Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,538 members, 7,816,309 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:18 AM

How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? - Pets (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? (31057 Views)

How Do I Bring My Cat From Singapore To Nigeria / I Want To Kill My Cat Or At Give It Out, A Vet That Can Kill Anywhere In Lagos? / Is This Animal Or Human Being? I'm Begging For An Answer Please! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by abokikhalifa: 11:21pm On Oct 26, 2022
Na iya Bimbom from your village be that cat. Village pple monitoring you.
Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by bmd1010: 11:22pm On Oct 26, 2022
Samantha123:
Seriously? grin grin grin
yup dey cute, hope u cute
Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by TrueNigerian300: 11:25pm On Oct 26, 2022
Samantha123:
Cat lovers in the house, I need your advise.

I have a cat that I buy cat food for, but this same cat doesn't seems to be content with only its food anymore and would eventually come to me with a big visible full stomach and still beg for food from me whenever I eat.

It wasn't like this before and it only started recently.

I don't believe in beating up domestic animals, especially cats, but I sometimes find myself fighting over a plate of food with this cat and whenever I try to shout at it, most of the time it would meow back at me instead of being frightened.

I'm worried that one day it's gonna display these same manners towards visitors when I offer them food and I know how a lot of black Africans hate cats and can't stand them.

What can I do to make it stop begging for food whenever I eat?

I have no advice for you but God bless you for taking of such an animal that many Nigerians despise. Cats are beautiful animals!

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by TrueNigerian300: 11:27pm On Oct 26, 2022
MatrixReloaded:
Cats are my worst pet because of their evil tendency. Cat can blind your eyes for no reason. One of my neighbours cat always want boiled egg. So anytime I visit with boil egg that's how it will follow me with the hunch back up and down.

Not being superstitious, evil means they can harm with their claws just as they can slice with their fangs just stepping on them but if a dog it will only whine but won't bite.

Will guys stop these mentality of associating evil with such beautiful animal. I thought every cat is aggresive until I stepped out of Nigeria. Nigerians are the aggressors not cats. Treat cats well and they will do same.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by Nobody: 11:38pm On Oct 26, 2022
Thank you.. smiley smiley smiley
TrueNigerian300:

I have no advice for you but God bless you for taking of such an animal that many Nigerians despise. Cats are beautiful animals!
Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by Nobody: 11:40pm On Oct 26, 2022
They're ugly and I don't like them.

They're also wild animals.
bmd1010:
yup dey cute, hope u cute
Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by daytona007: 11:42pm On Oct 26, 2022
All pvssies dey beg. If you know what I mean grin
Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by Anticrime77: 12:01am On Oct 27, 2022
Eeya may be u didnt train it well.. I use to have one wen i was very young. D cat will never touch anything i dont put in her plate...Even if i place fried chicken on d table. May be its as a résult of how i trained d cat .If fish mistakenly fall from ur hand ...my cat will neva make any attempt to even come closer except u call her...Cats are very intelligent even more than dogs.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by bmd1010: 12:05am On Oct 27, 2022
Samantha123:
They're ugly and I don't like them.

They're also wild animals.
not d once i sent u, where u chatting from?
Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by walesoflyf(m): 12:28am On Oct 27, 2022
Samantha123:

I have a cat that I buy cat food for, but this same cat doesn't seems to be content with only its food anymore and would eventually come to me with a big visible full stomach and still beg for food from me whenever I eat.

I don't believe in beating up domestic animals, especially cats, but I sometimes find myself fighting over a plate of food with this cat and whenever I try to shout at it, most of the time it would meow back at me instead of being frightened.

I'm worried that one day it's gonna display these same manners towards visitors when I offer them food and I know how a lot of black Africans hate cats and can't stand them.

This is an extremely annoying post.. Honestly... You, your cat, abeg make una Park well..
Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by Enny2013(f): 1:22am On Oct 27, 2022
Samantha123:
Where will I get the mice? Lol.
Lol
Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by Nobody: 2:09am On Oct 27, 2022
SA.
bmd1010:
not d once i sent u, where u chatting from?
Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by mrkings84(m): 2:27am On Oct 27, 2022
Samantha123:

What u have there isn't a cat but a witch, be careful.

My1cent
Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by Laturuturu: 2:27am On Oct 27, 2022
Samantha123:
You have your Ngozi, Damola, and Aisha there.

Yes I have them do they have Lerato kind of ass..answer that question in all honesty
Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by etrange: 2:33am On Oct 27, 2022
Samantha123:
I just knew that it had to be a parrot because so far they're the naughtiest birds I know.. grin grin

I've heard that you mustn't gossip in their presence about someone they know because they might go and tell that person, how true is it?

Lol... not really true. The name "parrot" refers to a family of birds actually and there are many species of parrots (not breeds like dogs but actually different species). And many of them aren't known for talking. Those that are excellent talkers (e.g the African Grey) tend not to associate meaning to what they say. They either repeat the words over and over or use them only in a very specific context. My friend's bird screams "night!" anytime you put off the light (it's afraid of the dark). Mine only knows one word and because I praise him anytime he says that, he now believes the word is a perfect way to get my attention. And that was how he named me "biscuit".

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by Dshocker(m): 2:34am On Oct 27, 2022
Samantha123:

Cut him tail
Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by harmony75: 3:33am On Oct 27, 2022
My cats are that way even if their tummy looks big you give them again and again they will meow for that one in your plate. Lol � I love them around I have more than 15 cats and kittens ���� in my house we talk to them to shut up or go outside and they listen then come back again lol � � � � � � just keep talking to her and she will obey gradually and understand you don't want to hear meow when you are eating � cats are very proud they have minds of their own. You have to be patient with every pet �� ���

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by phemmyfour: 4:05am On Oct 27, 2022
Samantha123:

It's easy.
Eat only when your cat is eating. Both of you should eat at the same time.
Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by Danyel1z(m): 4:53am On Oct 27, 2022
It may sound overhyped but don’t need you to believe, out of all the animal meat I’ve tasted, cat meat is unique, E get as E be for mouth….�Before I ate, I had to see the whole process from killing the cat to dishing out. Yummy! Very neat animal indeed
Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by bmd1010: 5:36am On Oct 27, 2022
Samantha123:
SA.
hows sa?
Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by Nobody: 6:41am On Oct 27, 2022
It's good.
bmd1010:
hows sa?
Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by sharone21(f): 6:53am On Oct 27, 2022
onlinestaff2020:

Cats are demonic in nature.
Cats are extra baggages.
Cats are not for Africans.
Cats can infect you with feline viruses.

Yes, for the average Nigerian.

An average Cameroonian loves cats and uses it to 'sanitize' his house/ environment from rats( lol)
Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by Nobody: 6:54am On Oct 27, 2022
Now this got me laughing so hard.. grin grin grin

Some animals are just wonderful creatures.
etrange:

Lol... not really true. The name "parrot" refers to a family of birds actually and there are many species of parrots (not breeds like dogs but actually different species). And many of them aren't known for talking. Those that are excellent talkers (e.g the African Grey) tend not to associate meaning to what they say. They either repeat the words over and over or use them only in a very specific context. My friend's bird screams "night!" anytime you put off the light (it's afraid of the dark). Mine only knows one word and because I praise him anytime he says that, he now believes the word is a perfect way to get my attention. And that was how he named me "biscuit".

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by Nobody: 6:56am On Oct 27, 2022
Seems to me that you were never in love with Lerato.

All you loved was her behind.
Laturuturu:

Yes I have them do they have Lerato kind of ass..answer that question in all honesty

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by sharone21(f): 6:59am On Oct 27, 2022
Anticrime77:
Eeya may be u didnt train it well.. I use to have one wen i was very young. D cat will never touch anything i dont put in her plate...Even if i place fried chicken on d table. May be its as a résult of how i trained d cat .If fish mistakenly fall from ur hand ...my cat will neva make any attempt to even come closer except u call her...Cats are very intelligent even more than dogs.

People who link Cats to women and Dogs to men, I hope u are reading this.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by Nobody: 7:02am On Oct 27, 2022
Superstitious people.. grin grin

You guys really need to change your mentality.

I've been living a peaceful and happy life since I stopped believing in such things.
mrkings84:

What u have there isn't a cat but a witch, be careful.

My1cent
Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by Onisokuso(m): 7:09am On Oct 27, 2022
Possessed cat you love with
Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by Laturuturu: 7:23am On Oct 27, 2022
Samantha123:
Seems to me that you were never in love with Lerato.

All you loved was her behind.

Did you know that I enrol her in college
Did you know that I paid for her mum cataract surgery
Yes I like girl with massive behind true but I love her.
Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by bmd1010: 7:29am On Oct 27, 2022
Samantha123:
It's good.
u from there or Nigerian living there
Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by AUSTYN01(m): 7:37am On Oct 27, 2022
lol, just do it with discretion.. that is how i treat my dog, i decide when to buy stuffs like that.. and she must eat normal food when i want also
Samantha123:
You want me to go broke because of a cat.. grin grin grin
Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by Nobody: 8:05am On Oct 27, 2022
Buy my cat the same pizza that I only eat occasionally? grin grin grin

I don't think ice creams are healthy for cats.

You must be a millionaire to be wasting your money on your dog like that. grin grin
AUSTYN01:
lol, just do it with discretion.. that is how i treat my dog, i decide when to buy stuffs like that.. and she must eat normal food when i want also
Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by AUSTYN01(m): 8:08am On Oct 27, 2022
no, its just the love for the dog
Samantha123:
Buy my cat the same pizza that I only eat occasionally? grin grin grin

I don't think ice creams are healthy for cats.

You must be a millionaire to be wasting your money on your dog like that. grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

I Find It Difficult To Keep These Birds As Pet, Help / Diary of My Rare Sable German Shepherd / 10 Ways To Spot Dogs Owned By Poor People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.