Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,095 members, 7,821,786 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:26 PM

One-Way Driver Kills Pedestrian In Lagos (Pictures) - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / One-Way Driver Kills Pedestrian In Lagos (Pictures) (42088 Views)

Osun Poly Student, Olanrewaju Olatona Killed By Hit-And-Run One-Way Driver / Driver Arrested For Killing Pedestrian In Kosofe, Lagos / Speeding Driver Arrested After Knocking Down A Pedestrian In Lagos. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: One-Way Driver Kills Pedestrian In Lagos (Pictures) by EdiskyHarry: 10:29am On Sep 30, 2022
wagazala:
The law is still too draconian.

This driver should be charged ccording to his crime - 1. Driving one way and 2. Manslaughter.

There are many other people who have mistakenly found themselves on one way routes especially in this Lagos where 60% of road signs have been removed. They dont deserve their cars taken away from them.

Update: A lot of you have quoted me as being insensitive. My question is what happens to the cars of people who knock people down on the right lane? Or people dont get killed on the right lane, it is only one way?
The more you write, the more you look stupid before reasonable people.

1 Like

Re: One-Way Driver Kills Pedestrian In Lagos (Pictures) by okwusdaddy: 10:30am On Sep 30, 2022
wagazala:

This driver should be charged ccording to his crime - 1. Driving one way and 2. Manslaughter.

There are many other people who have mistakenly found themselves on one way routes especially in this Lagos where 60% of road signs have been removed. They dont deserve their cars taken away from them.

Update: A lot of you have quoted me as being insensitive. My question is what happens to the cars of people who knock people down on the right lane? Or people dont get killed on the right lane, it is only one way?
Just found out that Lagos is the only State in the world that auctions cars who drive on one way.A state were over 60 percent of the road signs have either been blown away by breeze or heavy downpour. Eko oni baje o!RIP to the dead.
Re: One-Way Driver Kills Pedestrian In Lagos (Pictures) by richie240: 10:31am On Sep 30, 2022
wagazala:

Be civil. You dont have to wish me bad for having an opinion different from yours na. Remember 4 fingers point back at you. grin
Apologies!
May dt kain tin not happen to us.
It's always easy to be 'rational' when we are on d other side of d 'fence', but I can bet it with u that no relative of any victim of such circumstance will reason along with u.

#He who feelzit knows it!
Here's one below:

OsuIgboIpob:
These bastard lawless goats have destroyed a lot. They've ruined a lot of dreams.
My 89 years old uncle was killed by one of them. Even though he was aged, he doesn't deserve to die like that. It was an hit-and-run driver that killed him...

Again, I want government to impose at least 15 years imprisonment and vehicle confiscation to all one-way traffic offenders.
No mercy
No please]
Re: One-Way Driver Kills Pedestrian In Lagos (Pictures) by Mom007(f): 10:32am On Sep 30, 2022
Its funny how the same people making laws on how to punish one way drivers for not doing the right thing are the ones responsible for fixing the roads which If they were in good condition, no one would have to ply one way in the first place! Just look at the roads in those pictures... In fact, forget pictures, look at the roads in your local environments... Ask yourself if indeed the government of our different states have any moral justification to punish anyone for anything without first punishing themselves first!
Anyway, RIP to the dead, its too bad you had to be born into a country like Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: One-Way Driver Kills Pedestrian In Lagos (Pictures) by LordEclipse: 10:34am On Sep 30, 2022
Lanrelagboi:

https://twitter.com/Egi_nupe_/status/1575722345796603904?t=geoPjeTD-j_M-PFUbDOYOQ&s=19
And people cry when government impounds vehicles?..if this guy is brought to my courtroom,I swear,he's doing NOTHING LESD than 15 years for manslaughter
Re: One-Way Driver Kills Pedestrian In Lagos (Pictures) by Morphinne: 10:37am On Sep 30, 2022
KIDfurniture:
Before crossing any road in Nigeria I always make sure I observe both sides. Nigerians are sick people.

tongue
Can y’all now see why seizing and auctioning out these defaulters cars is justifiable?
Here is a life taken never to be seen again just because of someone else’s stupidity. A one-way driver is potential murderer and should be treated as such, I’m 100% in support of Lagos State Government. They should just make sure there are video and pictural evidences at the point of each arrest. Nobody well for this Lagos.
Re: One-Way Driver Kills Pedestrian In Lagos (Pictures) by okwusdaddy: 10:38am On Sep 30, 2022
Itzurboi:
Nigerians are not ready for a sane society, una dey find UK sane setting with touch of Nigeria madness...
I support LASG on this.
In UK they don't auction people's cars for driving one way.They are not that desperate for money.There roads are good and the road signs are very clear that everyone even little children can see them.And traffic officers don't lure people into one way.Eko oni baje!
Re: One-Way Driver Kills Pedestrian In Lagos (Pictures) by Ofadaman(m): 10:42am On Sep 30, 2022
Meanwhile there are people who would begin to show sympathy to these tyrants when the Lagos state govt seizes and auction their vehicles.

This is simply and avoidable death , and this is someone loved one who may even be a breadwinner knocked down dead for nothing.

Drivers who take one way speed to avoid being caught, pedestrians who are in a hurry often do not observe the other side of the road after all a vehicle should come from that direction.
It's a mad country ,so be safe out there, look at both side of the road before crossing , don't just assume.
Re: One-Way Driver Kills Pedestrian In Lagos (Pictures) by Morphinne: 10:50am On Sep 30, 2022
okwusdaddy:

In UK they don't auction people's cars for driving one way.They are not that desperate for money.There roads are good and the road signs are very clear that everyone even little children can see them.And traffic officers don't lure people into one way.Eko oni baje!
And in the UK, the people are saner and don’t drive against traffic. Traffic offenses in the UK are mostly driving under influence and over speeding (traffic offenses are a serious offenses in the UK and they attract heavy fines). Keep supporting insanity all because of political correctness until you get knocked down by one of these reckless idiots. Not everything needs to be politicized. Obey traffic rules and regulations if you don’t want your vehicles seized and auctioned. It’s as simple as that. If you can’t do without driving against traffic, then relocate to your village and leave Lagos for people who are right in the head.
Re: One-Way Driver Kills Pedestrian In Lagos (Pictures) by Lifestone(m): 11:01am On Sep 30, 2022
wagazala:

Address the law and not the action. The sentiment here is that someone got killed. People also get killed when driving on the right lane, what happens to their cars then?

My point remains (someone killed or not) that it is too draconian to impound and auction a car for driving on one way. simple.
Interesting
Re: One-Way Driver Kills Pedestrian In Lagos (Pictures) by OceanRed(m): 11:17am On Sep 30, 2022
new2012:
People get killed coz the driver is driving in the right lane too, should the car get auctioned too?

Driving in one way is bad but each case should be judged by law courts, there are instances where the driver will require mental evaluation, car siezed, driver jailed etc.

but don't come out with weird ass laws, events are different and each must be looked at differently.
should u be caught on one way and no other significant event associated, a fine not exceeding minimum wage should suffice. fining ppl above minimum wage is barbaric and cruel
weird law my foot! no sensible person should drive in a one way road for goodness sake, thats why its called one way, we are talking of people getting killed for GOD sake! the dead also have families and loved ones that they are responsible for.
Re: One-Way Driver Kills Pedestrian In Lagos (Pictures) by Nobody: 11:22am On Sep 30, 2022
GreyBlood:
do you drive in Lagos? If you do you wouldn't be calling him a fool. Many of these officers are crooks and will even lure you into following 'unmarked' oneway path just to milk you.

I believe proper signs should be put in place in stragetic locations for one to be aware and not fall a victim.
someone just died for God sake but you a so foolish, selfish & blindly greedy.

But don't worry when you follow that one way n kill someone, peter obi won't be there to save ur ass
Re: One-Way Driver Kills Pedestrian In Lagos (Pictures) by Nobody: 11:22am On Sep 30, 2022
wagazala:

cheesy cheesy it takes one to know one.
ghedifuk
Re: One-Way Driver Kills Pedestrian In Lagos (Pictures) by happney65: 11:26am On Sep 30, 2022
KIDfurniture:
Before crossing any road in Nigeria I always make sure I observe both sides. Nigerians are sick people.

tongue

An extremely sick people we are. Very selfish set of people. When the law takes over now them go dey complain. Can he try that nonesense abroad? He just killed an innocent soul
Re: One-Way Driver Kills Pedestrian In Lagos (Pictures) by wagazala: 11:30am On Sep 30, 2022
Parachoko:
Fool

How can you be comparing person wey hit someone with his/her car on his lane with person wey totally leave his lane, and face incoming vehicles... Are you normal at all or you're just extremely retarded? In most countries you won't only go to jail, you will likely never drive again.

In most countries you won't only go to jail, you will likely never drive again. - Exactly my point!!

The punishment should be focused on the person and not the car. Haba!!
Re: One-Way Driver Kills Pedestrian In Lagos (Pictures) by wagazala: 11:33am On Sep 30, 2022
Hobbiton:
ghedifuk

My dear Hobbit. grin
Re: One-Way Driver Kills Pedestrian In Lagos (Pictures) by wagazala: 11:34am On Sep 30, 2022
EdiskyHarry:

The more you write, the more you look stupid before reasonable people.

Must you people insult. And you want to convince me that you are the sane one here?
Re: One-Way Driver Kills Pedestrian In Lagos (Pictures) by Aycol1(m): 11:55am On Sep 30, 2022
If the road is okay, what would made the man pass through one way. Crucify the genesis of the problem, not the immediate
Re: One-Way Driver Kills Pedestrian In Lagos (Pictures) by KIDfurniture(m): 12:40pm On Sep 30, 2022
Bros I Survived this exact carelessness. Imagine driving home after work on ur single normal lane oh. Next thing u see ahead of u is an incoming vehicle high speed when I just finished a bend. My brother I don’t know how it happened. I just closed my eyes and gbam , somehow I escaped.

Since then, my brother even on one lane I always look both left & right oh.

happney65:

An extremely sick people we are. Very selfish set of people. When the law takes over now them go dey complain. Can he try that nonesense abroad? He just killed an innocent soul
Re: One-Way Driver Kills Pedestrian In Lagos (Pictures) by Jungleluv5: 1:39pm On Sep 30, 2022
Where are the sympathizers of the auction vehicles let them out now and say something about this.
Re: One-Way Driver Kills Pedestrian In Lagos (Pictures) by Shormiey(m): 1:51pm On Sep 30, 2022
OsuIgboIpob:
These bastard lawless goats have destroyed a lot. They've ruined a lot of dreams.
My 89 years old uncle was killed by one of them. Even though he was aged, he doesn't deserve to die like that. It was an hit-and-run driver that killed him...

Again, I want government to impose at least 15 years imprisonment and vehicle confiscation to all one-way traffic offenders.
No mercy
No please
A one-way traffic offender is not different from an armed robber.

WHERE ARE THOSE PIGS WRITING RUBBISH THE OTHER DAY, WHEN SOME VEHICLES WERE AUCTIONED?

E NOR GO BETTER FOR ALL OF UNA.
BASTARDS!
I like as they auction all those vehicles.....let all of them be talking rubbish....

2 Likes

Re: One-Way Driver Kills Pedestrian In Lagos (Pictures) by Fearyourcreator: 2:04pm On Sep 30, 2022
wagazala:

Nawa ooo
Re: One-Way Driver Kills Pedestrian In Lagos (Pictures) by Fearyourcreator: 2:07pm On Sep 30, 2022
wagazala:

This one way thing doesn't affect any governor minister or what so ever ... Its still the masses that will die
Re: One-Way Driver Kills Pedestrian In Lagos (Pictures) by Fearyourcreator: 2:12pm On Sep 30, 2022
ibrosantus:

Is not about Ember period, it's we people that are too wicked with our useless attitude. Later we will point bad finger at government if they do the needful.
Nigerians looks very hard to govern ... We hate laws... I have anything discipline... Either we start emotional blackmail or start ethnicity stuffs when culprit is about to be punished... Only the government dont build a nation ... The people should involve themselves too

1 Like

Re: One-Way Driver Kills Pedestrian In Lagos (Pictures) by adenike21273: 2:17pm On Sep 30, 2022
Before crossing any road in Nigeria I always make sure I observe both sides. Nigerians are sick people. Before crossing any road in Nigeria I always make sure I observe both sides. Nigerians are sick people. ...
Re: One-Way Driver Kills Pedestrian In Lagos (Pictures) by GboyegaD(m): 2:33pm On Sep 30, 2022
wagazala:

I'm sure the custodians of the law are not robots. They establish those who mistakenly drive one way from those who intentionally did.
Re: One-Way Driver Kills Pedestrian In Lagos (Pictures) by Bintabisiriyu: 2:51pm On Sep 30, 2022
KIDfurniture:

tongue

i always do that, Danfo drivers can't trust them, even as they ban okada we feel it but our roads are now clear and decongested, can even wear headset in my street
Re: One-Way Driver Kills Pedestrian In Lagos (Pictures) by crafteck(m): 2:55pm On Sep 30, 2022
Parachoko:
Whether it leads to accident or not, the person should not only lose his or her vehicle, such a person should be sentence to jail and also have his or her licence revoke.

Same with overspeeding, illegal lane takeover, slowing down by the road side to ask for directions and all other traffic infractions right? Cos all of them can lead to accident, phone calls while driving too.
Re: One-Way Driver Kills Pedestrian In Lagos (Pictures) by Matthew2925(m): 3:00pm On Sep 30, 2022
Continue to rest in perfect peace.
Re: One-Way Driver Kills Pedestrian In Lagos (Pictures) by Parachoko: 3:31pm On Sep 30, 2022
crafteck:

Same with overspeeding, illegal lane takeover, slowing down by the road side to ask for directions and all other traffic infractions right? Cos all of them can lead to accident, phone calls while driving too.
There is a difference between voluntary and involuntary manslaughter, the consequences for this crimes are not the same.

There are consequences when you overspeed, slow down by the road side to ask for direction and other traffic infractions you talk about and the punishments are not the same.

There is different punishment for each crime.

There is no where in the world where the punishment for traffic infractions are the same. Name one single country you know that have just a single punishment for every traffic offense. Just name one.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Two Female Friends Die In Road Accident On New Year’s Eve. Graphic Photos / 3 Siblings Die After A Truck Rammed Into Their Mother's Shop In Ondo (Graphic) / Accident Survivors Celebrate With Bottles Of Beer On The Road In Imo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.