Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,376 members, 7,829,975 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:23 PM

One-Way Driver Kills Pedestrian In Lagos (Pictures) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / One-Way Driver Kills Pedestrian In Lagos (Pictures) (42106 Views)

Osun Poly Student, Olanrewaju Olatona Killed By Hit-And-Run One-Way Driver / Driver Arrested For Killing Pedestrian In Kosofe, Lagos / Speeding Driver Arrested After Knocking Down A Pedestrian In Lagos. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: One-Way Driver Kills Pedestrian In Lagos (Pictures) by GreyBlood: 9:22am On Sep 30, 2022
Hobbiton:
you are a fool
do you drive in Lagos? If you do you wouldn't be calling him a fool. Many of these officers are crooks and will even lure you into following 'unmarked' oneway path just to milk you.

I believe proper signs should be put in place in stragetic locations for one to be aware and not fall a victim.

1 Like

Re: One-Way Driver Kills Pedestrian In Lagos (Pictures) by duro4chang(m): 9:22am On Sep 30, 2022
MatrixReloaded:
One way is bad because the pedestrian won't be cautious to look left and right to cross. And one thing is one user always speed to get where they can do u-turn. Anyway a heavy fine or jail term to the person. The car didn't drive itself , its human that drove it so hold the human and not the car.. heavy fine and jail term is my take..

You are just a nuisance abeg gettat... reasoning with your drilled anus.
We have the law and the law has been made known. Break the law and face the consequence.
Re: One-Way Driver Kills Pedestrian In Lagos (Pictures) by NaijaSumi: 9:23am On Sep 30, 2022
JBoss25:
Nigerians are fvcking lawless! It's only in this country that you'll see a driver taking one way or driving on the pedestrian walkway.

Your problem is the usage of the word Nigerians....

You're wrong using the word Nigerians... Get some sense
Re: One-Way Driver Kills Pedestrian In Lagos (Pictures) by Josephkabila12: 9:23am On Sep 30, 2022
JBoss25:
Nigerians are fvcking lawless! It's only in this country that you'll see a driver taking one way or driving on the pedestrian walkway.
but they auction some people's car some weeks ago una say de government no try
Re: One-Way Driver Kills Pedestrian In Lagos (Pictures) by Directorflexx: 9:24am On Sep 30, 2022
Watch This Amazing Comedy Skit Titled “Road To Success” Very Funny grin

Please subscribe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iK2rUuTb3uc?sub_confirmation=1
Re: One-Way Driver Kills Pedestrian In Lagos (Pictures) by vikstandon(m): 9:25am On Sep 30, 2022
Ufonn:
Please someone should please help me with little money to be able to cook something to eat please haven't eaten anything since yesterday morning pls. It's hard for me and my family to survive please no matter how small, it will still help please. May God bless you and may you never lack
Account num:
6041 GT Bank
Angel Oyom

shocked shocked
Re: One-Way Driver Kills Pedestrian In Lagos (Pictures) by JBoss25(m): 9:26am On Sep 30, 2022
NaijaSumi:

Your problem is the usage of the word Nigerians....

You're wrong using the word Nigerians... Get some sense

Fvck off
Re: One-Way Driver Kills Pedestrian In Lagos (Pictures) by Pinito: 9:26am On Sep 30, 2022
OK when they said they should punish people some were ranting and shouting to me after forfiting the Car the should smash it Nigerians need iron hand by the time they smash like 200 cars people will get sense by force
Re: One-Way Driver Kills Pedestrian In Lagos (Pictures) by vikstandon(m): 9:27am On Sep 30, 2022
Ufonn:
Please someone should please help me with little money to be able to cook something to eat please haven't eaten anything since yesterday morning pls. It's hard for me and my family to survive please no matter how small, it will still help please. May God bless you and may you never lack
Account num:
6041 GT Bank
Angel Oyom

How did you get data to come online?
No empathy for the dead... You dey beg money.
Re: One-Way Driver Kills Pedestrian In Lagos (Pictures) by oneMalik: 9:27am On Sep 30, 2022
Prison sentence and autioning of property .

0dinakanobs:
so sad, what does it take for a black man to maintain law and order
Re: One-Way Driver Kills Pedestrian In Lagos (Pictures) by faithfull18(f): 9:28am On Sep 30, 2022
Hmmn.
Re: One-Way Driver Kills Pedestrian In Lagos (Pictures) by 2Radii: 9:29am On Sep 30, 2022
wagazala:
The law is still too draconian.

This driver should be charged ccording to his crime - 1. Driving one way and 2. Manslaughter.

There are many other people who have mistakenly found themselves on one way routes especially in this Lagos where 60% of road signs have been removed. They dont deserve their cars taken away from them.
a one way driver will knock u down and disfigure Ur body, but the driver will be caught and charged...amen
Re: One-Way Driver Kills Pedestrian In Lagos (Pictures) by omonla10(m): 9:30am On Sep 30, 2022
Reference:

When government comes against you with the law, you go against them for pushing you to disobey the law.
You don't take the law into your hands. Fight the government not the law. That is how sane societies work.
But because of feudalism in these parts the citizens fear their leaders more than the law and yet they expect their leaders to fear the law and govern well.
ure so correct. I have always suggested that commuters should block the road for 1 week. Till the govt comes to their rescue. Imagine a federal road linking Lagos to abeokuta not motorable.. It's so shameful
Re: One-Way Driver Kills Pedestrian In Lagos (Pictures) by Lifestone(m): 9:30am On Sep 30, 2022
crafteck:

Government and "influencial people's" convoys wey dey kill people left and right, what have they done, im not justifying one way, but if their punishment would be overkill, pls punish every other similar offence same way.
Applying same rules to everyone no matter who committed the offense should be the advocacy. You can not advance leniency for one way drivers without justifying the outcome of their actions. One is the consequence of another
Re: One-Way Driver Kills Pedestrian In Lagos (Pictures) by Indispensable85(m): 9:31am On Sep 30, 2022
And people were talking anyhow when the government came hard on them. Mtcheeew....the problem of Nigeria are Nigerians. The masses are worse than the leaders.

1 Like

Re: One-Way Driver Kills Pedestrian In Lagos (Pictures) by Benrosaria(m): 9:31am On Sep 30, 2022
His intent before he died justified his ending
Re: One-Way Driver Kills Pedestrian In Lagos (Pictures) by abokikhalifa: 9:31am On Sep 30, 2022
SILVERLINES:

Silly question

No be you talk say na wating una dey do for pH ?
Re: One-Way Driver Kills Pedestrian In Lagos (Pictures) by seanwilliam(m): 9:33am On Sep 30, 2022
new2012:
People get killed coz the driver is driving in the right lane too, should the car get auctioned too?

Driving in one way is bad but each case should be judged by law courts, there are instances where the driver will require mental evaluation, car siezed, driver jailed etc.

but don't come out with weird ass laws, events are different and each must be looked at differently.
should u be caught on one way and no other significant event associated, a fine not exceeding minimum wage should suffice. fining ppl above minimum wage is barbaric and cruel
Good.
And when one way Driver jam one of your family , they should fine him just 30k minimum wages..
rubbish , anyone caught using one way should be made to pay through his/her nose, infact impound the vehicle join.

I knew of newly married couples ,who lost their lives to one way driver back then . You’re here blabbing like a morôn.

1 Like

Re: One-Way Driver Kills Pedestrian In Lagos (Pictures) by contactwale: 9:35am On Sep 30, 2022
Ufonn:
Account num:
6041 GT Bank
Angel Oyom

2K Sent
Re: One-Way Driver Kills Pedestrian In Lagos (Pictures) by frowland(m): 9:35am On Sep 30, 2022
new2012:
People get killed coz the driver is driving in the right lane too, should the car get auctioned too?

Driving in one way is bad but each case should be judged by law courts, there are instances where the driver will require mental evaluation, car siezed, driver jailed etc.

but don't come out with weird ass laws, events are different and each must be looked at differently.
should u be caught on one way and no other significant event associated, a fine not exceeding minimum wage should suffice. fining ppl above minimum wage is barbaric and cruel

You don’t dictate what law a state or country should adopt.
In China, if you are charged and found guilty of corruption, it is instant death.
In Singapore, if you are caught in possession of a certain amount of drugs it is instant death.
In different states in US, they have varying punishments for same offense.
In Lagos, if you are caught driving one way, you risk forfeiting your vehicle.
Drive one way in Ogun and maybe get a fine or something, drive one way in Lagos and you lose your car. Simple as that.
Don’t go to those countries or cities and flaunting their laws because you feel ‘it’s draconian’.
Re: One-Way Driver Kills Pedestrian In Lagos (Pictures) by Igboland: 9:38am On Sep 30, 2022
I am waiting for the foolish PDP governorship candidate n his deputy Funke to go visit this one n give me check to cover the loss of their dead.
Re: One-Way Driver Kills Pedestrian In Lagos (Pictures) by oneMalik: 9:38am On Sep 30, 2022
RIP .

This is what will happen to those fools that are condemning Lagos state govt for sentencing and auction of vehicles of traffic offenders .. the victim could be any of us and that's why we need to hold people and flog them in the street for all this kind of lawlessness without even calling police .

Now you've taken away someone's joy and happiness cos of foolish one way driving just like that .
Re: One-Way Driver Kills Pedestrian In Lagos (Pictures) by WowSweetGuy(m): 9:39am On Sep 30, 2022
OsuIgboIpob:

It is never intentional of course. But if na your papa, mama, siblings, wife or child dem kill like this, is that all you'd say?

Always use your brain before you say rubbish
I know but the idea is that it wasn't intentional. The driver fvcked up. Shit happens
Re: One-Way Driver Kills Pedestrian In Lagos (Pictures) by WowSweetGuy(m): 9:40am On Sep 30, 2022
oluwaseyi0:

unintentional and one-way driving cannot be in the same sentence
even govt officials dey pass one way if there is heavy traffic . Shit happens. Sorry for the life lost
Re: One-Way Driver Kills Pedestrian In Lagos (Pictures) by Xburn(m): 9:42am On Sep 30, 2022
Sometimes look up too o...in case of any falling vehicles from the sky na naija we dey grin
Re: One-Way Driver Kills Pedestrian In Lagos (Pictures) by Berankis: 9:42am On Sep 30, 2022
Re: One-Way Driver Kills Pedestrian In Lagos (Pictures) by Tegabadguy(m): 9:42am On Sep 30, 2022
Re: One-Way Driver Kills Pedestrian In Lagos (Pictures) by WowSweetGuy(m): 9:43am On Sep 30, 2022
oluwaseyi0:
death to one-way drivers and drunk drivers, they deserve no mercy

drivers who follow one way or drunk driving that result in the death of other road users should be charged for murder and sentence to death by hanging

we all need to be careful, especially drivers

unintentional and one-way driving cannot be in the same sentence
Bro I guess u don't take alcohol...my point is that he didn't wish to kill the victim

We should always look left right before we cross. Sorry to the unfortunate human being that died.
Re: One-Way Driver Kills Pedestrian In Lagos (Pictures) by Bontafa: 9:45am On Sep 30, 2022
Parachoko:
Foolish talk

One will have to wander if some of you people get brain at all

Well, am sure one of the reason you dey talk like this b say, no b your love ones the motor hit.

RIP to the dead

Parachoko my super urchin.

Asiwaju will bring doom to Nigeria

Re: One-Way Driver Kills Pedestrian In Lagos (Pictures) by wagazala: 9:45am On Sep 30, 2022
2Radii:
a one way driver will knock u down and disfigure Ur body, but the driver will be caught and charged...amen

The car didnt drive itself, someone drove it. Charge the man not the car.
Re: One-Way Driver Kills Pedestrian In Lagos (Pictures) by wagazala: 9:45am On Sep 30, 2022
Hobbiton:
you are a fool

cheesy cheesy it takes one to know one.
Re: One-Way Driver Kills Pedestrian In Lagos (Pictures) by richie240: 9:46am On Sep 30, 2022
temitope27:
Is this not worst than Aution
Please ask them if the cost of loosing all d cars to auction is worth a single soul that is so precious dt even Christ died for!

Majority of those wailing ''Draconian law" , ''too harsh penalty" are those who see no reason not to destroy lekki toll gate.
They mean no well for lagos/nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Accident Survivors Celebrate With Bottles Of Beer On The Road In Imo / Man Dies After Fatal Accident In Imo, Corpse Remains Unidentified. Graphic Pics / See Pictures Of Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Road Bogije Ibeju Lekki Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.