Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,724 members, 7,809,759 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:25 PM

735i's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 735i's Profile / 735i's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 31 pages)

Politics / Re: Customs Reduces Exchange Rate For Import Duties Payment by 735i(m): 10:55pm On Apr 19
PressMyButton:

Customs shouldn't generate revenue?, Is there any customs in the world that doesn't generate revenue from relevant custom duties?. Our border should be thrown wide open for all kinds of commodities coming in and going out?, stop clowning.

Apparently, you're one of the "not bright" ones. Setting revenue targets from import duties is counter intuitive.
If you hire a security guard to stop people from accessing your property, and you tell your security guard to "generate" a fixed amount monthly... what will he do?
Either allow people in for a fee, or set up a kisok and becomes negligent to his actual responsibility.

Just so you know, all sorts of commodities are coming into Nigeria... and the customs personnel are smiling to the bank... so YOU can keep being a 🤡
Politics / Re: Customs Reduces Exchange Rate For Import Duties Payment by 735i(m): 5:19pm On Apr 19
PressMyButton:

You're a joke, a very big joke. You guys just sit behind your phone spewing trash. Would you rather we encourage excessive importation at the detriment of the naira?, knowing the much lower the custom rate, the more pressure on the dollar. At this point, we can't afford too low custom rate while stabilizing the naira, else it will be counter-productive.

The effort should be on completely removing export bottlenecks.
What you don't realize is that it's easier to import into Nigeria than it is to export out of Nigeria.
Also, in reality, customs shouldn't be focused on generating revenue. How can a gatekeeper be charged with generating revenue?

22 Likes

Car Talk / Re: The 2021 Accord Is Not A Car,it's A Complete Animal! by 735i(m): 1:00pm On Apr 19
SeaTrade:
That's even the 1.5T,
I wonder what you'll say when you jam the 2.0T grin
Eating dust things.
Honestly, [s]Japan has quickly caught up with their German counterparts[/s].

Brother, this is blasphemy. Let's not do this please
Autos / Re: 2020 Model Benz Gle350 Toks Full Option Good Deal by 735i(m): 4:20pm On Apr 07
Clean ride.

But the GLE350 is actually a turbocharged 4 cylinder engine.
Business / Re: Naira Makes List Of 15 Worst Currencies Against The US Dollar - Statisense by 735i(m): 6:29pm On Mar 20
Treadway:
just as I suspected. And this one considers himself a professional in the asset investment/management space. Darn shame you don't hold your own and certainly are not worth your weight in gold. Run along lucky chap (turns out you're just lucky, certainly not very bright).

Ps: I can know more than IMF o...cos math doesn't lie and you don't know the math. Just as Biology doesn't lie, but your oyinbo lords turn logic on its head and say there are scores of genders and transgender is a thing. Until you and IMF can show me the math answer to my question, your claim remains trash and is irrelevant to this thread, as numbers are what we're dealing with on this one, not 'balablu'.

Okay Mr. Unlucky. Stay dumb....and keep calling people smarter than you lucky.
Business / Re: Naira Makes List Of 15 Worst Currencies Against The US Dollar - Statisense by 735i(m): 6:27pm On Mar 20
Treadway:
smh. The thing wey dey pain me pass be that person wey you disqualify. Life is unfair o. I so much believe now that the fella you disqualified was likey right in his assertion, but as life don give you unfair advantage/power over him in that situation, what can he do??

Yes you can still owe. Using the analogy of the question I posed to you, when Dele gets to the market hoping to buy 4 packs of indomie noodles with his 150, he certainly will NOT be able to buy said 4 packs today unless he borrows from his friend Tobi, or unless he undertakes to owe Bola the indomie seller the balance. That is a negative! Explain that to the IMF slowly just as you'd explain to the delusional geng that due to our chromosomes we are largely either male or female..yea argue that with those who like you want to turn basic precepts on its head without fact/a basis/ proof to back it up.

You're welcome.

You're all over the place confusing yourself. @the bolded, owe who? Bola the indomie seller? At what interest rate? To pay when? Is the debt interest free? You're tilting towards derivatives which you have zero knowledge about and which will confuse you further.
Simple concepts are already hard enough for you.

Brah, dip!!!
Business / Re: Naira Makes List Of 15 Worst Currencies Against The US Dollar - Statisense by 735i(m): 1:28pm On Mar 20
Treadway:
lol. Words are cheap, so it's easy to call them 'slow' or to disqualify that chap by saying he is wrong with mere explanations that don't stick or 'google what IMF says'

Tell you what, how about you assert yourself. Prove you are right, not with words, but basic elementary math, and I will gladly concede to your point as the reasonable fellow that I am.

If a man called Dele had 150 naira in pocket in 2015, when that amount was equal to a dollar, and then went into a coma for 9 years only to regain consciousness today, by what percentage (positive or negative) has his 150naira depreciated relative to the same dollar as of today?

Abeg just show the math and your answer (remember this thread/report is about numbers not words), and you did say you are in the numbers game, which is great cos math is irrefutable and doesn't lie. No shalaye needed.

Thanks

Cc politeactivist, as you also asserted that his point/math was right.

This one is above you. Even if I tried to break it down further, if the capacity to understand isn't there, it didn't dey.
If you belive you know more than the IMF, then I can't have a debate with you. Got better things to do with my time.
Business / Re: Naira Makes List Of 15 Worst Currencies Against The US Dollar - Statisense by 735i(m): 7:40pm On Mar 19
Treadway:
I think there is a good chance you disqualified that chap wrongly. If what has played out today here is anything to go by, the chap was probably right and you were likely wrong but didn't even know it. Unfortunately, we all (the chap included) will never know who was right or wrong. Today and here tho, you def fumbled on this one.
Fumbled? Because a couple of slow people have opinions on Nairaland?
At least you guys can look this stuff up na. Educate yourselves. There's an IMF journal on this that comes up when you throw this question on Google.
Even if it's 3mins, read it, learn!!!
Business / Re: Naira Makes List Of 15 Worst Currencies Against The US Dollar - Statisense by 735i(m): 11:24pm On Mar 18
PoliteActivist:

You're obviously right. But see how you got only 1 like because people don't understand math cheesy

Lol. I don't care about the likes tbh. I once disqualified a chap interviewing for Senior Associate role in investment banking because not only did he not understand it, he actually insisted he was right till the very end of the interview.
This was despite my trying repeatedly to break it down for him.
It's mind boggling how people are not open to learning and unlearning.

1 Like

Business / Re: Naira Makes List Of 15 Worst Currencies Against The US Dollar - Statisense by 735i(m): 11:08pm On Mar 18
Chibuezem:
you don't what's going on

I do. You can actually research this yourself. Or... no need. It's simple logic. Just think through it. 1,000 minus 100% is what?
Now think 1,000 minus 200% will be what? Can a currency be negative? As in, you have N1,000 and you're still owing. Owing who exactly?
Business / Re: Naira Makes List Of 15 Worst Currencies Against The US Dollar - Statisense by 735i(m): 11:05pm On Mar 18
Daystar7:

Go back to sch abeg... 😒

I assume your phone is smart, so it'd have a calculator.
Now, assume exchange rate at the beginning of the year was N1,200.
On your calculator, punch in N1,200 minus 100%.
Tell me what your answer is.

You see, your phone is smart, but you're not.
Business / Re: Naira Makes List Of 15 Worst Currencies Against The US Dollar - Statisense by 735i(m): 11:05pm On Mar 18
PepeXKermit:

If them say make una take scbool and logic serious una go say no. But look at yoyr reasoning...

I assume your phone is smart, so it'd have a calculator.
Now, assume exchange rate at the beginning of the year was N1,200.
On your calculator, punch in N1,200 minus 100%.
Tell me what your answer is.

You see, your phone is smart, but you're not.
Business / Re: Naira Makes List Of 15 Worst Currencies Against The US Dollar - Statisense by 735i(m): 10:06pm On Mar 18
It is impossible for a currency to depreciate by over 100%. This is shabby reporting.
It's true that the currencies listed have performed very badly, but their computations are wrong.

For a currency to be negative 100, it means that you holding the currency is you owing in USD, which is impossible.

5 Likes 1 Share

Business / Re: Shyngle: Herbert Wigwe’s Father Slumps, Rushed To Hospital by 735i(m): 10:07pm On Mar 09
Calitoscassius:
Okay, if you say so, i can still fork your sisters, your daughters and maybe even you.. grin grin

Tiff Wigwe is still dead and i am here.. why don't you join Tiff wigwe? Dead man's ass llicker, your nose is still stuck up his ass even though he is dead.

Please, what does ojuelegba mean? There is not need coming out with all these jargonised words, if i don't know what they mean, from kuli kuli to
ojuelegba wanna be? undecided atleast tell me what they mean..
I done baff, I wan sleep. May H.W torment you in your dreams. Oluku
Business / Re: Shyngle: Herbert Wigwe’s Father Slumps, Rushed To Hospital by 735i(m): 9:53pm On Mar 09
Calitoscassius:
With all your emotional meltdown on here about tiff wigwe's death you are no difference from me.

I though you said it is N14,500? Now it is 900? Make your forking mind up! grin

Okay, if you say it is 900 that is fine too, tomorrow first thing i am witdrawing the 900 use it to buy some weed after i will come fork you and your sisters ass!.

Please what does kuli kuli mean? Where can i buy it? Will it make me high? I will buy it if it will make me high like coka.

This morron thinks i give a shit! grin
No matter what it is you take, you're still gonna be impotent... you this ojuelegba Eminem wanna be
Business / Re: Shyngle: Herbert Wigwe’s Father Slumps, Rushed To Hospital by 735i(m): 9:30pm On Mar 09
Calitoscassius:
grin cheesy cheesy cheesy good! Now you know me, i would still like to get filty hands on some of tiff wigwe's money, so i can use the money to sniff coka and fork your sisters..
Fantasy. Even impotent men are allowed to fantasize.
When you're done, go and withdraw N900 from your Access bank account and use it to buy kuli kuli and groundnut.
Business / Re: Shyngle: Herbert Wigwe’s Father Slumps, Rushed To Hospital by 735i(m): 9:26pm On Mar 09
blueAgent:

Ignore that Fool, he is seeking attention.

For some weird reason.... I will get into the gutters today. I will "suffer not a witch to live"

1 Like

Business / Re: Shyngle: Herbert Wigwe’s Father Slumps, Rushed To Hospital by 735i(m): 9:21pm On Mar 09
Calitoscassius:
As i said, go join wigwe if you care that much.
His time is not done, hs was killed by a helicopter accident. Anyway, he has extorted enough from poor people.

I don't give a shit who remembers me or how they remember me, i am still here but wigwe is dead! atleast i remember wigwe as a tiff and con man who extorted money from poor folk through access banks.

I am guessing your ass will live forever then. grin grin grin

I would like to get my hands on some of his billions so i can use them to fork some Russian prostitutes and your sisters, drink some champaign and sniff coka.. grin

Truly. No one will remember you. You're a vermin, a scum of the earth, and a liability to everyone who has the misfortune of knowing you.
Your fantasies are a reflection of what you are: a sad degenerate, who's miserable life in the shadows remains a torment for the oafs who bore you.
Business / Re: Shyngle: Herbert Wigwe’s Father Slumps, Rushed To Hospital by 735i(m): 8:39pm On Mar 09
Calitoscassius:
Well.. Mr Wigwe is dead but i am still here laughing at his dead ass.. grin even though i am poor with my infact, N6000 not even up to N14,000.

I think you should join Mr tiff wigwe where ever da fork he is. If his dead pains you that much.

Infact, the way you are mourning his death you may join him soon.

The difference between you and HW is time.
His time here on earth is done. Your time will also run out eventually.
But one thing is certain, decades after you pass, H.W will still be remembered for good all over the world.
What will you be remembered for? Being a troll on Nairaland?

1 Like 1 Share

Business / Re: Shyngle: Herbert Wigwe’s Father Slumps, Rushed To Hospital by 735i(m): 8:35pm On Mar 09
naija4life247:

You need mental evaluation

🤣🤣🤣🤣
Coming from you? That's rather rich 😅😆😆
Business / Re: Shyngle: Herbert Wigwe’s Father Slumps, Rushed To Hospital by 735i(m): 8:13pm On Mar 09
Calitoscassius:
Yea, all that money access bank extorted and still extorting from their customers.

When a rich thief dies he becomes a saint in the eyes of foolish people like you.

Robin hood was still a thief. Only the difference is Robin hood stole only from the rich.

The money you and your extended family have in Access bank is not up to N14,450.

If you feel you're being extorted, withdraw your money and put it in the community bank your father established na...

Oh.. sorry, he doesn't have any, because he is a good man, therefore he is also poor.

1 Like 1 Share

Business / Re: Shyngle: Herbert Wigwe’s Father Slumps, Rushed To Hospital by 735i(m): 6:31pm On Mar 09
HayTerran:
A man who contributed a lot to the rot that bedevil Nigeria but because he was a rich man, everyone is trying to famz. I won't be a part of such.

A typical Nigerian blames everyone for their misfortune except himself/herself.

Go and watch the tribute night held for him. It's on YouTube.
Ask randomly, any of the 28,000 Access bank staff who work with him. Hear what they have to say.
Here's a man who's taken a hitherto local Nigerian bank, global.
A man who started a University, and prior to his demise, has gone round scouting for scholarships for indigent students.

Nobody needs you to famz. What you think is actually not important.
But I dare you, I dare you to be a better man than H.W in a thousand lifetimes.
Even if you live a million years, you won't touch as much lives as he touched in 57years.

1 Like 1 Share

Car Talk / Re: Which Car Is Your Next Car To Buy And Why by 735i(m): 7:09pm On Mar 08
2021 GLE 450.
The money never dey oh, but e must complete before the end of this year!
Career / Re: At What Point Did You Realise You Were In The Wrong Profession? by 735i(m): 1:05pm On Feb 21
After 5 years in the industry, I evaluated the lives of my bosses who were at managerial level and were still tenants in Ikorodu. I knew it wasn't the life i wanted for myself. Had to dip immediately.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Politics / Re: Naira In Transition, Not Jinxed – Bismarck Rewane by 735i(m): 1:32pm On Feb 06
People still listen to this political jobber?
Car Talk / Re: Does A Non-lagos Plate Get Captured By Payvis.ng? by 735i(m): 10:37am On Feb 05
ospreywin:

There's a network interruption with the website, wait until next week or contact me for rebate.

Rebate ke? As per you'd be able to secure some discount? Because my own bill in now over 60k. I'm contemplating getting new plates from Abuja sef.
Politics / Re: Governor Chukwuma Soludo Meets With Traditional Rulers by 735i(m): 2:59pm On Jan 24
I knew they'd advice this stupid boy to retrace his steps.

You no fit finish food wey community cook for you. Especially when Obi of Onitsha dey kitchen.
Politics / Re: ‘your Letter Lacks Respect’ — Obi Of Onitsha Tackles Soludo’s Commissioner by 735i(m): 9:11am On Jan 19
badoh:

Stop hyping your Obi. Ganduje dethroned Sanusi and nothing happened. I'm sure Sanusi will still be biting his fingers. These traditional rulers have no power under the constitution and are under the control of the local govt chairmen. If Obi is not careful, they will show him the other side of politics and he will be gone.

Soludo will NOT dare it. Whether he has the powers to or not. I repeat, Soludo will NOT dare it. The Obi of Onitsha is as powerful as he is respected.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Politics / Re: FG Strained To Meet 650m Barrels Target Over Crude-backed Loans by 735i(m): 9:24am On Jan 16
Akwamkpuruamu:
I'm yet to see the amount of money and figures Nigeria makes from Gold in Zamfara

That statistic will never see the light of day. Dele Alake is trying to beam a flashlight into that zone, so expect to see terrorism rise as is their modus operandi when they don't want the government in their business.

1 Like

Jobs/Vacancies / Re: Your Task Is To Spoil A Job Interview In The First 30 Seconds What Will You Do by 735i(m): 9:55pm On Nov 30, 2023
etrange:

Wetin carry Naija enter this conversation now? Who said the thread only applies to Nigerian interviews? Neither the OP nor your comment specifically mentioned Naija. Be calming down.

Lol. I no vex oh. Na just cruise I dey oh. Collect two bottle of your regular where you dey... send me the bill.
Fight no dey am.
Jobs/Vacancies / Re: Your Task Is To Spoil A Job Interview In The First 30 Seconds What Will You Do by 735i(m): 5:07pm On Nov 30, 2023
etrange:

At my former place of work, Fridays were half-day during summer and they served bear on Fridays too. So the interviewer might just answer in the affirmative. cheesy

Shebi you mentioned "summer"? Shey summer dey naija ni?

1 Like

Jobs/Vacancies / Re: Your Task Is To Spoil A Job Interview In The First 30 Seconds What Will You Do by 735i(m): 9:53am On Nov 30, 2023
My first statement will be: I hope Friday is half day and you guys serve alcohol during lunch?

78 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 31 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.