Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:16 AM

How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? - Pets (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? (31121 Views)

How Do I Bring My Cat From Singapore To Nigeria / I Want To Kill My Cat Or At Give It Out, A Vet That Can Kill Anywhere In Lagos? / Is This Animal Or Human Being? I'm Begging For An Answer Please! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by 7arrows: 6:31pm On Oct 26, 2022
Samantha123:
Cat lovers in the house, I need your advise.

I have a cat that I buy cat food for, but this same cat doesn't seems to be content with only its food anymore and would eventually come to me with a big visible full stomach and still beg for food from me whenever I eat.

It wasn't like this before and it only started recently.

I don't believe in beating up domestic animals, especially cats, but I sometimes find myself fighting over a plate of food with this cat and whenever I try to shout at it, most of the time it would meow back at me instead of being frightened.

I'm worried that one day it's gonna display these same manners towards visitors when I offer them food and I know how a lot of black Africans hate cats and can't stand them.

What can I do to make it stop begging for food whenever I eat?

Feed him well. Na hungry cat.
Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by SeriouslySense(m): 6:31pm On Oct 26, 2022
Maybe you should see an Animal Doctor.

Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by Nobody: 6:33pm On Oct 26, 2022
My apologies.. grin grin grin
Ovieemmanuel:
We are worried about tinubu you are disturbed about cat. We are worried about BAT.
Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by SeriouslySense(m): 6:34pm On Oct 26, 2022
smiley
DkingInBlack:
Lol no Sir . Just a Cat lover . I have few cats myself. I even have this cute stray that comes to look for me because I feed her and she let's me pet her sometimes
Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by Kingzy4pep(m): 6:34pm On Oct 26, 2022
Dollywood:

Lmaooo. Simp of the year.
Damn it
Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by hardon1(m): 6:35pm On Oct 26, 2022
How does the cat do the begging if I may ask undecided
Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by Nobody: 6:37pm On Oct 26, 2022
Thanks for the advice.

I live in South Africa.
Bobbiee:
A friend of mine had a cat. Same issue. The solution is to set your cat feeding seperate from yours, and just lock her out in a room when it's your time to eat or when you have visitors. If your visitors want to see your cat, tell them frankly that your cat will try to get at your food, so they should be ready to share. If they have no problem with it then of course, let the cat loose

I love cats. Do you live in Lagos?
Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by SeriouslySense(m): 6:37pm On Oct 26, 2022
Please stop these superstitions.

Africans have lived with cats and they were regarded highly. Dont know where you get these stories from.

onlinestaff2020:

Cats are demonic in nature.
Cats are extra baggages.
Cats are not for Africans.
Cats can infect you with feline viruses.
Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by Nobody: 6:39pm On Oct 26, 2022
She would leave her food to come and beg me.

Yes, she only begs me because we're close.
AlphaStorm:
Cats will beg their owners for food for 2 reasons :

1. They are trying to bond with their owners.

2. They aren't satisfied with the quality or quantity of food given to them.

Does it beg for food from you ONLY ??
Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by ttmacoy: 6:39pm On Oct 26, 2022
Nigerians and their ridiculous superstitions, and yet na una do jazz pass.

MatrixReloaded:
Cats are my worst pet because of their evil tendency. Cat can blind your eyes for no reason. One of my neighbours cat always want boiled egg. So anytime I visit with boil egg that's how it will follow me with the hunch back up and down.

Not being superstitious, evil means they can harm with their claws just as they can slice with their fangs just stepping on them but if a dog it will only whine but won't bite.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by iFESTAC680(m): 6:40pm On Oct 26, 2022
You never chop belle ful you go buy cat
grin grin
Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by dontbothermuch: 6:40pm On Oct 26, 2022
That a cat left a food doesn't mean it is filled. Give it a smoked fish & see. But if it is actually filled, cat usually goes to a corner & lick their paws & relax.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by Preztige23: 6:40pm On Oct 26, 2022
Country hard even cat dey beg
Rozross:
Feed it well, obviously your cat isn’t having enough. I hate cats
Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by SeriouslySense(m): 6:40pm On Oct 26, 2022
Yes, i also got used to cats too, they are very smart and have a mind of their own. More independent that dogs.

brandsoncharlie:

Who told you a lot of black Africans hate a lot, travel to neighboring countries like Togo , Ivory Coast, Ghana, they love cats, 5 cats can live with them in their houses, no shaking.
I got used to cat when I went to these countries.
Cats are fearless if you like chase they will meow at you, they go from house to house to eat grin. Don’t forget to be giving it steady fish especially the fried ones grin
Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by descarado: 6:41pm On Oct 26, 2022
Your cat might have health problem.
Take the cat to a vet and run some test.
You should have googled this than bringing it here. Or go to better forum that members cherish cats.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by fof1: 6:42pm On Oct 26, 2022
Samantha123:

I have a cat that I buy cat food for, but this same cat doesn't seems to be content with only its food anymore and would eventually come to me with a big visible full stomach and still beg for food from me whenever I eat.

I don't believe in beating up domestic animals, especially cats, but I sometimes find myself fighting over a plate of food with this cat and whenever I try to shout at it, most of the time it would meow back at me instead of being frightened.

I'm worried that one day it's gonna display these same manners towards visitors when I offer them food and I know how a lot of black Africans hate cats and can't stand them.

Pls Feed him well and take Better Care of him and he will behave...As he grows Older,its food will not be enough,Pls but at best,Contact it Vet for Lasting Professional Advice.
Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by SeriouslySense(m): 6:44pm On Oct 26, 2022
The advantage is for companionship or friendship

Having a good time also makes a person healthy. There are other advantage, especially for people who do not like being alone.

Who told you cats do not care, they have shown tendency to care they are also perceptive to the emotional state of people, just like dogs.

These animals also communicate in their own ways, they have personalities, they are not just sacks of meat cheesy cheesy

I still see Loyalty, Mischievousness, playfulness, anger, Joy, shrewdness in them.

[quote author=Samantha123 post=116890198]I admit that in the past I would sometimes give in to it's begging, but I didn't think it would turn out this way.

I knew it was wrong, but I don't know why I did it and most of the time I like spicy food, which I don't think they're healthy for the cat.[/quote please I find it hard to believe people can love cats. What is their use please? A cat can see someone killing you and ignore and that same your killer would care for that cat. They offer no PROTECTION, they are never contempt, they are slimy and their shit smell is awful. Please I want just one advantage of owing a cat and please do not tell me rats because if rats are in your home then you are a very dirty pig. Please shoot it in the face and get a dog. Thanks
Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by Nobody: 6:49pm On Oct 26, 2022
I'm in love with this cat already.
FLYFIRE:
Your cat is showing you love. Hasn't she been bringing in birds & lizards into the house anytime she sneaks out. My son's cat wont eat her food untill someone stands by her while she eats. Sometimes she would prefer your own food to the extent that she eats eba well robbed in soup. I did not like cats until this one came grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by princewarri1985: 6:50pm On Oct 26, 2022
Samantha123:

just kill the fucking cat! How did this nonsense even made front page at the first place? WTF man where is buggy man? just shoot the fucking cat! i hate ca
Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by Nobody: 6:52pm On Oct 26, 2022
I don't think I can do that, I'll feel bad afterwards.
sophirebenitez:
Sprinkle water on its face whenever it begs you or tries to grab ur food. It'll run away. After a while it'll understand that beging = getting wet.
Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by SeriouslySense(m): 6:52pm On Oct 26, 2022
I have eaten around cats before, and they come to check what i eat, they were curious, and when they saw, its not their type of food, they left me to eat. Besides worm sickness, may just be curiosity.

Samantha123:
We do sometimes eat at the same time, but immidiately she hears the sound of a plate, she'd come running.
Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by Nobody: 6:53pm On Oct 26, 2022
Lol.. grin grin grin
Stevo35:

That is a sign' that cat will eat you one day.
Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by SeriouslySense(m): 6:54pm On Oct 26, 2022
Wow, so people still think this, how old are you now. smiley smiley

Cypress042:

But normally you know those creatures are witch sad

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by SirLakes: 6:54pm On Oct 26, 2022
Ovieemmanuel:
We are worried about tinubu you are disturbed about cat. We are worried about BAT.

a BATing grin
Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by SLIDEwaxie(m): 6:55pm On Oct 26, 2022
Samantha123:
I don't like caging my cats, I want them to have their freedom.
then don't Complain because they'll always do that
Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by SeriouslySense(m): 6:55pm On Oct 26, 2022
Haha, Reminds me of my dog. But i like their eyes, it looks like they will cry, when they are begging. grin grin

fineboynl:
Cat and dog always beg for food. They roam at night and that why they end up eating witch
Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by UncleAyo: 6:56pm On Oct 26, 2022
Never give it food anytime you're eating. Simple!

Animals learn too. You cat will soon become used to that fact and stop. Don't ease up on the determination not to give it food while you're eating.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by SeriouslySense(m): 6:56pm On Oct 26, 2022
I agree smiley smiley They are like a person but not a person ( same behavior as Lions especially female Lions) , they want to be pampered and loved all the time.

grandstar:

If you're not ready to pamper a cat, don't get one. Just be sweet to it. They also feel entitled.

They are neither humans or dogs. So don't expect the same behavior.

Why kill yourself if it goes out to it? If you believe you've fed it well, then it shouldn't bother you.
Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by duro4chang(m): 6:57pm On Oct 26, 2022
Frankie6835:

My ribs o
You don minit?
Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by duro4chang(m): 6:58pm On Oct 26, 2022
Frankie6835:

My ribs o grin
You mean it?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

10 Ways To Spot Dogs Owned By Poor People / Diary of My Rare Sable German Shepherd / Juliana, The Dog That Got Two Blue Cross Medals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.