Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,597 members, 7,809,168 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:38 AM

Why Being Selective When Choosing A Life Partner? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Being Selective When Choosing A Life Partner? (613 Views)

Which One Comes First, When Choosing A Life Partner; Prayer Or Friendship. / Should Religion Matter Above Love In Choosing A Life Partner? / God's Role In Choice Of A Life Partner And Marriage For Christians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Being Selective When Choosing A Life Partner? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:34am On Oct 01, 2022
According to God's law Israelites mustn't marry people of other nations {Deuteronomy 7:3-4} and according to the first century Christians there shouldn't be any marriage alliance between a Christian and none Christian. 1Corinthians 7:39
WHY such principle?

Re: Why Being Selective When Choosing A Life Partner? by drmuchin: 1:23pm On Oct 01, 2022
Evil Company corrupts good manbers

2 Likes

Re: Why Being Selective When Choosing A Life Partner? by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:27pm On Oct 01, 2022
drmuchin:
Evil Company corrupts good manbers
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm but they both claimed they love each other in the beginning! undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Being Selective When Choosing A Life Partner? by Wilgrea7(m): 2:21pm On Oct 01, 2022
Wow... Maximus is looking to get married. I'm proud of you son.

Anyways... Being selective in and of itself is not an issue. It's called preference. What you base your selections on however, is where the debate is.
Re: Why Being Selective When Choosing A Life Partner? by Dtruthspeaker: 2:46pm On Oct 01, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm but they both claimed they love each other in the beginning! undecided

Is the love of a Wore the same as the love of the good Samaritan?
Re: Why Being Selective When Choosing A Life Partner? by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:11pm On Oct 01, 2022
Wilgrea7:

Wow... Maximus is looking to get married. I'm proud of you son.
Anyways... Being selective in and of itself is not an issue. It's called preference. What you base your selections on however, is where the debate is.
Mr Atheist, i'm a 50+ grandpa happily married to a JW like myself so nobody don't expect any tangible contribution from an atheist in this case! wink

1 Like

Re: Why Being Selective When Choosing A Life Partner? by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:12pm On Oct 01, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Is the love of a Wore the same as the love of the good Samaritan?
Somehow we judge from outward appearance but the heart matters! smiley

1 Like

Re: Why Being Selective When Choosing A Life Partner? by Dtruthspeaker: 3:20pm On Oct 01, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Somehow we judge from outward appearance but the heart matters! smiley

By their fruits we know!

1 Like

Re: Why Being Selective When Choosing A Life Partner? by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:31pm On Oct 01, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

By their fruits we know!
Is the FRUIT based on individual differences or group differences?

1 Like

Re: Why Being Selective When Choosing A Life Partner? by VenumX: 5:46pm On Oct 01, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Mr Atheist, i'm a 50+ grandpa happily married to a JW like myself so nobody don't expect any tangible contribution from an atheist in this case! wink

You are not even ashamed of yourself that you have gained zero respect in this forum and you are still here exhibiting your islama toxic traits.

Dumb f@g.

2 Likes

Re: Why Being Selective When Choosing A Life Partner? by VenumX: 5:48pm On Oct 01, 2022
MaxInDHouse:
According to God's law Israelites mustn't marry people of other nations {Deuteronomy 7:3-4} and according to the first century Christians there shouldn't be any marriage alliance between a Christian and none Christian. 1Corinthians 7:39
WHY such principle?

That your mumu wife must have been really desperate to marry a daft uncircumcised islama like you.

2 Likes

Re: Why Being Selective When Choosing A Life Partner? by Dtruthspeaker: 1:05pm On Oct 02, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Is the FRUIT based on individual differences or group differences?

Don't care! But no matter the farm where pepper comes from, pepper will always be pepper and mango will always be mango.
Re: Why Being Selective When Choosing A Life Partner? by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:32pm On Oct 02, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Don't care! But no matter the farm where pepper comes from, pepper will always be pepper and mango will always be mango.
Well Jesus' statement at Matthew 7:16 is about different trees (religions) the performance of the members collectivel is what Jesus meant by fruit. Each false religion is headed by a man or woman who is the prophet so the collective performance of the members of that religion is the fruit of that religion.

If it's to be taken individually then there's no need talking against any religion after all it's an individual thing so in all religions claiming denominations in Christendom people can work for Jesus which is not true! smiley

1 Like

Re: Why Being Selective When Choosing A Life Partner? by Dtruthspeaker: 1:37pm On Oct 02, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

If it's to be taken individually then there's no need talking against any religion after all it's an individual thing...

I agree which is why I always wait for their individual fruits, after that, I speak.

1 Like

Re: Why Being Selective When Choosing A Life Partner? by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:45pm On Oct 02, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

I agree which is why I always wait for their individual fruits, after that, I speak.

Jesus disagree that's why he emphasized the need to watch out for the teachings of certain groups:
Keep your eyes open and watch out for the leaven of the Pharisees and Sadducees" Matthew 16:6
Then they grasped that he said to watch out, not for the leaven of bread, but for the TEACHING of the Pharisees and Sadducees Matthew 16:12

Do you think a member of any of those two sects can inherit God's Kingdom even though he or she is nice?
If Satan could penetrate into the Jewish religious system with his evil teaching the same could happen to different sects claiming denominations in Christendom with contradicting teachings and conflicting doctrines! Luke 11:23 smiley

2 Likes

Re: Why Being Selective When Choosing A Life Partner? by SeniorMan715(m): 8:15pm On Nov 07, 2022
There was a time i suspected that i had a deadly virus, though i didn't run test on myself but i prayed to God to help me and change the result to negative and i also promise God that if the result is negative i will serve him and i won't marry, later i did the test and it was negative, so i can't tell if God did it or i was negative , should i keep my words to God ?
Re: Why Being Selective When Choosing A Life Partner? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:40pm On Nov 07, 2022
SeniorMan715:
There was a time i suspected that i had a deadly virus, though i
didn't run test on myself but i prayed to God to help me and
change the result to negative and i also promise God that if the
result is negative i will serve him and i won't marry, later i did the
test and it was negative, so i can't tell if God did it or i was negative
, should i keep my words to God ?

You didn't make such promise with knowledge so you're not accountable to whatever you've done in the past before you know the truth about God! smiley

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Two Prophets Told Me That I Have Crown On My Head. / Spare Parts In Heaven / How To Test For The Truth?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.