Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,621 members, 7,816,561 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:08 PM

How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? - Pets (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? (31067 Views)

How Do I Bring My Cat From Singapore To Nigeria / I Want To Kill My Cat Or At Give It Out, A Vet That Can Kill Anywhere In Lagos? / Is This Animal Or Human Being? I'm Begging For An Answer Please! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by tishbite41(m): 5:55pm On Oct 26, 2022
Samantha123:
Cat lovers in the house, I need your advise.

I have a cat that I buy cat food for, but this same cat doesn't seems to be content with only its food anymore and would eventually come to me with a big visible full stomach and still beg for food from me whenever I eat.

It wasn't like this before and it only started recently.

I don't believe in beating up domestic animals, especially cats, but I sometimes find myself fighting over a plate of food with this cat and whenever I try to shout at it, most of the time it would meow back at me instead of being frightened.

I'm worried that one day it's gonna display these same manners towards visitors when I offer them food and I know how a lot of black Africans hate cats and can't stand them.

What can I do to make it stop begging for food whenever I eat?
Nwa Mandela, you don carry your headache come disturb us for Nigeria abi?!
Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by Frankie6835: 5:57pm On Oct 26, 2022
duro4chang:
Anytime it begs just begin to sing begi begi e no good o, buy your own o e go better

My ribs o grin
Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by Frankie6835: 5:58pm On Oct 26, 2022
duro4chang:
Anytime it begs just begin to sing begi begi e no good o, buy your own o e go better

My ribs o
Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by membranus: 5:59pm On Oct 26, 2022
kennethcolley:
Alhamdulilah 4 everything.

Meaning what?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by Bobbiee: 6:01pm On Oct 26, 2022
A friend of mine had a cat. Same issue. The solution is to set your cat feeding seperate from yours, and just lock her out in a room when it's your time to eat or when you have visitors. If your visitors want to see your cat, tell them frankly that your cat will try to get at your food, so they should be ready to share. If they have no problem with it then of course, let the cat loose

I love cats. Do you live in Lagos?

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by Wilexnaija(m): 6:01pm On Oct 26, 2022
I hate cats
Samantha123:
Why?
Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by Nobody: 6:01pm On Oct 26, 2022
I don't like caging my cats, I want them to have their freedom.
SLIDEwaxie:
stop disturbing yourself, all cats do that. When you want to eat, put it in its cage until you're done. Once a cat sees you're eating, they come to you. My cat, tiger, does that a lot too. And it's not new, Billy, Star and Lee also did the same. By the way, that's Tiger below

4 Likes

Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by fmonigent(m): 6:01pm On Oct 26, 2022
Samantha123:

I have a cat that I buy cat food for, but this same cat doesn't seems to be content with only its food anymore and would eventually come to me with a big visible full stomach and still beg for food from me whenever I eat.

I don't believe in beating up domestic animals, especially cats, but I sometimes find myself fighting over a plate of food with this cat and whenever I try to shout at it, most of the time it would meow back at me instead of being frightened.

I'm worried that one day it's gonna display these same manners towards visitors when I offer them food and I know how a lot of black Africans hate cats and can't stand them.

My cat doesn't beg for food as I gives her own food and let be in her corner. She understands when her boundaries and does not cross it. That's was how I brought her up

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by Nobody: 6:03pm On Oct 26, 2022
Your cat is cute, already I like you because of that cat.. cheesy cheesy
SLIDEwaxie:
stop disturbing yourself, all cats do that. When you want to eat, put it in its cage until you're done. Once a cat sees you're eating, they come to you. My cat, tiger, does that a lot too. And it's not new, Billy, Star and Lee also did the same. By the way, that's Tiger below

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by gasparpisciotta: 6:04pm On Oct 26, 2022
Samantha123:

Simple remedies-

Buy her snacks/treats- Biscuits etc

Engage her with toys that can keep her busy

Learn to ignore her

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by Tonytonex(m): 6:04pm On Oct 26, 2022
By always giving it enough food.
Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by Nobody: 6:05pm On Oct 26, 2022
We do sometimes eat at the same time, but immidiately she hears the sound of a plate, she'd come running.
joyandfaith:

Eat at the same time.
Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by Tonytonex(m): 6:07pm On Oct 26, 2022
Samantha123:

LOL at the bolded. grin

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by NwaMamaIwota(f): 6:09pm On Oct 26, 2022
Cypress042:
I pray your lovely cat don't cross part me or with people who share same mentality with me..

Because the story won't end well undecided
your mentality na village mentality
you and your likes needs rehabilitation.

no wonder one was deported from Canada

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by Nobody: 6:09pm On Oct 26, 2022
I do buy her sea food flavoured cat food. Sometimes I'd buy chicken flavour.
brandsoncharlie:

Who told you a lot of black Africans hate a lot, travel to neighboring countries like Togo , Ivory Coast, Ghana, they love cats, 5 cats can live with them in their houses, no shaking.
I got used to cat when I went to these countries.
Cats are fearless if you like chase they will meow at you, they go from house to house to eat grin. Don’t forget to be giving it steady fish especially the fried ones grin
Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by AlphaStorm: 6:09pm On Oct 26, 2022
Cats will beg their owners for food for 2 reasons :

1. They are trying to bond with their owners.

2. They aren't satisfied with the quality or quantity of food given to them.

Does it beg for food from you ONLY ??

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by Tonytonex(m): 6:09pm On Oct 26, 2022
Samantha123:
We do sometimes eat at the same time, but immidiately she hears the sound of a plate, she'd come running.
funny cat.
Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by fineboynl(m): 6:10pm On Oct 26, 2022
Cat and dog always beg for food. They roam at night and that why they end up eating witch

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by NwaMamaIwota(f): 6:11pm On Oct 26, 2022
Samantha123:

bro that your cat loves you very much.
mine of 8 years + do the same thing but when I give him he'll just walk away.
he's showing you love and nothing more.
just like a last born whining for food in her mother's plate even when he has his own.
nothing wrong with that.
cats are lovely creatures.

4 Likes

Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by Nobody: 6:12pm On Oct 26, 2022
Meaw meaw
Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by Nobody: 6:13pm On Oct 26, 2022
Okay.
Wilexnaija:
I hate cats

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by Cypress042(m): 6:16pm On Oct 26, 2022
NwaMamaIwota:
your mentality na village mentality you and your likes needs rehabilitation.
no wonder one was deported from Canada
But normally you know those creatures are witch sad
Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by Nobody: 6:17pm On Oct 26, 2022
Noted.
gasparpisciotta:

Simple remedies-

Buy her snacks/treats- Biscuits etc

Engage her with toys that can keep her busy

Learn to ignore her
Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by nNEOo(m): 6:19pm On Oct 26, 2022
Samantha123:
I do feed it.. I make sure that there's always food and water in its bowls.

Did you just call your cat "it" ? doesn't s/he have a name?
I've never had this kind issue with my cats, always put for her so when she come back home she can always have something to eat.
Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by grandstar(m): 6:22pm On Oct 26, 2022
Samantha123:

If you're not ready to pamper a cat, don't get one. Just be sweet to it. They also feel entitled.

They are neither humans or dogs. So don't expect the same behavior.

Why kill yourself if it goes out to it? If you believe you've fed it well, then it shouldn't bother you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by FLYFIRE(m): 6:23pm On Oct 26, 2022
Your cat is showing you love. Hasn't she been bringing in birds & lizards into the house anytime she sneaks out. My son's cat wont eat her food untill someone stands by her while she eats. Sometimes she would prefer your own food to the extent that she eats eba well robbed in soup. I did not like cats until this one came grin grin grin

7 Likes

Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by Stevo35: 6:24pm On Oct 26, 2022
Samantha123:

That is a sign' that cat will eat you one day.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by Nobody: 6:26pm On Oct 26, 2022
Lol.. very funny. grin grin grin
Starz825:
As I see the topic ...cat and food
My spirit tell me say op no be Nigerian
Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by WowSweetGuy(m): 6:27pm On Oct 26, 2022
Na greedy cat be that

If the cat get access the cat go even cook that food by him/herself and chop

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by Dollywood(m): 6:28pm On Oct 26, 2022
DkingInBlack:
commands work for cats but it tks longer than dogs but trust me they listen. My cats know commands like, sit ,jump , come and eat ,don't eat ,come inside, go outside ,stop it and some others too. Get your cat training toys,kits and treats it helps a lot . 08160273694 . Dtz my watsapp number. I have some few toys and training kits available .

Lmaooo. Simp of the year.
Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by Nobody: 6:31pm On Oct 26, 2022
I do let her have her freedom.
matrixme:
Your cat is obviously sharing much bond with you by trying to eat from your plate. You need to set boundaries anyway. Does it have a dedicated plate for food and water? My cat often mews around its plate every morning in protest for food. It tries to come around my meals too, but I always chase it away and it doesn't often return. Its also important to be allowing it to go out in the night to fend for food. Once its getting its own food by itself, then the dependancy on you only for food reduces, but not its love

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

I Find It Difficult To Keep These Birds As Pet, Help / Diary of My Rare Sable German Shepherd / 10 Ways To Spot Dogs Owned By Poor People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.