Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,563 members, 7,816,370 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:18 AM

How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? - Pets (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? (31062 Views)

How Do I Bring My Cat From Singapore To Nigeria / I Want To Kill My Cat Or At Give It Out, A Vet That Can Kill Anywhere In Lagos? / Is This Animal Or Human Being? I'm Begging For An Answer Please! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by graceama: 5:38pm On Oct 26, 2022
Lock the cat up in a room whenever you want to eat... release it after eating

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by twilliamx(m): 5:39pm On Oct 26, 2022
emmabest2000:
Which of your cat ?

RisiCAT

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by Nawttiboi007(m): 5:40pm On Oct 26, 2022
Kill it
Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by Oluwaatosyn(m): 5:41pm On Oct 26, 2022
Maybe your cat is pregnant

Samantha123:
Cat lovers in the house, I need your advise.

I have a cat that I buy cat food for, but this same cat doesn't seems to be content with only its food anymore and would eventually come to me with a big visible full stomach and still beg for food from me whenever I eat.

It wasn't like this before and it only started recently.

I don't believe in beating up domestic animals, especially cats, but I sometimes find myself fighting over a plate of food with this cat and whenever I try to shout at it, most of the time it would meow back at me instead of being frightened.

I'm worried that one day it's gonna display these same manners towards visitors when I offer them food and I know how a lot of black Africans hate cats and can't stand them.

What can I do to make it stop begging for food whenever I eat?

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by onlinestaff2020: 5:43pm On Oct 26, 2022
Samantha123:

I have a cat that I buy cat food for, but this same cat doesn't seems to be content with only its food anymore and would eventually come to me with a big visible full stomach and still beg for food from me whenever I eat.

I don't believe in beating up domestic animals, especially cats, but I sometimes find myself fighting over a plate of food with this cat and whenever I try to shout at it, most of the time it would meow back at me instead of being frightened.

I'm worried that one day it's gonna display these same manners towards visitors when I offer them food and I know how a lot of black Africans hate cats and can't stand them.

Cats are demonic in nature.
Cats are extra baggages.
Cats are not for Africans.
Cats can infect you with feline viruses.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by Starz825(m): 5:44pm On Oct 26, 2022
As I see the topic ...cat and food
My spirit tell me say op no be Nigerian

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by Nobody: 5:44pm On Oct 26, 2022
Though I love domestic animals, I'm not a dog person.. I prefer them from a distance.
bmd1010:
get a dog
Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by Wilexnaija(m): 5:45pm On Oct 26, 2022
Kill it
Samantha123:

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by Laturuturu: 5:46pm On Oct 26, 2022
Samantha123:

Economy is something else
Don't blame the cat...it's buhari
Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by Dollarremix(m): 5:46pm On Oct 26, 2022
Samantha123:
You should be the one doing the chasing, not me.. grin grin

Ok drop your email or phone number.
Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by Juanmike(m): 5:46pm On Oct 26, 2022
By giving it the food
Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by Scarletjr(m): 5:47pm On Oct 26, 2022
The cat nor get home training brr he need beating buh Small to caution him
Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by Eltonluigi(m): 5:47pm On Oct 26, 2022
Cats are known to always plea for meal, don't take it serious and he'd get over it...my little feline would never take wetin dem no give am!
Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by Nobody: 5:48pm On Oct 26, 2022
Every time I try to upload pictures or change my profile picture, my nairaland account closes down, I don't know why. undecided undecided
AfonjaConehead:

Have something it doesn't eat with you whenever you are eating and give it to him grin he will avoid your dining table after and mind it's business.

Picture pls
Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by uchmannn(m): 5:48pm On Oct 26, 2022
Samantha123:

Maybe your food taste and smell good than its food and needed to get a tastes of your food

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by SLIDEwaxie(m): 5:48pm On Oct 26, 2022
Samantha123:

stop disturbing yourself, all cats do that. When you want to eat, put it in its cage until you're done. Once a cat sees you're eating, they come to you. My cat, tiger, does that a lot too. And it's not new, Billy, Star and Lee also did the same. By the way, that's Tiger below

7 Likes

Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by bobkezel(m): 5:48pm On Oct 26, 2022
Person never feed herself finish, she go buy cat.... See you see kwashiokor....
I didn't include ur cat in the kwashiokor because e fit become street cat from the way I'm looking both of you.

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by matrixme(m): 5:48pm On Oct 26, 2022
Your cat is obviously sharing much bond with you by trying to eat from your plate. You need to set boundaries anyway. Does it have a dedicated plate for food and water? My cat often mews around its plate every morning in protest for food. It tries to come around my meals too, but I always chase it away and it doesn't often return. Its also important to be allowing it to go out in the night to fend for food. Once its getting its own food by itself, then the dependancy on you only for food reduces, but not its love

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by SaLongs1(m): 5:49pm On Oct 26, 2022
Cat wen some people dey kill cook and chop sef

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by joyandfaith: 5:50pm On Oct 26, 2022
Samantha123:

Eat at the same time.
Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by sammirano: 5:50pm On Oct 26, 2022
Picture plzzz. And your cat is not IT. It's either he or she. Cats are adorable

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by Nobody: 5:50pm On Oct 26, 2022
Nope, she's not.
Oluwaatosyn:
Maybe your cat is pregnant

Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by Ovieemmanuel: 5:52pm On Oct 26, 2022
We are worried about tinubu you are disturbed about cat. We are worried about BAT.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by brandsoncharlie: 5:52pm On Oct 26, 2022
Samantha123:

Who told you a lot of black Africans hate a lot, travel to neighboring countries like Togo , Ivory Coast, Ghana, they love cats, 5 cats can live with them in their houses, no shaking.
I got used to cat when I went to these countries.
Cats are fearless if you like chase they will meow at you, they go from house to house to eat grin. Don’t forget to be giving it steady fish especially the fried ones grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 5:52pm On Oct 26, 2022
Give it out.
Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by EMMANUELNATION(m): 5:53pm On Oct 26, 2022
Sell it man
Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by Kavod: 5:53pm On Oct 26, 2022
[quote author=Samantha123 post=116890198]I admit that in the past I would sometimes give in to it's begging, but I didn't think it would turn out this way.

I knew it was wrong, but I don't know why I did it and most of the time I like spicy food, which I don't think they're healthy for the cat.[/quote please I find it hard to believe people can love cats. What is their use please? A cat can see someone killing you and ignore and that same your killer would care for that cat. They offer no PROTECTION, they are never contempt, they are slimy and their shit smell is awful. Please I want just one advantage of owing a cat and please do not tell me rats because if rats are in your home then you are a very dirty pig. Please shoot it in the face and get a dog. Thanks
Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by brandsoncharlie: 5:54pm On Oct 26, 2022
Rozross:
Feed it well, obviously your cat isn’t having enough. I hate cats
Cat’s are long throats, they never get satisfied. grin
Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by Nobody: 5:54pm On Oct 26, 2022
No one is forcing you to like them.
onlinestaff2020:

Cats are demonic in nature.
Cats are extra baggages.
Cats are not for Africans.
Cats can infect you with feline viruses.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by Nobody: 5:54pm On Oct 26, 2022
Why?
Wilexnaija:
Kill it
Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by Nobody: 5:55pm On Oct 26, 2022
I'm not a Nigerian. grin grin
Laturuturu:

Economy is something else
Don't blame the cat...it's buhari

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

I Find It Difficult To Keep These Birds As Pet, Help / Diary of My Rare Sable German Shepherd / 10 Ways To Spot Dogs Owned By Poor People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.