Stats: 3,152,657 members, 7,816,686 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:19 PM

What Would You Do With 50 Acres - Agriculture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / What Would You Do With 50 Acres (16887 Views)

With 50 Cows 20 Years Ago, I Now Have 1,000 - Idris Isa Bawa / Call For Tractor Plow Services In Nigeria | 50 Acres & above / 50 Acres Of Virgin Land For Sale In Ogbomosho At #80000(photos) (2) (3) (4)

Re: What Would You Do With 50 Acres by RichAbujaGuy: 12:42pm On Nov 08, 2022
I would make sure all land legal documents are in order, then get soil samples and study the most productive growing crops for my 50 acres.
Then get a grant from the state or federal government for financial assistance. There are various programs if you are serious about searching for the sources and applying.

10 food crops in Nigeria you can grow

Monday, September 24, 2018 at 4:55 PM by Adrianna Simwa

Read more: https://www.legit.ng/1191190-10-food-crops-nigeria-grow.html

Re: What Would You Do With 50 Acres by Kavod: 12:58pm On Nov 08, 2022
Hornome:
If I have the capital ehn
10 acres for Plantain farming
10 for cabbage farming
20 for pepper and tomatoes farming
5 for different varieties of vegetables especially ugu
Remaining 5 for piggery and cat fish farming.
So I go dey make money every season.
You see this question? It goes two ways, ONE the easy way out which is to sell it and the other the hard and most profitable, now you have the land and it's not fenced which would cost of over 50 million to fence. Then another 80 million to plow... Then the planting and LABOUR of any kind of agricultural element would still cost like 10-15 million, then if you try to go into animal farming of any kind them you would need another 40 million. The maintenance alone for those animals before you reap the rewards then that's another 20 million minus workers monthly salaries.
You see Nigerian farmers with huge farmlands and it's profitable are all GOVERNMENT workers or are laundering money from a government official. I be farmer so nor argue with me.

Re: What Would You Do With 50 Acres by Lonelyhrt1(m): 1:10pm On Nov 08, 2022
FarmTech:

Except I will do it remotely.

I have 25 acres of land where I have planted 8 acres of palm. I’d need your service by January on what and what can be planted on the other plots. Although I plan on planting 20 acres of Palm and using the other 5 acres for livestock farming.
I’m still thinking if that’s a good idea.
Re: What Would You Do With 50 Acres by Pjoe238: 1:13pm On Nov 08, 2022
Give me the land first and see what I will do with it in the next one year
greenermodels:
If you have 50 acres of fertile farm land in the southwest, what would you do with it?
Re: What Would You Do With 50 Acres by SugarGirl44(f): 1:19pm On Nov 08, 2022
Nero2424:
Can farming and animal husbandry succeed if the owner doent reside in the country? I have a feeling that one day someone will tell someone that no chicken lay egg today.

Lolzzzzz
Re: What Would You Do With 50 Acres by Rechargeam247(f): 1:25pm On Nov 08, 2022
Hmmn!
Re: What Would You Do With 50 Acres by Rechargeam247(f): 1:28pm On Nov 08, 2022
Hmmn! First question, how did you acquire that much land? Family inheritance or it was purchased?? If it was purchased? how did you go about it to be sure you don't fall into wrong hands??
Re: What Would You Do With 50 Acres by SocialJustice: 1:29pm On Nov 08, 2022
WantsandMore:

Part Automation part manual will go a long way.
It's best he focuses on vegetables alone. Well managed 50acre vegetable green house will be more profitable than adding plantain and animals, the rate of return is slow compared to only vegetable.

Re: What Would You Do With 50 Acres by sylve11: 1:30pm On Nov 08, 2022
Kobicove:

In Nigeria no matter how well you treat your employees 99% of them will steal steal from you the first chance they get! undecided

E go shock you! angry

He doesn't know.

Let him be shouting "zeal" up and down there. cool

Re: What Would You Do With 50 Acres by Lastbornomomama(m): 1:31pm On Nov 08, 2022
I will build a farm city with that, if I have the capital. but if I don't have have capital I will sell little and use the rest for farmland/home. I love farming... but nobody to empower me.
Re: What Would You Do With 50 Acres by sylve11: 1:38pm On Nov 08, 2022
blacksam01:

mk i hear...giv them loans they will buy cars instead nd lodge fine finegirl for hotel, snap full Instagram nd waste money, den start to hide from government

grin cool
Re: What Would You Do With 50 Acres by Hornome: 1:39pm On Nov 08, 2022
As if I have the time to cheesy
Kavod:

You see this question? It goes two ways, ONE the easy way out which is to sell it and the other the hard and most profitable, now you have the land and it's not fenced which would cost of over 50 million to fence. Then another 80 million to plow... Then the planting and LABOUR of any kind of agricultural element would still cost like 10-15 million, then if you try to go into animal farming of any kind them you would need another 40 million. The maintenance alone for those animals before you reap the rewards then that's another 20 million minus workers monthly salaries.
You see Nigerian farmers with huge farmlands and it's profitable are all GOVERNMENT workers or are laundering money from a government official. I be farmer so nor argue with me.
Re: What Would You Do With 50 Acres by sylve11: 1:47pm On Nov 08, 2022
Moymoy:
Right in my family, the land we own is close to 300 hectares. It's sitting idle because no one is interested in staying in the village. Plus, the reality of witchcraft. If you want to invest in large scale agriculture, may God help you if they don't use "air force" or physically poison you.

Lol @ air force grin cool
Re: What Would You Do With 50 Acres by sylve11: 1:56pm On Nov 08, 2022
lifestyle1:

You just successfully provide food for python.

Good one!

grin cool
Re: What Would You Do With 50 Acres by Godmind2022(m): 2:00pm On Nov 08, 2022
Plant cash crops like banana, plantain, coconut, orange, cocoa etc. All or a combination of a few of these is great. If you are looking for a partner, I don't mind to join you.

greenermodels:
If you have 50 acres of fertile farm land in the southwest, what would you do with it?
Re: What Would You Do With 50 Acres by Godmind2022(m): 2:08pm On Nov 08, 2022
I can be your partner on full time, depending on how big your land is. Let me know if you are interested.

greenermodels:
land is very costly in Akure/Ondo compared to Oyo but what if I get about 5 acres of good fertile land in Akure, can you help me to set it up for vegetables and fruits? Target is the market in Onitsha.
Re: What Would You Do With 50 Acres by sylve11: 2:08pm On Nov 08, 2022
Germi9:
Everybody farm ..farm ,nobody dey even reason Ashawo quarters, there’s money in it

Gad damn it! shocked shocked cool
Re: What Would You Do With 50 Acres by SK1SOLA: 2:16pm On Nov 08, 2022
If it's in kwara I will, go into farming, poultry business, fishery and animals rearing.

Let me see the land first
Re: What Would You Do With 50 Acres by nightsaint(m): 2:26pm On Nov 08, 2022
With that much land I'll plant Palm trees and cassava for my future processing plants.
Re: What Would You Do With 50 Acres by Ijb11: 2:36pm On Nov 08, 2022
Many
Re: What Would You Do With 50 Acres by SocialJustice: 3:08pm On Nov 08, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:
Coconut and Cannabis farming.
You're pretty. Local cannabis or high THC breed?
Re: What Would You Do With 50 Acres by SocialJustice: 3:11pm On Nov 08, 2022
Cutehector:
Double this amount, your calculation is wrong but by producing organic fertiliser and garri. Make 200-500% producing industrial starch or ethanol.
Re: What Would You Do With 50 Acres by SocialJustice: 3:12pm On Nov 08, 2022
olasquare:

This reply is sensible, but it is not holistic and practically detailed to the intent of the question. On a managerial view, how are the staffs going to be coordinated, delegates etc. It is good you trying to appeal to their emotions and feelings with the way you treat them, but this alone won't sustain the farm. Your zeal and aura can fuel you not them if such zeal is not in them. How do you transfer the zeal to them.

Note: Nigerian employee no send you most times just as most employers don't send them. So it boils to put behaviour to each other
Install cameras. Case closed.

Re: What Would You Do With 50 Acres by SocialJustice: 3:14pm On Nov 08, 2022
Bayaar02:

Wow.
U need to up your arithmetical skill.
Simple arithmetic.
Lol.
Re: What Would You Do With 50 Acres by SocialJustice: 3:18pm On Nov 08, 2022
Kavod:

Where have you see a person fencing 50 acres for farm? It is not practical, you will exhaust your capital building the fence alone. You can fence with jatropha or dig a 6ft trench around the farm.
Re: What Would You Do With 50 Acres by Kavod: 3:20pm On Nov 08, 2022
SocialJustice:
Where have you see a person fencing 50 acres for farm? It is not practical, you will exhaust your capital building the fence alone. You can fence with jatropha or dig a 6ft trench around the farm.
OTA, OBJ FARM
Re: What Would You Do With 50 Acres by Cutehector(m): 3:21pm On Nov 08, 2022
SocialJustice:
Double this amount, your calculation is wrong but by producing organic fertiliser and garri. Make 200-500% producing industrial starch or ethanol.
how can i produce industrial starch or ethanol.
Re: What Would You Do With 50 Acres by almujeebe(m): 4:08pm On Nov 08, 2022
SocialJustice:
It is an insect that is replacing protein needs of animals that is currently supplied by soya and fish meal.

If you know how to grow it, a hectare will produce 10,000 tons compared to 1,000 ton produced by soya on same size land.
Are you already practicing this or you’re still studying it?
Re: What Would You Do With 50 Acres by SocialJustice: 4:09pm On Nov 08, 2022
Cutehector:
how can i produce industrial starch or ethanol.
Use YouTube to search videos. Industrial starch is normal starch for clothes but it must meet certain production standards. Ethanol is produced by dissolving industrial starch in water and adding yeast. Then you distill and concentrate.
Re: What Would You Do With 50 Acres by DearGorgeous(f): 4:12pm On Nov 08, 2022
greenermodels:

Give it to me first, and come back with this same question in a year's time.

Presently, my brain is already conjuring up different kinds of projects on that land!

Waiting for your handover call.
Re: What Would You Do With 50 Acres by SocialJustice: 4:13pm On Nov 08, 2022
almujeebe:

Are you already practicing this or you’re still studying it?
I'm just an enthusiast. I hope to invest in successful BSFL protein producers in the future.
Re: What Would You Do With 50 Acres by Cutehector(m): 4:29pm On Nov 08, 2022
SocialJustice:
Use YouTube to search videos. Industrial starch is normal starch for clothes but it must meet certain production standards. Ethanol is produced by dissolving industrial starch in water and adding yeast. Then you distill and concentrate.
thank you

Successful Pineapple Farming Tips / Anybody Interested In Yam Business From Zakibiam / Theft Of Farm Produce Spreads Across Nigeria