Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,884 members, 7,828,141 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:44 AM

Do Igbos Prefer Atiku To Tinubu? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Do Igbos Prefer Atiku To Tinubu? (2607 Views)

2023: Some APC Members Prefer Atiku To Tinubu — Lamido / Why I Prefer Atiku To Peter Obi ― Reno Omokri / Most Igbos Prefer Osibanjo To Peter Obi. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Igbos Prefer Atiku To Tinubu? by dettolgel: 7:19pm On Oct 03, 2022
LegendHero:
OP, you need to read political history a bit so you won't need to re-ask the question.

In 1979, Igbos voted more for Shagari than Awolowo even when both Awo/Shagari chose an Igbo vice.

That is your answer. If Obi had not been on the ballot, all those screaming Obituary today will still vote Atiku more then Tinubu in the elections. They will also vote Atiku against Fashola so it is not only about Tinubu hate to them, it is deeper than that.

If only Obi and Atiku are on the ballot who would Yoruba vote for? grin
Re: Do Igbos Prefer Atiku To Tinubu? by Kingspin(m): 7:20pm On Oct 03, 2022
donphilopus:

Then how did you guys elect the like of Ikpeazu the kerosene distributing governor? Is he also the best? Even if APC had given Osinbajo their ticket, you guys would have still termed him a fake Pastor. So why the noise now?
Ask INEC and Ask federal government court.
Do you remember IMO state case?
The federal government declare war on any state or governor that speak up.
There is a Federal road in my area, they have refused to constructure the road.
State have their own issues Yes but the federal government is doing a terrible job in Nigeria.

Like I used to say Hiring a crowd or talking to a gov does mean you won the election.
INEC should more professional.
Re: Do Igbos Prefer Atiku To Tinubu? by SILVERLINES: 7:20pm On Oct 03, 2022
You modafucka

Here we prefer obi over every thieves mentioned above
Re: Do Igbos Prefer Atiku To Tinubu? by 9japride(m): 7:21pm On Oct 03, 2022
candidtalk:

Hatred and envy of Yorubas of course. Ask them what Atiku has ever done for them. Let Igbos name even a single thing.

Yet, what has Tinubu not done to empower and uplift Igbos within his officialcapacityand power?

[color=#006600][/color]

You guys are just too funny. If an enlightened person or a white man read this stuff you wrote he will just conclude that blacks lives on tree. If Tibunu was younger or very strong it will be a difficult ride for Peter Obi. Tinubu can remain as a king maker and he will be highly respected. Nigeria is not a toy that everyone will just pick up and play anyhow with it. With all the natural and mineral resources, what have we achieve it? Maybe when one want's to take a flight he/she will board a plane being piloted by a agbero or thug just because na my tribe person. You guys should stop this unnecessary blackmailing statement that Tinubu helped Igbos. We are talking of the betterment of the country and not chop I chop kind of politics. The era of 1999 style of politics is over. Tribalism is worst than racism.
Re: Do Igbos Prefer Atiku To Tinubu? by Nobody: 7:22pm On Oct 03, 2022
Sonyboom765:

No Yoruba prefer Atiku to Obi
I doubt if there is any soul antagonizing as much as I do but Atiku can never be an option because a Northerner just completed 8 years no reason supersede power coming to the south in 2023 for the Yorubas. It is igbos that out of hate would rather another Fulani continue after 8 years of another Fulani.

This is aside the fact that Tinubu remains the best candidate judging from their various achievement n antecedent

You're right. Obi is a waste of space and a coward but I cannot be comfortable supporting Atiku above him if they were the only two running.

Worst case, I will abstain than vote Atiku. Simply a no no for me after Buhari's 8 years. Nigeria needs to heal from very deep and ultra-toxic ethno-religious division I feel Buhari and his cabal caused deliberately in pursuit of their own private agenda.

North should, if decent, sacrifice to deliver this healing Nigeria needs for her peace and ethno-religious cohesion.

An Atiku Presidency, or any Northern one for that matter, is very dangerous for Nigeria at this point in time in my opinion.

Below is what I want that I know, 10000%, no Northerner will support. Very simple choice for me. Obi is a waste of a slot and a coward but I will never go out to vote Atiku either if only Obi and Atiku are running.

It will feel like I am hanging myself and my generations unborn voting Atiku and it will feel like I am voting another Goodluck Jonathan going to thumbprint for Obi.

3 Likes

Re: Do Igbos Prefer Atiku To Tinubu? by DWickedLandLord: 7:25pm On Oct 03, 2022
My own is that I don't like how APC sold us Buhari. Time waits for no man n Nigeria is not going to get this past 8yrs back .

The igbos was called all types of names for being against Buhari n sticking to their principle.

2019 election felt like voting Buhari just to spite the igbos.

I have no idea how that man won reelection.

N now everyone is crying. But still no apologies to the igbos yet.

Buhari is exactly what a one term president looks like

Tinubu is also catching strays because of Buhari's performance. But his age is an issue for me n many others. That does not mean you hate the man if you raise that issue
Re: Do Igbos Prefer Atiku To Tinubu? by Gongoozler: 7:27pm On Oct 03, 2022
IGBOs prefer atiku to tinubu based on competence and not hatred. Peter obi's fame rose like this because the whole South denied Osibanjo apc ticket. Believe this, if Osibanjo is apc flag bearer Peter obi will not enjoy what he is enjoying now. Since inception IGBO always vote excellence over tribe. After Goodluck 1st tenure did Igbos vote him 4 2nd tenure? We chose to vote buhari thinking he will solve Nigerias problem but he failed. On Buhari's 2nd tenure Igbos rejected him and voted Atiku. Why are you guys always see it as hatred towards Yorubas.
Pls Yorubas, if this country starts functioning as supposed will only Igbos enjoy it? As the country is suffering now because of ttibalistic sentiments, is it only Igbos that are suffering?
Believe it or not Igbos are strongly rejecting BAT cause of his choice of vice and the party APC. APC as a party has wrecked havoc in the south east. So we strongly reject APC.
Look at Tinubu vice a known bokoharam member, coupled with Tinubu health challenge. That means if tinubu is passes out while on sit, not wishing him that Shettima a bokoharam member will become our president. Do you know the doom that has befallen us if it happens?
Pls am not advocating for Peter Obi even though he is the one I personally will vote. But instead tinubu my brothers vote Atiku. Thank you
Re: Do Igbos Prefer Atiku To Tinubu? by vhykeeytor(m): 7:28pm On Oct 03, 2022
Sonyboom765:
No Yoruba prefer Atiku to Obi
I doubt if there is any soul antagonizing as much as I do but Atiku can never be an option because a Northerner just completed 8 years no reason supersede power coming to the south in 2023 for the Yorubas. It is igbos that out of hate would rather another Fulani continue after 8 years of another Fulani.

This is aside the fact that Tinubu remains the best candidate judging from their various achievement n antecedent

You don't know anything. Go and ask all the members of MURIC, and those who use their saliva to wash their dick when they urinate in the South West, whom they would support between Atiku and Obi? You would be Shock that Obi won't get 10% vote cast from Yoruba Muslim.

I was talking to one of my Yoruba Muslim friend(Lateef) in Ketu some days ago, the guy told me that 80% of Yoruba voted Buhari against Jonathan, not because they believe he can deliver but they did it out of jealousy and to spite the igbos supporting Jonathan...The result of their foolishness is what we are facing in the country today. Total collapse of the economy. Where 100% revenue earned is used to service debt @70%. These are the kinda people we share same country with. Smh...

2 Likes

Re: Do Igbos Prefer Atiku To Tinubu? by Kazim88: 7:33pm On Oct 03, 2022
I know many Igbos that told me they would have voted Osibanjo over Atiku anytime anyday before APC and PDP primary.

The race would be tough if it was Osibanjo Vs Obi. Osibanjo could have won... Tinubu vs Obi is an Insult to Tinubu lagacy.

Tinubu should not have run. He is very very sick and He is already National Hero in the other of Azikiwe, Awolowo.

He should had retire with Honour instead of putting himself through the rigor of election.

Any Yoruba person encouraging Tinubu presidency is just doing it because of normal tribalism. Nothing personal.

1 Like

Re: Do Igbos Prefer Atiku To Tinubu? by ForumNL(m): 9:00pm On Oct 03, 2022
vhykeeytor:

The same way the Yoruba preferred a useless Buhari with NEPA Bill certificate for a Jonathan. The result is what we are facing now. It's not only igbos....we from Niger Delta (South South) prefer Atiku 100 times to a kleptomaniac like Asiwaju Tinubu.

Stop talking nonsense, this is 2015 election despite Jonathan's marginalization of Yorubas

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do Igbos Prefer Atiku To Tinubu? by ForumNL(m): 9:01pm On Oct 03, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:
You the Yorubas have made us dislike anything Yoruba with the way you display hate on Igbos each day here on Nairaland.
I'm happy you admit hatred for Yoruba

Guess what, no Yoruba has the time to hate

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do Igbos Prefer Atiku To Tinubu? by ForumNL(m): 9:07pm On Oct 03, 2022
vhykeeytor:

You don't know anything. Go and ask all the members of MURIC, and those who use their saliva to wash their dick when they urinate in the South West, whom they would support between Atiku and Obi? You would be Shock that Obi won't get 10% vote cast from Yoruba Muslim.

I was talking to one of my Yoruba Muslim friend(Lateef) in Ketu some days ago, the guy told me that 80% of Yoruba voted Buhari against Jonathan, not because they believe he can deliver but they did it out of jealousy and to spite the igbos supporting Jonathan...The result of their foolishness is what we are facing in the country today. Total collapse of the economy. Where 100% revenue earned is used to service debt @70%. These are the kinda people we share same country with. Smh...
Talking nonsense

1 Like

Re: Do Igbos Prefer Atiku To Tinubu? by Nobody: 9:09pm On Oct 03, 2022
ForumNL:

I'm happy you admit hatred for Yoruba

Guess what, no Yoruba has the time to hate

I was careful with my words

I said dislike.

Dislike is different from hate

Hate is a powerful word

Your mind is already filled with the later hence your conclusion

1 Like

Re: Do Igbos Prefer Atiku To Tinubu? by FatherOfJesus: 9:11pm On Oct 03, 2022
Yeah kinda.

That Tinubu Yoruba lokan statement makes it hard for any southsouth or southeast person to support his tribalistic agenda.

It’s the reason why Atiku will win this election

1 Like

Re: Do Igbos Prefer Atiku To Tinubu? by trantayo: 9:14pm On Oct 03, 2022
Ibos hates Yorubas generally, we know that for sure. Ibos can never be trusted. Tinubu is the best candidate not be noise

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do Igbos Prefer Atiku To Tinubu? by ForumNL(m): 9:15pm On Oct 03, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:

I was careful with my words

I said dislike.

Dislike is different from hate

Hate is a powerful word

Your mind is already filled with the later hence your conclusion
It shows you are a poor writer

"Dislike anything Yoruba" that you used depicts strong hatred moreover, you will always think everyone is doing what you do

Even at that long term dislike grows into hatred

Igbos hate so much, but we Yorubas don't have the time

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do Igbos Prefer Atiku To Tinubu? by Nobody: 9:21pm On Oct 03, 2022
ForumNL:

It shows you are a poor writer

"Dislike anything Yoruba" that you used depicts strong hatred moreover, you will always think everyone is doing what you do

Even at that long term dislike grows into hatred

Igbos hate so much, but we Yorubas don't hate the time

You Yorubas hate too much!

The only thing I know Igbos are guilty of is they think they're better than anyone else.

But they don't hate.... they're just too confident
Re: Do Igbos Prefer Atiku To Tinubu? by Nobody: 10:18pm On Oct 03, 2022
Kazim88:
I know many Igbos that told me they would have voted Osibanjo over Atiku anytime anyday before APC and PDP primary.

The race would be tough if it was Osibanjo Vs Obi. Osibanjo could have won... Tinubu vs Obi is an Insult to Tinubu lagacy.

Tinubu should not have run. He is very very sick and He is already National Hero in the other of Azikiwe, Awolowo.

He should had retire with Honour instead of putting himself through the rigor of election.

Any Yoruba person encouraging Tinubu presidency is just doing it because of normal tribalism. Nothing personal.

You guys are clowns and the real tribalists. If Tinubu is known for anything it is his ability to convene the best and most competent team available regardless of ethnic, sectional or religious background. Find another excuse bro.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Igbos Prefer Atiku To Tinubu? by vhykeeytor(m): 11:49pm On Oct 03, 2022
ForumNL:

Stop talking nonsense, this is 2015 election despite Jonathan's marginalization of Yorubas

You just indicted yourself ... Jonathan didnt win any state in South West. The yoruba's marginalized themselves by supporting a Tambuwal as Speaker HOR against the PDP choice of someone from the south. We from SS we are waiting for Asiwaju come 2023. If he gets up to 20k vote in the whole of SS I would relocate to Togo for 4year.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do Igbos Prefer Atiku To Tinubu? by vhykeeytor(m): 11:54pm On Oct 03, 2022
candidtalk:

You guys are clowns and the real tribalists. If Tinubu is known for anything it is his ability to convene the best and most competent team available regardless of ethnic, sectional or religious background. Find another excuse bro.

You still be mumu... even a dummy would perform as governor of Lagos State. What did Aregbesola do in Osun state, how about fashiola as minister of power, what was his achievement? I don't even wanna mention the total failure Sunday Dare Minister of youth and sports. Best brains indeed and non of them is being considered for a top Job in World Bank, IMF, AFDB, etc
Re: Do Igbos Prefer Atiku To Tinubu? by Tinubuadvocate: 12:00am On Oct 04, 2022
Unfortunately you can't help the matter because thousand of igbo can't stop Tinubu from getting to Aso rock in 2023.
Proudlyomonna:

As an Igboman,I have no problem with Tinubu as a person,but in terms of govt both him and Atiku can't handle a Country like Nija where them and their other evil politicians have wrecked so much destruct upon the Country.
Plus I will choose anything but his evil demonic APC.
If Obi doesn't have it,I will prefer Atiku to keep it, since we all refused to come to equity with clean hands then let's all suffer the consequences together.
Let's see how it plays out having the North hold power for 16 straight up years bcus we chose to play greed.
Obidiati is the way forward.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do Igbos Prefer Atiku To Tinubu? by paramakina202: 12:05am On Oct 04, 2022
ForumNL:
I see many igbos saying they would rather vote Atiku instead of Tinubu, this begs a question, If Tinubu picked a Christian as vice president, will igbos vote him?

Definitely it's a resounding No!

They are actually okay with a northerner and Fulani as a matter of fact to succeed his tribesman

Why do igbos prefer Atiku to Tinubu?

Atiku have visited Igboland many times this years while Tinubu is avoiding Igboland.
Atiku is obviously more friendly to the Igbos than Tinubu.
If Tinubu can't visit Igboland as a candidate how sure are you he will visit when elected.
Atiku have chosen an Igbo VP 3 times.I think many Igbos believe Atiku will serve their interest much better than Tinubu will ever be.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do Igbos Prefer Atiku To Tinubu? by Proudlyomonna: 12:12am On Oct 04, 2022
Tinubuadvocate:
Unfortunately you can't help the matter because thousand of igbo can't stop Tinubu from getting to Aso rock in 2023.

Igbo You say grin grin
If to se you understand watin dey sup for the streets you go sabi se Igbo no even dey Voltage APC sef.
Abi na Igbos dey burn brooms upandan grin
All man don gree se APC na like Natural disaster, e no dey ask Tribe or Religion or Party before e do him damages,so we are taking APC out first because of Our survival ,na when person dey alive him go fit do tribalism na grin
Apc is a big threat to Life and security.
APC MUST GO.
Re: Do Igbos Prefer Atiku To Tinubu? by Tinubuadvocate: 12:18am On Oct 04, 2022
You just don't have sense I swear.
Proudlyomonna:

Igbo You say grin grin
If to se you understand watin dey sup for the streets you go sabi se Igbo no even dey Voltage APC sef.
Abi na Igbos dey burn brooms upandan grin
All man don gree se APC na like Natural disaster, e no dey ask Tribe or Religion or Party before e do him damages,so we are taking APC out first because of Our survival ,na when person dey alive him go fit do tribalism na grin
Apc is a big threat to Life and security.
APC MUST GO.
Re: Do Igbos Prefer Atiku To Tinubu? by Proudlyomonna: 12:20am On Oct 04, 2022
Tinubuadvocate:
You just don't have sense I swear.

It's impossible to want APC that has been the greatest disaster to hit this Country to retain power and have senseless grin
You have no business with sense,your own condition and senseleness just be like dis grin

Re: Do Igbos Prefer Atiku To Tinubu? by Tinubuadvocate: 12:23am On Oct 04, 2022
If you have sense will you be creating different moniker on Nairaland and use them to tormenting people up and down.
Proudlyomonna:

It's impossible to want APC that has been the greatest disaster to hit this Country to retain power and have senseless grin
You have no business with sense,your own condition and senseleness just be like dis grin
Re: Do Igbos Prefer Atiku To Tinubu? by Sonyboom765: 1:11am On Oct 04, 2022
Did he explain why Yorubas voted Jonathon in 2011 or you are too brain dead to remember.

vhykeeytor:

1 Like

Re: Do Igbos Prefer Atiku To Tinubu? by GeneralPula: 1:34am On Oct 04, 2022
Kazim88:

Oga rest. Lies after lies. Before the primary, check all the threads about Osinbajo on nairaland - Igbos have been hating on him. Calling him all sort of names cuz they had believed Apc would present Osinbajo..

All these words of Igbos would have supported Osinbajo are words they started saying after the primary just to save face. Osinbajo that they’ve been calling a fake pastor or what?

Top of it all, tinubu has a high chances of winning then any other body and that’s the main reason for the hatred... We sabi their scope, all of it.
Re: Do Igbos Prefer Atiku To Tinubu? by GeneralPula: 1:36am On Oct 04, 2022
paramakina202:

Atiku have visited Igboland many times this years while Tinubu is avoiding Igboland.
Atiku is obvious more friendly to the Igbos than Tinubu.
If Tinubu can't visit Igboland as a candidate how sure are you he will visit when elected.
Atiku have chosen an Igbo VP 3 times.I think many Igbos believe Atiku will serve their interest much better than Tinubu will ever be.

Good. I like the way Igbos believe Atiku will serve their interest. I hope he wins and serve their interest.
Re: Do Igbos Prefer Atiku To Tinubu? by GeneralPula: 1:41am On Oct 04, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:

You Yorubas hate too much!

The only thing I know Igbos are guilty of is they think they're better than anyone else.

But they don't hate.... they're just too confident
I’m sure you a troll. No tribe is as tribal as the yeeboz. Go through this thread below to see when Igbos started this hatred thing on Naira land...

https://www.nairaland.com/745731/yoruba-marginalization-elders-met-jonathan

Whatever the Igbos are getting today is what they’ve been serving for long.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do Igbos Prefer Atiku To Tinubu? by GeneralPula: 1:45am On Oct 04, 2022
vhykeeytor:

You just indicted yourself ... Jonathan didnt win any state in South West. The yoruba's marginalized themselves by supporting a Tambuwal as Speaker HOR against the PDP choice of someone from the south. We from SS we are waiting for Asiwaju come 2023. If he gets up to 20k vote in the whole of SS I would relocate to Togo for 4year.

Ojukwu be proud of your tribe..

You Igbos don’t know that it’s very easy to spot an Igbo man through his vocals, even if he’s acting like a German..

Safe trip in advance to you. Ghana is not far from Togo, you should try to branch Ghana too. It’s called exploring..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do Igbos Prefer Atiku To Tinubu? by Dubaku543: 1:50am On Oct 04, 2022
LegendHero:
OP, you need to read political history a bit so you won't need to re-ask the question.

In 1979, Igbos voted more for Shagari than Awolowo even when both Awo/Shagari chose an Igbo vice.

That is your answer. If Obi had not been on the ballot, all those screaming Obituary today will still vote Atiku more then Tinubu in the elections. They will also vote Atiku against Fashola so it is not only about Tinubu hate to them, it is deeper than that.
I will vote Osibanjo over Atiku.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

INEC & APC Lawyers Contradict Themselves Over Shettima's Double Nomination / The Metamorphosis Of Pa Awolowo's 20 Pounds to Ndigbo. / Is This Onitsha-owerri Expressway?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.