Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,549 members, 7,819,947 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:16 AM

My Historical Perspective On Eze Chima And Western Igbos - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / My Historical Perspective On Eze Chima And Western Igbos (4729 Views)

Umumba, Umuahia Passes Vote Of No-confidence On Eze Godwin Okechukwu Ogbonna / Eze Chima Migrated From Benin To Onitsha / Ooni Of Ife Confirms Eze Chima Obatala Migrated From Ife To Benin To Igbo Land (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Historical Perspective On Eze Chima And Western Igbos by Nobody: 3:39pm On Oct 09, 2022
Igboid:

I can't leave you when you are greedily encroaching into Into territory.
Anioma is part and parcel of Igbo conglomerate.
They are big stake holders in Igbo union.
You don't think you can start writing all sort of things about that territory without Eastern Igbos getting involved?

Think again.

This should open everybody's eyes to the fact that what we are dealing with is south-easterners trying to grab lands outside their domain. This is all it is. These Igbo revisionists are making up all these stories as a prelude to land-grabbing. We know where they are: southeast.
Do you guys still remember when some of these guys said Irabor was an Igbo name ?
@samuk
Re: My Historical Perspective On Eze Chima And Western Igbos by Igboid: 3:43pm On Oct 09, 2022
Logicisfree2:

This should open everybody's eyes to the fact that what we are dealing with is south-easterners trying to grab lands outside their domain.

What domain?
Anioma people are owners of their land and no one is dragging them.
They are part of the Igbo and have even in the past produced a two tenure president of Ohaneze Ndiigbo in the person of Ralph Uwaechue from Ogwashi-uku.
Even now, Anioma is fully re-presented in Ohaneze Ndiigbo.

Stay in your Bini land and stop fantasizing about resurrecting a dead empire.

The Asagba of Asaba Prof emeritus Chike Edozien is a grand patron of Ohaneze Ndiigbo.
Asaba is the political capital of Anioma and a full fledge Igbo city.

4 Likes

Re: My Historical Perspective On Eze Chima And Western Igbos by Ofunwa111: 3:59pm On Oct 09, 2022
Logicisfree2:
To anybody whom is intelligent enough to debate with logic: show me any monarch with Obi as ancestral title (not a guy who changed his title in the colonial or post colonial era to Obi) and I will show you his Benin regalia and Benin sword.
One of my great great grand fathers was an Obi, he had several children, one of them was given Obaseki as a title by Oba Ovonramwen.

Quiet there, Old dumb baldie .. cheesy. Obi is not Ogie. Take your Ozanagogo brothers and go.

2 Likes

Re: My Historical Perspective On Eze Chima And Western Igbos by Nobody: 4:01pm On Oct 09, 2022
Logicisfree2:
To anybody whom is intelligent enough to debate with logic: show me any monarch with Obi as ancestral title (not a guy who changed his title in the colonial or post colonial era to Obi) and I will show you his Benin regalia and Benin sword.
One of my great great grand fathers was an Obi, he had several children, one of them was given Obaseki as a title by Oba Ovonramwen.
I repeat this challenge, and please let us ignore fools, especially those who have just been unmasked as south-easterners trying to grab lands outside their domain. I guess being landlocked is not a thing of joy.
I refuse to engage fools.
Nigeria has more fools than it has oil, apparently.
Re: My Historical Perspective On Eze Chima And Western Igbos by Nobody: 4:06pm On Oct 09, 2022
Ofunwa111:

Quiet there, Old dumb baldie .. cheesy. Obi is not Ogie. Take your Ozanagogo brothers and go.
What can one say to this ?
@Ologbo147, you see, this is why I don't respond to fools, and extremists. No logic, all theatrics. Imagine the kind of person whom is so obsessed with you that they look for you everyday and night on nairaland and whenever you open an account, they think they are forced to engage you. This is how you can improve your understanding: I am not seeking to engage them and they are not snubbing me, they are obsessed with me and they follow me around like little puppies. Note that this troll is yoruba and has zero links to the conversation.
Re: My Historical Perspective On Eze Chima And Western Igbos by Ofunwa111: 4:16pm On Oct 09, 2022
Logicisfree2:

What can one say to this ?
@Ologbo147, you see, this is why I don't respond to fools, and extremists. No logic, all theatrics. Imagine the kind of person whom is so obsessed with you that they look for you everyday and night on nairaland and whenever you open an account, they think they are forced to engage you. This is how you can improve your understanding: I am not seeking to engage them and they are not snubbing me, they are obsessed with me and they follow me around like little puppies. Note that this troll is yoruba and has zero links to the conversation.

My own is, stop lying.. Obi is not Ogie and will never be !!

2 Likes

Re: My Historical Perspective On Eze Chima And Western Igbos by Nobody: 4:20pm On Oct 09, 2022
Ofunwa111:

My own is, stop lying.. Obi is not Ogie and will never be !!
Let me indulge you for one minute:
1) Obi is not Ogie, I agree
2) so what ? How does that imply that Obi is not a Benin title ?
3) when someone reasons like a toddler and yet wants to engage educated people...
Re: My Historical Perspective On Eze Chima And Western Igbos by Nobody: 4:24pm On Oct 09, 2022
I see this fool can't respond, he needs to take a few hours to conjure up some nonesense. This is one thing I hate about social media, people hide behind a screen and replace their brain with Google. In a real conversation in real life, it would be impossible to not notice how doll this guy is, he won't be able to take hours to respond.
Not even smart enough to hold a conversation, needs to go and consult with Google and who knows what for some hours in order to respond to a simple question.
Re: My Historical Perspective On Eze Chima And Western Igbos by Nobody: 4:29pm On Oct 09, 2022
Still no response, makes nonsensical comment, reads reply and then takes off for some hours because unable to respond to a simple question.
Do the world a favour and just keep your mouth shut.
I have wasted enough of my time replying a known fool, whenever your mediocre response is ready, it won't get any reply. You have had your chance to talk, now you are ignored for life.
Re: My Historical Perspective On Eze Chima And Western Igbos by gregyboy(m): 4:50pm On Oct 09, 2022
AreaFada2:

Samuk, the way history has been rewritten by those tribes that the British favoured after 1897 and benefitted initially from 1914 amalgamation and post-independence, is beginning to miseducate some Edo people. Say around 1986, if I greeted elderly people "Lamogun or La'Umogun", they will recite the "oriki", uwaenmwen or praise of Umogun descendants. I would have to politely wait for them to finish before proceeding on my merry way. My experience as a young chap. Edohen, Ero, Elawure, Ezomo and other descendants also have their oriki. A chap who greets Lamogun today might even get a reply in Pidgin English from the elder. grin cheesy

Kids today may not even know that there is something like oriki.
Edo people brought up in Lagos are helping to spread the myth that Edo people come from Yoruba. That is how their "accommodating" hosts educated them.

For anyone to use languages or dialects spoken today in various districts of former Benin Empire to decide or conjure up what the origins or demographics of those areas were around 1440-1473 when Oba Ewuare I reigned, is an abysmal disservice to scholarship and common sense.

But at least the guy has enough fantasy and attempted to think, albeit being misguided.

This is so very true the bolded mostly the edo north people, an esan man or bini person will deny such claim as being yoruba i love the esan people for this

Funny thing is the edo north are more in lagos compare to any tribe in edo state due to their Muslim religion and as a result they become yorubanised, Unlike the edo south and edo central who are Christians and tend to remain more in their location
I schooled in auchi poly back then I saw this first hand, an edo north man claiming we edos came from yoruba people I had so many provoked confrontation even with the elderly ones for such claims but an esan man will never make such statement

The edo North are over mixed with both edo yoruba and Northerners they don't even know their identity to them they are politically edo

1 Like

Re: My Historical Perspective On Eze Chima And Western Igbos by gregyboy(m): 4:55pm On Oct 09, 2022
samuk:

It's been a while, I am glad you learnt something. These interventions is often necessary every now and then for the sake of our future generations. There are people whose goals are to rewrite Benin history. Unfortunately for them, there are enough materials on the archives from late 1400s to late 1800s ( about 400 years) to prevent their revisionists agenda, all we have to do is to research them and use them as evidences to counter their lies.

I was happy to see the screenshot when am financially bouyant enough i would sponser the publication of this old document to the public....

I don't know why the Palace refuse to do so

This is my dream retracing our history deviod fallacy and myth then we can find the missing link to untie the great edo people again

I had it posted on my status were both the igbos, and the edo and other tribe I have in my contact could see the truth

And igbo girl objected with a 1945 document I just laugh

Please share me the link to the book

Re: My Historical Perspective On Eze Chima And Western Igbos by samuk: 5:26pm On Oct 09, 2022
Logicisfree2:

This should open everybody's eyes to the fact that what we are dealing with is south-easterners trying to grab lands outside their domain. This is all it is. These Igbo revisionists are making up all these stories as a prelude to land-grabbing. We know where they are: southeast.
Do you guys still remember when some of these guys said Irabor was an Igbo name ?
@samuk

Infact they were actually after the entire Nigeria, it was Sadauna of Sokoto resistance in the 1950 that partly resulted in him been killed by Igbo military officers after independence. Since they can no longer dominate northern Nigeria, they are now eyeing the south South. Like I said before Edo and Delta are bigger than the entire south east in size.
Re: My Historical Perspective On Eze Chima And Western Igbos by samuk: 5:37pm On Oct 09, 2022
gregyboy:

I was happy to see the screenshot when am financially bouyant enough i would sponser the publication of this old document to the public....

I don't know why the Palace refuse to do so

This is my dream retracing our history deviod fallacy and myth then we can find the missing link to untie the great edo people again

I had it posted on my status were both the igbos, and the edo and other tribe I have in my contact could see the truth

And igbo girl objected with a 1945 document I just laugh

Please share me the link to the book

I don't think I still have the link, it's been years, but a search on the Internet should yield something.
Re: My Historical Perspective On Eze Chima And Western Igbos by Nobody: 5:40pm On Oct 09, 2022
samuk:

Infact they were actually after the entire Nigeria, it was Sadauna of Sokoto resistance in the 1950 that partly resulted in him been killed by Igbo military officers after independence. Since they can no longer dominate northern Nigeria, they are now eyeing the south South. Like I said before Edo and Delta are bigger than the entire south east in size.
A huge part of southern Cameroun is actually related to the Igbo (by related, I mean they have had cultural exchanges for centuries and they were geographically close), and they were part of Nigeria before independence, yet they chose to join Cameroun because of Igbo antics of land-grabbing and marginalisation. The Igbo would want to make you a second class citizen in your ancestral lands.
Re: My Historical Perspective On Eze Chima And Western Igbos by gregyboy(m): 6:12pm On Oct 09, 2022
Igboid:

Nope.
You were never one with Western Igbos.
The union between you and Western Igbos into [s]Bini empire was made possible by Portuguese firearms[/s] you acquired, while British firearms brought to an end of that ungodly union.
That's your bitterness.
Move on.
You can't be one with a people you can't converse with except with the use of English language that the same British you begrudge brought to you.
You should be looking towards Urhobo, Isoko, Epie-Etissa, Degema, etc.
They are your real brothers, the Edoid language you all speak proves that.
Move on.

Bini empire was made possible by Portuguese fire arm what!! grin

Please don't make or assume such thing again

They are scholars here in bini history

That is an historical fallacy from you, bini had an empire before the Portuguese came

The bini relationship with the Portuguese lasted for only 200yrs

Bini already had an empire before the arrival of the Portuguese or any European

The Portuguese deliberately didn't sell guns to the binis because they refuse to accept Christianity

Don't tell history out of your imagination if you have to do that atleast pick a book first before you disgrace yourself
Re: My Historical Perspective On Eze Chima And Western Igbos by gregyboy(m): 6:14pm On Oct 09, 2022
Logicisfree2:
I have a precolonial book in which an european visitor to our shores was on his way to Jebu. The European refers to some Benin nobles with the title Obi, which he describes as basically a Duke title.
I let dogmatic and clueless ignoramuses to continue their show of intellectual lazyness.

I love to read it please share reference or links

There is a bini book you share one time written in French i still need to read that book I lost it... The book was talking about some European who were traveling with bini soldiers and to the north please share if you still have it at your disposal
Re: My Historical Perspective On Eze Chima And Western Igbos by gregyboy(m): 6:30pm On Oct 09, 2022
samuk:

I don't think I still have the link, it's been years, but a search on the Internet should yield something.

OK sure
Re: My Historical Perspective On Eze Chima And Western Igbos by Maazieze(m): 11:52pm On Oct 09, 2022
ill never understand the demonisation of the igbo idenity, to our enemies not even igbos in the SE are "Igbos". out of all the other ethnicities why are we subject to this much attack?

1 Like

Re: My Historical Perspective On Eze Chima And Western Igbos by samuk: 7:07am On Oct 10, 2022
Below is what Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe said about Ezechima

Nnamdi Azikiwe: My Genealogy and Nativity
Bookmark and Share
{Last Update August 2, 2022}
"Thus, in tracing my paternal lineage, I could say that both parents of my father are direct descendants of Eze Chima. As for me, I can trace my paternal ancestry in this wise: I am the first son of Chukwuemeka, who was the third child and first son of Azikiwe, who was the second son of Molokwu, who was the third son of Ozomaocha, who was the second son of Inosi Onira, who was the fourth son of Dei, the second son of Eze Chima, the founder of Onitsha." SOURCE - Nnamdi A zikiwe: My Odyssey, Chapter I (Spectrum Books, 1970) "My Genealogy and Nativity" p4 "I can trace my maternal ancestry thus: I am the first son of Nwanonaku Rachel Chinwe Ogbenyeanu (Aghadiuno)Azikiwe, who was third daughter of Aghadiuno Ajie, the fifth son of Onowu Agbani, first daughter of Obi Udokwu, the son who descended from five Kings of Onitsha. Five of these rulers of Onitsha were direct lineal descendants of Eze Chima, who led his warrior adventurers when they left Benin to establish the Onitsha city state in about 1748 AD." SOURCE - Nnamdi Azikiwe: My Odyssey, Chapter I (Spectrum Books, 1970) "My Genealogy and Nativity" p5 "One day I asked her (grandmother) the meaning of the word 'Onitsha'. She explained that it had historical significance. The terminology meant one who despised another. It is a contraction of two words, Onini to despise, and Ncha meaning others. So that the two words when joined together mean one who despises others. Then I asked her why we despised others. She patted me on the back and told me that it was due to our aristocratic background and tradition. I insisted that she should explain to me the basis of this supercilious social attitude. She told me that we despised others because we descended from the Royal House of Benin and so regarded ourselves as the superiors of other tribes who had no royal blood in their veins....." "I continued to belabor my grandmother to tell me more of the history and origins of the Onitsha people. She narrated that many many years ago, there lived at Idu (Benin) a great Oba who had many children. Due to a power struggle regarding the right of precedence among princes of the blood and other altercations, there was a civil war in Benin. One day, the supporters of one of the princes insulted and assaulted Queen Asije, the mother of of the Oba of Benin, who was accused of having trespassed on their farmland. Enraged at this evidence of indiscipline and lawlessness, the Oba ordered his war chief and brother, Gbunwala Asije to apprehend and punish the insurgents. In the attempt to penalise them, Chima, the ultimate founder of the Onitsha city-state, a prince of the blood in his own right, led the recalcitrants against his Uncle, Gbunwala. This intensified the civil war which rent the kingdom of Benin in two and led to the founding of Onitsha Ado N'Idu....... ..." "As the great trek from Benin progressed, some did not have the stout heart of the pioneer-warrior, and decided to settle at different places, known today as Onitsha -Ugbo, Onitsha-Olona, Onitsha-Mili, Obior, Issele Ukwu, Ossomari, Aboh, etc..." SOURCE - Nnamdi Azikiwe: My Odyssey, Chapter I (Spectrum Books, 1970) "My Genealogy and Nativity"
Re: My Historical Perspective On Eze Chima And Western Igbos by RedboneSmith(m): 7:32am On Oct 10, 2022
Logicisfree2:
I am always amazed by the intellectual lazyness of Nigerians and Africans in general.
1) the notion of ethnicity didn't exist before colonization, so @redbonesmith asking for the ethnicity of people who lived before colonization is only exhibiting intellectual lazyness.

And I am equally amazed by the inability of Nigerians to comprehend English and follow a simple argument. This is why they ask you people to write IELTS. I am the wrongest person to try to school on how colonialism contributed to creating most modern African ethnic groups. I've been saying it on Nairaland before it became fashionable to say it.

Your Edo brother was actually the one insinuating that Asaba was linguistically and ethnically Edo up to 1875 (he didn't use the word 'ethnically', but the implication was in his post) , and my comment was asking for proof of that. If you're gonna come at me you have to at least be able to understand what is being said.

6 Likes

Re: My Historical Perspective On Eze Chima And Western Igbos by Kc3000: 6:21am On Oct 12, 2022
samuk:

Negative. The Sarduana of Sokoto was killed by Chukwuma Nzeogwu who is a Bini man from Asaba, according to you all.

Lol ndi ara.

3 Likes

Re: My Historical Perspective On Eze Chima And Western Igbos by samuk: 7:28am On Oct 12, 2022
Kc3000:

Negative. The Sarduana of Sokoto was killed by Chukwuma Nzeogwu who is a Bini man from Asaba, according to you all.

Lol ndi ara.

By 1875 Ibos were already migrating to Asaba, they eventually overwhelmed the original Asabans who were not Ibo. Chukwuma Nzeogwo was a descendant of Ibo migrants in then mid West Region. They wanted to extend their overbearing attitude and domination to the North by killing Sarduana and Tafawa Balewa. The North and other Nigerians who foresaw the danger of the Igbos fought back and ensure they lost their political and military positions in Nigeria after the war.

2 Likes

Re: My Historical Perspective On Eze Chima And Western Igbos by Maazieze(m): 6:05pm On Oct 12, 2022
samuk:

By 1875 Ibos were already migrating to Asaba, they eventually overwhelmed the original Asabans who were not Ibo. Chukwuma Nzeogwo was a descendant of Ibo migrants in then mid West Region. They wanted to extend their overbearing attitude and domination to the North by killing Sarduana and Tafawa Balewa. The North and other Nigerians who foresaw the danger of the Igbos fought back and ensure they lost their political and military positions in Nigeria after the war.

and the source for the rubbish you posted is where?
Re: My Historical Perspective On Eze Chima And Western Igbos by Maazieze(m): 6:06pm On Oct 12, 2022
Kc3000:

Lol ndi ara.

i swear oh, any trouble is igbo, but noooo, their not igbos, double headed snakes that wish to divide and conquer.

4 Likes

Re: My Historical Perspective On Eze Chima And Western Igbos by Oghodua: 6:42pm On Oct 12, 2022
Maazieze:

and the source for the rubbish you posted is where?
it is not rubbish my brother this is fact. The excerpt is by Ajayi crowther
Re: My Historical Perspective On Eze Chima And Western Igbos by Maazieze(m): 7:44pm On Oct 12, 2022
Oghodua:
it is not rubbish my brother this is fact. The excerpt is by Ajayi crowther
and where can i read were he stated such?
Re: My Historical Perspective On Eze Chima And Western Igbos by Oghodua: 1:26am On Oct 13, 2022
Maazieze:

and where can i read were he stated such?

Re: My Historical Perspective On Eze Chima And Western Igbos by Goodday90(m): 5:30am On Oct 13, 2022
samuk:

please be honest,even to you does this nonsense that you scribbled make sense to you?

2 Likes

Re: My Historical Perspective On Eze Chima And Western Igbos by Kc3000: 11:21am On Oct 13, 2022
samuk:

Ajayi Crowther was a Christian minister who was renowned for his work in translating the Bible. He wasn't a historian, he wasn't Igbo, he wasn't from Asaba or Bini, so we can pardon his ignorance on the subject. He met people in Asaba, whom he must have appreciated were Igbo-speaking people, but because he heard a handful of Bini words being used, and he was informed they had a relationship with Bini, he jumped to the erroneous conclusion that these people had been amalgamated with the Igbo. In his not-so-great exposé, which was all of three sentences, he said these people had different habits from the Igbo, but he failed to expound on what these habits were. If he met Bini people in Asaba, he wouldn't need to state that these people were different from the Igbo, because that would be stating the obvious...the Ibo and Bini are different people. So, his conjecture was that  these Igbo-speaking people, with some relationship to Benin must have been amalgamated with the Igbo.

However, we know of a number of Igbo groups in both the SE and SS that historically have some relationship with Bini. These are proto-Igbo people that resided in areas that were in the Benin empire or had close interactions with them. There are still Igbo-speaking people today that share the same LGA with Bini people.  Long before Ajayi Crowther was, the world-renowned Olaudah Equinao had revealed in his autobiography published in 1789 that he was an Igbo man from an Igbo province that was part of the Benin kingdom. He wrote that they were aware of the King of Benin but he had very little influence over them as they were governed by their own council of chiefs and elders. 

So, we've always known that there were Igbo people in the spheres of the Benin empire, and we know some of these people migrated eastward over time. It's nothing new that some Igbo have relationships with the Benin kingdom. We also know that some of the Bini people that fled their kingdom of blood and gore were accommodated by many western Igbo communities. Of course, they were always assimilated by the predominant Igbo culture of the natives. Here and there, you do see minor traces of Bini culture that show some expected cultural exchanges that take place between neighboring cultures. 

Also, when Crowther was in Asaba, the place was named Asaba...an Igbo name. Being a novice on the subject as he was, he wouldn't have known that there are other Asaba communities in Igbo-speaking areas in the SE and SS. Maybe you can cook up a Bini name for Asaba real quick and let us know what it is. Thanks.

Anyway, it's quite laughable that your evidence to your Bini claims is all of three sentences written by Ajayi Crowther. Your only documented evidence to Bini people in Asaba doesn't even make such claims. Crowther himself doesn't even claim that he met Bini people in Asaba, the best he could muster, in his ignorance, was that an amalgamation must have happened way before he ever got there. Why? He met Igbo-speaking people and he supposedly picked out a handful of Bini words(only evidence he offered was "Do" ), the place already had an Igbo name(Asaba), and whatever habits he thought were different from other Igbo, he failed to mention any of it, so that is hogwash too. Again, we know that some proto-Igbo people migrated eastward from areas in the spheres of the Benin empire, and these people know the names of their Igbo forbearers that led them on these migrations. Crowther should have dug deeper or left history work to historians.

No need to get long-winded over your amusing speculations. Whenever you're feeling brave, you can always limp your way across all the Igbo territory between Bini and Asaba, and when you get to Asaba you can inform them that you've come to reclaim your territory. They'll be sure to oblige you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Historical Perspective On Eze Chima And Western Igbos by UGBE634: 9:54am On Nov 07, 2022
Igboid:

There is no such thing as Igbo migration to Asaba.
Igbos indigenously inhabited the two sides of River Niger from Agbor to Cross River and regularly criss crossed the area.
Before Nnebisi had a reverse migration from Nteje in Anambra to Asaba, there an indigenous thriving Igbo community led by a man called "Eze-Anyanwu".
Many indigenous Igbo groups in Western Igbo also migrated from their homelands there to cross River Niger and establish new homes in Eastern Igbo. Example are the Ubulus, the Akris/Akarai, Akalaka who left Western Igbo land to found communities in Ogbaru Anambra, Ogba and Ekpeye in Rivers State.

Igbo is deep rooted in antiquity and much older than Bini who are nothing but a new hybrid group made up Nupe, Igbo, Yoruba and indigenous Edoid people like the Ozas and Esans.

What unique feature does Bini have that seem to point to Nupe,Igbo or yoruba that Oza or Esan does not have. As if Ozas are not ethnic Binis themselves, even Esans are not free in terms of language, they are not a full language ( they are a dialect of Bini) save for a few culture here and there which they collectively share and to a large extent certify them as a different group culturally. The difference in Edo and Esan is not really that of language. ( That is why they are classified as a different group) Edo and Esan bear same names and all. It is one of same history of migration and common culture here and there. Non Edos who do not understand these two dialects should not contribute to such discourse. They might end up confusing other persons

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Historical Perspective On Eze Chima And Western Igbos by morpheus101: 5:43pm On Nov 07, 2022
A simple DNA analysis test will solve all this gibberish being written here. I greatly suspect that if conducted it will show a majority paternal lineage of these fringe amalgamated groups as being predominantly Igbo in origin.

If this were to be the case then "culturally speaking" these groups would be under the umbrella of Igboid groups.

but Alas no one will even suggest such a comprehensive genetic study because they are "afraid" of what they might find out.

My two cents.
Re: My Historical Perspective On Eze Chima And Western Igbos by ANON333: 2:19pm On Nov 08, 2022
samuk:

You express support for a Hausa-fulani sarduana who maliciously in the guise of dispossesing the IGBOS instigated an imperialist agenda mandating ethnicities in the north who were not ethnically Hausas to learn Hausa or else no jobs for them in the northern civil service. That policy accelerated nepotism and is also the reason why today many states in the north from Kogi upwards speak Hausa and are mistaken for Hausa by strangers and themselves too.
Also you claim IGBOS are nothing in Nigeria since they lost the Biafran war but what is this special thing that the SS has benefitted from the Nigeria they supported?
You also seem to be a fake impersonating to be from Edo state.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Choose Between Hausa, Yoruba, And Igbo Language / Apply For SEIFAC/CBN Anchor Borrowers Programme / What Does The Name, Obasanjo Mean In Yoruba?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.