Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,721 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:12 PM

Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf (67698 Views)

SA President Cyril Ramaphosa Wears Palestinian Scarf, Pledges Solidarity (PICS) / Nothing Will Be Left Of Israel If It Acts Against Iran – President Raisi / Donald Trump Warns Hassan Rouhani, Iran President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by advanceDNA: 9:13am On Sep 23, 2022
fserpent:
He did not force her. That is his demand she can choose to do whatever she wants.

Abeg clear off

If he was in his country...he would have beheaded her

2 Likes

Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by chiedozie198100: 9:13am On Sep 23, 2022
the funny thing is that she's of Iranian descent.
Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by detectivejones: 9:13am On Sep 23, 2022
You can't impose the law of your land on a person outside your land. Nice one Christiane.

2 Likes

Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by colestephan86: 9:13am On Sep 23, 2022
DonXavi:

https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/22/middleeast/iran-president-ebrahim-raisi-christiane-amanpour-intl/index.html
What I see happening in the world is that everyone wants to be respected.
Let's assume it was the pope or the queen of England that made the request, would she have declined?
Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by Arielle: 9:13am On Sep 23, 2022
lhordspy:
Just another plot to put the iranian in a bad light to the world. But the Iranian president is no coward like the africa leaders that licks the feet of the europeans.

Amanpour knows the iranian president so well, he know he will never accept to that, so why shedule an interview with him when you know you can't dress according to the president religious doctrine.

It is definitely planned either for clout-chasing, cheap attention seeking, or portraying the already battered image of the iranian president or iranians in general in the face of the world.

Thank God, Jesus wasnt around this time. This present day propaganda set of medias would have make us believe he is bad just because he wont do to their bidding.

I think CNN, BBC and other european maintstream media are the problem of this world
Don't be such a b.loody i.diot. Is there no end to you people's misplaced arrogance? You want to dictate how a journalist dresses in her own country because she is interviewing the grand poobah. It is the cowardly iranian who knew that Christiane Amanpoir will never acceed to such a foolish request. She has interviewed his betters and they conducted themselves with decorum. This fool was afraid to be questioned about the murder of the young iranian girl. As for you, the writer, get some sense. You are sorely in need of it.

6 Likes

Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by God1000(m): 9:13am On Sep 23, 2022
OSUigboFlatHead:

Who told you he is in America?
He's attending United Nations general assembly meeting in new York
Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by Patriotsleague: 9:14am On Sep 23, 2022
Beverlyjean:
U called for an interview and he accepted and u want it on ur own terms , instead of his.. I will not blame the president...there's a tough situation in his country now concerning the hijab and CNN and Western media as usual wanna make it sensational... the women in his country are protesting and u want to interview him without a hijab so that the protest will now get out of control....Western media and manipulation
Iran is a terrorist state. They killed a woman recently just because she didn't wear an headscarf and he has the affrontery to ask her to wear an hijab?

The world does not revolve around you and your head slamming religion. We have thousands of religions in this world, why is Islam always associated with oppression, extremism and terrorism?

2 Likes

Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by OSUigboFlatHead(f): 9:14am On Sep 23, 2022
advanceDNA:
Islam and making women inferior to men na 5&6
Are women superior to men before?

Keep FOOLING YOURSELF in delusions.

EVEN GOD DIDN'T CREATE US EQUALLY?

EVEN THOUGH GOD DOESN'T HAVE ANY SEX, IN WHAT SEX DO YOU IMAGINE "HIM" TO BE?

WHAT SEX IS JESUS?

WHAT SEX IS MOHAMMED?

WHAT SEX IS BUHDA?

HOW MANY GOD'S MESSENGERS AND PROPHETS CAME AS WOMEN?
Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by advanceDNA: 9:15am On Sep 23, 2022
chiedozie198100:
the funny thing is that she's of Iranian descent.

So.?? Whats funny about it
Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by Patriotsleague: 9:15am On Sep 23, 2022
TenQ:

So biased.

The scarf is part of Iranian Religious laws that someone want to impose on another country.

She wasn't intimidated even though she's from Iran. Kudos to the one who is not afraid of Islam!
You people let your religion get into your head. No one give a fck about your religion, the earlier you zombies understand this, the better for world peace.
Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by owobokiri(m): 9:16am On Sep 23, 2022
lhordspy:
Just another plot to put the iranian in a bad light to the world. But the Iranian president is no coward like the africa leaders that licks the feet of the europeans.

Amanpour knows the iranian president so well, he know he will never accept to that, so why shedule an interview with him when you know you can't dress according to the president religious doctrine.

It is definitely planned either for clout-chasing, cheap attention seeking, or portraying the already battered image of the iranian president or iranians in general in the face of the world.

Thank God, Jesus wasnt around this time. This present day propaganda set of medias would have make us believe he is bad just because he wont do to their bidding.

I think CNN, BBC and other european maintstream media are the problem of this world.

Modified: For everyone quoting me and coming right at me. We Nigerians are just usually unnecessarily emotional about religious sentimentalism. We are blind by religious sentiment, it doesnt even matter even if we are to be packed like a chicken inside a single bus, or be reffered to as a third-world country. As far as our colonizers are christians, and we are too.. We dont give a damn about what they do to us and how they treat us.

For goodness sake, can't you see behind your religious blindness that this was planned by CNN and Amanpour incojunction with the US to put the iranian president in a bad light..? You guys dont know how dirty foreign politics can get. You think it is by peter obi vs tinubu type of gbas gbos type of politics

The man stood is ground, he is not a coward like our african leader that can be bullied into submission. He should get a statue, he is a man after my heart.

Spoken like a MURIC moronic dingbat as usual

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by mrksquare: 9:16am On Sep 23, 2022
lhordspy:

I think CNN, BBC and other european maintstream media are the problem of this world

I guess you didn't digest the story very well. Read to understand. Amanpour opined that she has interviewed many Iranian presidents in time past that came to the UNGA wherein she didn't cover her hair and they also didn't pick issues with the fact that her hair wasn't covered.

That President Raisi is the first president that is actually picking hole with the fact that her hair must be covered before he can grant the said interview.

Amanpour is of Irainian descent and she knows the rules. Whenever she travels to Iran to cover stories she covers her hair. But in New York there is no rule barring women from covering their hair.

1 Like

Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by whizzler: 9:18am On Sep 23, 2022
Beverlyjean:
U called for an interview and he accepted and u want it on ur own terms , instead of his.. I will not blame the president...there's a tough situation in his country now concerning the hijab and CNN and Western media as usual wanna make it sensational... the women in his country are protesting and u want to interview him without a hijab so that the protest will now get out of control....Western media and manipulation

Yea, ur reasoning is very logical
Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by fortunez1(m): 9:18am On Sep 23, 2022
President Raisi way of shying away from the interview since he knew he would be indirectly probed of critical issues like the on going protest, nuclear deal , Azerbaijan and Armenian conflict and Russia etc
Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by Chekwume16(m): 9:18am On Sep 23, 2022
Wow. But he addressed the UN Council. Why did he not request for all the ladies in the audience to cover their hair before any speech. Stupid demand.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by Patriotsleague: 9:18am On Sep 23, 2022
blinking001:

Islam brings with it order in a society. If that is what Nigeria needs so be it
Islam is one of hundreds of religion, it's only important to you Muslims, not important to anyone else. You slaves keep enjoying your slavery, no matter what you do, this world will be destroyed before anyone take our freedoms again. Those Arabs came, bought Fulani and Sahel foot soldiers, conquered your African fathers , slit their necks, raped your grandmothers in the North, dethrone your kings and install their emirs, over a bogus religious story, you gave away your essence, your heritage. Islam is simply Arabic traditions, you African, following Arabs like slaves. You need to seek the light, this road is leading you nowhere. The paradise story is a scam.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by uniquetechng: 9:20am On Sep 23, 2022
fiizznation:
The requested interview was just a ploy to paint Iran bad amidst the hijab controversy going on in Iran. Of course she vividly know the Iranian president won't grant her request.

Is like you don't know this western reporters.
She has interviewed previous Iranian presidents and none has requested she cover her head knowing fully well that they were in a foreign land, you dont go to Rome for instance and ask them to adopt your culture or doctrines instead you respect theirs and adapt them for the period you're there .

Stop sounding dumb thinking you're making sense because you're not .

4 Likes

Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by Originalsly: 9:20am On Sep 23, 2022
osazsky:

so if she wanted to protect the interest of Iranian female slave that has been subjected to hijab and deprived education,she for wear hijab..very funny..blacks are really monkeys i swear

How is she protecting the interest of Iranian female slave by not wearing a hijab in order to get an interview? ... an interview where she can confront him on the hijab issue? Tell me how ... defend your comment ... if you're not really a black monkey.
Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by Chopcy29: 9:21am On Sep 23, 2022
fiizznation:
Hey boy watch your word. I don't usually fancy silly comments from ignorant people around here.

Shey Na you get this platform?...
Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by StrongAlphMale: 9:22am On Sep 23, 2022
Oluwaseunomo:

It's not hard to comprehend i don't know what's your headache about it if she can't wear head scarf then she's free to goto hell with her creepy interview.

This one must be a Yoruba Muslim. You think the northern Muslims sees you as a real Muslim?

2 Likes

Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by Agboriotejoye(m): 9:22am On Sep 23, 2022
Oluwaseunomo:

It's not hard to comprehend i don't know what's your headache about it if she can't wear head scarf then she's free to goto hell with her creepy interview.
You're thinking like a terrorist
How would it sound of Nigerian president insists a French journalist must tie gele before she can interview him in Paris

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by lhordspy: 9:22am On Sep 23, 2022
mrksquare:

I guess you didn't digest the story very well. Read to understand. Amanpour opined that she has interviewed many Iranian presidents that came to the UNGA wherein she didn't cover her hair and they also didn't pick issues with the fact that her hair wasn't covered.

That President Raisi is the first that is actually picking hole with the fact that her hair won't be covered should she grant the said interview with him.

Amanpour is on Irainian descent and she knows the rules. Whenever she travels to Iran to cover stories she covers her hair. But in New York there is no rule barring women from covering their hair.

Different strokes for different folks. I dont know how i can make you to understand that CNN was just trying to capitalize on the already tense political atmosphere in iran. They planned it, they want the world to see that the iranian president is a sturbborn one and justify their female segregation propaganda they have impose on the world about the iranian government. Man knows, and Man still stood his ground.

Shalom
Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by uniquetechng: 9:23am On Sep 23, 2022
Beverlyjean:
You dont go to another man's country and ask them to adopt or adapt to your culture or doctrines, instead you respect theirs and adapt to new environment for the period you're there.

Reason before commenting
Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by Broveens42(m): 9:23am On Sep 23, 2022
whizzler:

Yea, ur reasoning is very logical

Hahahaha.. no he's illogical ... If an Igbo lady did this, I'm sure a lot of you will condemn with words like..

Why are Igbo people proud..
She's suddenly forgotten her roots because she's now in America
Must you embarrass a sitting president
Just simple interview and you can't cover hair
Why do Igbo people like unnecessary drama

Hehehehahahahuhuhu
Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by GENES11S: 9:23am On Sep 23, 2022
fiizznation:
The requested interview was just a ploy to paint Iran bad amidst the hijab controversy going on in Iran. Of course she vividly know the Iranian president won't grant her request.

Is like you don't know this western reporters.

When it comes to religion fanatics you don't need to do anything.

Just fold arms n watch them paint themselves bad.... it's normal.
Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by olab059(m): 9:23am On Sep 23, 2022
YinkaOlusesi16:
I Wonder why they are forcing people to do things against their will.

Okay then...it is not also by force to do interview with her na. Majority of people that would have watched that interview are Iranians, and that is there culture. I'm not a religious fanatic, but religious rules are rules...she knew he wouldn't agree to the interview without her wearing a scarf, so why set it up in the first place?
Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by StrongAlphMale: 9:24am On Sep 23, 2022
Beverlyjean:

Most of u dont have sense...Western media have destroyed ur brain capacity... oh, Islam that has been in existence for centuries should not be honoured with their beliefs that have never changed...but the same Western media ,lead by USA are forcing LGBTA beliefs on everyone ... they even said any country that fails to acknowledge Gay rights , even if its against the country's religion or constitution, that they will cut ties... people are becoming wiser now , the world dont start or end with usa

If normal people are quoting me, you too a nairaland evening newspaper will be quoting me? Are you sure you're normal?

Come let today be the first and last time you will ever quote me on nairaland again
Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by SugarGirl44(f): 9:24am On Sep 23, 2022
Muslim men are just the worst.
The same way they control their wives at home and have turned them to zombies, is how they want to control any female they come across.
Like wtf!!

Their women go about in mobile prisons just to please their husbands who go about sleeping with girls who don't wear hijabs.

As an African, esp Yoruba woman, you have no biz dressing in black all your life.
Our dressing is beautiful and colorful, as life itself should be, but you prefer to look down on yoursef by copying a culture that's not yours and it's not even fantastic.
Imagine wearing same color of cloth all through your life. Bleh!!

I'm sure they envy us but pride won't make them change their dressing and copy common blacks.
But since you mumus have no pride, you copy anything copiable.

Even in heaven, God will still blame you for not appreciating the way he created you, and you tried to change it by copying other people.

You're not different from people who bleach, y'all simply don't appreciate yourselves and wanna be someone else, so stop hyping yourself as holy or special.

3 Likes

Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by angelfallz(m): 9:24am On Sep 23, 2022
The wearing of the hijab is optional in Saudi Arabia. You travel to another country, then try to impose your will on the people there, is that right?
Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by GloriousGbola: 9:25am On Sep 23, 2022
fiizznation:
Why schedule an interview with him when you know you won't put on a scarf? To score cheap political point or what? Just listen to the woman's defence? Talking as if the man forced her to wear a scarf.

Don't know why this crazy people derive some kind of joy in tarnishing the image of Islam and Muslims in general. Must you interview him without a scarf? If he isn't going to be comfortable with you interviewing him with your hair opened, why persist in the first place?

I don't know what hijab did to some people. Is just a piece of cloth. Doesn't bite anybody. So why the noise about something that you won't wear and nobody is forcing you to wear it

let me play your game for you - so if a muslim journalist decides to interview a president of a secular country say france- is the president also entitled to demand that the journalist remove her hijab to interview him?

you CANNOT enforce your laws outside of your country - more so when people are being MURDERED in your country for them.

the man was trying to pull a stunt, or looking for a way to dodge questions about the maniac judge jury and executioner religious police.

5 Likes

Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by lhordspy: 9:26am On Sep 23, 2022
kenex4ever:
U need to pay attention to your English writing skills.

Thank you sir. I was typing very fast and emotional. I will have to re-check.

But please kindly let me know where i got it wrong.
Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by Agboriotejoye(m): 9:26am On Sep 23, 2022
lhordspy:

I think CNN, BBC and other european maintstream media are the problem of this world.

Modified : For everyone quoting me and coming right at me. We Nigerians are just usually unnecessarily emotional about religious sentimentalism. We are blind by religious sentiment, it doesnt even matter even if we are to be packed like a chicken inside a single bus, or be reffered to as a third-world country. As far as our colonizers are christians, and we are too.. We dont give a damn about what they do to us and how they treat us.

For goodness sake, can't you see behind your religion blindness that this was planned by CNN and Amanpour incojunction with the US to put the iranian president in a bad light in the face of the world.? You guys dont know how dirty foreign politics can get. You think it is by peter obi vs tinubu type of gbas gbos Nigeria childish politics we play here. Foreign Politics is filthy, they will always tend to want to bring you down in one way or the other

He knows their plan.. He stood his ground, he is not a coward like our african leader that can be bullied into submission. He should get a statue, he is a man after my heart, just next to vladmir Putin.
Your modified quote sounds even more dumb and betrays your low iq.
Was it Biden or Amanpour that told him to ask her to conform with his beliefs or be treated like a persona non grata?
You keep talking about colonialism whereas it's obvious Islam has colonised your brain to that of an extremist.
Simple question. If Nigerian president of Yoruba extraction insists that a French journalist must tie gele before she can interview him in Paris, what would be your reaction?
There, you can see it's not only whites that colonise people now.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Jerusalem: ''to Know Who The 45th US President Is, Read Isaiah 45'' - FFK / Taliban Fighters Killed & Captured After Afghan Militias Seize 3 Districts / SCREENSHOT. Rev Reinhard Bonnkie Speaks On Homosexuality.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.