos? Eko Atlantic,deep sea ports, light rail, BRT, state owned RRS, LASTMA ETC .have ypu forgotten that Obasanjo witheld Lagos Allocation for some time? ok, Lagos is generating revenue right, but wont it pay state workers and still carry out other capital projects ? at least reason well for once before spewing rubbish from your whacked brains. obviously your hatred for tinubu wont alow you reason well. you all need to get something into your brains, LAGOS IS NOT IN THE POCKET OF TINUBU!! there are people far more powerful than Tinubu running lagos from the background.
Some of you will just comment because you heard your friend or go to newspaper stand and people start gisting but instead of you to verify what they said, you come to public forum to vomit their gist.
Who is the owner of Eko Atlantic City?

Chagoury Group of companies
The project is privately funded by South Energyx Nigeria Limited – the developers/city planners and a subsidiary of the Nigeria-based Chagoury Group of companies – working in strategic partnership with the Lagos State Government and supported by the Federal Government of Nigeria.
https://punchng.com › eko-atlantic-c...

Who funded Lekki deep sea port?
The Lekki Deep Seaport with almost 17-meter draught constructed by China Habour Engineering firm is a $2 billion investment in the Lagos Free Trade Zone initiated by the Tolaram Group and conceived to be a key game-changer in Nigeria's dawdling maritime economy
https://www.thisdaylive.com › lekki-...

Who owns Lekki Freezone?
The largest oil refinery in Africa, a fertilizer plant, petrochemical plant and a sub-sea gas pipeline project is under construction by African richest man, Alhaji Aliko Dangote, and valued at $17 billion.
https://www.alarocity.com

Who owns Lagos Free Trade Zone?
Tolaram Group
Lagos Free Zone (owned and developed by Tolaram Group) is an 830 ha. development located in the Lekki axis – the sunrise development corridor in Lagos State. Lagos Free Zone (LFZ) is uniquely integrated with the upcoming Lekki Deep Sea Port, which will allow for access to regional and international markets.
https://www.cweic.org › lagos-free-z...

Must of this Lagos projects are PPP. For example CBN had released upfront of #100b for the Lagos blue linel rail.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://businessday.ng/amp/news/article/cbn-finances-lagos-blue-line-rail-project-with-n110bn/&ved=2ahUKEwiN1I71maT6AhVBJMUKHWZ0CEoQFnoECBAQAQ&usg=AOvVaw3Awrq4caZT0o4F8maaqwVP

Please how many BRT buses are in Lagos? The first consignment buses were 100 which arrived in 2008. How many all together now?

RRS is a unit under police and not solidly under Lagos. Lagos state government only equipped them vans and gadgets.

What is on ground in Lagos does not correlate with this huge debt Mr. Man.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Tops List Of Highly Indebted States With N797b. Delta, Ogun, Rivers Follow by Corridon: 9:36pm On Sep 20, 2022
Emyogalanya:
They wont tell us how lagos and ogun debts is higher than the entire se region
I de tell you.
Re: Lagos Tops List Of Highly Indebted States With N797b. Delta, Ogun, Rivers Follow by Ngwamankillyou(m): 9:36pm On Sep 20, 2022
fredoooooo:
Aba made stats ..
Oga we don hear o ..
Can you people leave our indebted state and go back to your state with no debt ?

Aba Ngwa kill you there as if when Aba started to see the light a brainless cave shoeless house negro like you and your entire cavemen have something upstairs.

Creative zero human still have the gut to insult Aba .

I can smell your meat from afar.
Re: Lagos Tops List Of Highly Indebted States With N797b. Delta, Ogun, Rivers Follow by asanausana91: 9:40pm On Sep 20, 2022
Lagos will only be free after the death of Tinubu.
I swear Tinubu is a wicked basterd. How can you collect #50 billion every month? So what will happen to Nigeria if Tinubu get the treasury.
Some shameless fools will come here trying to defend this drug lord thief.
Ambode would have been the best governor of Lagos state but the thief used his crumbs eaters to send ambode out.
Tinubu finished Lagos now he want to get nigeria treasury.
Vote for Tinubu and die a painful death.
Re: Lagos Tops List Of Highly Indebted States With N797b. Delta, Ogun, Rivers Follow by asanausana91: 9:42pm On Sep 20, 2022
God will never forgive Tinubu.
Re: Lagos Tops List Of Highly Indebted States With N797b. Delta, Ogun, Rivers Follow by Bimpe29: 9:47pm On Sep 20, 2022
It's not unexpected and I think is not too bad for an economically viable State like Lagos.
Re: Lagos Tops List Of Highly Indebted States With N797b. Delta, Ogun, Rivers Follow by Bimpe29: 9:50pm On Sep 20, 2022
That of KWARA is not only alarming but not commensurate with the developmental output expected from the loan
Re: Lagos Tops List Of Highly Indebted States With N797b. Delta, Ogun, Rivers Follow by DOM7: 9:52pm On Sep 20, 2022
Lagos is working ����! Our leaders are so talented at borrowing,after they will be showing themselves as it is their father's money they use for the projects.
Re: Lagos Tops List Of Highly Indebted States With N797b. Delta, Ogun, Rivers Follow by Topmaike007(m): 9:53pm On Sep 20, 2022
SILVERLINES:
grin

Same Lagos Tunibu built

Baba built everything to his bank account
you guys should stop attacking tinubu Abeg...have you ever asked yourself what is ,imo,Abia, Bayelsa doing there because there's no tangible reasonable development going on there at least Ebonyi is still commission lots of projects and still with the Lowest debt..what is Imo and the rest doing there including Delta state..

Abeg you guys should stop attacking one person in is own region while our Eastern region is nothing to write home about all thanks to Udom and Dave Umahi that's still pulling stunt
Re: Lagos Tops List Of Highly Indebted States With N797b. Delta, Ogun, Rivers Follow by Topmaike007(m): 9:55pm On Sep 20, 2022
asanausana91:
God will never forgive Tinubu.
what of Ikpeazu and those other Eastern state that are borrowing and nothing to show for it..Okigwe road is worst from Anambra down to Imo State is worst to be honest with you while from there to Ebonyi is no go area in Abia .. only Ebonyi roads that is still okay all thanks to Dave Umahi..
Re: Lagos Tops List Of Highly Indebted States With N797b. Delta, Ogun, Rivers Follow by asanausana91: 9:58pm On Sep 20, 2022
Topmaike007:
what of Ikpeazu and those other Eastern state that are borrowing and nothing to show for it..Okigwe road is worst from Anambra down to Imo State is worst to be honest with you while from there to Ebonyi is no go area in Abia .. only Ebonyi roads that is still okay all thanks to Dave Umahi..
non of those governors is collecting #50billion every month.
Re: Lagos Tops List Of Highly Indebted States With N797b. Delta, Ogun, Rivers Follow by BeanmanX(m): 10:01pm On Sep 20, 2022
chiefolododo:
Where is Osun?
I was about to ask the same question also...I think Osun state isn't owing
Re: Lagos Tops List Of Highly Indebted States With N797b. Delta, Ogun, Rivers Follow by Topmaike007(m): 10:05pm On Sep 20, 2022
asanausana91:
non of those governors is collecting #50billion every month.
do you know what imo state is receiving as oil producing state And yet still borrow to this extent with nothing good to show for it ..I am from the South East I can boldly tell you that there's nothing awesome in our region,no security,no good roads no good jobs that's why our guys full outside our region doing boy and when December come they will go home to blow of the small savings they have in the name of showoff..

let us learn to be accomodating wetin concern us with Tinubu is he our Governor or is he our regional leader? No, bia the likes of Okorocha, Sam Egwu,Pius Anyim,Ogbonia Onu,Orji Uzor Kalu,Martins Elechi,this present supreme Governor in Imo state and the rest are the people will need to tackle because they're embezzling our future and hope and not this Yoruba people you guys attacked because come rain come sunshine if anything happens and we are to return home, Tinubu go follow us?

Let's be OBIdent and yuseful and do the needful thank you
Re: Lagos Tops List Of Highly Indebted States With N797b. Delta, Ogun, Rivers Follow by Topmaike007(m): 10:06pm On Sep 20, 2022
BeanmanX:
I was about to ask the same question also...I think Osun state isn't owing
leave Osun oo the Governor is doing pretty well in managing the resources of the land ..the people just dislike him because he is Cold that's Why we voted for Imole
Re: Lagos Tops List Of Highly Indebted States With N797b. Delta, Ogun, Rivers Follow by asanausana91: 10:11pm On Sep 20, 2022
Topmaike007:
do you know what imo state is receiving as oil producing state And yet still borrow to this extent with nothing good to show for it ..I am from the South East I can boldly tell you that there's nothing awesome in our region,no security,no good roads no good jobs that's why our guys full outside our region doing boy and when December come they will go home to blow of the small savings they have in the name of showoff..

let us learn to be accomodating wetin concern us with Tinubu is he our Governor or is he our regional leader? No, bia the likes of Okorocha, Sam Egwu,Pius Anyim,Ogbonia Onu,Orji Uzor Kalu,Martins Elechi,this present supreme Governor in Imo state and the rest are the people will need to tackle because they're embezzling our future and hope and not this Yoruba people you guys attacked because come rain come sunshine if anything happens and we are to return home, Tinubu go follow us?

Let's be OBIdent and yuseful and do the needful thank you
Tinubu want to be president of Nigeria,we must look at his past. Someone that retired since 2007 is still collecting #50 billion every month and that same person wants to rule this. For me and my family to vote for Tinubu, it is better iam death.
Re: Lagos Tops List Of Highly Indebted States With N797b. Delta, Ogun, Rivers Follow by Obidient1: 10:13pm On Sep 20, 2022
Prodigal sons in Government, bad evil leaders everywhere even Lagos State.
IMO STATE WHY.
Re: Lagos Tops List Of Highly Indebted States With N797b. Delta, Ogun, Rivers Follow by tempest01(m): 10:21pm On Sep 20, 2022
I Pity IMO state. All these governors sef. And some idiots will be castigating Obi?
Re: Lagos Tops List Of Highly Indebted States With N797b. Delta, Ogun, Rivers Follow by princeakinola1(m): 10:24pm On Sep 20, 2022
Is my eyes not see well?I didn't see osun in the list and people will be abusing Aregbe, hope Ade dancer will not make my dear State number on the list.
Re: Lagos Tops List Of Highly Indebted States With N797b. Delta, Ogun, Rivers Follow by Vainglory: 10:26pm On Sep 20, 2022
Only God will judge Mr. Ifeanyi Okowa.Nobody knows what he is doing with the big allocation Delta state is collecting every month. Teachers who retired since 2014 have not been paid their gratuity and are not being paid any pension and on top of that the state is one of the highest indebted states. What type of wickedness is this?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Farmer Hit By A Fired Gas Canister During Chaos In Aba (Graphic Photos) / Updates On The NLC Protests Nationwide / Checkout This Hilarious Facebook Post By Kenyan(pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.