Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,466 members, 7,816,090 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:09 AM

Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf - Foreign Affairs (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf (67724 Views)

SA President Cyril Ramaphosa Wears Palestinian Scarf, Pledges Solidarity (PICS) / Nothing Will Be Left Of Israel If It Acts Against Iran – President Raisi / Donald Trump Warns Hassan Rouhani, Iran President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by BIDOO(m): 9:41am On Sep 23, 2022
fiizznation:
Why schedule an interview with him when you know you won't put on a scarf? To score cheap political point or what? Just listen to the woman's defence? Talking as if the man forced her to wear a scarf.

Don't know why this crazy people derive some kind of joy in tarnishing the image of Islam and Muslims in general. Must you interview him without a scarf? If he isn't going to be comfortable with you interviewing him with your hair opened, why persist in the first place?

I don't know what hijab did to some people. Is just a piece of cloth. Doesn't bite anybody. So why the noise about something that you won't wear and nobody is forcing you to wear it

Let do it this way, assuming I called you to assist me in my business, on getting to my office, you make a demand that before you can assist me, I would need to vacate my business premises because it did not befit your standard even when you know quite well I request for your service on that basis!

Always reason with your sense in a situation like this! Don't allow religiousity to becloud your sense of reasoning!

1 Like

Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by mastermaestro(m): 9:41am On Sep 23, 2022
God1000:
He's attending United Nations general assembly meeting in new York

Oga stop replying illiterates who have no idea what's happening around the globe. See the way he jumped in, exactly the same way he would spew gibberish from his poorly informed mind.

This is why I hardly argue on Nairaland. Ignorance and foolishness dominate this forum. grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by EMIOMOADEOYE: 9:41am On Sep 23, 2022
lhordspy:
Just another plot to put the iranian in a bad light to the world. But the Iranian president is no coward like our African leaders that licks the feet of the Europeans.

Amanpour knows the iranian president so well, she knows he will never accept to that, so why shedule an interview with him when you know you can't dress according to the president religious doctrine.

It is definitely planned either for clout-chasing, cheap attention seeking, or portraying the already battered image of the iranian president or iranians in general in the face of the world.

Thank God, Jesus wasnt around this time. This present day propaganda set of medias would have make us believe he is bad just because he wont do to their bidding.

I think CNN, BBC and other european maintstream media are the problem of this world.

Modified : For everyone quoting me and coming right at me. We Nigerians are just usually unnecessarily emotional about religious sentimentalism. We are blind by religious sentiment, it doesnt even matter even if we are to be packed like a chicken inside a single bus, or be reffered to as a third-world country. As far as our colonizers are christians, and we are too.. We dont give a damn about what they do to us and how they treat us.

For goodness sake, can't you see behind your religion blindness that this was planned by CNN and Amanpour incojunction with the US to put the iranian president in a bad light in the face of the world.? You guys dont know how dirty foreign politics can get. You think it is by peter obi vs tinubu type of gbas gbos Nigeria childish politics we play here. Foreign Politics is filthy, they will always tend to want to bring you down in one way or the other

He knows their plan.. He stood his ground, he is not a coward like our african leader that can be bullied into submission. He should get a statue, he is a man after my heart, just next to vladmir Putin.

Well, I think it was out of place to make those demands on American soil. There is no evidence to support the fact that it was planned.

You are a guest in a person's home. You cannot dictate how you are to be received. You either live with what you get or you walk away like he chose to do.

Period. There's no sentimentality here.

At a time where Iran is charged over related issues, I think the Iranian Presidents actions here where ill advised

1 Like

Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by juman(m): 9:41am On Sep 23, 2022
She is Iranian.
Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by ictplotter(m): 9:42am On Sep 23, 2022
advanceDNA:
Islam and making women inferior to men na 5&6
The Christianity that hav be westernized and make women naked public before men is superior.
Kindly read 2nd Corinthians 14 vs 34-35 if women ar not restricted to not speak or open their hair in the congregation.
Christians ar the only people who Christianity by physical but western doctrine by faith and attitude.
Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by babajero(m): 9:42am On Sep 23, 2022
fiizznation:
Why schedule an interview with him when you know you won't put on a scarf? To score cheap political point or what? Just listen to the woman's defence? Talking as if the man forced her to wear a scarf.

Don't know why this crazy people derive some kind of joy in tarnishing the image of Islam and Muslims in general. Must you interview him without a scarf? If he isn't going to be comfortable with you interviewing him with your hair opened, why persist in the first place?

I don't know what hijab did to some people. Is just a piece of cloth. Doesn't bite anybody. So why the noise about something that you won't wear and nobody is forcing you to wear it

Can you please tell me what is causing the protests and killings happening in Iran right now?
Islam is tarnishing its own image by itself with the help of foolish Muslims like the Iran president and other terrorists, eg the killing of a student in the north by fellow students while being encouraged by mad men who call themselves Islamic scholars. To be sincere with you, Islam have no image to tarnish.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by Oluwaseunomo: 9:42am On Sep 23, 2022
Agboriotejoye:

You're thinking like a terrorist
How would it sound of Nigerian president insists a French journalist must tie gele before she can interview him in Paris
Bros nobody is obliged to grant any useless interview likewise if she can't tie the head tie the interview is not important to her then she should move on with her fucking life. It's clear the Iran guy don't need her and her useless cnn interview so you Africans should stop using panadol for another person's headache.
Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by Boyooosa(m): 9:43am On Sep 23, 2022
lhordspy:
Just another plot to put the iranian in a bad light to the world. But the Iranian president is no coward like our African leaders that licks the feet of the Europeans.

Amanpour knows the iranian president so well, she knows he will never accept to that, so why shedule an interview with him when you know you can't dress according to the president religious doctrine.

It is definitely planned either for clout-chasing, cheap attention seeking, or portraying the already battered image of the iranian president or iranians in general in the face of the world.

Thank God, Jesus wasnt around this time. This present day propaganda set of medias would have make us believe he is bad just because he wont do to their bidding.

I think CNN, BBC and other european maintstream media are the problem of this world.

Modified : For everyone quoting me and coming right at me. We Nigerians are just usually unnecessarily emotional about religious sentimentalism. We are blind by religious sentiment, it doesnt even matter even if we are to be packed like a chicken inside a single bus, or be reffered to as a third-world country. As far as our colonizers are christians, and we are too.. We dont give a damn about what they do to us and how they treat us.

For goodness sake, can't you see behind your religion blindness that this was planned by CNN and Amanpour incojunction with the US to put the iranian president in a bad light in the face of the world.? You guys dont know how dirty foreign politics can get. You think it is by peter obi vs tinubu type of gbas gbos Nigeria childish politics we play here. Foreign Politics is filthy, they will always tend to want to bring you down in one way or the other

He knows their plan.. He stood his ground, he is not a coward like our african leader that can be bullied into submission. He should get a statue, he is a man after my heart, just next to vladmir Putin.

I got you with ur last point, I can't convince you not to be bias already.

Just ask yourself, why do you need to give an interviewer a dress code in another man's land?
Why do you need to do that?
Why do you need to impose the rules you use on your kids, on the kids of your friend in their own house?

Well, Amanpour claimed that she has interviewed virtually all the Iranian president since 1995 and none requested for scarf before granting interview. She actually interviewed them without scarf, so why must that be a problem for him?
Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by damosky12(m): 9:43am On Sep 23, 2022
lhordspy:

It's very painful we africans won't see the light. We are just blind my religious sentimentalism.

Cant you see clearly it was a trap by CNN to justify their hate against the iranian government??. The president knows this, and he still stood on is doctrine. He is a king

Literally, you're the one being blinded by religious sentiments. What the heck is the obsession with having another woman (not from your country or religion) to wear scarf? That was a global stage interview man! Not some local press in Iran.

Did you follow up the story? Read on the dastardly crimes the Iranian government committed against women who refused to wear scarf. How does not wearing scaff warrant execution? Now the same man would snub a foreign press official for not wearing scaff...

If you aren't blinded by Islam, it's obvious that the Iranian President is unreasonable!

2 Likes

Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by Beverlyjean(f): 9:43am On Sep 23, 2022
Patriotsleague:

Iran is a terrorist state. They killed a woman recently just because she didn't wear an headscarf and he has the affrontery to ask her to wear an hijab?

The world does not revolve around you and your head slamming religion. We have thousands of religions in this world, why is Islam always associated with oppression, extremism and terrorism?

I am a Christian with brains that function... oh , now its a terrorist country because a woman died ...but America that their police kill their citizens daily and invade other countries to kill their leaders is not a terrorist country... lol
Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by 7arrows: 9:43am On Sep 23, 2022
lhordspy:

Amanpour knows the iranian president so well, she knows he will never accept to that, so why schedule an interview with him when you know you can't dress according to the president's religious doctrine.

It was definitely planned either for clout-chasing, cheap attention seeking, or portraying the already battered image of the iranian president or iranians in general in the face of the world.

Thank God, Jesus wasnt around this time. This present day propaganda dishing set of medias would have made us believe he is bad just because he wont do to their bidding.

Did u even read very well please do. She said she has interviewed many presidents and not one has asked her to cover her hair outside Iran. Shes not ignorant of the law. So before u start talking pls read well.
Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by SIRTee15: 9:44am On Sep 23, 2022
Beverlyjean:

I read the news yesterday... I understood every situation and I still stand by the Iranian president...Amanpour is trying to play smart ... there is a situation in his country right now concerning this same Hijab ...and u want to interview him concerning the same Hijab without wearing one ...dont forget that CNN called for the interview and not the president... if they were not having the protests presently , he wudnt mind if u wear a Hijab or not to interview him...

Iranian President is not smart. Nobody cared about the CNN interview until the issue of amanpour wearing hijab came up.
Now global spotlight will be on the ongoing protest in Iran where a woman was killed in police custody for not wearing hijab. Everybody will know about it and the negative impression of hijab as a tool of oppression will be globally reinforced.

3 Likes

Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by OSUigboFlatHead(f): 9:44am On Sep 23, 2022
advanceDNA:

ur IQ is that of a four year old..... God made us different don't make one better or superior than the other..... we all have our roles in nature...and one cannot do the others' job....

So Becos God sent male prophet... to u that means he made women inferior..so being a prophet is the standard of measuring superiroty and inferiority in life.??......
.did u acquire this your stúpidity level of reasoning here on earth or na follow come? cos im sure God cant make someone this dáft adding 1+2 to make 235

If you think you are superior to women can u carry children for 9 months and birth them in excruciating pain..., take them to school, and still go to your own job to close by 6pm?? , cook for man, wash his clothes and clean the home everyday..?? ..so what makes u superior....because of penis.??

You're a bornf. o ol! And I'm sure you inherited this traits from your parents...

You don't even have any iq so there's nothing i can compare you with.
How can someone be this SENSELESS?

This is the same foolishness and delusional mentality that keeps making you people frustrated.
If your didn't create men superior, WHY DID HE MAKE MEN STRONGER, BIOLOGICALLY/ANATOMICALLY?
WHY DID HE SAY HE MADE MEN THE "HEAD"?
WHY DID HE SAY WOMEN SHOULD SUBMIT TO MEN?
Since you don't have SENSE, it's possible you don't know the meaning of head?
Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by Oluwaseunomo: 9:45am On Sep 23, 2022
StrongAlphMale:

This one must be a Yoruba Muslim. You think the northern Muslims sees you as a real Muslim?
It's obvious you're a retarded ibo bastard i won't engage you anymore.
Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by 7arrows: 9:45am On Sep 23, 2022
Minjim:
Iranians are protesting against wearing headscarf and you want someone in NY to wear?

You must be on some Snoopdog weed

Weed and tramadol.
Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by Moneyboyz: 9:45am On Sep 23, 2022
I guess he will get a hard on while watching her hair.

Stupid set of people.
Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by Patriotsleague: 9:46am On Sep 23, 2022
Beverlyjean:

I am a Christian with brains that function... oh , now its a terrorist country because a woman died ...but America that their police kill their citizens daily and invade other countries to kill their leaders is not a terrorist country... lol
Fck you, we are talking about basic freedoms, America and thier police is a different story fool. Do you want terrorist to come force you to become Muslim or kill you?

This is the aim of extremist Islam, that everyone become Muslim and be like them, but that won't happen, they will only keep destroying their sons, themselves and their regions will be Warfields.

3 Likes

Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by damosky12(m): 9:47am On Sep 23, 2022
Beverlyjean:

The conversation isn't with me.

But see, two wrongs don't make a right. You can condemn Iran for human right abuses just as you would condemn USA .

Don't absolve one wrong for the other.

These Islamic regimes literally behead people of contrary convictions on a regular basis. Don't downplay it for any reason.

1 Like

Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by linearity: 9:47am On Sep 23, 2022
lhordspy:

You clearly did not read the details.

This was not part of the original plan when the interview was been scheduled and worked out.

The Iranian was terribly late to the interview, and he arrived he sent his subordinate to go ask her to wear a scarf and she refused.

He wanted to use her as a prop to the current protest taking place in Iran where a lady died in Police custody over loosely wearing her scarf.

If she is in the Middle East, she can wear scarf or if this has been brought up when scheduling the interview that would have been a different.

Respect of a person or religion is both way. Demanding that others do your bidding is not respect.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by jclassiq(m): 9:47am On Sep 23, 2022
These people are nothing but extremists. This is outrageous.
Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by SIRTee15: 9:47am On Sep 23, 2022
Originalsly:

Is it a requirement to wear the hijab in the US? No. She has the right to not wear it. Is it a requirement for him to give her the interview? No. He has the right to not show up. Is it he who wanted the interview?... or is it she? She. So who is the loser? She shot herself in the foot. She craved for the opportunity to be the first to interview an Iranian President on American soil and lost it because she refused to wear a scarf.

There is a time and place for everything.

If she wanted to show support for the Iranian women protesting against the wearing of hijab ... this was not the time nor the place for her to do it.

Na cave u dey live. Christine Amanpour has interviewed former Iranian Presidents on USA soil without wearing any head scarf. This one is just trying to score cheap political point based on what's going on in Iran.

2 Likes

Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by torqque7(m): 9:47am On Sep 23, 2022
lhordspy:

Amanpour knows the iranian president so well, she knows he will never accept to that, so why schedule an interview with him when you know you can't dress according to the president's religious doctrine.

It was definitely planned either for clout-chasing, cheap attention seeking, or portraying the already battered image of the iranian president or iranians in general in the face of the world.

Thank God, Jesus wasnt around this time. This present day propaganda dishing set of medias would have made us believe he is bad just because he wont do to their bidding.

I am surely not surprised because every normal thinking person will see things differently from your angle,so I was wondering why you see things they way you do and then I found my answer in your comment. Anyone who is still a fan of a mad man like Putin with every thing happening so far is obviously not Ok. I use to love and respect him too until his actions in Ukraine. God will help you.

2 Likes

Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by Beverlyjean(f): 9:48am On Sep 23, 2022
Flamemignon1:

Some of you women keep adding to your own misogyny,did you even read the article? It was a last minute request before the interview started

But it changed when the issue in his country arose ... Islam is not like Christianity... if Christianity were are rigid as Islam, the world will b a better place... absolute freedom destroys the moral and decent fabric of the society ... from no hijab , to free sex , to abortions , to single mothers , to broken homes, to unreliable kids that will finally lead to the destruction of their country
Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by Igbojew: 9:48am On Sep 23, 2022
JUHABACH:
I see some ignorant people are talking nonsense as usual.

I 110% support Amanpour on this. You can't come to someone's country and start dictating your own standards to them

This is not the first Iranian President she will be interviewing. The Man clearly was trying to score cheap political points for his brothers at home. Happy that she stood her ground.

https://youtu.be/_uZXXgm4cv8
Exactly my thought,he want to use Amampour to score political point in Iran so that he will have reason to kill the protesting women in his country for protesting against Hijab wearing when a popular America woman called Amampour can wear the Hijab in her home country USA............I am that Igbojew

3 Likes

Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by advanceDNA: 9:49am On Sep 23, 2022
ictplotter:

The Christianity that hav be westernized and make women naked public before men is superior.
Kindly read 2nd Corinthians 14 vs 34-35 if women ar not restricted to not speak or open their hair in the congregation.
Christians ar the only people who Christianity by physical but western doctrine by faith and attitude.

Make women naked?? How did Christianity make women naked.....?? Please explain?? Did u read that in the bible??

U muslims .....is that your religion makes weird..?? Or u just deliberately like to talk out of fact
..there are state laws....there is christian faith....there is no country ruled by biblical doctrines in the world.......democracy allows liberty according to democratic laws.... please talk like u go school

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by StrongAlphMale: 9:49am On Sep 23, 2022
Oluwaseunomo:

It's obvious you're a retarded ibo bastard i won't engage you anymore.

Yoruba Muslim f00l.

The moment anyone points the truth to you Yoruba Muslim pigs, he suddenly becomes an igbo. Mumu you think Edos are the same as igbos. Ozour. Keep displaying your stupidity everywhere you think the northern Muslims sees you as a real Muslim?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by Flamemignon1(m): 9:49am On Sep 23, 2022
Beverlyjean:

But it changed when the issue in his country arose ... Islam is not like Christianity... if Christianity were are rigid as Islam, the world will b a better place... absolute freedom destroys the moral and decent fabric of the society ... from no hijab , to free sex , to abortions , to single mothers , to broken homes, to unreliable kids that will finally lead to the destruction of their country
I think the middle ages suit some people

1 Like

Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by Beverlyjean(f): 9:49am On Sep 23, 2022
damosky12:

The conversation isn't with me.

But see, two wrongs don't make a right. You can condemn Iran for human right abuses just as you would condemn USA .

Don't absolve one wrong for the other.

These Islamic regimes literally behead people of contrary convictions on a regular basis. Don't downplay it for any reason.

American also execute citizens for crimes... in America u can go to prison for rejecting gay rights
Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by nimash: 9:51am On Sep 23, 2022
lhordspy:

It was definitely planned either for clout-chasing, cheap attention seeking, or portraying the already battered image of the iranian president or iranians in general in a bad way right in the face of the world.

For goodness sake, can't you see behind your religion blindness that this was planned by CNN and Amanpour incojunction with the US to put the iranian president in a bad light in the face of the world.? You guys dont know how dirty foreign politics can get. You think it is by peter obi vs tinubu type of gbas gbos Nigeria childish politics we play here. Foreign Politics is filthy, they will always tend to want to bring you down in one way or the other.

He knows their plan.. He stood his ground, he is not a coward like our african leaders that can be bully into submission. He should get a statue, he is a man after my heart, just next to vladmir Putin.
just like buhari that dnt give women handshake here in Nigeria, but shakes white while in Europe
Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by Beverlyjean(f): 9:52am On Sep 23, 2022
Flamemignon1:

I think the middle ages suit some people

The middle ages thrived better... now kids are disrespectful, they carry guns to kill other kids in schools ...kids now have rights to change their sex , the nuclear family system is gradually dying...people now celebrate divorce like they won a lottery ... these things don't happen easily in Islam
Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by Beverlyjean(f): 9:53am On Sep 23, 2022
Patriotsleague:

Fck you, we are talking about basic freedoms, America and thier police is a different story fool. Do you want terrorist to come force you to become Muslim or kill you?

This is the aim of extremist Islam, that everyone become Muslim and be like them, but that won't happen, they will only keep destroying their sons, themselves and their regions will be Warfields.

Rule 2

Mynd44, Dominique,
Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by jagjag: 9:54am On Sep 23, 2022
lhordspy:

It was definitely planned either for clout-chasing, cheap attention seeking, or portraying the already battered image of the iranian president or iranians in general in a bad way right in the face of the world.

For goodness sake, can't you see behind your religion blindness that this was planned by CNN and Amanpour incojunction with the US to put the iranian president in a bad light in the face of the world.? You guys dont know how dirty foreign politics can get. You think it is by peter obi vs tinubu type of gbas gbos Nigeria childish politics we play here. Foreign Politics is filthy, they will always tend to want to bring you down in one way or the other.

He knows their plan.. He stood his ground, he is not a coward like our african leaders that can be bully into submission. He should get a statue, he is a man after my heart, just next to vladmir Putin.

You lack sense alot, why is the Iranian President not respecting her own religion too. Must the religion of Iranian President only be respected? You are just a fool with not future direction

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply)

Taliban Fighters Killed & Captured After Afghan Militias Seize 3 Districts / SCREENSHOT. Rev Reinhard Bonnkie Speaks On Homosexuality. / Russia - Ukraine War In Pictures, From The Frontlines (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.