Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,498 members, 7,816,187 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:16 AM

FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures (33519 Views)

Letter Ordering VCs To Reopen Universities / ASUU Strike: Committee Of VCs Recommend ₦800,000 For Profs, To Resolve Deadlock / IPPIS: Some VCs Collected N58,000 As February Salary – ASUU (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by olatade(m): 12:40pm On Sep 26, 2022
The universities were never closed. So this order won't make any difference.
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by Conner44: 12:42pm On Sep 26, 2022
Hndrrxxx:
STFU!! The lecturers embarking on the two months strike action as you suggested meant the FG will continue to hold their salaries so they are at loss nobody cares if they want to continue

Mugu, haven’t the lecturers been losing all this while? 8 months now they have been losing their salaries, what makes you think an extra month or two will make things different? undecided

Or you want them to bow to the federal government now and call of the strike only for them to resume another strike by January? Why can’t the government settle ASUU once and for all so that this issue of strikes will become a thing of the past?

I asked you how old you were again? If you’re a student then make the sacrifice for ASUU to get settled and remain at home so that you won’t encounter any other strikes till you graduate.

That’s if you’re in university oh, because you type like a teenager in secondary school who his mother dashed phone undecided

2 Likes

Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by Ebubu: 12:43pm On Sep 26, 2022
olatade:
sorry oh! no go teach! when your mates receive october salary, while you strike into christmas. i go see how you go take buy christmas rice chop.
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by HolyPussy: 12:43pm On Sep 26, 2022
Brendaniel:
This your statement ASUU can never be stronger than FG is why the country is where it is today, till the government begins to fear the will of the people then they will continue to get away with rubbish, ask yourself a question, with the number of police extortion daily how many have been sacked compared to the ones that have not been sacked and did the ones sacked stop the others from extorting Nigerians, the current FG will even be very happy that they are extorting the students to lift the burden of any demand of payment of salaries or any of such, that is why the police will be very hard to reform, you can't reform the police without increasing their pay, the FG knows this, that is why they are avoiding it to push the burden back to the citizens and the citizens are suffering for it...

Why should the government fear you when you have chosen to be senseless?

ASUU should not know that there is a limit to all battles.

If ASUU wants to demand for pay increase, they should quietly do so without shutting down the entire universities nationwide.

That's not only senseless but also heartless.
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by chatinent: 12:43pm On Sep 26, 2022
You dey owe. You no gree pay. You say make dem resume. Are you mistakenly mad?
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by Fuckyoumod: 12:45pm On Sep 26, 2022
ikorodureporta:
Na people wey dem owe won lecture there ??
no food for lazy man (ASUU). Nobody is owing ASUU, it is ASUU that is owing our students.

They must return to the classroom ASAP!

If you want the salary of a politician resign and join politics.
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by sultan003(m): 12:46pm On Sep 26, 2022
Pierce008:

Do you think, it's all lecturers that are in support of the strike? Spoke with one of my prof. one time, and he actually told me that there are some lecturers that are bitterly against the strike.

One thing I learnt from this strike is, if ever ASUU survive this battle against the FG, they will never easily want to use strike as a medium to table their aggrievances again

Both ASUU and FG have shown they are insensitive against the students with their unending disagreements.

Tell your prof to go and lecture simple... it is not by force to join union

The same prof will still apply for tetfund NRF that ASUU fought for
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by sultan003(m): 12:49pm On Sep 26, 2022
Ebubu:
sorry oh! no go teach! when your mates receive october salary, while you strike into christmas. i go see how you go take buy christmas rice chop.

Heheheheheh!!

Those wey dey teach since feb 14, FG never pay them ooo, SSANU and the rest wey call off since august, FG never pay them, what makes you think october salary will come?

1 Like

Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by Hndrrxxx(m): 12:49pm On Sep 26, 2022
Conner44:

Mugu, haven’t the lecturers been losing all this while? 8 months now they have been losing their salaries, what makes you think an extra month or two will make things different? undecided

Or you want them to bow to the federal government now and call of the strike only for them to resume another strike by January? Why can’t the government settle ASUU once and for all so that this issue of strikes will become a thing of the past?

I asked you how old you were again? If you’re a student then make the sacrifice for ASUU to get settled and remain at home so that you won’t encounter any other strikes till you graduate.

That’s if you’re in university oh, because you type like a teenager in secondary school who his mother dashed phone undecided
shut your damn mouth ‘fore you dropped, nigga
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by sultan003(m): 12:49pm On Sep 26, 2022
olatade:

True
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by Brendaniel: 12:50pm On Sep 26, 2022
HolyPussy:

Why should the government fear you when you have chosen to be senseless?

ASUU should not know that there is a limit to all battles.

If ASUU wants to demand for pay increase, they should quietly do so without shutting down the entire universities nationwide.

That's not only senseless but also heartless.

Can you please explain what you mean by quietly?
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by Conner44: 12:50pm On Sep 26, 2022
Hndrrxxx:
shut your damn mouth ‘fore you dropped, nigga

He he he grin

Mugu tongue
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by naikeboy(m): 12:53pm On Sep 26, 2022
Ebubu:
from the way you write, i already know you are not a lecturer. Be informed any lecturer who does not resume will be taken to court.
Ok ooo. This one is by force resumption. If the lecturers resumes and go there to gist football talks and other frivolities without teaching what them did FG achieve. Fgs approach to this strike is insensitive and foolish. The students are at the receiving end. U don't force people to resume work
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by Aguiyimba(m): 12:54pm On Sep 26, 2022
Spirit04:
Only Buhari has had the mind to deal with the terrorist group called ASUU. Una don dey strike since the time of Obasanjo. Una no get shame?

Do you want them to work without payment? Wickedness in the blood.
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by Winningbot: 12:54pm On Sep 26, 2022
Ebubu:
good one

ASUU should resume lectures

Likewise, negotiations should keep going on simultaneously with FG.

To the victory of Nigeria

IPOB supporters and Peter Obi supporters are wishing the strike don’t end till next year hoping it’ll vote APC out.

God has shamed you all enemies of Nigeria.
guy you're an idiott
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by Ebubu: 12:54pm On Sep 26, 2022
sultan003:

Heheheheheh!!

Those wey dey teach since feb 14, FG never pay them ooo, SSANU and the rest wey call off since august, FG never pay them, what makes you think october salary will come?

don’t forget that NASU that suppose prepare the salary payroll for the month of August were also on strike till 24th August and every month salary payroll must be prepared and submitted to accountant general office on 10th of that month.

what this means if nasu who are responsible for audit, will audit and send to AG on 10th september and be paid for September salary ending this month.
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by Ebubu: 12:54pm On Sep 26, 2022
Winningbot:
guy my mother is such an idiott
read what you wrote again. amen.
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by Fxwarrior: 12:55pm On Sep 26, 2022
Ebubu:
good one

IPOB supporters and Peter Obi supporters are wishing the strike don’t end till next year hoping it’ll vote APC out.

What did they achieve for them to reopen?

Why then did they close the school in the first place

For how long will this continue in the history of Nigeria?
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by Ebubu: 12:55pm On Sep 26, 2022
naikeboy:

Ok ooo. This one is by force resumption. If the lecturers resumes and go there to gist football talks and other frivolities without teaching what them did FG achieve. Fgs approach to this strike is insensitive and foolish. The students are at the receiving end. U don't force people to resume work
students kukuma read handouts. they are used to lecturers not teaching since independence. no difference
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by Winningbot: 12:55pm On Sep 26, 2022
Ebubu:
read what you wrote again. amen.
thunder kill your father there fool
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by Ebubu: 12:56pm On Sep 26, 2022
Fxwarrior:

What did they achieve for them to reopen?

Why then did they close the school in the first place

For how long will this continue in the history of Nigeria?

court ordered ASUU to resume. respect court injunctions oga.
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by Ebubu: 12:56pm On Sep 26, 2022
Winningbot:
thunder kill my father there fool
amen to your prayers. read wat u wrote again. amen
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by HolyPussy: 12:56pm On Sep 26, 2022
Brendaniel:
Can you please explain what you mean by quietly?

Let their negotiation team continue negotiating with the government or take the government to court while academic activities continue.

Sadly, at the end of the day, this is exactly the same thing the court has asked them do.
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by sultan003(m): 12:56pm On Sep 26, 2022
Ebubu:

don’t forget that NASU that suppose prepare the salary payroll for the month of August were also on strike till 24th August and every month salary payroll must be prepared and submitted to accountant general office on 10th of that month.

what this means if nasu who are responsible for audit, will audit and send to AG on 10th september and be paid for September salary ending this month.

So why are they complaining one month after they called off?

Are you aware that they don't even go to work?

For the audit matter, well make i no talk
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by TenQ: 12:57pm On Sep 26, 2022
Jman06:
Nice one. But don't forget to do the needful by continuing negotiation with ASUU, reaching a workable agreement and implementing same.

Can the FG control what and how the lecturers will teach the students?
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by Yoighaman(m): 12:57pm On Sep 26, 2022
VCs should re-open schools, and students would be teaching themselves?

Sometimes I wonder how this government reasons.
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by TenQ: 12:57pm On Sep 26, 2022
Ebubu:
good one

Can the FG control what and how the lecturers will teach the students?

Why didn't the FG negotiate before it got this far?
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by TenQ: 12:59pm On Sep 26, 2022
Ebubu:

yes. VCs should resume academic activities and lecturers should resume teaching please.

and I beckon on FG to also continue negotiations with ASUU diligently while ASUU are teaching.

If I'm a Lecturer, I will crack jokes upon jokes in class. I will use the students as a platform to burst into my comedian occupation!

Evil government!
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by Edithspecials: 1:00pm On Sep 26, 2022
Election fever abi campaign fever ni
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by Ebubu: 1:00pm On Sep 26, 2022
sultan003:

So why are they complaining one month after they called off?

Are you aware that they don't even go to work?

For the audit matter, well make i no talk

NASU will receive salary before the month ends
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by Ebubu: 1:02pm On Sep 26, 2022
TenQ:

If I'm a Lecturer, I will crack jokes upon jokes in class. I will use the students as a platform to burst into my comedian occupation!

Evil government!
thank God you’re not a lecturer. Enemy of Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Can I Still Continue With This CGP Or Do I Give Up On Education? / Kwara Poly Students Protest Increase In Fees, Destroy Properties (pics) / Cynthia Okafor Is University Of Ibadan Best Pharmacy Graduating Student

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.