Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,405 members, 7,836,627 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:43 AM

What Has Obi Done To Deserve being President? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Has Obi Done To Deserve being President? (3405 Views)

Buhari: I Don’t Miss Being President / Being President Is For Your Benefit, Not Me, Atiku Tells Nigerian Youths / Afenifere: Time For Buhari To Choose Between Being President Of Nigeria And... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Has Obi Done To Deserve being President? by baretalk: 12:37pm On Oct 02, 2022
Great2017:

When did IGR become
the parameter for measuring good governance?
If it's not, what is?

Stories and lies?

Now I know you are a flat head fool cheesy

IGR is an indication of economic expansion, these states have better infrastructure than Anambra, all the states listed there. A state survives off taxation, volume of taxation is a direct indication of how developed and progressive a state is.

Please hope you are not an illiterate, you comprehend right?
Re: What Has Obi Done To Deserve being President? by PDPdestroyer(m): 12:39pm On Oct 02, 2022
baretalk:

We need to open the eyes of the young youths, they don't really have the facts. Tinubu is a worker not talker. Numbers don't lie.
You're right about "opening the eyes of the youths" but this cancel culture and mob mentality together with the constant urge to feel among won't let them rationalise anything you tell them. To them, it's about following what's trending, rather than a need to put the right persons in the right places. But we can't afford to give up though, I give you a thumbs up for the efforts

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Has Obi Done To Deserve being President? by baretalk: 12:43pm On Oct 02, 2022
PDPdestroyer:

You're right about "opening the eyes of the youths" but this cancel culture and mob mentality together with the constant urge to feel among won't let them rationalise anything you tell them. To them, it's about following what's trending, rather than a need to put the right persons in the right places. But we can't afford to give up though, I give you a thumbs up for the efforts
You dey on point. The youths na follow follow, labor capitalizing in their ignorance. Obi is empty.

1 Like

Re: What Has Obi Done To Deserve being President? by Great2017: 12:46pm On Oct 02, 2022
baretalk:

If it's not, what is?

Stories and lies?

Now I know you are a flat head fool cheesy

You are the real flat head fool here. If you are not, you should have known that the lies and falsehood of bogus IGR that more than 80% of it ends in the private pocket of politicians is not a measure of good governance. Where is transparency and accountability in your alleged good governance? Myopic dunce. Remove the log in your eyes first before thinking of removing the spec in my eye.
Re: What Has Obi Done To Deserve being President? by baretalk: 12:47pm On Oct 02, 2022
Great2017:

You are the real flat head fool here. If you are not, you should have known that the lies and falsehood of bogus IGR that more than 80% of it ends in the private pocket of politicians is not a measure of good governance.
Obi's score card as governor, Anambra carry last. Obi keep money, Obaino clean out cheesy

If you know you know.

Re: What Has Obi Done To Deserve being President? by Great2017: 12:50pm On Oct 02, 2022
baretalk:

Obi's score card as governor, Anambra carry last. Obi keep money, Obaino clean out cheesy

If you know you know.

That is your opinion. Nigerians will make their informed opinions
Re: What Has Obi Done To Deserve being President? by Idiotseverywher: 12:52pm On Oct 02, 2022
baretalk:

Nigerians see what this idiot wrote.

Is this what we want, another failure?

Idiot this is Nigeria, we need a sound leader not an empty vessel, just because be is Igbo. You people don't like Nigeria, I can see clearly now.
. You are and idiot, go through all your post, you only come here to insult your father, why are you so aggressive and filled up with hate, you better go and commit suicide because you are not a human being

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Has Obi Done To Deserve being President? by 00FFT00(m): 1:04pm On Oct 02, 2022
baretalk:
Can someone tell me why I should praise and celebrate obi, when he has not done anything for Nigeria or Anambra?

Or are you people just supporting him because he is Igbo, I don't understand. What has Obi done before for anyone?

Nigerian youths think for once, not just following crowd, what really has obi done in the past, what is his track record?

This is how you fools will get disappointed, putting too much faith in an empty vessel.

I need answers.

First ten states Anambra is not there, is this what Obi supporters with their noise want Obi to come do in Nigeria?

He has small head and small brain, as clearly shown, Lagos is number 1, Anambra is not in top 10. Nigerians choose between failure and success. Obi is a pretender, he is a thief. Where did Anambra money go, idiots said he saved 20billion, check the numbers here.

Yekini Amoda Ogunlere alias Bola Tinubu left the Lagos state government in 2007. The Only influence he still has in Lagos is his criminal fleecing of that state's resources through Godfatherism and it's devastating effects on the economy of the state.

Second, the statistics you quoted are not Tinubu's achievements, but the results of the convergence of Nigerians from all over the country who daily toil and contribute to the economy of Nigeria's former capital and still business capital.

And finally, if Nigerians from all walks of life and ethnicity decide to side with Peter obi, shame unto you and your small-mindedness to reduce their hope and aspirations to tribal sentiments.

Peter Obi is an Igboman, a Nigerian citizen, a Nigerian presidential candidate, and a leading contender, unlike the thief and corrupt, senile narcotics dealer you support. Thank God, more and more Nigerians agree, and more join that league everyday new day.
Re: What Has Obi Done To Deserve being President? by baretalk: 1:05pm On Oct 02, 2022
00FFT00:

Yekini Amoda Ogunlere
alias Bola Tinubu left the Lagos state government in 2007. The Only influence he still has in Lagos is his criminal fleecing of that state's resources through Godfatherism and it's devastating effects on the economy of the state.

Second, the statistics you quoted are not Tinubu's achievements, but the results of the convergence of Nigerians from all over the country who daily toil and contribute to the economy of Nigeria's former capital and still business capital.

And finally, if Nigerians from all walks of life and ethnicity decide to side with Peter obi, shame unto you and your small-mindedness to reduce their hope and aspirations to tribal sentiments.

Peter Obi is an Igboman, a Nigerian citizen, a Nigerian presidential candidate, and a leading contender, unlike the thief and corrupt, senile narcotics dealer you support. Thank God, more and more Nigerians agree, and more join that league everyday new day.
Birds of same feather flock together. Obi is a crook, most of you are too daft to understand.

Re: What Has Obi Done To Deserve being President? by 00FFT00(m): 1:21pm On Oct 02, 2022
baretalk:

Birds of same feather flock together. Obi is a crook, most of you are too daft to understand.

Ostracize tribalism from your life and be better for it.
Re: What Has Obi Done To Deserve being President? by TheNiceGuy(m): 1:26pm On Oct 02, 2022
Aregbesola has not been invited either.

Meanwhile Obi has been caught with Government money cash.

Keep your delusions to yourself
Nigeriafirstlad:

He's the only governor not invited by EFFC after office.

With that alone I am sure that I am not voting for a thief.

Follow your instinct.
Re: What Has Obi Done To Deserve being President? by PROUDIGBO(m): 1:31pm On Oct 02, 2022
baretalk:

The reason all your brothers come to Lagos and beg for place to sell is testament of the glory of Lagos. Lagos earns highest IGR, Lagos is the safest city and state. Igbos own less than 1% of the wealth in Lagos, owning a few houses and shops in a state means you depend on the state for survival. Your fathers are always begging so Lagos state government don't shut down their marker. That stale lie can only convince flaat heads. Igbos are just hustling to survive in Lagos, they didn't build or own shit. Do you know when Europeans and Indians have started coming into Lagos to trade and live?

Way before igbos started coming out to southwest region, am talking of late 1800's idiot.

Don’t know why sane people are engaging with an obvious vile bigot like you!

Fact of the matter is even if Ndigbo present a Lee Kuan Yuw for president, once your bigoted brain hears he’s Igbo, that’s automatic disqualification for him!

Lagos this…Lagos that! You think the criminal advantages Lagos acquired over other cities in Nigeria (esp’ coastal cities) happened just like that….or happened just because one deceitful, greedy and thieving fool became its governor in 1999!?
Re: What Has Obi Done To Deserve being President? by ImperialYoruba: 1:38pm On Oct 02, 2022
baretalk:
Can someone tell me why I should praise and celebrate obi, when he has not done anything for Nigeria or Anambra?

Or are you people just supporting him because he is Igbo, I don't understand. What has Obi done before for anyone?

Nigerian youths think for once, not just following crowd, what really has obi done in the past, what is his track record?

This is how you fools will get disappointed, putting too much faith in an empty vessel.

I need answers.

First ten states Anambra is not there, is this what Obi supporters with their noise want Obi to come do in Nigeria?

He has small head and small brain, as clearly shown, Lagos is number 1, Anambra is not in top 10. Nigerians choose between failure and success. Obi is a pretender, he is a thief. Where did Anambra money go, idiots said he saved 20billion, check the numbers here.

Built a brewery to increase alcohol consumption and get youths drunk. Crime went up with the increase in intoxication.

1 Like

Re: What Has Obi Done To Deserve being President? by baretalk: 1:39pm On Oct 02, 2022
quote author=ImperialYoruba post=117199804]

Built a brewery to increase alcohol consumption and get youths drunk. Crime went up with the increase in intoxication.[/quote]
That's Igbo man shop economic mentality cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Has Obi Done To Deserve being President? by Fewwords(m): 1:44pm On Oct 02, 2022
Stupid question...go and ask google and your father.
Re: What Has Obi Done To Deserve being President? by Conner44: 1:51pm On Oct 02, 2022
Great2017:

You are the real flat head fool here. If you are not, you should have known that the lies and falsehood of bogus IGR that more than 80% of it ends in the private pocket of politicians is not a measure of good governance. Where is transparency and accountability in your alleged good governance? Myopic dunce. Remove the log in your eyes first before thinking of removing the spec in my eye.

Why are you answering helinues?

Lagos state is 3 times more populous than Anambra yet he wants the two states to be able to generate the same amount of IGR, is it possible?

Leave that guy. He is just reaching for straws grin
Re: What Has Obi Done To Deserve being President? by Conner44: 1:53pm On Oct 02, 2022
PROUDIGBO:

Don’t know why sane people are engaging with an obvious vile bigot like you!

Fact of the matter is even if Ndigbo present a Lee Kuan Yuw for president, once your bigoted brain hears he’s Igbo, that’s automatic disqualification for him!

Lagos this…Lagos that! You think the criminal advantages Lagos acquired over other cities in Nigeria (esp’ coastal cities) happened just like that….or happened just because one deceitful, greedy and thieving fool became its governor in 1999!?

The op is helinues so his rantings are in line with his uselessness undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Has Obi Done To Deserve being President? by baretalk: 2:25pm On Oct 02, 2022
Conner44:

The op is helinues so his rantings are in line with his uselessness undecided
Still no answers, next!
Re: What Has Obi Done To Deserve being President? by Conner44: 2:37pm On Oct 02, 2022
baretalk:

Still no answers, next!

Know the difference wink

Re: What Has Obi Done To Deserve being President? by ckc(m): 4:34pm On Oct 02, 2022
Sonyboom765:
Same IG that cleared Tinubu bullion van or as your Igbo father convicted. I don't know when IG turn judge.

You are the one mentioning Tinubu due to guilty conscience. So show anywhere I mentioned bullion van. You are still the one mentioning bullion van. So wts talk about bullion van since you have mentioned it yourself. Since your god Tinubu has been "cleared" and Obi also cleared, why then are you mentioning Obi again. Let hypocrisy not kill you guys. Tufiakwa!!!!! What is holding you from suing him so that a judge can convict him. Trash
Re: What Has Obi Done To Deserve being President? by CandyOps(m): 6:32pm On Oct 02, 2022
baretalk:

The joke is on you and your dumb people cheesy

Obidient to failure cheesy

Bro Na cruise we dey o.

Also juxtapose the IGR against the debt profile and check the balance at the end of the day. If Lagos State (or Nigeria entirely) was a business venture it's definitely not profitable in the terms you proposed

Lagos borrowed ₦658 billion to function as of 2021 and only yielded ₦267 billion in revenue.

Nigeria loses almost ₦390 billion annually to make Lagos function. If Lagos was a business, I'd shut it down ASAP

Re: What Has Obi Done To Deserve being President? by lexylaw40: 6:37pm On Oct 02, 2022
Obi's achievement

Re: What Has Obi Done To Deserve being President? by baretalk: 6:46pm On Oct 02, 2022
CandyOps:

Bro Na cruise we dey o.

Also juxtapose the IGR against the debt profile and check the balance at the end of the day. If Lagos State (or Nigeria entirely) was a business venture it's definitely not profitable in the terms you proposed

Lagos borrowed ₦658 billion to function as of 2021 and only yielded ₦267 billion in revenue.

Nigeria loses almost ₦390 billion annually to make Lagos function. If Lagos was a business, I'd shut it down ASAP
Check the asset, infrastructure and systems created by Lagos. Lagos is a very profitable venture. It's IGR keeps increasing, if you can't service debt, you won't get loans, Lagos pays and service its own debts like every other state. FG don't pay state's debts. Stop talking like an illiterate now, I won't want to waste my time debating with a dumbo. Lagos is a big asset to Nigeria, the VAT, company taxes, wharf and clearing ports taxes, customs duties accrued from Lagos by FG helps funds part of the bill of Nigeria. Anambra don't contribute 10% to federal purse of what Lagos does. These loans are long term, the infrastructure will last decades and keep the state moving forward and flourishing. Infrastructure like the blue and red rail, massive road construction, Eko Atlantic city, and other systems created by the state. Soon Lagos will start buying other states, we might buy Anambra and help you people develop it. Am sorry but you are a fool for calling Lagos a liability, a state that feeds Nigeria, and carries the burden of other dead states like Anambra and co, all your urchins run here to survive, urchins from everywhere come to Lagos to survive. Very dumb flaatiino. Please you are talking to intelligent people, dumb people and liars annoy me.
Re: What Has Obi Done To Deserve being President? by lexylaw40: 6:51pm On Oct 02, 2022
CandyOps:

Bro Na cruise we dey o.

bro calm down.....if you invest 658billion into a business and the business is yeilding 267 annually is that not a fantastic business and you have decades to pay back. That's a beautiful investment ok

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Has Obi Done To Deserve being President? by baretalk: 6:55pm On Oct 02, 2022
author=lexylaw40 post=117208812] bro calm down.....if you invest 658billion into a business and the business is yeilding 267 annually is that not a fantastic business and you have decades to pay back. That's a beautiful investment ok[/quote]
No mind the flaat head, they are dumb, these loans are long term and the infrastructure and systems created by these funds will last 50 years and more, if we make 1/3 of the loan in a year, it's an excellent investment. Anambra is not earning jack, that is what we call liability, collecting federal allocations with no IGR to show. These flaatiinos are dumb my guy no mind them cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Has Obi Done To Deserve being President? by baretalk: 6:57pm On Oct 02, 2022
PDPdestroyer:

Don't lose sleep over Obi, he won't win a single state. Atiku is Tinubu's only challenger
I know brother, their lies is too much, we need to counter it, to educate the little ones.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Has Obi Done To Deserve being President? by Perfectbeing(m): 7:07pm On Oct 02, 2022
successmatters:
A lot

Let's start with saving 75 billion naira for your state after paying all workers, contractors, and still doing a lot of projects, while refusing to take loans.

Has anyone ever done that in any state before?

First, Obi didn't save any 75 billion. Obiano confirmed it.
He said Obi saved 25 billion and left an almost 25 billion debt.

2nd, if Obviously becomes President, he'll still borrow to build mega infrastructures. Maybe then you guys will start justifying the loans and you'd say, "did Buhari and Jonathan not also borrow?"
Same way you guys justified Soludo N100 billion loan

The way, the economy is now, you'd need loans to build infrastructures. Oil money and taxes will never be enough to pay salaries, run the economy and build infrastructures all at once. So you'd need to take loans for one.

Also, you can't compare the infrastructures Obi did in his state with what Tinubu did in Lagos. Lagos loans is justifiable. There are infrastructures on ground to justify it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Has Obi Done To Deserve being President? by baretalk: 7:08pm On Oct 02, 2022
Perfectbeing:

First, Obi didn't save any 75 billion. Obiano confirmed it.
He said Obi saved 25 billion and left an almost 25 billion debt.

2nd, if Obviously becomes President, he'll still borrow to build mega infrastructures. Maybe then you guys will start justifying the loans and you'd say, "did Buhari and Jonathan not also borrow?"
Same way you guys justified Soludo N100 billion loan

The way, the economy is now, you'd need loans to build infrastructures. Oil money and taxes will never be enough to pay salaries, run the economy and build infrastructures all at once. So you'd need to take loans for one.

Also, you can't compare the infrastructures Obi did in his state with what Tinubu did in Lagos. Lagos loans is justifiable. There are infrastructures on ground to justify it.
Anambra is an unproductive son of Nigeria, FG is wasting it's allocations monthly to it, with nothing to show for it, a state that can not earn money is a dead state. Earnings is the most important factor when looking at a state that works. Thanks for correcting their lies, obi left N25billion when Anambra youths are still unemployed, poor and running to Lagos and everywhere else for hustle and survival cheesy

I think Obi left that money so Obaino can help him embezzle it, to use for his election. It makes no sense to save money when you still need roads, development, jobs for your people etc.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Has Obi Done To Deserve being President? by Perfectbeing(m): 7:31pm On Oct 02, 2022
Nigeriafirstlad:

He's the only governor not invited by EFFC after office.

With that alone I am sure that I am not voting for a thief.

Follow your instinct.
The only Governor?

Is it really impossible for Obi and his urchins not to lie? Haba!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Has Obi Done To Deserve being President? by lexylaw40: 7:37pm On Oct 02, 2022
Perfectbeing:
The only Governor?

Is it really impossible for Obi and his urchins not to lie? Haba!
I wonder how they think
Re: What Has Obi Done To Deserve being President? by Perfectbeing(m): 7:59pm On Oct 02, 2022
baretalk:

Anambra is an unproductive son of Nigeria, FG is wasting it's allocations monthly to it, with nothing to show for it, a state that can earn money is a dead state. Earnings is the most important factor when looking at a state that works. Thanks for correcting their lies, obi left N25billion when Anambra youths are still unemployed, poor and running to Lagos and everywhere else for hustle and survival cheesy

I think Obi left that money so Obaino can help him embezzle it, to use for his election. It makes no sense to save money when you still need roads, development, jobs for your people etc.
I tire for them o..
Re: What Has Obi Done To Deserve being President? by Perfectbeing(m): 8:07pm On Oct 02, 2022
baretalk:

Anambra is an unproductive son of Nigeria, FG is wasting it's allocations monthly to it, with nothing to show for it, a state that can earn money is a dead state. Earnings is the most important factor when looking at a state that works. Thanks for correcting their lies, obi left N25billion when Anambra youths are still unemployed, poor and running to Lagos and everywhere else for hustle and survival cheesy

I still don't get how people will be hyping saving money for a state that was lacking basic amenties. Saving money when there's bad road, the state water corporation is dead and buried, doctors on strike, lecturers on strike.

Even Soludo (abi was it Moghalu), the current Government mocked the savings. Liken it to a father saving money when his children are unkempt and nor going to school.

They hype giving of laptops to school children. They what should we say about Tinubu that donated N1 billion to LASU earlier this year?
Giving laptops to school children should be the work of LG chairmen and councilors.

Nigerians want to vote a known failure because they want change. How foolish can that be?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Atiku Is Not Sick But Why This? / Kwara Police Read Riot Act To Personnel Ahead Of 2023 General Elections / Rivers State Government Completes Third Hospital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.