Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,943 members, 7,821,302 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:10 AM

Who Told You That You Were Naked? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Told You That You Were Naked? (24754 Views)

Who Told Jws That Jesus Is The Arch Angel Michael? / Who Told Jehovah Witness That Jesus Returned In 1914? / Who Told You God Almighty Doesn't Discipline You When You Sin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by kingmsookwagh(m): 12:33pm On Oct 09, 2022
Sometimes, I feel he should have left us in an unimaginable state of non existence than establish us into a world filled with hatred and sufferings. Las! Las! We still na know if na heaven or hell we dey go.

1 Like

Re: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by nkemoma(m): 12:34pm On Oct 09, 2022
Spirit247:
No, they were not naked they are the forbidden fruit. As image of unapproachably Brilliant Light/God, they were clad in Brilliant Light which departed immediately they obeyed Satan instead of their CREATOR. Scientists confirm that humans still glow in Darkness when viewed with a Special Ultraviolet equipment. For whole Truth and Deeper Spiritual knowledge, go and read the Book of Enoch which the satanic Roman Empire removed from Scripture to weaken Humanity's Faith in our CREATOR.

OK.. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by 14kk: 12:36pm On Oct 09, 2022
Amen....and May God bless all of us.
Re: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by emmyileri(m): 12:41pm On Oct 09, 2022
AntiChristian:
My questions are:

Wasn't the biblical God already aware before creating Adam the choices and actions Adam would make?

Why allow Lucifer/Satan a place to deceive them?

Why didn't the biblical God forgive Adam there and then and save Himself the stress of having to later kill himself/a part of himself or His son?

That's called the power of choice. Human beings are not robots but given the power to choose whom they will serve. God doesn't force his will on his created being but show them the consequences of their actions.
NIV:This day I call the heavens and the earth as witnesses against you that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live
NIV:and that you may love the Lord your God, listen to his voice, and hold fast to him. For the Lord is your life, and he will give you many years in the land he swore to give to your fathers, Abraham, Isaac and Jacob... Deuteronomy 30:19-20

1 Like

Re: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by LordReed(m): 1:28pm On Oct 09, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. So? undecided

2. Why not? undecided

3. Why should he have done that when the law clearly states that Adam would die if he disobeyed - Genesis 3 vs 15 - 17 and Adam by his choice accepted the consequence of his action? undecided

Would you give a known pedophile with a penchant for prepubicent children unfettered access to your prepubicent children?
Re: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by OkCornel(m): 1:30pm On Oct 09, 2022
BluntTheApostle:

His first recorded question was;

"Where are you?"

Oh, true
Re: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by somehow: 1:36pm On Oct 09, 2022
What is the purpose of mankind to God in the first place?

What does he expect from mankind that he wasn't getting in heaven?
Re: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by TNORWAY: 1:57pm On Oct 09, 2022
OkCornel:

Oh, true
boss!

1 Like

Re: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by OkCornel(m): 2:00pm On Oct 09, 2022
TNORWAY:
boss!

Brother…how u dey?
Re: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by TNORWAY: 2:05pm On Oct 09, 2022
OkCornel:

Brother…how u dey?
boss I loyal.....I knew that you have been busy all this while.......... Mostly work related......I just feel o should confirm......I always leave offline msg but no reply.
Re: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by OkCornel(m): 2:13pm On Oct 09, 2022
TNORWAY:
boss I loyal.....I knew that you have been busy all this while.......... Mostly work related......I just feel o should confirm......I always leave offline msg but no reply.

Just messaged you. No vex abeg.

I’ve got plenty messages to deal with, but time constraints too.

Hope you’re okay though
Re: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by BloomingDale(f): 2:16pm On Oct 09, 2022
Interesting15:

In Genesis 3 verse 11, God asked Adam a question: "Who told you that you were naked"?

Let's start from the beginning.

Before God created humans, God has always been existing gloriously in eternity. If God has decided to not create humans (or anything at all), God will still be fine in Himself. However, as an expression of His nature of love, He decided to create humans and place them on earth where He can share His love and dominion with us.

Since humans came from God, He is our Source, and we are meant to be connected to Him to keep flourishing. However, after Adam and Eve sinned against God by yielding the counsel of the devil, God asked Man "Where are you?" (Genesis 3:9).

Na wa o. Were you there? And after creating an imperfect being, which you never asked for, and serving time on earth trying not to sin, some of you will eventually end up in hellfire, where you will burn forever and forever. Guy, be calming down with this Christianity nonsense.
Re: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 2:48pm On Oct 09, 2022
Interesting15:

In Genesis 3 verse 11, God asked Adam a question: "Who told you that you were naked"?

Before God created humans, God has always been existing gloriously in eternity. If God has decided to not create humans (or anything at all), God will still be fine in Himself. However, as an expression of His nature of love, He decided to create humans and place them on earth where He can share His love and dominion with us.

Since humans came from God, He is our Source, and we are meant to be connected to Him to keep flourishing. However, after Adam and Eve sinned against God by yielding the counsel of the devil, God asked Man "Where are you?" (Genesis 3:9).

Note that this question wasn't about the geographical location of Adam and Eve, since God knows all things. However, God was asking: "whose side are you now?"

And when Adam lamented that he was naked, God then asked him: "Who told you that you were naked"?

In other words, "what have you been listening to that is telling you what I'm not saying?"

This is the same question you must answer today. Have you been embracing ideologies and trends contrary to the Will of God?

You are meant to flourish by living your life in accordance with God's Word, and not popular opinions. God is your Source, and you can only be fulfilled in Him.

Today, there are many evil voices people are listening to that are bringing discomfort to their spirit, soul and body. Voices of lesbianism, homeosexualism, immorality, greed, selfishness, pride, indecency, love of money, and so on.

Anything anyone is saying that is contrary to God's Word should be discarded, because they will only strip you of your true supernatural identity as a child of God if you obey them.

Therefore, you should get yourself familiar with the Word of God in a time as this.

The first step is to have the Word of God reside in you. Jesus is the Word of God, and you should embrace Him as your Lord and Savior.

Say this simple prayer:

"LORD JESUS, I believe in my heart that You died for me and You raised on the third day for my justification. And so I confess with my mouth that You are my Lord and Savior. From today, I belong to the family of God. Thank You for giving me eternal life."

God bless you.

https://www.sundayakanni.com/2022/10/who-told-you-that-you-were-naked.html?m=1

so its difficult to put password on Christian trend like NL do on Fridays, e ti ya weyrey
Re: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by Kobojunkie: 2:52pm On Oct 09, 2022
achi4u:
So many things/questions to ask but we are afraid.
The answers are right there in scripture for you to find for your own self so why are you afraid of a book, Blackman? undecided

Why would you rather feed on lies fed you by others than open a book to read and gain wisdom for your own self? undecided
Re: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by smile4kenn(m): 2:54pm On Oct 09, 2022
Interesting15:

Note that this question wasn't about the geographical location of Adam and Eve, since God knows all things. However, God was asking: "whose side are you now?"

And when Adam lamented that he was naked, God then asked him: "Who told you that you were naked"?

In other words, "what have you been listening to that is telling you what I'm not saying?"

This is the same question you must answer today. Have you been embracing ideologies and trends contrary to the Will of God?

You are meant to flourish by living your life in accordance with God's Word, and not popular opinions. God is your Source, and you can only be fulfilled in Him.

Today, there are many evil voices people are listening to that are bringing discomfort to their spirit, soul and body. Voices of lesbianism, homeosexualism, immorality, greed, selfishness, pride, indecency, love of money, and so on.

Anything anyone is saying that is contrary to God's Word should be discarded, because they will only strip you of your true supernatural identity as a child of God if you obey them.

Therefore, you should get yourself familiar with the Word of God in a time as this.

The first step is to have the Word of God reside in you. Jesus is the Word of God, and you should embrace Him as your Lord and Savior.

Say this simple prayer:

"LORD JESUS, I believe in my heart that You died for me and You raised on the third day for my justification. And so I confess with my mouth that You are my Lord and Savior. From today, I belong to the family of God. Thank You for giving me eternal life."

God bless you.

Repackaged and posted here.

https://gist.am/q/after-adam-and-eve-sinned-against-god-by-yielding-the-devils-counsel-god-asked-
Re: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by Kobojunkie: 2:54pm On Oct 09, 2022
Neoteny7:
I have questions!

"Where are you?"
Note that this question wasn't about the geographical location of Adam and Eve, since God knows all things.

However, God was asking: "whose side are you now?"
......er, if he knows all things, why did he need to ask this question?
Probably so Adam, who thought it possible to hide from God, could explain his actions more properly and maybe learn from his foolishness. undecided

I am in no way attempting to hold brief for OP, mind you. undecided
Re: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by Kobojunkie: 2:56pm On Oct 09, 2022
panpan:
Why were the man and his wife naked in the first place?
They were created naked, same way you and I were created naked from our birth with only our skin as covering. undecided

Our ancestors walked around naked too. Should that not have been the case too? undecided
Re: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by Kobojunkie: 2:57pm On Oct 09, 2022
Freshgrace4life:
I heard that Eve was not Adam's first wife , Bible scholars how true is the story ?
Open the book and learn for your own self. Stop deliberating what is supposed to be commonsense to those who you like to call bible scholars. undecided

1 Like

Re: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by Kobojunkie: 2:59pm On Oct 09, 2022
kingmsookwagh:
Sometimes, I feel he should have left us in an unimaginable state of non existence than establish us into a world filled with hatred and sufferings. Las! Las! We still na know if na heaven or hell we dey go.
Adam is the one who put you in the state you exist in today, He along with your parents who birthed you. Why should God have denied Adam his choice when it wasn't that God made Him a robot or something? undecided
Re: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by yinkbell: 3:18pm On Oct 09, 2022
Interesting15:

Say this simple prayer:

God bless you.

More grace brother.
Happy Sunday sir.
Re: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by Ujm1: 3:32pm On Oct 09, 2022
You
Re: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by BluntTheApostle(m): 4:22pm On Oct 09, 2022
jayworld15:

It's funny how you evade the question that could have provided you your answer. God is loving, merciful and impartial. So how would he balance his love for humans by forgiving their sins without denting or staining his righteousness?

If he forgave Adam just like that, then his nature as a righteous God would be dented. Then, he can't be called a righteous God since he accepts sin. That alone would mean Satan is unrighteously judged from the beginning. For him to balance his love for sinners while hating sin, he God the Son, Jesus Christ) had to put himself in the form of man. He had to do everything man does but he had to maintain his true holiness, righteousness and truth. What happened to man that didn't happen to man (except those that were personal as marriage, sexual stuff etc -they are inconsequential to him concerning salvation)?

God had to make a balance between his love and his judgement. Both his love and judgement are equal. Great is his love, great also is his judgement. That's your answer.

So, sending someone to eternal damnation for a lifetime of sin is just?

You have all forgotten that Adam and Eve did not even know good from evil until they ate of that tree of the knowledge of good and evil.
Re: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by Kobojunkie: 4:23pm On Oct 09, 2022
BluntTheApostle:
So, sending someone to eternal damnation for a lifetime of sin is just?
You have all forgotten that Adam and Eve did not even know good from evil until they ate of that tree of the knowledge of good and evil.
Where do you get this idea of yours from? undecided

And by the way, eternal damnation, was never on the table for Adam and Eve, who you are told did not have eternal life - Genesis 3 vs 19 - 22 undecided
Re: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by BluntTheApostle(m): 4:24pm On Oct 09, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Adam is the one who put you in the state you exist in today, He along with your parents who birthed you. Why should God have denied Adam his choice when it wasn't that God made Him a robot or something? undecided

But why did God put such a tree in the garden?

What was the need?

To test man's loyalty?
Re: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by BluntTheApostle(m): 4:25pm On Oct 09, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Where do you get this idea of yours from? undecided

It is in the Bible.
Re: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by Kobojunkie: 4:25pm On Oct 09, 2022
BluntTheApostle:
But why did God put such a tree in the garden? What was the need?To test man's loyalty?
It was a test and Adam knew it and chose as he wanted. undecided
Re: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by Kobojunkie: 4:26pm On Oct 09, 2022
BluntTheApostle:
It is in the Bible.
Where? undecided
Re: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by BluntTheApostle(m): 4:33pm On Oct 09, 2022
Kobojunkie:
It was a test and Adam knew it and chose as he wanted. undecided

Why the need to test?

Was he test-driving like a mechanic?

Haba, you people are trying to make a fool out of God
Re: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by BluntTheApostle(m): 4:34pm On Oct 09, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Where? undecided

And the LORD God said, “The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever.” (Gen 3:22)
Re: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by Kobojunkie: 4:36pm On Oct 09, 2022
BluntTheApostle:
Why the need to test? Was he test-driving like a mechanic? Haba, you people are trying to make a fool out of God
We say test but more like a choice... choose to follow me or go it alone. God didn't create man to be a robot so God allowed man to make his own choices, and so man chose to go it alone rather than have God hold his hands. And God granted man his wish. undecided
Re: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by Kobojunkie: 4:38pm On Oct 09, 2022
BluntTheApostle:
And the LORD God said, “The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever.” (Gen 3:22)
But, nowhere in that statement is it implied that man did not know good before that point in time. Recall that when man was made, he was declared "good" by God meaning man at least had some basic knowledge/awareness of good to work with. undecided
Re: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by BluntTheApostle(m): 4:40pm On Oct 09, 2022
Kobojunkie:
We say test but more like a choice... choose to follow me or go it alone. God didn't create man to be a robot so God allowed man to make his own choices, and so man chose to go it alone rather than have God hold his hands. And God granted man his wish. undecided

So, one cannot make choices except between GOOD and EVIL?

There were varieties in Eden. Man could avail his freedom of choice without having to choose between good and evil.

Why did evil even exist in the first place?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

We Can Do These And Miss Heaven, See The Only Thing That Can't Make Us Miss It / 'It Is Impossible To Find A Woman Like My Wife' - Pastor Adeboye Says / Why I Blackmailed Well Established Pastors –fraudster (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.