Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,557 members, 7,816,346 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:56 AM

How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? - Pets (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? (31060 Views)

How Do I Bring My Cat From Singapore To Nigeria / I Want To Kill My Cat Or At Give It Out, A Vet That Can Kill Anywhere In Lagos? / Is This Animal Or Human Being? I'm Begging For An Answer Please! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by Nobody: 8:12am On Oct 27, 2022
I'm sorry, but your story somehow doesn't add up.

We have bursaries, student loans, and sponsorships in SA for students from poor backgrounds who can't afford their college or university fees.

Secondly, government hospitals offer free health care.

You may love big behinds, but your story somehow has some loopholes.

Or maybe your Lerato scammed you in the name of paying college fees and paying for her mom's surgery in order for her to buy alcohol.. grin grin grin
Laturuturu:

Did you know that I enrol her in college
Did you know that I paid for her mum cataract surgery
Yes I like girl with massive behind true but I love her.
Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by Nobody: 8:13am On Oct 27, 2022
I'm from there.
bmd1010:
u from there or Nigerian living there
Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by Nobody: 8:15am On Oct 27, 2022
Have you consulted with your dog's veterinarian first to ensure that those foods are healthy for your him or her?
AUSTYN01:
no, its just the love for the dog
Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by Nobody: 8:18am On Oct 27, 2022
15 cats? kiss kiss How much do you spend on cat food?
harmony75:
My cats are that way even if their tummy looks big you give them again and again they will meow for that one in your plate. Lol � I love them around I have more than 15 cats and kittens ���� in my house we talk to them to shut up or go outside and they listen then come back again lol � � � � � � just keep talking to her and she will obey gradually and understand you don't want to hear meow when you are eating � cats are very proud they have minds of their own. You have to be patient with every pet �� ���
Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by bmd1010: 8:55am On Oct 27, 2022
Samantha123:
I'm from there.
oh ok m from ng
Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by Nobody: 8:56am On Oct 27, 2022
Cool.
bmd1010:
oh ok m from ng
Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by bmd1010: 9:05am On Oct 27, 2022
Samantha123:
Cool.
lol nah
Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by Nobody: 9:08am On Oct 27, 2022
Why?
bmd1010:
lol nah
Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by Realmargie(f): 9:11am On Oct 27, 2022
duro4chang:
Anytime it begs just begin to sing begi begi e no good o, buy your own o e go better
wahala wa oooo, lol
Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by duro4chang(m): 9:14am On Oct 27, 2022
Realmargie:
wahala wa oooo, lol
You minit?
Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by AUSTYN01(m): 9:17am On Oct 27, 2022
yea, and the veterinary comes to deworm and check her up monthly
Samantha123:
Have you consulted with your dog's veterinarian first to ensure that those foods are healthy for your him or her?
Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by bmd1010: 9:22am On Oct 27, 2022
Samantha123:
Why?
nothing just there
Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by Onmyrise: 9:24am On Oct 27, 2022
OnionBandit:
My dear, take this from me. Feed it your own food. If it doesn't reject it, it means that it prefers it much more. Continue to feed it and I assure you whatever you spend to feed it will come back to you in multiple folds.
Be extremely nice to animals. God is watching!

Cats are lovely
But
We all kill for food.
Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by Nobody: 9:27am On Oct 27, 2022
Okay, much better.
AUSTYN01:
yea, and the veterinary comes to deworm and check her up monthly
Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by Onmyrise: 9:30am On Oct 27, 2022
Samantha123:
I always make sure that their bowls have food.

I have 2, but it's only one that is begging.

So they are married..
Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by Nobody: 9:35am On Oct 27, 2022
Lol..They're both females.. grin grin

A mother and a daughter.
Onmyrise:

So they are married..

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by OnionBandit(f): 9:43am On Oct 27, 2022
Onmyrise:

Cats are lovely
But
We all kill for food.
Well, whatever floats everyone's boat. My point exactly is, if you keep an animal as pet, treat it with the highest level of kindness possible.
Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by Onmyrise: 9:46am On Oct 27, 2022
Samantha123:
Lol..They're both females.. grin grin

A mother and a daughter.

Okay.

I am cat lover too.

I owned a cat as a kid and i used to have one, about 10 yrs ago. I am ganna get an all black cat soon.

My story is for another day, and i can relate to all your story..

But, know that Cats are like the most psychic domestic animals. They are spiritually powerful and protect their owners in the astral plane from all forms of dangers.
Which is why its important to have a strong bond with your cat and be nice to them.
Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by Onmyrise: 9:47am On Oct 27, 2022
OnionBandit:
Well, whatever floats everyone's boat. My point exactly is, if you keep an animal as pet, treat it with the highest level of kindness possible.

Absolutely

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by Sholaco: 9:56am On Oct 27, 2022
Feed your pet, let the cat have access to availability and sufficient nutritious food angry
Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by Nobody: 10:06am On Oct 27, 2022
Wow! Interesting.
Onmyrise:

Okay.

I am cat lover too.

I owned a cat as a kid and i used to have one, about 10 yrs ago. I am ganna get an all black cat soon.

My story is for another day, and i can relate to all your story..

But, know that Cats are like the most psychic domestic animals. They are spiritually powerful and protect their owners in the astral plane from all forms of dangers.
Which is why its important to have a strong bond with your cat and be nice to them.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by SweetDipBenny(m): 10:50am On Oct 27, 2022
Samantha123:
I'm not a dog person and I find dogs to be more unhygienic because they can't look after themselves.
Fair enough.. but hope u know ones ones u need to clean d cat
Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by Nobody: 11:06am On Oct 27, 2022
I do clean my cats once or twice per month because most of the time cats can look after and groom themselves.
SweetDipBenny:
Fair enough.. but hope u know ones ones u need to clean d cat
Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by Laturuturu: 11:59am On Oct 27, 2022
Samantha123:
I'm sorry, but your story somehow doesn't add up.

We have bursaries, student loans, and sponsorships in SA for students from poor backgrounds who can't afford their college or university fees.

Secondly, government hospitals offer free health care.

You may love big behinds, but your story somehow has some loopholes.

Or maybe your Lerato scammed you in the name of paying college fees and paying for her mom's surgery in order for her to buy alcohol.. grin grin grin

Scammed me ! May be
Yes may be ..I never went there with them
I only dole out money
May be I was scammed, but I saw the Dad sha. I met him twice
Could it be that they planned it
Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by iLegendd(m): 12:03pm On Oct 27, 2022
If the cat is a Nigerian, then begging is hereditary. There is nothing you can do. cheesy
Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by cho25bc(f): 12:27pm On Oct 27, 2022
Samantha123:
Cat lovers in the house, I need your advise.

I have a cat that I buy cat food for, but this same cat doesn't seems to be content with only its food anymore and would eventually come to me with a big visible full stomach and still beg for food from me whenever I eat.

It wasn't like this before and it only started recently.

I don't believe in beating up domestic animals, especially cats, but I sometimes find myself fighting over a plate of food with this cat and whenever I try to shout at it, most of the time it would meow back at me instead of being frightened.

I'm worried that one day it's gonna display these same manners towards visitors when I offer them food and I know how a lot of black Africans hate cats and can't stand them.

What can I do to make it stop begging for food whenever I eat?

Are you giving it the same type of food you wat! Or you place it strictly on cat food?
Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by Nobody: 12:28pm On Oct 27, 2022
It's possible that she planned it with her father because to be honest with you, most SA women just see you Nigerian guys as their cash cows, all they want is to milk you dry because you Nigerian men like flexing too much.

Whenever they see you guys, they see a bank account full of money and such girls are usually gold diggers.

Not all of them are like that, but most of those that date Nigerian guys are just looking for a quick cash.

She played you very well and you fell for it.. grin grin grin

Laturuturu:

Scammed me ! May be
Yes may be ..I never went there with them
I only dole out money
May be I was scammed, but I saw the Dad sha. I met him twice
Could it be that they planned it
Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by Nobody: 12:30pm On Oct 27, 2022
I placed her on strictly cat food, but sometimes I give in to her begging and share with her my food.
cho25bc:

Are you giving it the same type of food you wat! Or you place it strictly on cat food?
Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by Laturuturu: 12:39pm On Oct 27, 2022
Samantha123:
It's possible that she planned it with her father because to be honest with you, most SA women just see you Nigerian guys as their cash cows, all they want is to milk you dry because you Nigerian men like flexing too much.

Whenever they see you guys, they see a bank account full of money and such girls are usually gold diggers.

Not all of them are like that, but most of those that date Nigerian guys are just looking for a quick cash.

She played you very well and you fell for it.. grin grin grin

My God will judge her.. especially her father .Old man that can lie like that. At that age.
My God will judge them
Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by cho25bc(f): 12:47pm On Oct 27, 2022
Samantha123:
I placed her on strictly cat food, but sometimes I give in to her begging and share with her my food.

I think i understand where the problem is. I think it is getting tired of its cat food. Even we humans get tired of eating the same meals over and over again for a long time, and will desire other delicacies.

Try to feed your cat with your normal human food for a while, and see if it will deter it from begging food from you. It may also be feeling cheated by the quantity of your food, which is naturally expected to be bigger than its own. You know, the "she is eating more than me" kinda feeling grin, like a child sometimes feels like his parents are eating more food than him. The cat wants equality in eating, you know, "Only you cant finish this plate nah, give me some too" kinda mentality grin

You can also mix your type of food with its cat food in small quantity at a time, then observe its behavior after eating. You can try this for a week straight. wink smiley
Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by Nobody: 12:51pm On Oct 27, 2022
You Nigerian men need to stop flexing because it'll only give you unnecessary attention.. grin grin cheesy
Laturuturu:

My God will judge her.. especially her father .Old man that can lie like that. At that age.
My God will judge them
Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by Nobody: 12:57pm On Oct 27, 2022
You could be right because i taste every cat food that I buy, especially if it's a new flavour or brand.

They're all tasteless.
cho25bc:

I think i understand where the problem is. I think it is getting tired of its cat food. Even we humans get tired of eating the same meals over and over again for a long time, and will desire other delicacies.

Try to feed your cat with your normal human food for a while, and see if it will deter it from begging food from you. It may also be feeling cheated by the quantity of your food, which is naturally expected to be bigger than its own. You know, the "she is eating more than me" kinda feeling grin, like a child sometimes feels like his parents are eating more food than him. The cat wants equality in eating, you know, "Only you cant finish this plate nah, give me some too" kinda mentality grin

You can also mix your type of food with its cat food in small quantity at a time, then observe its behavior after eating. You can try this for a week straight. wink smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

I Find It Difficult To Keep These Birds As Pet, Help / Diary of My Rare Sable German Shepherd / 10 Ways To Spot Dogs Owned By Poor People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.