Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,303 members, 7,829,710 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:51 AM

One-Way Driver Kills Pedestrian In Lagos (Pictures) - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / One-Way Driver Kills Pedestrian In Lagos (Pictures) (42102 Views)

Osun Poly Student, Olanrewaju Olatona Killed By Hit-And-Run One-Way Driver / Driver Arrested For Killing Pedestrian In Kosofe, Lagos / Speeding Driver Arrested After Knocking Down A Pedestrian In Lagos. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: One-Way Driver Kills Pedestrian In Lagos (Pictures) by johnpalmer774(m): 9:48am On Sep 30, 2022
Tutor72a:
The absence of Bola Tinubu at the NBA conference last month and the Peace Accord signing today should be a huge concern to Nigerians ahead of the 2023 elections. With the current problems facing Nigeria, Nigeria needs a leader that is available/accessible. Not leadership by proxy

And how is this related to the above topic??
the fact that i share same country with someone like u is the Greatest mistake to Humanity.
Re: One-Way Driver Kills Pedestrian In Lagos (Pictures) by wagazala: 9:48am On Sep 30, 2022
Lifestone:

I still don't get how you guys reason. So if a man kills another with a licensed gun, the man should be fined and/or imprisoned but his gun that he uses as a vigilante should be released to him. How does that sound?
Advocacy for proper road signs is legitimate but shouldn't justify all these killings. Imagine a bread winner gone!

Address the law and not the action. The sentiment here is that someone got killed. People also get killed when driving on the right lane, what happens to their cars then?

My point remains (someone killed or not) that it is too draconian to impound and auction a car for driving on one way. simple.
Re: One-Way Driver Kills Pedestrian In Lagos (Pictures) by SamOchuko: 9:49am On Sep 30, 2022
Lanrelagboi:

https://twitter.com/Egi_nupe_/status/1575722345796603904?t=geoPjeTD-j_M-PFUbDOYOQ&s=19

I hope the killer driver is arrested and charged for his crime, rest on to the dead
Re: One-Way Driver Kills Pedestrian In Lagos (Pictures) by wagazala: 9:49am On Sep 30, 2022
Parachoko:
Foolish talk

One will have to wander if some of you people get brain at all

Well, am sure one of the reason you dey talk like this b say, no b your love ones the motor hit.

RIP to the dead

Motor no dey hit your loved ones on the right way? Mumu, na only one way moto dey jam person?

People that have accidents on the right lane and kill others, what happens to their cars then?

My point remains (someone killed or not) that it is too draconian to impound and auction a car for driving on one way. simple.
Re: One-Way Driver Kills Pedestrian In Lagos (Pictures) by Okhuadams(m): 9:50am On Sep 30, 2022
Lanrelagboi:

https://twitter.com/Egi_nupe_/status/1575722345796603904?t=geoPjeTD-j_M-PFUbDOYOQ&s=19
And some idiots are saying auctioning of cars that took oneway is wrong, when Fashola was checking their brains if the nut in their head s complete they say is dehumanizing. Many life have been lost due to this
Re: One-Way Driver Kills Pedestrian In Lagos (Pictures) by Bigchristo: 9:50am On Sep 30, 2022
Lanrelagboi:

80% of motorist in Nigeria need psychiatric evaluation tell me why on earth will someone be in a hurry all the time?most of them haven’t left this country and come experience how people abroad obey traffic rules, is only in Nigeria you will see a state governor that’s supposed to show example to others in obeying traffic rules will drive past with his convoy then who is the law made for? The one that saddens me most is this one way of a thing such vehicles should be impounded no two ways about it, who wan cry make him cry, it’s getting too much killing people out of hasty decisions of driving on one way
Re: One-Way Driver Kills Pedestrian In Lagos (Pictures) by latolz: 9:50am On Sep 30, 2022
This one is FINISHED
Re: One-Way Driver Kills Pedestrian In Lagos (Pictures) by ufuosman(m): 9:51am On Sep 30, 2022
Too bad
Re: One-Way Driver Kills Pedestrian In Lagos (Pictures) by crafteck(m): 9:51am On Sep 30, 2022
Lifestone:

Applying same rules to everyone no matter who committed the offense should be the advocacy. You can not advance leniency for one way drivers without justifying the outcome of their actions. One is the consequence of another

Ok but are you from one second assuming that taken one way is more dangerous than over speeding? if over speeding also little collection of vehicles from the owners who go remain?
Re: One-Way Driver Kills Pedestrian In Lagos (Pictures) by 2Radii: 9:52am On Sep 30, 2022
wagazala:

The car didnt drive itself, someone drove it. Charge the man not the car.
yes u re right, thank go I am working with the authority..

When the driver knock u, probably on ur wedding day, we will leave the motor and charge the driver.
Re: One-Way Driver Kills Pedestrian In Lagos (Pictures) by crusufixo(m): 9:53am On Sep 30, 2022
KIDfurniture:
Before crossing any road in Nigeria I always make sure I observe both sides. Nigerians are sick people.

tongue

Gbam...... especially Nigerian Drivers......
Re: One-Way Driver Kills Pedestrian In Lagos (Pictures) by FORHII: 9:53am On Sep 30, 2022
Re: One-Way Driver Kills Pedestrian In Lagos (Pictures) by wagazala: 9:54am On Sep 30, 2022
2Radii:
yes u re right, thank go I am working with the authority..

When the driver knock u, probably on ur wedding day, we will leave the motor and charge the driver.

Exactly bro, justice. Send the driver to jail, probably for the rest of his life.
Re: One-Way Driver Kills Pedestrian In Lagos (Pictures) by Emman08: 9:55am On Sep 30, 2022
Maybe they deserve to have their cars auctioned off afterall
Re: One-Way Driver Kills Pedestrian In Lagos (Pictures) by hope4nigeria(m): 9:55am On Sep 30, 2022
KIDfurniture:
Before crossing any road in Nigeria I always make sure I observe both sides. Nigerians are sick people.

tongue
you see some pedestrian sef, na so I was telling one the other day to shift for Dangote truck who was struggling to negotiate a bend, her response was the driver no dey see? The moment you see someone following one way, you should be seeing a mad man coming and save your life first
Re: One-Way Driver Kills Pedestrian In Lagos (Pictures) by obalolaunited(m): 9:57am On Sep 30, 2022
0dinakanobs:
so sad, what does it take for a black man to maintain law and order
It's a simple question that requires a very simple answer
All it takes is for lasma to confiscate the vehicle and auction it
Also arrest the driver send them to 20yrs in imprisonment
Also need to tell those nairalanders that says the law is too strict they are absolutely ba,st,Ard,s
And then life continues
Re: One-Way Driver Kills Pedestrian In Lagos (Pictures) by 2Radii: 10:00am On Sep 30, 2022
wagazala:

Exactly bro, justice. Send the driver to jail, probably for the rest of his life.
Lol, let assume people whose vehicles were auctioned were instead sent to 30years imprisonment, people like u will still come here to defend the absurdity...and claim the government were too harsh.. just go.
Re: One-Way Driver Kills Pedestrian In Lagos (Pictures) by Jostoman: 10:04am On Sep 30, 2022
Reference:

So if he is sentenced to jail what concerns him with livelihood. Will he not fed housed and fed at taxpayers expense.
Can he be diving his bus in jail.
His bus is the object of a crime, a weapon of manslaughter and has to be denied him.

If your house is used for kidnapping it will be seized, if your dog attacks someone it will be put down, if your car kills why shouldn't it be taken.
And if you are caught in the act of manslaughter by driving against traffic then the government reserves the right to confiscate your vehicle and auction it to ensure you never use it for such crimes in the future, period.

Cars don't kill, people do. That is why you must be separated from your car when you attempt to kill and the car sold off not destroyed.
I still don't agree with you.
Re: One-Way Driver Kills Pedestrian In Lagos (Pictures) by richie240: 10:06am On Sep 30, 2022
Umu-ekwensu,!
If na ur mama d moto jam and kill, will u be vomiting ds trash?
cool

wagazala:
The law is still too draconian.

This driver should be charged ccording to his crime - 1. Driving one way and 2. Manslaughter.

There are many other people who have mistakenly found themselves on one way routes especially in this Lagos where 60% of road signs have been removed. They dont deserve their cars taken away from them.

Update: A lot of you have quoted me as being insensitive. My question is what happens to the cars of people who knock people down on the right lane? Or people dont get killed on the right lane, it is only one way?
Re: One-Way Driver Kills Pedestrian In Lagos (Pictures) by wolebest: 10:09am On Sep 30, 2022
The other day some Nairalanders were critical of what happened to a guy and his mother weeping when their bus was auctioned for driving against the traffic.

I mentioned that it was only mad men that drives against traffic, they ought to be treated as lunatics because they endanger the lives of other road users.

We can see what has happened to an innocent soul, cut short by a lunatic driver.

I pray the long hands of the law catch up with the offender very soon.

Nairalanders, what do we say to the family?

The PDP fools (Jandor and Funke Akndele should be made to pay a visit the family of the deceased person, and promise to fish out the culprit when they become governor and deputy governor of Lagos State.

We can all see now that the Law on driving against traffic should be meted with full weight of the law.
Re: One-Way Driver Kills Pedestrian In Lagos (Pictures) by Iwedunloye: 10:13am On Sep 30, 2022
Jandor should Visit the Family of the deceased since he care more about Traffic offenders
Re: One-Way Driver Kills Pedestrian In Lagos (Pictures) by omoadeleye(m): 10:13am On Sep 30, 2022
wagazala:
The law is still too draconian.

This driver should be charged ccording to his crime - 1. Driving one way and 2. Manslaughter.

There are many other people who have mistakenly found themselves on one way routes especially in this Lagos where 60% of road signs have been removed. They dont deserve their cars taken away from them.

Update: A lot of you have quoted me as being insensitive. My question is what happens to the cars of people who knock people down on the right lane? Or people dont get killed on the right lane, it is only one way?

Nope, you are not insensitive, you just have mental problem.
Re: One-Way Driver Kills Pedestrian In Lagos (Pictures) by Lightened: 10:14am On Sep 30, 2022
Infact, look front and back, up and down also.
KIDfurniture:

tongue
Re: One-Way Driver Kills Pedestrian In Lagos (Pictures) by wagazala: 10:15am On Sep 30, 2022
richie240:
Umu-ekwensu,!
If na ur mama d moto jam and kill, will u be vomiting ds trash?
cool

Be civil. You dont have to wish me bad for having an opinion different from yours na. Remember 4 fingers point back at you. grin
Re: One-Way Driver Kills Pedestrian In Lagos (Pictures) by Parachoko: 10:16am On Sep 30, 2022
wagazala:

Motor no dey hit your loved ones on the right way? Mumu, na only one way moto dey jam person?

People that have accidents on the right lane and kill others, what happens to their cars then?

Fool

How can you be comparing person wey hit someone with his/her car on his lane with person wey totally leave his lane, and face incoming vehicles... Are you normal at all or you're just extremely retarded? In most countries you won't only go to jail, you will likely never drive again.
Re: One-Way Driver Kills Pedestrian In Lagos (Pictures) by Bollinga: 10:17am On Sep 30, 2022
In lagos.. Make sure you look left and right before crossing in double lanes. Dem no dey obey traffic law
Re: One-Way Driver Kills Pedestrian In Lagos (Pictures) by emerged01(m): 10:19am On Sep 30, 2022
xynerise:
Life imprisonment
Bro you too soft in your judgement. Such offence na death sentence straight. You wan waste taxpayers' money on such person? As a matter of fact we dont have much space in prisons,such person cannot be occupying a space for little offenders.
Re: One-Way Driver Kills Pedestrian In Lagos (Pictures) by SPAMBOX7: 10:19am On Sep 30, 2022
Even road for my street wey dey always quiet I always look both sides before crossing. Can't take no chances. If something happen make I know say he suppose happen not cos I wasn't cautious enough
Re: One-Way Driver Kills Pedestrian In Lagos (Pictures) by Parachoko: 10:23am On Sep 30, 2022
crafteck:

Prison for man slaughter, what i meant was taking cars for using one way especially when it didn't lead to accident is not justified.
Whether it leads to accident or not, the person should not only lose his or her vehicle, such a person should be sentence to jail and also have his or her licence revoke.
Re: One-Way Driver Kills Pedestrian In Lagos (Pictures) by EdiskyHarry: 10:27am On Sep 30, 2022
oluwaseyi0:
death to one-way drivers and drunk drivers, they deserve no mercy

drivers who follow one way or drunk driving that result in the death of other road users should be charged for murder and sentence to death by hanging

we all need to be careful, especially drivers

unintentional and one-way driving cannot be in the same sentence
You have said my mind, God bless you.
Re: One-Way Driver Kills Pedestrian In Lagos (Pictures) by toxtimmy: 10:28am On Sep 30, 2022
Dude... Nigerians are worst than sick people... Mentally we can't compute and you can see this how we express ourselves in day to day live, as an example:

1. Any little disagreement with your fellow Nigerians dem go ask you "Do you know who I am?"... Of course na only witches and wizards they ask that kind silly question aka. mad people

2. You have any disagreement or confront (respectfully) Nigerians ... The next thing they say is "you dey craze"?... Of course na only witches and wizards they ask that kind silly question

3. They believe human rituals are legit ways to success... That's why police and government officials don't bother about human ritualist

4. We don't follow rules and regulation... i.e. Driving on one way; that's worst than madness, that's a car (i.e. a bullet from a gun) delibrating seeking who to finish up on the road

5. You give a Nigerian something to help themselves, instead of saying thank you, they say "god bless you"... We are lazy people... Funny thing is if you give a genuine hard / smart working Nigerian anything, they will just say thank you and show appreciation but the lazy ones say 'god bless you".

KIDfurniture:

tongue
Re: One-Way Driver Kills Pedestrian In Lagos (Pictures) by Wesely01(m): 10:28am On Sep 30, 2022
KIDfurniture:

tongue
hmmmm I still do the same in London O, I dey look left and right all the time.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Two Female Friends Die In Road Accident On New Year’s Eve. Graphic Photos / 3 Siblings Die After A Truck Rammed Into Their Mother's Shop In Ondo (Graphic) / Accident Survivors Celebrate With Bottles Of Beer On The Road In Imo

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.