Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:52 AM

Parents Who Share The Same Room With Their Kids, Do You Feel Okay? - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Parents Who Share The Same Room With Their Kids, Do You Feel Okay? (71749 Views)

How Many Kids Do You Still Wanna Have? / Lady Stays In The Same Room With Her Husband's Corpse For 3 Days In Ogun (Video) / Meet Anna And Lucy DeCinque, Identical Twin Sisters Who Share The Same Boyfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Parents Who Share The Same Room With Their Kids, Do You Feel Okay? by Greystone: 8:32pm On Sep 30, 2022
MikeofAfrica:

The issue is that many poor people play lotto with procreation. I once met a poor man with 7 kids ( 5 boys, 2 girls) and he confided in me that he is confident that at least one of his five sons will be successful in life even if he did not send them to school.
Hence for a poor man with such mentality, the more kids that he have, the more his chance of producing the next Dangote.
It is really pathetic but poverty has made many people to reason like animals.

Abeg, just imagine this fxcked up mentality
Re: Parents Who Share The Same Room With Their Kids, Do You Feel Okay? by general111(m): 8:43pm On Sep 30, 2022
MikeofAfrica:

Being hard working is one of the many factors that will make a poor person to become Successful. Many hard working people are poor because only hard work cannot terminate poverty.
However some poor people are not making any effort to come out of poverty. These are the category of people that give birth to many kids because they do not have any future ambition.
true
Re: Parents Who Share The Same Room With Their Kids, Do You Feel Okay? by FarmTech(m): 9:14pm On Sep 30, 2022
ITbomb:
Do you think it is their choice to stay in a one bedroom apartment?
Before God that gave them children, they have NO excuse to do that in the presence of their kids. That is one way sexually immoral children are raised.
Re: Parents Who Share The Same Room With Their Kids, Do You Feel Okay? by Mindlog: 9:21pm On Sep 30, 2022
khadaffi:

I didn't say they don't cope well when they sleep alone. If you read what I wrote you will see where I said they slept on their room before I changed strategy[b]. Don't worry, from the way you sound you don't have a child. You are still talking based on what you read. Like I said when you start a family you will see how what you're saying isn't practicable.[/b] Even Bishop Oyedepo once advised against sleeping in different rooms with your kids. Now look at an example of something that happened one day. There was a little hole in the net in my passage. My room is opposite my children's room. Somehow a bat squeezed itself through that hole and started flying around the passage. By now there was no power the passage was dark but there was a lamp in my kids room and a torch. At about 2am or thereabouts my son woke up to poop. He had to pass through the passage to the toilet. He saw the bat flying around and ran back to his room, shut the door and was calling for me and my wife. We had shut our door and was asleep. He kept on calling and calling till his sister also woke and joined in calling. When he could no longer hold it he had to poop in the room. I later woke around 3 or 4 and killed the bat and woke my wife to start cleaning up the mess. Do you think I was happy? Events like these always come up when you have kids at home. I just thank God it was not something that would take their life. That is how I would have woke to hear a different story

I laugh at the bold, you have no idea of my family life. cheesy By the way, no one can tell a male gynecologist that, until he is able to get pregnant, he doesn't know what he is talking about. cheesy

I respect the dynamics of your own family, whatever works for your unit I believe suits you all.

1 Like

Re: Parents Who Share The Same Room With Their Kids, Do You Feel Okay? by Maryam1234(f): 9:32pm On Sep 30, 2022
Michelle70:
i don stop to argue with u.

we all have our individual preference.

U can stick to ur million people ways
Leaving a one year old child to sleep alone sounds strange to me as a mother cryMy second child will be three by January and I still sleep with her on my bed while the Brother sleeps with the father in their own room.Parents who have kids/children should draw a timetable for pleasure.I know of a particular neighbor of mine that normally comes back home with the wife at some wee hours of the day when all their children have gone to school,I don't know what they normally come home for but if it's related to this subject matter it's the right thing to do.This people have grown up in a three bedroom bungalow, not too educated but they're threading carefully.You don't expect a teenager to be around even in the night and you will assume she's sleeping cryLet's be careful how we nurture our children inorder not to lead them astray because on the day of judgement God will hold us accountable for how we nurture the pearls he gave us.My 2kobo kiss
Re: Parents Who Share The Same Room With Their Kids, Do You Feel Okay? by Maryam1234(f): 9:38pm On Sep 30, 2022
FarmTech:

Before God that gave them children, they have NO excuse to do that in the presence of their kids. That is one way sexually immoral children are raised.
You're right Sir, Some things are just not right in our country.And it pains me seeing the first agent of socialization in one's life cracky from the scratch cry
Re: Parents Who Share The Same Room With Their Kids, Do You Feel Okay? by Stillwhites(m): 9:54pm On Sep 30, 2022
Maryam1234:

You're right Sir, Some things are just not right in our country.And it pains me seeing the first agent of socialization in one's life cracky from the scratch cry
This woman, you are intelligent.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Parents Who Share The Same Room With Their Kids, Do You Feel Okay? by ISellBeer: 10:44pm On Sep 30, 2022
ObamaMessi:
Do you think it's ok for parents to share same
bed room with their kids?

I was shocked to my bone marrow when a little girl of eight was telling me of what happens between her parents at night simply because she share the same room with them.

I can't explain but I can assure parents that sharing the same bed room with their kids is not too good.

I blame you, how could you get so familiar with an 8yrs old girl to be discussing such thing
Re: Parents Who Share The Same Room With Their Kids, Do You Feel Okay? by Monaboo(m): 11:36pm On Sep 30, 2022
Kids talk alot. That's why it's best to have them in a separate room.

But what of those that have up to 5 to 6 children all living in one room.

What those children have seen, eyes cannot tell it all.

I remember those days when we were kids and my mum and dad want to "do-the-do" despite we living in a 3 bedroom apartment, my mum will become extra nice to me. That is when she will remember that I need to visit my friends even those I quarreled with in school. The way she will be reminding me to go out and visit them ehn. It would seems as if she was paid. This the same woman that will tell me on normal day

"Stop visiting friends. Stop following friends. Stay at home and read your book. Friends will lead you astray. They will not make you read your book. I have told you...I have told you. One-day, u will grow up and marry, that is when u will remember all these things I'm telling you".

Mothers...I hail una.

Well I have grown up. Am not yet married but I have come to understand why she was wanted me out of the house. She just wanted me out so she and my dad can have freedom to do-the-do.
Re: Parents Who Share The Same Room With Their Kids, Do You Feel Okay? by Blaqputin(m): 2:04am On Oct 01, 2022
SmartyPants:

Just beg your mama to rest o.

cheesy

On behalf of the community. We are begging sir. Old age doesnt fit harlotry.
Ur mama na old hag, no one will pay to sleep with her, she be community toilet.....mama wey dey smell nah mama b that...?
Na y ur papa run... grin
Re: Parents Who Share The Same Room With Their Kids, Do You Feel Okay? by SmartyPants(m): 2:13am On Oct 01, 2022
Blaqputin:

Ur mama na old hag, no one will pay to sleep with her, she be community toilet.....mama wey dey smell nah mama b that...?
Na y ur papa run... grin

Lol go to bed you wankerr. Poverty pushed your dear whorre mother into this disgusting life.

Go to bed so you can get up early to work hard so you can buy her a decent meal.

Have sense!
Re: Parents Who Share The Same Room With Their Kids, Do You Feel Okay? by mandate12: 2:23am On Oct 01, 2022
MufasaLion:

They should focus on having a better apartment instead of breeding like rodents in a studio apartment.

Is it by power? How much have you made with ur recent focus?
Re: Parents Who Share The Same Room With Their Kids, Do You Feel Okay? by mandate12: 2:25am On Oct 01, 2022
general111:
it is not every hardworking person that is comfortable my brother.Being Hard working, does not mean you will be successful..
Poverty is the root cause of discomfort.

What does he know? Y waste time explaining..
Re: Parents Who Share The Same Room With Their Kids, Do You Feel Okay? by Successfulben: 4:17am On Oct 01, 2022
And what if you are staying in a single room?
Karen2024:
As soon as my child is a year old, to his or her room.
Re: Parents Who Share The Same Room With Their Kids, Do You Feel Okay? by Babadem007: 7:11am On Oct 01, 2022
Hmmm, ...lol
Re: Parents Who Share The Same Room With Their Kids, Do You Feel Okay? by Backpedal: 8:20am On Oct 01, 2022
doctore212:
I want to leave this country and move to Togo.

In Togo , I can carry Olosho TDB and with only indomie and egg.

She might even stay at .

But here in Naija, u carry Olosho for five thousand ,yet they will not allow u touch breast.

I will relocate

What does this have to do with the topic on hand
Re: Parents Who Share The Same Room With Their Kids, Do You Feel Okay? by Backpedal: 8:24am On Oct 01, 2022
mandate12:

What does he know? Y waste time explaining..

Country is hard

Effort does not always translate into financial windfall
Re: Parents Who Share The Same Room With Their Kids, Do You Feel Okay? by stephinnoyewole(m): 12:21pm On Oct 01, 2022
MufasaLion:

Yes, I've seen a year old child. Such child can have his/her personal room and a baby monitor with camera can be installed in such room.

Millions of people do this always!
Install camera, for a family living below 100k per month?
U guys will just talk like it's everybody that has that money like u do
Re: Parents Who Share The Same Room With Their Kids, Do You Feel Okay? by Berlindefense: 3:33pm On Oct 01, 2022
grin grin grin
doctore212:
I want to leave this country and move to Togo.

In Togo , I can carry Olosho TDB and with only indomie and egg.

She might even stay at .

But here in Naija, u carry Olosho for five thousand ,yet they will not allow u touch breast.

I will relocate
Re: Parents Who Share The Same Room With Their Kids, Do You Feel Okay? by DeGLORIOUS: 10:01pm On Oct 01, 2022
Slynation:
That is how it is for every child, except the ones that has plans to fly around 12am...
you are totally wrong. You did not take into consideration individual differences. At 8, most girls are biginning to learn the journey to adulthood. Most people if they have siesta even for just 30 minutes, don't usually find sleep easily at night.

1 Like

Re: Parents Who Share The Same Room With Their Kids, Do You Feel Okay? by FarmTech(m): 12:52pm On Oct 03, 2022
Maryam1234:

I'm glad that some people understand.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon / Woman Hides Gala In A Bible To Send To Her Children In The UK / Seeing Dead Aunty In My Dreams Repeatedly. I Need Any Solutions Please

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.