Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,274 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:21 AM

Who Told You That You Were Naked? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Told You That You Were Naked? (24725 Views)

Who Told Jws That Jesus Is The Arch Angel Michael? / Who Told Jehovah Witness That Jesus Returned In 1914? / Who Told You God Almighty Doesn't Discipline You When You Sin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Told You That You Were Naked? by Interesting15: 6:39am On Oct 02, 2022
In Genesis 3 verse 11, God asked Adam a question: "Who told you that you were naked"?

Let's start from the beginning.

Before God created humans, God has always been existing gloriously in eternity. If God has decided to not create humans (or anything at all), God will still be fine in Himself. However, as an expression of His nature of love, He decided to create humans and place them on earth where He can share His love and dominion with us.

Since humans came from God, He is our Source, and we are meant to be connected to Him to keep flourishing. However, after Adam and Eve sinned against God by yielding the counsel of the devil, God asked Man "Where are you?" (Genesis 3:9).

Note that this question wasn't about the geographical location of Adam and Eve, since God knows all things. However, God was asking: "whose side are you now?"

And when Adam lamented that he was naked, God then asked him: "Who told you that you were naked"?

In other words, "what have you been listening to that is telling you what I'm not saying?"

This is the same question you must answer today. Have you been embracing ideologies and trends contrary to the Will of God?

You are meant to flourish by living your life in accordance with God's Word, and not popular opinions. God is your Source, and you can only be fulfilled in Him.

Today, there are many evil voices people are listening to that are bringing discomfort to their spirit, soul and body. Voices of lesbianism, homeosexualism, immorality, greed, selfishness, pride, indecency, love of money, and so on.

Anything anyone is saying that is contrary to God's Word should be discarded, because they will only strip you of your true supernatural identity as a child of God if you obey them.

Therefore, you should get yourself familiar with the Word of God in a time as this.

The first step is to have the Word of God reside in you. Jesus is the Word of God, and you should embrace Him as your Lord and Savior.

Say this simple prayer:

"LORD JESUS, I believe in my heart that You died for me and You raised on the third day for my justification. And so I confess with my mouth that You are my Lord and Savior. From today, I belong to the family of God. Thank You for giving me eternal life."

God bless you.

https://www.sundayakanni.com/2022/10/who-told-you-that-you-were-naked.html?m=1

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by Interesting15: 6:39am On Oct 02, 2022
Please, ignore the evil trends and opinions of the devil and his evil worldly system. Obey God only in all things, and it shall be well with you in all ways. Jesus is Lord.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by Interesting15: 6:39am On Oct 02, 2022
Happy Sunday everyone. Jesus loves you

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by Interesting15: 6:40am On Oct 02, 2022
lalasticlala
Re: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by Anigreat: 6:42am On Oct 02, 2022
shocked
Re: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by chatinent: 7:07am On Oct 02, 2022
So why do you think Satan wasn't punished immediately?

13 Likes

Re: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by falcon01: 7:23am On Oct 02, 2022
Bruh this whole religion matter get as e be, if it works for you fine!

4 Likes

Re: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by AntiChristian: 8:10am On Oct 02, 2022
My questions are:

Wasn't the biblical God already aware before creating Adam the choices and actions Adam would make?

Why allow Lucifer/Satan a place to deceive them?

Why didn't the biblical God forgive Adam there and then and save Himself the stress of having to later kill himself/a part of himself or His son?

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by Dtruthspeaker: 1:16pm On Oct 02, 2022
AntiChristian:
My questions are:

Wasn't the biblical God already aware before creating Adam the choices and actions Adam would make?

Yes He was! Like we are all aware that our children can either pass or fail Junior WAEC.

YET, THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO PASS!

AntiChristian:

To disgrace the evil Fool as Job did to him.

But Adam messed up big time.

AntiChristian:

Why didn't the biblical God forgive Adam there and then and save Himself the stress of having to later kill himself/a part of himself or His son?..

It is not a stress or bother to Him so you don't have to stress for Him. After all, it is not your stress!

5 Likes

Re: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by OkCornel(m): 1:27pm On Oct 02, 2022
God’s first ever question to man.

“Who told you you were naked?”

2 Likes

Re: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by Kobojunkie: 2:53pm On Oct 02, 2022
chatinent:
So why do you think Satan wasn't punished immediately?
Where was Satan mentioned in the story and why would Satan need to be punished? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by Kobojunkie: 2:56pm On Oct 02, 2022
AntiChristian:
1. My questions are:Wasn't the biblical God already aware before creating Adam the choices and actions Adam would make?

2. Why allow Lucifer/Satan a place to deceive them?

3. Why didn't the biblical God forgive Adam there and then and save Himself the stress of having to later kill himself/a part of himself or His son?
1. So? undecided

2. Why not? undecided

3. Why should he have done that when the law clearly states that Adam would die if he disobeyed - Genesis 3 vs 15 - 17 and Adam by his choice accepted the consequence of his action? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by tctrills: 5:27pm On Oct 02, 2022
[quote author=AntiChristian post=117191914]My questions are:

Wasn't the biblical God already aware before creating Adam the choices and actions Adam would make? The question is, is God aware of the choices we would make? It is not revealed if God has knowledge of our future choices but we are told that he knows the future. I really can't tell if he knows all our future choices.

Why allow Lucifer/Satan a place to deceive them? The question is why allow satan to deceive us? remember, we too are open to satans vices. God wants us to overcome sin and satan. We wouldn't overcome unless we pass through satan's temptations.

Why didn't the biblical God forgive Adam there and then save Himself the stress of having to later kill himself/a part of himself or His son?

How do you know God did not forgive Adam? You don't need to assume.

1 Like

Re: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by NNTR: 5:52pm On Oct 02, 2022
OkCornel:
God’s first ever question to man.

“Who told you you were naked?”
Yes, its true that God asked that rhetorical question.

Its kind of similar to talking to a mirror, asking:
Mirror, mirror on the wall, cant you see that what you're showing me, is not flattering me, not praising me nor paying me good compliments?

Personal text: Jesus is not a theologian. He is God who told stories.
Re: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by NNTR: 6:07pm On Oct 02, 2022
AntiChristian:
My questions are:
God is omniscient. Omniscient, in layman's terms, means, knows everything

AntiChristian:
1 Corinthians 10:13
'No temptation [regardless of its source] has overtaken or enticed you that is not common to human experience
[nor is any temptation unusual or beyond human resistance];
but God is faithful [to His word—He is compassionate and trustworthy],
and He will not let you be tempted beyond your ability [to resist],
but along with the temptation He [has in the past and is now and] will [always] provide the way out as well,
so that you will be able to endure it [without yielding, and will overcome temptation with joy].
'

in light of 1 Corinthians 10:13 above, why wouldnt God, allow Lucifer/Satan a place to deceive them

AntiChristian:
Why didn't the biblical God forgive Adam there and then and save Himself the stress of having to later kill himself/a part of himself or His son?
It doesnt work like that, and thats because governing decree(s), procedure(s) or system of rules et cetera need to be respected, these all, in the spirit of fulfilling all forms of righteousness

Personal text: Jesus is not a theologian. He is God who told stories.

1 Like

Re: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by Interesting15: 6:59am On Oct 09, 2022
"And whatever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord and not to men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the reward of the inheritance; for you serve the Lord Christ." Colossians 3:23‭-‬24 NKJV

In all you do today, choose to honour the Lord your Creator.

Happy Sunday everyone. God bless you all in Jesus Name. Amen

2 Likes

Re: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by Interesting15: 7:02am On Oct 09, 2022
Happy Sunday lalasticlala

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by SoftP(m): 10:34am On Oct 09, 2022
Those of you mentioning Lala on this thread will not make heaven grin
Re: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by oluwaseunamos33(m): 10:34am On Oct 09, 2022
Na me
Re: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by bigboluet(m): 10:34am On Oct 09, 2022
O
Re: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by genielayo: 10:35am On Oct 09, 2022
Hello, My name is Layo and I'm an online vendor.
I sell all types of Clothing for men, Men's shoes, men's jeans, men's joggers, men's shirts, men’s wristwatches, belts, bags etc at very affordable rates!!!
I'm active on WhatsApp at +2348186446312 Instagram at layoexquiste_wears
Twitter @layo_men_wears
Send me a message on any of these social media platforms to make classy yet trendy and affordable shopping!
I'll be waiting

1 Share

Re: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by DropsMic(m): 10:35am On Oct 09, 2022
Yawn
Re: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by WibusJaga: 10:35am On Oct 09, 2022
Re: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by nkemoma(m): 10:35am On Oct 09, 2022
So we should turn nudists??

Ho straight to the point
Re: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by Highways: 10:36am On Oct 09, 2022
I was going through this thread and then my neighbour came and Joined me. He said that this thread changed his life and touched his heart. I then went and rented a projector in a big field and my entire town joined the thread and it changed their lives too. We all are so grateful.
Thank You for this thread….

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:36am On Oct 09, 2022
This can also be rephrased to
what have you been listening to that is telling you what I'm not saying?

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by zombieHUNTER: 10:37am On Oct 09, 2022
Urheadmaster:
My first girlfriend tongue

Having fun, well done.

And certainly no one was asked to swear to anything before commenting..

but it was the other religion

i mean the " Superior" religion on Nairaland , you must pledge,swear first.

SMH.
Christians be wise, don't let anyone treat you the way they wouldn't like to be treated..
those chanting and supporting same faith ticket today will burn the country if reverse becomes the case..

be wise.

3 Likes

Re: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by Urheadmaster(m): 10:37am On Oct 09, 2022
My first girlfriend tongue
Re: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by Godada(m): 10:39am On Oct 09, 2022
Re: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by achi4u(m): 10:39am On Oct 09, 2022
AntiChristian:
My questions are:

So many things/questions to ask but we are afraid.

2 Likes

Re: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by Bunnatex(m): 10:40am On Oct 09, 2022
I still think Genesis is Hebrew own version of creation just like our own local tales

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Fayose: How Idahosa Converted My Father To A Christian In 1980 Ibadan Crusade‎ / King James Version Of The Bible Is For Homosexuals And Rastafarians–ghanaian Rev / Help! My Pastor Hates Me!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.