Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,326 members, 7,815,641 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:48 PM

Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf - Foreign Affairs (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf (67696 Views)

SA President Cyril Ramaphosa Wears Palestinian Scarf, Pledges Solidarity (PICS) / Nothing Will Be Left Of Israel If It Acts Against Iran – President Raisi / Donald Trump Warns Hassan Rouhani, Iran President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by Agboriotejoye(m): 9:54am On Sep 23, 2022
Oluwaseunomo:

Bros nobody is obliged to grant any useless interview likewise if she can't tie the head tie the interview is not important to her then she should move on with her fucking life. It's clear the Iran guy don't need her and her useless cnn interview so you Africans should stop using panadol for another person's headache.
There's nobody saying he's obligated to grant any interview. He agreed to the interview initially. No one forced him to.
He also has the right to change his mind.
What he doesn't have is the right to tell the journalist how to dress. That's nonsense. Moreso when he's in New York not Tehran.
The man is a closet jihadist and so is anyone supporting him.

3 Likes

Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by Beverlyjean(f): 9:55am On Sep 23, 2022
SIRTee15:

Iranian President is not smart. Nobody cared about the CNN interview until the issue of amanpour wearing hijab came up.
Now global spotlight will now be on the ongoing protest in Iran where a woman was killed in police custody for not wearing hijab. Everybody will know about it and the negative impression of hijab as a tool of oppression will be globally reinforced.

Global spotlight on Iran has always been there... they dont care...its still better than the protests by his people...besides , what do they want?? So for their women to stop wearing Hijab?? Y force ur own belief on a country that have their practice... so they force Americans to stop their gay agenda??
Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by babajero(m): 9:56am On Sep 23, 2022
fiizznation:
The requested interview was just a ploy to paint Iran bad amidst the hijab controversy going on in Iran. Of course she vividly know the Iranian president won't grant her request.

Is like you don't know this western reporters.
Women are protesting in Iran burning the hijab and other head scarves, in a supposed Islamic country, and you are here trying to sound more Islamic more than the Islamic people.

1 Like

Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by lhordspy: 9:57am On Sep 23, 2022
jagjag:

You lack sense alot, why is the Iranian President not respecting her own religion too. Must the religion of Iranian President only be respected? You are just a fool with not future direction

Calm down sir. Why the insults?

She asked for the interview. If she want one, then she should respect the man ways.
Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by imam07: 9:57am On Sep 23, 2022
DonXavi:

https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/22/middleeast/iran-president-ebrahim-raisi-christiane-amanpour-intl/index.html
our Nigeria Muslims can say the protest is caused by united state of America.
Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by Agboriotejoye(m): 9:57am On Sep 23, 2022
Beverlyjean:

Law that has been in existence for centuries...but the same usa are forcing LGBTA on people and children...y cant u guys open ur eyes for once ...
Oppressive laws existing for centuries doesn't make it right. Female circumcision was also a law that existed for centuries. May I asked if you're circumcised and if not, when?
Nobody is forcing LGBT on anyone. I've not heard you must have a female partner before you can enter the US

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by IJEYdiamond(f): 9:58am On Sep 23, 2022
He is an idiot no apologies.... he did that to her because she is Iranian by birth.. but raised in the UK

He is stupid... no hard feeling... that means what they did to that girl in iran is true the lranian girl...

The senseless president just fell into the west trap... what is he going to say now...

D guy nah goat... some people dont have sense... devil leading his people astray... how in d word do these demons rule countries... eheeee...

1 Like

Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by PeterObi4LP: 9:59am On Sep 23, 2022
This is an eye opener to all lovers of Nigeria about Muslim Muslim ticket. A vote for Tinubu and Shettima is a vote to deprive women off their right.

1 Like

Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by Nchenches: 9:59am On Sep 23, 2022
God1000:
This is serious, so Iran's President didn't realize that he's in America for now.

I support Christiane Amanpour on this, I'm sure she will wear it if she travels to Iran for this interview, but this is USA na.

We've seen western female journalists covering their heads in the middle East because it is necessary to do so over there.

Again this is coming when women across Iran are protesting against the death of a 22 year old woman in the custody of morality police and with dozens of protesters killed already.

Even at that, what is in scarf must be worn, if not male chauvinism ingrained in Islam about an adult female must cover her body full, if not, she will sexually lure other males outside her husband to her?
Sticking to that scarf rule without asking why, amounts to zombiism in Islamic doctrines.
Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by 7arrows: 10:00am On Sep 23, 2022
fiizznation:
Why schedule an interview with him when you know you won't put on a scarf? To score cheap political point or what? Just listen to the woman's defence? Talking as if the man forced her to wear a scarf.

Don't know why this crazy people derive some kind of joy in tarnishing the image of Islam and Muslims in general. Must you interview him without a scarf? If he isn't going to be comfortable with you interviewing him with your hair opened, why persist in the first place?

I don't know what hijab did to some people. Is just a piece of cloth. Doesn't bite anybody. So why the noise about something that you won't wear and nobody is forcing you to wear it

Its obvious u r a Muslim. For God sake this woman is in the u.s he came to New York. So he can't come there to bend the law. What has looking at her hair got to do with the I interview? So he can't control himself? Make una dey deceive una sef there. After una go carry bomb dey blow una self up say na Mohammed una dey fight for. Mohammed no fit fight 4 himself Abi? What a primitive way.

1 Like

Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by Beverlyjean(f): 10:00am On Sep 23, 2022
Agboriotejoye:

Oppressive laws existing for centuries doesn't make it right. Female circumcision was also a law that existed for centuries. May I asked if you're circumcised and if not, when?
Nobody is forcing LGBT on anyone. I've not heard you must have a female partner before you can enter the US

But they force their beliefs on kids ...its an agenda....its just a matter of time
Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by imam07: 10:01am On Sep 23, 2022
lhordspy:
Just another plot to put the iranian in a bad light to the world. But the Iranian president is no coward like our African leaders that licks the feet of the Europeans.

Amanpour knows the iranian president so well, she knows he will never accept to that, so why schedule an interview with him when you know you can't dress according to the president's religious doctrine.

It was definitely planned either for clout-chasing, cheap attention seeking, or portraying the already battered image of the iranian president or iranians in general in a bad way right in the face of the world.

Thank God, Jesus wasnt around this time. This present day propaganda dishing set of medias would have made us believe he is bad just because he wont do to their bidding.

I think CNN, BBC and other european maintstream media are the problem of this world.

)l) km
Modified : For everyone quoting me and coming right at me. We Nigerians are just usually unnecessarily emotional about religious sentimentalism. We are blind by religious sentiment, it doesnt even matter even if we are to be packed like chickens inside a single bus, or be reffer to as a third-world country. As far as our colonizers are christians, and we are too.. We dont give a damn about what they do to us and how they treat us.

For goodness sake, can't you see behind your religion blindness that this was planned by CNN and Amanpour incojunction with the US to put the iranian president in a bad light in the face of the world.? You guys dont know how dirty foreign politics can get. You think it is by peter obi vs tinubu type of gbas gbos Nigeria childish politics we play here. Foreign Politics is filthy, they will always tend to want to bring you down in one way or the other.

He knows their plan.. He stood his ground, he is not a coward like our african leaders that can be bully into submission. He should get a statue, he is a man after my heart, just next to vladmir Putin.
u are an idiot and slave to d Arab. Is the interview be taken in Iranian soil. This is US soil and an outsider is trying to dictate her dressing code. Why are u like this. Must u put religion on your head.
Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by Farid24224(m): 10:01am On Sep 23, 2022
Dammmmmmn!!!! No-nonesense president...
Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by 7arrows: 10:02am On Sep 23, 2022
StrongAlphMale:
Amanpour did the right thing.

CNN should stop inviting terrorists to their tv station. E sure me die say that Iran president wan go organized his terrorist brothers wey go bomb CNN

Anything is possible o.
Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by Abiono28: 10:02am On Sep 23, 2022
fiizznation:
The requested interview was just a ploy to paint Iran bad amidst the hijab controversy going on in Iran. Of course she vividly know the Iranian president won't grant her request.

she has interviewed past iranian leaders without wearing head scarf. Always read before commenting
Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by lhordspy: 10:03am On Sep 23, 2022
linearity:

You clearly did not read the details.

This was not part of the original plan when the interview was been scheduled and worked out.

The Iranian was terribly late to the interview, and he arrived he sent his subordinate to go ask her to wear a scarf and she refused.

He wanted to use her as a prop to the current protest taking place in Iran where a lady died in Police custody over loosely wearing her scarf.

If she is in the Middle East, she can wear scarf or if this has been brought up when scheduling the interview that would have been a different.

Respect of a person or religion is both way. Demanding that others do your bidding is not respect.

Alright sir.

But i think she who is demanding for the interview should have abide by the man's way. I just don't get what the fuse is all about. All this could have gone unnoticed and unknown to the world. CNN just looking for another propaganda means. And they got one.

My opinion sir.
Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by smeag0l(m): 10:05am On Sep 23, 2022
Rubbish. When you go to Rome, you behave like the Romans. Why ask somekne to obey the laws of your country when the person isnt in your country?
lhordspy:
Just another plot to put the iranian in a bad light to the world. But the Iranian president is no coward like our African leaders that licks the feet of the Europeans.

Amanpour knows the iranian president so well, she knows he will never accept to that, so why schedule an interview with him when you know you can't dress according to the president's religious doctrine.

It was definitely planned either for clout-chasing, cheap attention seeking, or portraying the already battered image of the iranian president or iranians in general in a bad way right in the face of the world.

Thank God, Jesus wasnt around this time. This present day propaganda dishing set of medias would have made us believe he is bad just because he wont do to their bidding.

I think CNN, BBC and other european maintstream media are the problem of this world.

)l) km
Modified : For everyone quoting me and coming right at me. We Nigerians are just usually unnecessarily emotional about religious sentimentalism. We are blind by religious sentiment, it doesnt even matter even if we are to be packed like chickens inside a single bus, or be reffer to as a third-world country. As far as our colonizers are christians, and we are too.. We dont give a damn about what they do to us and how they treat us.

For goodness sake, can't you see behind your religion blindness that this was planned by CNN and Amanpour incojunction with the US to put the iranian president in a bad light in the face of the world.? You guys dont know how dirty foreign politics can get. You think it is by peter obi vs tinubu type of gbas gbos Nigeria childish politics we play here. Foreign Politics is filthy, they will always tend to want to bring you down in one way or the other.

He knows their plan.. He stood his ground, he is not a coward like our african leaders that can be bully into submission. He should get a statue, he is a man after my heart, just next to vladmir Putin.
Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by lhordspy: 10:05am On Sep 23, 2022
7arrows:

Did u even read very well please do. She said she has interviewed many presidents and not one has asked her to cover her hair outside Iran. Shes not ignorant of the law. So before u start talking pls read well.

Oh my goodness. What is wrong with you people?

This is not a law but a doctrine... She wants the interview, she should abide by it for that moment.
Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by imam07: 10:05am On Sep 23, 2022
fiizznation:
Why schedule an interview with him when you know you won't put on a scarf? To score cheap political point or what? Just listen to the woman's defence? Talking as if the man forced her to wear a scarf.

Don't know why this crazy people derive some kind of joy in tarnishing the image of Islam and Muslims in general. Must you interview him without a scarf? If he isn't going to be comfortable with you interviewing him with your hair opened, why persist in the first place?

I don't know what hijab did to some people. Is just a piece of cloth. Doesn't bite anybody. So why the noise about something that you won't wear and nobody is forcing you to wear it
are u human at all? Or u find it difficult to understand the post. Why will u dictate dressing code to someone in someone else soul. Abi u are out of your mind.
Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by imam07: 10:07am On Sep 23, 2022
fiizznation:

You are reasoning upside down.
Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by imam07: 10:08am On Sep 23, 2022
fiizznation:
Hey boy watch your word. I don't usually fancy silly comments from ignorant people around here.
then you stop being foolish with your post.
Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by Flamemignon1(m): 10:08am On Sep 23, 2022
Beverlyjean:

The middle ages thrived better... now kids are disrespectful, they carry guns to kill other kids in schools ...kids now have rights to change their sex , the nuclear family system is gradually dying...people now celebrate divorce like they won a lottery ... these things don't happen easily in Islam
And you want people to live unhappily?
Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by Idaytesj29(m): 10:09am On Sep 23, 2022
hisexcellency34:
Nice one Amanpour. To he'll with the head slammer

Can you say to his face coward? You go hide behind a useless damaged itel phone, dey heat up the polity. Go get a life. If them dey headslam, you get your own wey you dey do from clapping to bowing before the Mary statue etc which does not makes sense to others whose religious views differs from yours.
Respect divergent views and faiths, stop encouraging religious hatred and rancour.
Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by BigBen23(m): 10:09am On Sep 23, 2022
I believe you didn't read the full content of the article. If this interview was meant to take place in Iran, just as she had been doing no one would remind her of wearing a scarf. She doesn't believe in his doctrine so why forcing it on her in her own land?
The interview centered on the correction of what that doctrine has caused the Iraians. No freedom to express themself. They literally live a remote life in this century.
Thumps up to Christaine Amaphour for standing tall irrespective of who's involved.
Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by Agboriotejoye(m): 10:09am On Sep 23, 2022
Beverlyjean:

But they force their beliefs on kids ...its an agenda....its just a matter of time
Let's assume they actually force their beliefs on kids. You are clearly against that.
Why then do you support the Iran president forcing his belief on an adult?
Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by ufuosman(m): 10:11am On Sep 23, 2022
Kudos to her
Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by Originalsly: 10:11am On Sep 23, 2022
osazsky:

u cant force ur religion on orthers...she is achristain..cheistains dont cover their hair..maybe the irranian presidend thought amapour was his wife...y did amapour not tell the stupid president to remove his cap cuz chrustain men dont wear cap in places of worship..the day muslims learn to tolorate orther religion ,the world will have peace

I'm lost. Is this the explanation? ... how she is protecting the women?
Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by Decent09(m): 10:12am On Sep 23, 2022
God1000:
This is serious, so Iran's President didn't realize that he's in America for now.

I support Christiane Amanpour on this, I'm sure she will wear it if she travels to Iran for this interview, but this is USA na.

We've seen western female journalists covering their heads in the middle East because it is necessary to do so over there.

Again this is coming when women across Iran are protesting against the death of a 22 year old woman in the custody of morality police and with dozens of protesters killed already.

He only wants to practice his religion.

Unfortunately, Amanpour is not ready to copy Mary the Mother of Jesus Christ, meaning she is not ready to practice her proclaimed religion, which is Christianity.
Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by Agboriotejoye(m): 10:12am On Sep 23, 2022
blinking001:

Islam brings with it order in a society. If that is what Nigeria needs so be it
Like the order in Afghanistan abi
It's obvious you guys enjoy being terrorists

1 Like

Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by Idaytesj29(m): 10:12am On Sep 23, 2022
imam07:
are u human at all? Or u find it difficult to understand the post. Why will u dictate dressing code to someone in someone else soul. Abi u are out of your mind.

This calls for no argument, Iranian president declined the interview and amanpour declined the to wear it. Each goes their separate ways. No case!
Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by imam07: 10:14am On Sep 23, 2022
Beverlyjean:
U called for an interview and he accepted and u want it on ur own terms , instead of his.. I will not blame the president...there's a tough situation in his country now concerning the hijab and CNN and Western media as usual wanna make it sensational... the women in his country are protesting and u want to interview him without a hijab so that the protest will now get out of control....Western media and manipulation
I swear u be idiot. Why will u be forcing someone else in another country to wear ijab. If u want to be slave to d Arabs. Go there nah. Is this not is causing bloody protest in Iran. Many Iranian have removed d ijab and here in US soil, u want to dictate someone else dressing code. You should be out of your mind
Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by VULCAN(m): 10:14am On Sep 23, 2022
It's clear that you are more interested in talking than in listening.

IF you had bothered to even glance through the article you wouldn't have written half of the stuff you did.

I disdain people that write long epistles based just on a headline on Nairaland. It's mental laziness to go from reading headline to writing a long response.

A sensible person will read the write-up and only then write a response

The President was running late and THEN he sends a last minute message that she should cover her hair.

She is not in Iran, she is in America.

He has no right to ask her to wear headscarf in the US.

The headscarf law stands in Iran but you can't enforce that elsewhere.

lhordspy:

Modified : For everyone quoting me and coming right at me. We Nigerians are just usually unnecessarily emotional about religious sentimentalism. We are blind by religious sentiment, it doesnt even matter even if we are to be packed like a chicken inside a single bus, or be reffered to as a third-world country. As far as our colonizers are christians, and we are too.. We dont give a damn about what they do to us and how they treat us.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (16) (Reply)

Jerusalem: ''to Know Who The 45th US President Is, Read Isaiah 45'' - FFK / Taliban Fighters Killed & Captured After Afghan Militias Seize 3 Districts / SCREENSHOT. Rev Reinhard Bonnkie Speaks On Homosexuality.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.