Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,476 members, 7,816,122 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:49 AM

What Would You Do With 50 Acres - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / What Would You Do With 50 Acres (16867 Views)

With 50 Cows 20 Years Ago, I Now Have 1,000 - Idris Isa Bawa / Call For Tractor Plow Services In Nigeria | 50 Acres & above / 50 Acres Of Virgin Land For Sale In Ogbomosho At #80000(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Would You Do With 50 Acres by greenermodels: 3:40pm On Oct 25, 2022
Nero2424:
Can farming and animal husbandry succeed if the owner doent reside in the country? I have a feeling that one day someone will tell someone that no chicken lay egg today.
this is exactly the problem that I have been having been having with my part time farm manager, very unserious and dishonest despite my generosity to him. I have lost so much because of it. Nobody wants to work for a living in this country, we all prefer to be frauds. We would always have the poor among us due to their dishonesty, indiscipline and laziness.

5 Likes

Re: What Would You Do With 50 Acres by Owotutufarms: 10:01am On Oct 27, 2022
Hornome:
If I have the capital ehn
10 acres for Plantain farming
10 for cabbage farming
20 for pepper and tomatoes farming
5 for different varieties of vegetables especially ugu
Remaining 5 for piggery and cat fish farming.
So I go dey make money every season.

Easier said than done

6 Likes

Re: What Would You Do With 50 Acres by greenermodels: 12:15pm On Oct 27, 2022
Owotutufarms:

Easier said than done
oya, say your own na.

2 Likes

Re: What Would You Do With 50 Acres by Bolutife3(m): 3:34pm On Oct 27, 2022
Integrated piggery farming
Re: What Would You Do With 50 Acres by Bolutife3(m): 3:45pm On Oct 27, 2022
Good day sir/ma, well we all sharing ideas together. My name is adesanya bolutife, to me having a big FARM those not mean it a profitable farming . Some small scale FARm are actually making it than some big farm. Paper work of agriculture is really interesting than physical work. I have my own piggery farming. Am doing well as well, facing my challenges. I have made alot from piggery farming. The only advice I will give a new farmer is to start small. Thank you.

10 Likes

Re: What Would You Do With 50 Acres by Chidiebubeoji: 3:52pm On Oct 27, 2022
Bolutife3:
Good day sir/ma, well we all sharing ideas together. My name is adesanya bolutife, to me having a big FARM those not mean it a profitable farming . Some small scale FARm are actually making it than some big farm. Paper work of agriculture is really interesting than physical work. I have my own piggery farming. Am doing well as well, facing my challenges. I have made alot from piggery farming. The only advice I will give a new farmer is to start small. Thank you.
God bless you

1 Like

Re: What Would You Do With 50 Acres by greenermodels: 4:44pm On Oct 27, 2022
Bolutife3:
you're right but you haven't answered the question of what to do with 50 acres.
Re: What Would You Do With 50 Acres by leyeojo64: 12:27pm On Oct 28, 2022
Very unrealistic
Antimarraige:
yes it will also have its own farm and poultry and its own chicken restaurant where extra farm products will be utilized and birds from the poultry will be the main source of the specialized chicken restaurant for students, where they will eat mostly everytime of the day

Capîce?
Re: What Would You Do With 50 Acres by greenermodels: 12:45pm On Oct 28, 2022
leyeojo64:
Very unrealistic
so what would you do with 50 acres?
Re: What Would You Do With 50 Acres by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:06am On Nov 08, 2022
FARM!

FARM!!

FARM!!!

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Would You Do With 50 Acres by Odior1023(m): 9:07am On Nov 08, 2022
Depends on the location sha. Me: Farm Or Warehouses!
Re: What Would You Do With 50 Acres by Tinubuwins2023e: 9:07am On Nov 08, 2022
greenermodels:
If you have 50 acres of fertile farm land in the southwest, what would you do with it?

Real Estate

1 Like

Re: What Would You Do With 50 Acres by Odior1023(m): 9:09am On Nov 08, 2022
Depends on the location. Me: Farm Or Warehouses!
Re: What Would You Do With 50 Acres by blacksam01: 9:10am On Nov 08, 2022
greenermodels:
See better ideas, Nigerians are great people, if the government can give us low interest loans like farmers in other countries, we would surely make a great nation.

mk i hear...giv them loans they will buy cars instead nd lodge fine finegirl for hotel, snap full Instagram nd waste money, den start to hide from government

2 Likes

Re: What Would You Do With 50 Acres by Wondam: 9:10am On Nov 08, 2022
Many things
Re: What Would You Do With 50 Acres by Ireportlive: 9:11am On Nov 08, 2022
Write a proposal to bank of agriculture on loan for a 3 month Vegetable farming, 3 months Agbado farming , and a 1 year Cassava farming

My off takers are Ethanol factory in Oyo State and Ondo State, Bodija food market for vegetable

1 Like

Re: What Would You Do With 50 Acres by Eriokanmi: 9:11am On Nov 08, 2022
greenermodels:
If you have 50 acres of fertile farm land in the southwest, what would you do with it?
Lol gbin Ęgę and thank me later. Cassava Export is the in-thing now. I just gave you a tip you didn't pay for.

You may consider oil palm plantation too..there are some species you couid grow and in 2 years, you'd commence harvesting.

3 Likes

Re: What Would You Do With 50 Acres by Bayaar02(m): 9:12am On Nov 08, 2022
50 acres is approx. 20 hectares.
Start Cassava farming.
Find cassava stem,plough the land and ridge.
Plant and spray pre emergence Afterwards.
Spray post emergence 6 wks after.
Let Cassava reach maturity stage.
Yield per hectares should reach 25tonnes.
Current price per tonnage is 30k.
Do the maths.

1 Like

Re: What Would You Do With 50 Acres by DjRickyNG: 9:14am On Nov 08, 2022
greenermodels:

30 accre for Cucumber,Tomatoes,Onion & pepper

5 accre for Pig,Fish & poultry farm

15 accre for for maize,soybeans etc for livestock feed ingredients.
Re: What Would You Do With 50 Acres by Patented: 9:14am On Nov 08, 2022
tree cropping
greenermodels:

1 Like

Re: What Would You Do With 50 Acres by wittychap1: 9:16am On Nov 08, 2022
Affordable farmland and no flooding issues.

1 Like

Re: What Would You Do With 50 Acres by Moymoy: 9:17am On Nov 08, 2022
Right in my family, the land we own is close to 300 hectares. It's sitting idle because no one is interested in staying in the village. Plus, the reality of witchcraft. If you want to invest in large scale agriculture, may God help you if they don't use "air force" or physically poison you.

1 Like

Re: What Would You Do With 50 Acres by Cheapgadget(f): 9:18am On Nov 08, 2022
Who no go know no
Re: What Would You Do With 50 Acres by ytdivine(m): 9:20am On Nov 08, 2022
I will turn it to garden of Eden as shown on the link below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4K4LOJShmVU
Re: What Would You Do With 50 Acres by Nobody: 9:20am On Nov 08, 2022
Create a farm settlement.

Provided we will be allowed to protect over selves. And you will give us assurance for another 50 acres within and 200 acres cumulatively.

We should be able to house 100-300 farmers and their families. We will also need a guarantee of right of first refusal. We don’t want stories that touches the heart.
Re: What Would You Do With 50 Acres by Angrygoat: 9:22am On Nov 08, 2022
Build a factory and start processing coke weed for export.

1 Like

Re: What Would You Do With 50 Acres by Johel(m): 9:22am On Nov 08, 2022
greenermodels:

Farm...crops and live stocks.
Re: What Would You Do With 50 Acres by MeaslesMumpsRub: 9:23am On Nov 08, 2022
I will seek a soft long term agric loan and I will plant Cocoa.

I have no idea how difficult the loan will be to source for but I know 50 acres of Cocoa will bring a lot of dough
Re: What Would You Do With 50 Acres by Nobody: 9:24am On Nov 08, 2022
I will gift it to Tinubu grin
Re: What Would You Do With 50 Acres by Nobody: 9:24am On Nov 08, 2022
greenermodels:
I might contact you later to help set something up for me in Anambra there, I just remembered that you're already in the state. My experience farming there is ugly which is why I want to move to the southwest. Farm labourers are scarce, unserious and heartless. The only way to farm successfully there is to leave your city job and move into the rural areas to do it by yourself which is not feasible for me since I want a gradual transition to the rural areas for retirement. It's also difficult to get up to 5 acres in that state for integrated farming plus the fact that flooding is disturbing farming communities there continuously since 2012 nonstop. Land disputes is another problem as every community there seems to be in court over land dispute. Anambra offers best prices for farm products but their trouble is too much. Very expensive land prices is another matter.

Really?
Re: What Would You Do With 50 Acres by tbred: 9:24am On Nov 08, 2022
Impressive ideas

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

FEC Bans Foreigners From Purchasing Agricultural Produce At The Farm Gate / Successful Pineapple Farming Tips / Anybody Interested In Yam Business From Zakibiam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.