Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,540 members, 7,816,314 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:23 AM

How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? - Pets (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? (31058 Views)

How Do I Bring My Cat From Singapore To Nigeria / I Want To Kill My Cat Or At Give It Out, A Vet That Can Kill Anywhere In Lagos? / Is This Animal Or Human Being? I'm Begging For An Answer Please! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by Nobody: 12:49pm On Oct 13, 2022
I've heard that Nigeria is very hot compared to SA, wouldn't I faint upon reaching the airport because of the heat? grin grin
Dollarremix:
I'm not in Nigeria.

Let me marry you,so you will relocate to Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by DkingInBlack: 5:17pm On Oct 13, 2022
Samantha123:
Cat lovers in the house, I need your advise.

I have a cat that I buy cat food for, but this same cat doesn't seems to be content with only its food anymore and would eventually come to me with a big visible full stomach and still beg for food from me whenever I eat.

It wasn't like this before and it only started recently.

I don't believe in beating up domestic animals, especially cats, but I sometimes find myself fighting over a plate of food with this cat and whenever I try to shout at it, most of the time it would meow back at me instead of being frightened.

I'm worried that one day it's gonna display these same manners towards visitors when I offer them food and I know how a lot of black Africans hate cats and can't stand them.

What can I do to make it stop begging for food whenever I eat?
well I had a local breed that was like that, at the sight of chicken she starts crying and will even jump on the plate, she even goes to the trash in the kitchen if chicken scent dy come from there . It was very annoying and I had to give her out . All my current cats know better, when I'm eating they just sit and look at me, they don't even come close to my plate. When they were very little when they come close to me eating I yell stop and if they came closer I will give them a tap on the head or slap their mouth lol no hot slap o . But with time they understood it was bad behavior and they stopped it.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by Nobody: 5:34pm On Oct 13, 2022
Thanks, I'll try to tap my cat's head and see if it can work.
DkingInBlack:
well I had a local breed that was like that, at the sight of chicken she starts crying and will even jump on the plate, she even goes to the trash in the kitchen if chicken scent dy come from there . It was very annoying and I had to give her out . All my current cats know better, when I'm eating they just sit and look at me, they don't even come close to my plate. When they were very little when they come close to me eating I yell stop and if they came closer I will give them a tap on the head or slap their mouth lol no hot slap o . But with time they understood it was bad behavior and they stopped it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by DkingInBlack: 6:03pm On Oct 13, 2022
Samantha123:
Thanks, I'll try to tap my cat's head and see if it can work.
commands work for cats but it tks longer than dogs but trust me they listen. My cats know commands like, sit ,jump , come and eat ,don't eat ,come inside, go outside ,stop it and some others too. Get your cat training toys,kits and treats it helps a lot . 08160273694 . Dtz my watsapp number. I have some few toys and training kits available .

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by Nobody: 6:33pm On Oct 13, 2022
Wow! Are you a veterinarian or an animal trainer?
DkingInBlack:
commands work for cats but it tks longer than dogs but trust me they listen. My cats know commands like, sit ,jump , come and eat ,don't eat ,come inside, go outside ,stop it and some others too. Get your cat training toys,kits and treats it helps a lot . 08160273694 . Dtz my watsapp number. I have some few toys and training kits available .

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by DkingInBlack: 7:24pm On Oct 13, 2022
Samantha123:
Wow! Are you a veterinarian or an animal trainer?
Lol no Sir . Just a Cat lover . I have few cats myself. I even have this cute stray that comes to look for me because I feed her and she let's me pet her sometimes

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by Nobody: 7:30pm On Oct 13, 2022
Oh! That's nice.

As for the toys and the training kits, I'm not based in Nigeria and I'm a woman, not a sir. grin cheesy
DkingInBlack:
Lol no Sir . Just a Cat lover . I have few cats myself. I even have this cute stray that comes to look for me because I feed her and she let's me pet her sometimes

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by DkingInBlack: 7:58pm On Oct 13, 2022
Samantha123:
Oh! That's nice.

As for the toys and the training kits, I'm not based in Nigeria and I'm a woman, not a sir. grin cheesy
oh I'm very sorry lol forgive my bad manners ��
Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by Nobody: 8:08pm On Oct 13, 2022
It's okay.. cheesy cheesy
DkingInBlack:
oh I'm very sorry lol forgive my bad manners ��
Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by DkingInBlack: 9:01pm On Oct 13, 2022
Can you upload a picture of your cat or send it to me on watsapp. I will love to see her
Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by Nobody: 9:57am On Oct 14, 2022
Don't worry about her, she may lack a bit of manners, but she's a good cat.
DkingInBlack:
Can you upload a picture of your cat or send it to me on watsapp. I will love to see her
Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by DkingInBlack: 4:47pm On Oct 14, 2022
Samantha123:
Don't worry about her, she may lack a bit of manners, but she's a good cat.
What breed is she ?
Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by Nobody: 9:53pm On Oct 14, 2022
Orange tabby Bengal.
DkingInBlack:
What breed is she ?
Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by Sammy101111(m): 6:18am On Oct 15, 2022
Your cat is behaving like Nigeria girls lol

10 Likes

Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by Dollarremix(m): 6:23pm On Oct 16, 2022
I've heard that Nigeria is very hot compared to SA, wouldn't I faint upon reaching the airport because of the heat? Nope.you can come any day any time.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by Nobody: 11:45am On Oct 20, 2022
Come and get me.. grin grin
Dollarremix:
I've heard that Nigeria is very hot compared to SA, wouldn't I faint upon reaching the airport because of the heat? Nope.you can come any day any time.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by iykedakelvin(m): 8:07pm On Oct 21, 2022
MatrixReloaded:
Cats are my worst pet because of their evil tendency. Cat can blind your eyes for no reason. One of my neighbours cat always want boiled egg. So anytime I visit with boil egg that's how it will follow me with the hunch back up and down.

Not being superstitious, evil means they can harm with their claws just as they can slice with their fangs just stepping on them but if a dog it will only whine but won't bite.
You are just a very dumb Nigerian. Rest and go to hell with your mentality. Nah una witchcraft dey always affect pass stupid lad

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by iykedakelvin(m): 8:11pm On Oct 21, 2022
Whenever you want to feed her, try and train her to be restraint. Sit, stop, wait. They understand but are very arrogant. And there’s nothing bad in sharing your food with your pet it’s a sign they love you. You see all these Nigerian comments here. They are just bunch of foolish people. I share everything I eat with my cat and if she wants she takes if she’s doesn’t she goes away. Don’t mind these dumb Nigerians. Im just laughing at them all

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by iykedakelvin(m): 8:14pm On Oct 21, 2022
And any person wey no like cat shouldn’t come to you. I threw all my cat enemy friends away. They are not humans

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by MatrixReloaded: 1:21pm On Oct 22, 2022
iykedakelvin:

You are just a very dumb Nigerian. Rest and go to hell with your mentality. Nah una witchcraft dey always affect pass stupid lad
God pass you as you Wish others so shall it be to you.

4 Likes

Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by Dollarremix(m): 10:57pm On Oct 22, 2022
Come and get me..

Don't worry just come naija assurance cover you.

That's a promise.
Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by Nobody: 4:53pm On Oct 23, 2022
You should be the one doing the chasing, not me.. grin grin
Dollarremix:
Come and get me..

Don't worry just come naija assurance cover you.

That's a promise.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by Dollarremix(m): 9:16pm On Oct 25, 2022
You should be the one doing the chasing, not me..

Ok
Drop your number.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by Lucrativress(f): 9:40pm On Oct 25, 2022
Samantha123:

I have a cat that I buy cat food for, but this same cat doesn't seems to be content with only its food anymore and would eventually come to me with a big visible full stomach and still beg for food from me whenever I eat.

I don't believe in beating up domestic animals, especially cats, but I sometimes find myself fighting over a plate of food with this cat and whenever I try to shout at it, most of the time it would meow back at me instead of being frightened.

I'm worried that one day it's gonna display these same manners towards visitors when I offer them food and I know how a lot of black Africans hate cats and can't stand them.

This is soo sweet and hilarious
Does it hate bitter things?
If yes
Get bitter leaf
Aloe Vera is also bitter grin
And bitter drugs that are not bad for it
Whenever it begs,add one the two, grind well to smooth and add to a very little portion. grin
Continue like that till it understands begging means bitter.
I believe this will help.

I'm an animal lover
Had these animals that always jumped whenever I was doing a particular thing cause they want to eat it.
So one day I did a whole lot of that thing, a whole lot and gave it to them grin
They ate ate ate till they could not eat again.
They started running away from it
Till today they still run away from it grin grin
Ajemo grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by Nobody: 9:55pm On Oct 25, 2022
I've only seen people talk about bitter leaf here on nairaland, I've never seen it before.

But I do have aloe vera in the house.

I'll try using it.
Lucrativress:

This is soo sweet and hilarious
Does it hate bitter things?
If yes
Get bitter leaf
Aloe Vera is also bitter grin
And bitter drugs that are not bad for it
Whenever it begs,add one the two, grind well to smooth and add to a very little portion. grin
Continue like that till it understands begging means bitter.
I believe this will help.

I'm an animal lover
Had these animals that always jumped whenever I was doing a particular thing cause they want to eat it.
So one day I did a whole lot of that thing, a whole lot and gave it to them grin
They ate ate ate till they could not eat again.
They started running away from it
Till today they still run away from it grin grin
Ajemo grin

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by DannyFX2638: 5:36pm On Oct 26, 2022
Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by bmd1010: 5:36pm On Oct 26, 2022
Samantha123:

get a dog

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by hakeem4(m): 5:36pm On Oct 26, 2022
My cat is also like that
Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by AfonjaConehead: 5:36pm On Oct 26, 2022
Samantha123:
I do feed it.. I make sure that there's always food and water in its bowls.
Have something it doesn't eat with you whenever you are eating and give it to him grin he will avoid your dining table after and mind it's business.

Picture pls
Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by Konjiboii: 5:37pm On Oct 26, 2022
I already like your pussy, do you need a BF?

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by omoredia: 5:38pm On Oct 26, 2022
Send it abroad oo. Him wan japa

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

I Find It Difficult To Keep These Birds As Pet, Help / Diary of My Rare Sable German Shepherd / 10 Ways To Spot Dogs Owned By Poor People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.