Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,200 members, 7,829,291 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:39 AM

Do Igbos Prefer Atiku To Tinubu? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Do Igbos Prefer Atiku To Tinubu? (2610 Views)

2023: Some APC Members Prefer Atiku To Tinubu — Lamido / Why I Prefer Atiku To Peter Obi ― Reno Omokri / Most Igbos Prefer Osibanjo To Peter Obi. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Igbos Prefer Atiku To Tinubu? by Pleasant01: 1:55am On Oct 04, 2022
vhykeeytor:

You just indicted yourself ... Jonathan didnt win any state in South West. The yoruba's marginalized themselves by supporting a Tambuwal as Speaker HOR against the PDP choice of someone from the south. We from SS we are waiting for Asiwaju come 2023. If he gets up to 20k vote in the whole of SS I would relocate to Togo for 4year.
Ekiti no be state for South West ? undecided you guys sef
Re: Do Igbos Prefer Atiku To Tinubu? by Pleasant01: 2:38am On Oct 04, 2022
GeneralPula:

I’m sure you a troll. No tribe is as tribal as the yeeboz. Go through this thread below to see when Igbos started this hatred thing on Naira land...

https://www.nairaland.com/745731/yoruba-marginalization-elders-met-jonathan

Whatever the Igbos are getting today is what they’ve been serving for long.
Very interesting thread
Re: Do Igbos Prefer Atiku To Tinubu? by Tinububalls: 4:17am On Oct 04, 2022
Godfullsam:

You are so pained that you are not privileged to be a yoruba man, I am sure you will proudly prefer to be a yoruba slave instead of an Igbo had it bn you were opportuned to decide where your lineage will originate from..

The Tinubu you all hated with perfect hatred is the missing link in the political architecture of the south east region.
Think about it..

*Spits*
Somebody should help me with that tufiakwa picture.
Re: Do Igbos Prefer Atiku To Tinubu? by paramakina202: 7:20am On Oct 04, 2022
GeneralPula:

Good. I like the way Igbos believe Atiku will serve their interest. I hope he wins and serve their interest.

We are supporting Peter Obi.
Re: Do Igbos Prefer Atiku To Tinubu? by vhykeeytor(m): 9:56am On Oct 04, 2022
Pleasant01:

Ekiti no be state for South West ? undecided you guys sef

Now it's safe to say he won Ekiti state....and Abiola won Abia state in 1993 yet you yorubastard will come and line and say Igbo's never supported you.
Re: Do Igbos Prefer Atiku To Tinubu? by vhykeeytor(m): 9:59am On Oct 04, 2022
GeneralPula:

Ojukwu be proud of your tribe..

You Igbos don’t know that it’s very easy to spot an Igbo man through his vocals, even if he’s acting like a German..

Safe trip in advance to you. Ghana is not far from Togo, you should try to branch Ghana too. It’s called exploring..
I am not a Yoruba man or woman that are lost in other people tribe. Come to Maiduguri and see your foolish tribe claiming Kanuri up and down, to the point of getting false document to prove it. I am a confirm Delta Boy. And we can't vote for agbado mongers.
Re: Do Igbos Prefer Atiku To Tinubu? by vhykeeytor(m): 10:00am On Oct 04, 2022
Sonyboom765:
Did he explain why Yorubas voted Jonathon in 2011 or you are too brain dead to remember.

Useless excuse. Why did you not support your own to be Speaker HOR because your region plays dirty politics...right from the time of Awolowo.
Re: Do Igbos Prefer Atiku To Tinubu? by Sonyboom765: 10:09am On Oct 04, 2022
Is this why Yoruba voted Ebele Jonathan in 2011 or your Igbo father as gone mad once again.

vhykeeytor:

Useless excuse. Why did you not support your own to be Speaker HOR because your region plays dirty politics...right from the time of Awolowo.
Re: Do Igbos Prefer Atiku To Tinubu? by Kazim88: 10:54am On Oct 04, 2022
GeneralPula:

Oga rest. Lies after lies. Before the primary, check all the threads about Osinbajo on nairaland - Igbos have been hating on him. Calling him all sort of names cuz they had believed Apc would present Osinbajo..

All these words of Igbos would have supported Osinbajo are words they started saying after the primary just to save face. Osinbajo that they’ve been calling a fake pastor or what?

Top of it all, tinubu has a high chances of winning then any other body and that’s the main reason for the hatred... We sabi their scope, all of it.

Tinubu have a very low chance of winning.

His Age and Health and His Party is a reminder of Buhari.

Tinubu should endorsed a younger person.
Re: Do Igbos Prefer Atiku To Tinubu? by ForumNL(m): 11:04am On Oct 04, 2022
vhykeeytor:

You just indicted yourself ... Jonathan didnt win any state in South West. The yoruba's marginalized themselves by supporting a Tambuwal as Speaker HOR against the PDP choice of someone from the south. We from SS we are waiting for Asiwaju come 2023. If he gets up to 20k vote in the whole of SS I would relocate to Togo for 4year.
Are you blind
Open your eyes and check again
Re: Do Igbos Prefer Atiku To Tinubu? by Arkmanbuddy(m): 11:17am On Oct 04, 2022
DWickedLandLord:

lol

Let an Igboman give stats on yoruba n see insults

I wonder where you took this poll since you have never conversed with me or my folks

How many Igbos are in Igboland as we speak? From the NIN and data from the CVR by INEC, one can easily deduce that there are less Igbos in their region than those scattered everywhere else.
Re: Do Igbos Prefer Atiku To Tinubu? by Pleasant01: 11:19am On Oct 04, 2022
vhykeeytor:

Now it's safe to say he won Ekiti state....and Abiola won Abia state in 1993 yet you yorubastard will come and line and say Igbo's never supported you.
How old are you?... can't you pass information without insulting people ?.....and no, abiola didn't win abia
Re: Do Igbos Prefer Atiku To Tinubu? by Apophenia24k: 11:23am On Oct 04, 2022
Arkmanbuddy:

It is the deep seating hatred against the Yorubas! More than 60% of the entire Igbo population lives in SW, yet they hate us so much.

If this is true then Obi is going to win southwest.. lol
Make una the calm small..
Politics is not hatred but Politics.
Re: Do Igbos Prefer Atiku To Tinubu? by Arkmanbuddy(m): 11:39am On Oct 04, 2022
Apophenia24k:

If this is true then Obi is going to win southwest.. lol
Make una the calm small..
Politics is not hatred but Politics.

Politics devoid of people-centered plans, and voting along religious and ethnic lines is no politics.
Re: Do Igbos Prefer Atiku To Tinubu? by vhykeeytor(m): 12:13pm On Oct 04, 2022
Pleasant01:

How old are you?... can't you pass information without insulting people ?.....and no, abiola didn't win abia

Ask Tinubu of his age before asking me. When he insulted me, you turn a blind eye because you are a bat � ( BATIFIED)
Re: Do Igbos Prefer Atiku To Tinubu? by 9jatriot(m): 12:24pm On Oct 04, 2022
This question is not really valid, because even now that Tinubu is on the ballot, there are a lot of Yoruba people who will vote for Obi.

dettolgel:

If only Obi and Atiku are on the ballot who would Yoruba vote for? grin
Re: Do Igbos Prefer Atiku To Tinubu? by DWickedLandLord: 12:26pm On Oct 04, 2022
Arkmanbuddy:

How many Igbos are in Igboland as we speak? From the NIN and data from the CVR by INEC, one can easily deduce that there are less Igbos in their region than those scattered everywhere else.

Okay sir, after you finish deducing, abeg give me the figures. That's how a man factually speaks. Not to be talking in the abstract.

The fact that you're defending your rubbish even though YOU know you wrote rubbish (emotional) is amusing to me
Re: Do Igbos Prefer Atiku To Tinubu? by dettolgel: 12:26pm On Oct 04, 2022
9jatriot:
This question is not really valid, because even now that Tinubu is on the ballot, there are a lot of Yoruba people who will vote for him.

Of course it is not valid before the answer to the question will make rubbish of the assertion of the guy I quoted. grin
Re: Do Igbos Prefer Atiku To Tinubu? by 9jatriot(m): 12:41pm On Oct 04, 2022
I have edited the message you quoted, perhaps it was initially clear
dettolgel:

Of course it is not valid before the answer to the question will make rubbish of the assertion of the guy I quoted. grin
Re: Do Igbos Prefer Atiku To Tinubu? by Perfectbeing(m): 1:56pm On Oct 04, 2022
9japride:
[color=#006600][/color]

You guys are just too funny. If an enlightened person or a white man read this stuff you wrote he will just conclude that blacks lives on tree. If Tibunu was younger or very strong it will be a difficult ride for Peter Obi. Tinubu can remain as a king maker and he will be highly respected. Nigeria is not a toy that everyone will just pick up and play anyhow with it. With all the natural and mineral resources, what have we achieve it? Maybe when one want's to take a flight he/she will board a plane being piloted by a agbero or thug just because na my tribe person. You guys should stop this unnecessary blackmailing statement that Tinubu helped Igbos. We are talking of the betterment of the country and not chop I chop kind of politics. The era of 1999 style of politics is over. Tribalism is worst than racism.
Who bettered his State more when he was Governor? Tinubu or Obi.

Be honest with your reply
Re: Do Igbos Prefer Atiku To Tinubu? by Peacecore: 2:39pm On Oct 04, 2022
As an Igbo man, I rather masticate my pvc than using it to vote Atiku(God forbid). Majority of Igbos still prefer Atiku to Tinubu, no doubt. This is the reason I can't blame Tinubu for picking a core northern Muslim. It's a political calculation and should be viewed with religious lens.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do Igbos Prefer Atiku To Tinubu? by 9japride(m): 6:44pm On Oct 04, 2022
Perfectbeing:
Who bettered his State more when he was Governor? Tinubu or Obi.

Be honest with your reply
[color=#006600][/color]

Tinubu tried, but he could have done better due to the fact that Lagos state is rich and Lagos should be compared with Johannesburg and other mega cities in Africa. Presently, Tinubu is not as strong as 1999 era so I don't know why you guys keep pushing him? Osinbajo could have been a better choice. Let's move away from the Nigerian kind of politics of tribalism and religious sentiments. If we miss this chance of not electing Peter Obi, it will be very difficult to get things straight again. Due to bad government, our youths are already programne to act funny and just imagine having people in corridors of power with funny mindset. I prefer Nigeria should be divided into regions let those who want anyhow leaders to govern them and others who want progressive leaders to have their way. Enough is enough of all this olden days kind of politics.
Re: Do Igbos Prefer Atiku To Tinubu? by odduduwa: 7:17pm On Oct 04, 2022
ImperialYoruba:

Yanmiri have utmost respect for his abuser.

If you ask yanminri to choose between Iwazuruike, leader of Massob, and Simon Ekpa, he will choose Ekpa.

Between Balewa and Awo, they loved Balewa. Between Fajuyi and Danjuma, they loved Danjuma. Between Obasanjo and Abacha, they loved Abacha. Between Atiku and Tinubu they will pick Atiku.

If you want Ibo love, you must let him taste your cruelty.

Here in Naiaraland Ibo love me, even though Im Yoruba. I gat no love for omoibo. I will pound a ibo in her pussy though. grin
ikpu NNE gi
Re: Do Igbos Prefer Atiku To Tinubu? by Anugoson(m): 7:41pm On Oct 04, 2022
LegendHero:
OP, you need to read political history a bit so you won't need to re-ask the question.

In 1979, Igbos voted more for Shagari than Awolowo even when both Awo/Shagari chose an Igbo vice.

That is your answer. If Obi had not been on the ballot, all those screaming Obituary today will still vote Atiku more then Tinubu in the elections. They will also vote Atiku against Fashola so it is not only about Tinubu hate to them, it is deeper than that.
Not true bro! If APC as a party presented someone like Osibanjo even with the abysmal failure of the APC government now, he will be sellable. Few times Buhari travelled out and Osibanjo piloted the affairs of this country we all saw the giant steps he took. Not sure Obi will gather this level of momentum if Osibanjo happened to be in this contest. For instance, let’s say Osibanjo/Adesina vs the Okezie Ikpeazu/Chimaroke Mbadinauju/Ugwuanyi. The Easterners wouldn’t even vote for the later. So I believe it’s all about competence and not tribe.
Re: Do Igbos Prefer Atiku To Tinubu? by LegendHero(m): 7:48pm On Oct 04, 2022
Anugoson:

Not true bro! If APC as a party presented someone like Osibanjo even with the abysmal failure of the APC government now, he will be sellable. Few times Buhari travelled out and Osibanjo piloted the affairs of this country we all saw the giant steps he took. Not sure Obi will gather this level of momentum if Osibanjo happened to be in this contest. For instance, let’s say Osibanjo/Adesina vs the Okezie Ikpeazu/Chimaroke Mbadinauju/Ugwuanyi. The Easterners wouldn’t even vote for the later. So I believe it’s all about competence and not tribe.

Bro forget, the Easterners won’t vote him.

Is Osinbajo more popular, brilliant, and marketable than Obafemi Awolowo?

Awolowo even went to the extent of choosing an Anambra man as his Vice and yet Shagari got more votes than in the SE.

Me I’m not blaming Igbo but I just hate hypocrisy. Own if with you cheat that you can’t vote Yoruba candidate and stop trying to be smart.

Same Osinbajo who was called fake pastor, mourning in chief, and etc is who you think will win in the SE. you’re not being truthful.

Also, there is actually no evidence yet that the Yorubas vote Igbo people too so don’t think I’m trying to say the Yorubas are all holy and such. No, but the difference here is that I am owning mine while some igbos are trying to defend the indefensible.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Do Igbos Prefer Atiku To Tinubu? by Perfectbeing(m): 10:10pm On Oct 04, 2022
9japride:
[color=#006600][/color]

Tinubu tried, but he could have done better due to the fact that Lagos state is rich and Lagos should be compared with Johannesburg and other mega cities in Africa. Presently, Tinubu is not as strong as 1999 era so I don't know why you guys keep pushing him? Osinbajo could have been a better choice. Let's move away from the Nigerian kind of politics of tribalism and religious sentiments. If we miss this chance of not electing Peter Obi, it will be very difficult to get things straight again. Due to bad government, our youths are already programne to act funny and just imagine having people in corridors of power with funny mindset. I prefer Nigeria should be divided into regions let those who want anyhow leaders to govern them and others who want progressive leaders to have their way. Enough is enough of all this olden days kind of politics.
Was Anambra the best State in the East during Obi's time?
Re: Do Igbos Prefer Atiku To Tinubu? by 9japride(m): 3:09am On Oct 05, 2022
Perfectbeing:
Was Anambra the best State in the East during Obi's time?
[color=#006600][/color]

What I know is that Peter Obi did marvelously well. Compared to the previous governor. The kind of mentally in Africa is of olden days Era. I am very sure if a rat, goat or even a monkey comes out for president a lot of people will vote in those animals because it's from their tribe or religion. We need to look at the future and leave mediocrity behind. Try explore developed foreign countries and you will find out that we are still living like barbarians. I only blame the Niger Delta region for being a good father Christmas. If every region generates their own revenue we won't have time for all these unnecessary noise because all men will be working hard to sustain themselves. I am very sure our cultural belief system is responsible for the kind of wicked mindset we have in the country. Maybe when this president leaves office, I am very sure the large percentage of wicked people will want to vote in another funny leader who cares only about he's people and yet collect revenue from others states. The white men could have left Africa alone so that they can continue living a very primitive lifestyle. One can't claim to be educated or exposed and yet still be very tribalistic and selfish. You all know the best for the country but you prefer your own.
Re: Do Igbos Prefer Atiku To Tinubu? by Perfectbeing(m): 9:17am On Oct 05, 2022
9japride:
[color=#006600][/color]

What I know is that Peter Obi did marvelously well. Compared to the previous governor. The kind of mentally in Africa is of olden days Era. I am very sure if a rat, goat or even a monkey comes out for president a lot of people will vote in those animals because it's from their tribe or religion. We need to look at the future and leave mediocrity behind. Try explore developed foreign countries and you will find out that we are still living like barbarians. I only blame the Niger Delta region for being a good father Christmas. If every region generates their own revenue we won't have time for all these unnecessary noise because all men will be working hard to sustain themselves. I am very sure our cultural belief system is responsible for the kind of wicked mindset we have in the country. Maybe when this president leaves office, I am very sure the large percentage of wicked people will want to vote in another funny leader who cares only about he's people and yet collect revenue from others states. The white men could have left Africa alone so that they can continue living a very primitive lifestyle. One can't claim to be educated or exposed and yet still be very tribalistic and selfish. You all know the best for the country but you prefer your own.

You're saying Peter Obi did marvellously well than the previous Governor. Did Tinubu do less than the previous military Governor or more.

You're talking about States generating their own revenue, didn't Peter Obi enjoyed federal allocation from FG like other States even though Anambra generated next to nothing? Which State generates the highest revenue in Nigeria? Was it not Tinubu that increased his State revenue from N500 million to N5 billion before he left office?? How much increment did Peter Obi do for his State when he was Government?

I prefer Tinubu because he's much more better than Atiku, Peter Obi and Kwankwaso based on his track records in the State they've Governed.

Whether you like it or not, Tinubu performed way more than Peter Obi as Governor.

FYI, I'm not Yoruba. I'm from Edo State and a Christian.
Re: Do Igbos Prefer Atiku To Tinubu? by Nijablast: 9:39am On Oct 05, 2022
Because they hate Yoruba,
We gave them everything but they repaid us with their evil .
They always act like crab � that won't climb up and won't allow others go too but God pass them.
Re: Do Igbos Prefer Atiku To Tinubu? by 9japride(m): 11:32am On Oct 05, 2022
Perfectbeing:

You're saying Peter Obi did marvellously well than the previous Governor. Did Tinubu do less than the previous military Governor or more.

You're talking about States generating their own revenue, didn't Peter Obi enjoyed federal allocation from FG like other States even though Anambra generated next to nothing? Which State generates the highest revenue in Nigeria? Was it not Tinubu that increased his State revenue from N500 million to N5 billion before he left office?? How much increment did Peter Obi do for his State when he was Government?

I prefer Tinubu because he's much more better than Atiku, Peter Obi and Kwankwaso based on his track records in the State they've Governed.

Whether you like it or not, Tinubu performed way more than Peter Obi as Governor.

FYI, I'm not Yoruba. I'm from Edo State and a Christian.
[color=#006600][/color]

Guy is like you are not getting the point. Even a dummy will perform in Lagos due to the way Lagos state was created. Whether you like it or not, Peter is the better candidate, it's only those that like things to remain the same that will want to vote in APC. It's just like saying Gov Wike did well, Lagos, Rivers, Akwa Ibom, Baylesa, Delta states etc are rich states and we shouldn't praise them for doing little. It's just that mediocity rules supreme down here that's why we see these public servants as lords.
Re: Do Igbos Prefer Atiku To Tinubu? by Pleasant01: 11:08am On Oct 07, 2022
9japride:
[color=#006600][/color]

Guy is like you are not getting the point. Even a dummy will perform in Lagos due to the way Lagos state was created. Whether you like it or not, Peter is the better candidate, it's only those that like things to remain the same that will want to vote in APC. It's just like saying Gov Wike did well, Lagos, Rivers, Akwa Ibom, Baylesa, Delta states etc are rich states and we shouldn't praise them for doing little. It's just that mediocity rules supreme down here that's why we see these public servants as lords.
Whether we like it or not obi is the best candidate...why ? You no give reason
The way Lagos is structured even a dummy will do well...but the way Anambra is structured their governors are meant to perform woeful right ?
He said Tinubu increased the revenue of Lagos from 500mil to 5bil, that's by 1000%...can you please tell us what obi did in the aspect of economy for Anambra cos I think that's the most important sector in Nigeria rn
Re: Do Igbos Prefer Atiku To Tinubu? by tctrills: 11:10am On Oct 07, 2022
ForumNL:
I see many igbos saying they would rather vote Atiku instead of Tinubu, this begs a question, If Tinubu picked a Christian as vice president, will igbos vote him?

Definitely it's a resounding No!

They are actually okay with a northerner and Fulani as a matter of fact to succeed his tribesman

Why do igbos prefer Atiku to Tinubu?
Very foolish question. Are Igbo's not free to prefer whomever they want?
Are you the one to teach Igbo's who to vote for?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The All Star Team Tinubu Has Assembled To Take Nigeria To The Promiseland / Revealed: APC Deputy Governorship Candidate Is A Murderer Who Escaped From Jail. / IBB - Nailed At Last!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.