Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,332 members, 7,811,971 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:16 AM

Where Did The Satan In Christianity Come From? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where Did The Satan In Christianity Come From? (2176 Views)

Note: satan In Human form Is ruling a Country / Is Cousins Marriage In Christianity Forbidden? / How To Answer The Question "Where Did Jesus Say, 'I Am God, Worship Me''? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Did The Satan In Christianity Come From? by MrPRevailer(m): 10:41pm On Sep 29, 2022
Maynman:

read the whole chapter yourself and find out, it’s about Nebuchadnezzar II, the chapter didn’t start from verse 12.
Satan literally means adversary, even one of your deity angels was a satan(adversary) to baalam.

Lucifer is a greek translation of satan by jerome.
Morning star is not a person, you should read up on how early greek church fathers turned it to a figure.
The storyline has to be right, your deity is the protagonist and “satan” the antagonist.
Perfect movie grin

Goodluck with depending on globalist -controlled biased/propagandist mainstream media and Wikipedia to give you facts.

Revelation 22:16 I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.
Re: Where Did The Satan In Christianity Come From? by Maynman: 10:43pm On Sep 29, 2022
MrPRevailer:

Goodluck with depending on biased mainstream media and Wikipedia to give you facts.

Revelation 22:16 I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

Goodluck on basing your whole life on random books with UNKNOWN AUTHORS.

1 Like

Re: Where Did The Satan In Christianity Come From? by Maynman: 10:48pm On Sep 29, 2022
MrPRevailer:

Goodluck with depending on globalist -controlled biased/propagandist mainstream media and Wikipedia to give you facts.

Is Wikipedia also lying about other religion?
Or they just hate the israelite god, yahweh?
https://www.worldhistory.org/Yahweh/

Keep worshipping abrahamaic gods wink

Re: Where Did The Satan In Christianity Come From? by MrPRevailer(m): 10:49pm On Sep 29, 2022
Maynman:

Goodluck on basing your whole life on random books with UNKNOWN AUTHORS.

If you believe it's a random book, why are you trying to teach believers the bible?
Ok now it's obvious you are here to deceive people.
God is real. Hellfire is real. And the wicked will receive according to their wicked works. I pray you cease now and turn from your wickedness before it's late
Re: Where Did The Satan In Christianity Come From? by Maynman: 10:52pm On Sep 29, 2022
MrPRevailer:

If you believe it's a random book, why are you trying to teach believers the bible?
Ok now it's obvious you are here to deceive people.
God is real. Hellfire is real. And the wicked will receive according to their wicked works. I pray you cease now.

Bible means collection of books.
We have the chrestian bible called New Testament
We also have the jewish bible called tanakh. Which are you talking?

The early church fathers have brainwashed you, “hell” is an English word, did iesus chrestus speak English ?
Keep worshipping abrahamaic gods.

Talking about wickedness, have you seen the genocide your deity ordered in tanakh you people call Old Testament bwahahahah

Because i don’t worship your deity i am automatically wicked, you’re an extremist like muslims. If you had your way you’d have bombed me because I’m “wicked” lol

Re: Where Did The Satan In Christianity Come From? by MrPRevailer(m): 10:54pm On Sep 29, 2022
Maynman:

Is Wikipedia also lying about other religion?
Or they just hate the israelite god, yahweh?

Keep worshipping abrahamaic gods wink

Wikipedia is a secular library run by the leftist media.
It has censored alot of knowledge on medical cures, archeology, history etc.
If you were unplugged from the mainstream media matrix, you should have realised it. But you are happy were you are. A mentally ill man is always happy right?

I also suspect you use Google (censorship Chief-in-command) as your default search engine too
Re: Where Did The Satan In Christianity Come From? by Maynman: 10:56pm On Sep 29, 2022
Can you mention just ONE of the knowledge Wikipedia has censored, do you even understand what “Wikipedia” means?
Post just ONE they’ve censored or you are lying to defend your israelite deity?
Because you’re religious doesn’t mean you should be dumb.
MrPRevailer:

Wikipedia is a secular library run by the leftist media.
It has censored alot of knowledge on medical cures, archeology, history etc.
If you were unplugged from the mainstream media matrix, you should have realised it. But you are happy were you are. A mentally ill man is always happy right?

An ignorant person always wallow in his delusion.
World history is also lying about the israelite god?.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yahweh

Are mentally ill people around you always happy?

Re: Where Did The Satan In Christianity Come From? by MrPRevailer(m): 1:19pm On Sep 30, 2022
If Man as intelligent as he is can sacrifice his life to save his pet dog or cat,
If Man can begin to disfigure himself to look like aliens he is obsessed with.

Then God can also love man, that he became a man to save mankind. Because that's the only way to save mankind.
Re: Where Did The Satan In Christianity Come From? by Maynman: 1:51pm On Sep 30, 2022
MrPRevailer:
If Man as intelligent as he is can sacrifice his life to save his pet dog or cat,
If Man can begin to disfigure himself to look like aliens he is obsessed with.

Then God can also love man, that he became a man to save mankind. Because that's the only way to save mankind.

Re: Where Did The Satan In Christianity Come From? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:31pm On Sep 30, 2022
You said: “I will always be the Mistress, forever.” You did not take these things to heart; You did not consider how the matter would end. Isaiah 47:7

What has this got to do with God creating evil? undecided
Re: Where Did The Satan In Christianity Come From? by MaobiCarl(f): 8:46am On Oct 01, 2022
knowingChrist:
With due respect sir, what you're saying is very incorrect. You said "we're sure it was a literal snake that spoke to Eve" then went on to say Adam and Eve was deceived by this talking snake and I asked you who's this "we" who are sure that it was a snake? Simply because what you say contradict what's obtainable in the scriptures.

If this we is just you and your friends or your religious group then be bold enough to say it. I for a person do not subscribe to this ideology that there was a talking snake in Garden of Eden at least not by reading the bible. Maybe you found this myth in other books or from your religion but it's certainly not from the bible. And I have taken time to write this on here and even on many platforms like Quora and Twitter.

I'll glad if you can check them out or at least take some time to study the bible so you don't generalize your assumptions on everyone. God bless you.

And the snake spoke to eve!
Re: Where Did The Satan In Christianity Come From? by knowingChrist(m): 2:51pm On Oct 01, 2022
So you automatically assume that the snake is this person called Satan right?

MaobiCarl:

And the snake spoke to eve!

Re: Where Did The Satan In Christianity Come From? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:00pm On Oct 01, 2022
knowingChrist:

Most creatures has the sense of sight, hearing and making a sound but the ability to speak is a gift given to humans only. So out of all the creatures on planet earth only humans specie is expected to have a form of language because we do communicate.
In the spirit realms there is all these senses as well and angels can use it all, that's why they can speak with humans too. Unlike humans who now has issues dealing with the confusion that started at Babel {Genesis 11:1-9} the angels don't have any problem because they know we're still speaking the same language globally it's a spiritual force that's blurring our senses from understanding one another regarding tongue so when they speak to anyone from any nationality you will hear them speak in your mother tongue.
Now this supernatural creatures also have the power to speak in a multitude of people and open the receptive senses of just one or a few to understand what they're saying whereas the rest will start wondering what is happening.
Well that's exactly what Satan (a fallen angel) did when he used a snake just like a puppet to speak to Eve {Genesis 3:1-5} that's why the Bible later identified the real creature behind the voice Eve heard that day as Satan! Revelations 12:7 undecided

1 Like

Re: Where Did The Satan In Christianity Come From? by MaobiCarl(f): 4:25pm On Oct 01, 2022
knowingChrist:

The verse in no way suggested it was nothing else but snake. Is your Christainity that brought the idea Satan.
Not genesis, not old Judaism and not the old testament.

1 Like

Re: Where Did The Satan In Christianity Come From? by MaobiCarl(f): 4:27pm On Oct 01, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Most creatures has the sense of sight, hearing and making a sound but the ability to speak is a gift given to humans only. So out of all the creatures on planet earth only humans specie is expected to have a form of language because we do communicate.
In the spirit realms there is all these senses as well and angels can use it all, that's why they can speak with humans too. Unlike humans who now has issues dealing with the confusion that started at Babel {Genesis 11:1-9} the angels don't have any problem because they know we're still speaking the same language globally it's a spiritual force that's blurring our senses from understanding one another regarding tongue so when they speak to anyone from any nationality you will hear them speak in your mother tongue.
Now this supernatural creatures also have the power to speak in a multitude of people and open the receptive senses of just one or a few to understand what they're saying whereas the rest will start wondering what is happening.
Well that's exactly what Satan (a fallen angel) did when he used a snake just like a puppet to speak to Eve {Genesis 3:1-5} that's why the Bible later identified the real creature behind the voice Eve heard that day as Satan! Revelations 12:7 undecided

If the snake was Satan's puppet, why did genesis god curse the snake to crawl and removes its legs?
Re: Where Did The Satan In Christianity Come From? by MaobiCarl(f): 4:33pm On Oct 01, 2022
MaxInDHouse:
You said: “I will always be the Mistress, forever.” You did not take these things to heart; You did not consider how the matter would end. Isaiah 47:7

What has this got to do with God creating evil? undecided

Isaiah 45vs7
New International Version
I form the light and create darkness, I bring prosperity and create disaster; I, the LORD, do all these things.

In the old testament Hebrew God was both evil and good God. He wasn't in opposition with devil or darkness. He causes everything.

The Satan connotation or invention is absolutely strange in the old testament

1 Like

Re: Where Did The Satan In Christianity Come From? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:43pm On Oct 01, 2022
MaobiCarl:

Isaiah 45vs7
New International Version
I form the light and create darkness, I bring prosperity and create disaster; I, the LORD, do all these things.

In the old testament Hebrew God was both evil and good God. He wasn't in opposition with devil or darkness. He causes everything.

The Satan connotation or invention is absolutely strange in the old testament

You first cited Isaiah 47:7 but as for 45:7 it doesn't mean what you're thinking rather it's deeper than that!

God is not the cause of evil deeds you need to understand what that verse is saying! smiley

1 Like

Re: Where Did The Satan In Christianity Come From? by MaobiCarl(f): 5:15pm On Oct 01, 2022
MrPRevailer:

Genesis 1:31 And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

Luke 22:3 "Then entered Satan into Judas surnamed Iscariot, being of the number of the twelve."

Satan is a spirit. It's either he was speaking physically with Eve or he entered into a snake.
Judas committed evil because he was under the influence of the Devil.

John 10:10 "The thief came not but to kill, steal and destroy"

All you did was quote a verse from luke in the new testament to explain that the snake in genesis was not a snake. Who does that? The whole of old testament never tried to change the story of talking snake, why Christianity?
If it was really Satan, the account of genesis would have been clear on that.
Mtcheew
Listen to reason my brother.

1 Like

Re: Where Did The Satan In Christianity Come From? by MaobiCarl(f): 5:20pm On Oct 01, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

See how you people are blind when you read?

What you call new testament
Revelation 12:9
And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth,

What you call old testament
Genesis 3:13
..And the woman said, The serpent beguiled (deceived) me, and I did eat

What business does the book of revelation have with genesis. Both where marketing two different things almost 700 years apart.
I the op asked you to use genesis or any old testament account to prove that the serpent that was cursed in genesis after deceiving eve was not a snake.

All you did was prove the original point that Satan does not exist in the old testament.

1 Like

Re: Where Did The Satan In Christianity Come From? by MaobiCarl(f): 5:22pm On Oct 01, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

You first cited Isaiah 47:7 but as for 45:7 it doesn't mean what you're thinking rather it's deeper than that!

God is not the cause of evil deeds you need to understand what that verse is saying! smiley

You want me to understand what you've interpreted to be what the verse is saying or what the writer of isaiah and all the writers of old testament are saying?

This one can pass

1 Like

Re: Where Did The Satan In Christianity Come From? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:55pm On Oct 01, 2022
MaobiCarl:

You want me to understand what you've interpreted to be what the verse is saying or what the writer of isaiah and all the writers of old testament are saying?
This one can pass

Well it simply means servants of God shouldn't fear whatever evil enemies of pure worship can plan because all the things they want to use against God's servants are created by God.

For instance fire is a destructive agent this is the agent that destroyed Nebuchadnezzar's men whereas God controlled all the gases that made up fire and converted it to AC for Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego.

So the same God who created the destructive agent known as fire for a purpose turned it to a cooler because of His own servants.
Therefore servants of God shouldn't fear whatever evil plan enemies of God may have in mind because everything they know to perpetrate their evil deeds is under the control of the Creator who knows all the elements that makes up those things. Psalms 23:4

That's the practical application of what you're quoting not that God planned good and evil Sir! wink

1 Like

Re: Where Did The Satan In Christianity Come From? by MaobiCarl(f): 8:41pm On Oct 01, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Well it simply means servants of God shouldn't fear whatever evil enemies of pure worship can plan because all the things they want to use against God's servants are created by God.

For instance fire is a destructive agent this is the agent that destroyed Nebuchadnezzar's men whereas God controlled all the gases that made up fire and converted it to AC for Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego.

So the same God who created the destructive agent known as fire for a purpose turned it to a cooler because of His own servants.
Therefore servants of God shouldn't fear whatever evil plan enemies of God may have in mind because everything they know to perpetrate their evil deeds is under the control of the Creator who knows all the elements that makes up those things. Psalms 23:4

That's the practical application of what you're quoting not that God planned good and evil Sir! wink

Do I care about what you think it means? The true meaning can only come from the author of the text and not the reader. So far it's all clearly written that God is the bringer of goodness and evil. So shut up with ur apologetic defense

2 Likes

Re: Where Did The Satan In Christianity Come From? by Kobojunkie: 8:49pm On Oct 01, 2022
MaobiCarl:
Do I care about what you think it means? The true meaning can only come from the author of the text and not the reader. So far it's all clearly written that God is the bringer of goodness and evil. So shut up with ur apologetic defense
grin
Re: Where Did The Satan In Christianity Come From? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:06pm On Oct 01, 2022
MaobiCarl:

Guy, the author is God Himself but used humans as His secretaries to pen down His thoughts so if you can't reason with a fellowman to agree on the practical application of what you read in that book it's OK i only came to help you go and meet your Muslim or atheist brothers who kills one another based on the opinion that your stupid god is behind the evil deeds you're doing to your fellow believers in your stupid religion! smiley

1 Like

Re: Where Did The Satan In Christianity Come From? by MaobiCarl(f): 9:19pm On Oct 01, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Guy, the author is God Himself but used humans as His secretaries to pen down His thoughts so if you can't reason with a fellowman to agree on the practical application of what you read in that book it's OK i only came to help you go and meet your Muslim or atheist brothers who kills one another based on the opinion that your stupid God is behind the evil deeds you're doing to your fellow believers in your stupid religion! smiley
Reason with you or accept your preferred interpretation of a very clear sentence. You can't accept that text yourself that's why it has to mean something else.
Isn't God finally what we want it to be?

3 Likes

Re: Where Did The Satan In Christianity Come From? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:35pm On Oct 01, 2022
MaobiCarl:

Reason with you or accept your preferred interpretation of a very clear sentence. You can't accept that text yourself that's why it has to mean something else.
Isn't God finally what we want it to be?

Naaaaaaaaaaa!
It's what you want not everyone's conclusion, so deal with your own opinion while faithful people deal with ours! wink

1 Like

Re: Where Did The Satan In Christianity Come From? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:27am On Oct 02, 2022
MaobiCarl:

If the snake was Satan's puppet, why did genesis god curse the snake to crawl and removes its legs?
It's just an animal not human so God laid that curse on the serpent so that generations to come may believe through a research on the DNA of snakes that truly God's word is alive. Hebrews 4:12

According to scientists legs were discovered in the DNA of snakes but they can't figure out why the legs disappeared only to be found thousands of years later through a thorough research on its DNA.

Perhaps Bible writers also had advance gadgets like modern scientists to have written such advance knowledge in that ancient book:

men spoke from God as they were moved by HOLY SPIRIT. 2Peter 1:21b
Re: Where Did The Satan In Christianity Come From? by Dtruthspeaker: 12:49pm On Oct 02, 2022
MaobiCarl:

What business does the book of revelation have with genesis. Both where marketing two different things almost 700 years apart.
I the op asked you to use genesis or any old testament account to prove that the serpent that was cursed in genesis after deceiving eve was not a snake.

All you did was prove the original point that Satan does not exist in the old testament.

Change of Post! You said

MaobiCarl:
..Satan did not appear anywhere in genesis account..

And now I have shown you that Revelation 12:9

And both Genesis and Revelation are part of the Bible. So you can not take one part and throw out the other parts
(As God Commanded) and neither is it right nor just for you to use only Genesis, to make a whole bewildering comment about Christianity which arose because of the wrongful categorisation called wrongly called "new testament", the very same place where Revelation speaks.
Re: Where Did The Satan In Christianity Come From? by knowingChrist(m): 4:17pm On Oct 02, 2022
The verse did not say it was a snake. Moses saw something in a vision that was represented as a snake, just as John saw the Holy Spirit in a vision as a snake. You're saying what the bible didn't say.

Also, the bible doesn't say the Satan and not all Christians thinks the snake is Satan. Mist Christians think it's Satan but definitely not all.

What you said is incorrect sir and the popular Christian belief is also incorrect. Let's be humble enough to accept that we do not know certain things so that we might know.

Thank you sir for replying

MaobiCarl:

The verse in no way suggested it was nothing else but snake. Is your Christainity that brought the idea Satan.
Not genesis, not old Judaism and not the old testament.
Re: Where Did The Satan In Christianity Come From? by knowingChrist(m): 4:27pm On Oct 02, 2022
With due respect Mr max, this is a beautiful narrative sir but it cannot stand. Never did anywhere in the scripture says what you said. Are you telling me that if you're saying that Satan Is the serpent then why didn't the whole of Genesis to Jude reiterate it, but you miraculously found the answer in Revelation.

I'm convinced what you say on this topic is incorrect and I'll like you to humbly accept that you're wrong and ask God to teach you the truth.

I'll not tell you that I know better but I'm certain that what you're saying is not the truth bc it's not well distributed across the books of the scripture. Moses didn't say the serpent is Satan and John's Revelation is totally unconnected to what happened in Eden.

One was talking about fall of Adam while one was talking about the Victory of Christ. One was talking about old Adam while the other was talking about New Adam; two different focus. So pls don't mix up scriptural situations to produce something that looks nice but not good for the soul. Thank you

MaxInDHouse:

1 Like

Re: Where Did The Satan In Christianity Come From? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:01pm On Oct 02, 2022
knowingChrist:
With due respect Mr max, this is a beautiful narrative sir but it cannot stand. Never did anywhere in the scripture says what you said. Are you telling me that if you're saying that Satan Is the serpent then why didn't the whole of Genesis to Jude reiterate it, but you miraculously found the answer in Revelation.

I'm convinced what you say on this topic is incorrect and I'll like you to humbly accept that you're wrong and ask God to teach you the truth.
I'll not tell you that I know better but I'm certain that what you're saying is not the truth bc it's not well distributed across the books of the scripture. Moses didn't say the serpent is Satan and John's Revelation is totally unconnected to what happened in Eden.
One was talking about fall of Adam while one was talking about the Victory of Christ. One was talking about old Adam while the other was talking about New Adam; two different focus. So pls don't mix up scriptural situations to produce something that looks nice but not good for the soul. Thank you

Do you know the title of the Bible book i quoted?
Well it's called "REVELATIONS" of course Jesus used this Bible book to reveal deep secrets no one knew from the beginning until then! Revelations 1:1-2
Thanks for your concern but it's Jesus Christ who revealed that secret not Max! smiley

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Should The Old Testament Laws Be Observed In The Modern Era? / Roman Catholic And Protestant Confessions About Sunday / Must Read! "the True Intentions Of Christian Missionaries In Africa"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.