Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,943 members, 7,821,301 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:09 AM

2023: Those Asking Us To Leave Lagos Are They Originally From Lagos? Mr Macaroni - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Those Asking Us To Leave Lagos Are They Originally From Lagos? Mr Macaroni (38933 Views)

IPOB Sues Prof. Ivan Kasheen For Asking US To Declare It A Terrorist Group / Atiku, PDP Asking Us For Server That We Don’t Have, INEC Tells / Asking Us To Disobey Buhari’s Directive On Ballot Box Snatching Unfortunate- Arm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023: Those Asking Us To Leave Lagos Are They Originally From Lagos? Mr Macaroni by Gozac: 11:48am On Oct 05, 2022
Moh247:
Why twist Hamzat words...
I want ATIKU or TINUBU to win.
First I want ATIKU to win so that southern Nigeria will be relegated to political irrelevant in Nigeria and they continue to beg North for power.
I want Tinubu to win so I will see the Eldorado he will bring to Yoruba land, I will also like to see how he will retire the norths that dominate the military, paramilitary and government parastatals like NIMASA, SHIPERS COUNCIL,DPR etc and replace them with Yorubas.
I also want to see what will become the fate of Igbos in Yoruba states especially Lagos state.
I want to see how TInubu will empower Oluomo boys and how they will extend their tentacles top ABJ

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Those Asking Us To Leave Lagos Are They Originally From Lagos? Mr Macaroni by ogatboy(m): 11:48am On Oct 05, 2022
Kagd10:

Tinubu is indigenous to Lagos. Omo iyaloja of Lagos. Sink that into your patheticc skull

Was he born in Lagos? Ooo I forgot, he has no origin

1 Like

Re: 2023: Those Asking Us To Leave Lagos Are They Originally From Lagos? Mr Macaroni by SKIBiNSKI(m): 11:50am On Oct 05, 2022
Lagos, overrated, overhyped, over populated, over congested, environmentaly polluted, shithole. Anyone who lives in Lagos who is below 50 will die before they reach 50 years old. I will rather cut off my left bottom with a rusty old saw than live in Lagos. cheesy
Re: 2023: Those Asking Us To Leave Lagos Are They Originally From Lagos? Mr Macaroni by Sonyboom765: 11:50am On Oct 05, 2022
After he wins the election stop him from running the country
OdefaGirl:

From all I see, he can't pass a medical fitness test. He's old.... Old enough to be having rest and vacationing just like he is doing and not coming to run the affairs of a weak country.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Those Asking Us To Leave Lagos Are They Originally From Lagos? Mr Macaroni by richie240: 11:54am On Oct 05, 2022
Bcus, he and his fellow northerners have enough brain cells not to call the place of their sourjouns 'no man's land'.

You use ur fuulishness to destroy ur villages, then run to southwest - a place u find peace, only to seek it's destruction and d provocation of ur hosts.
cool

Acidosis:

The funny thing is they dare not tell Atiku to go back to Adamawa.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: Those Asking Us To Leave Lagos Are They Originally From Lagos? Mr Macaroni by VEHINTOLAR: 11:55am On Oct 05, 2022
Birminghamvirgo:
When they were saying Lagos na "No Mans Land", you kept mum. Now that we asked them to go back to their respective states, you're one of the Marquee personalities to fireback... How best do you define Hypocrisy?
Meanwhile, you're a well respected comedian loved by some people. Kindly face ur comedy work and leave politics to politicians, and if you feel like diversifying into politics, kindly made it known to all and sundry... This is democracy after all!

That idiiotic Macaroni is a fool,walahi !

1 Like

Re: 2023: Those Asking Us To Leave Lagos Are They Originally From Lagos? Mr Macaroni by OdefaGirl(f): 11:55am On Oct 05, 2022
Sonyboom765:
After he wins the election stop him from running the country

In your dreams.... Keep dreaming
Re: 2023: Those Asking Us To Leave Lagos Are They Originally From Lagos? Mr Macaroni by amaridigital(m): 11:56am On Oct 05, 2022
Kagd10:

The Amalgamation which binds Nigeria together.

See tears and wailing. You don't want to go back to your enclave because Lagos is functioning yet you insult those who made that Lagos' functional. May thunder fireeeee you there. You dey mad? Go hold your uselesssss leaders accountable in your region. Tinubu didn't rule you or your papa. You dey mad. Bunch of tribalistic hatefilled loonatics.

Abi oh. Children of hate says Lagos was former capital, a slum they trooped in to everyday. Lagos seized to be Nigeria's capital 30 years ago. They should go to the new capital Abuja or move to Calabar which was also former capital also. Abuja is the new no man's land. Pack your fan yogo bicycle and go.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Those Asking Us To Leave Lagos Are They Originally From Lagos? Mr Macaroni by LaReinaa(f): 11:57am On Oct 05, 2022
arantess:

true

the owner and the mods are really cashing out on the tribalism....it draws traffic for them

the rules they set is just for the sake of it
Obviously.. It’s sad though! So much bitterness exhibited by young people, very pathetic!
Re: 2023: Those Asking Us To Leave Lagos Are They Originally From Lagos? Mr Macaroni by Tochj(m): 12:05pm On Oct 05, 2022
Tinubu is from far Osun State
Some of his supporters are from kwara
Asking someone from Neighboring Ogun state to leave lagos.
Rubbish.
Re: 2023: Those Asking Us To Leave Lagos Are They Originally From Lagos? Mr Macaroni by anonimi: 12:05pm On Oct 05, 2022
Peterobi90:
Hazmat was assumed sensible until he opened his mouth...

Can it be that he joined their druggie godfather to sniff the stuff that has made him into shaky shaky peepooing Jagbajantis Asiwaju agberos

Francis5:
04.27.155:18 AM ET

Nigeria’s Next Leader’s Ties to a Heroin Ring

General Muhammed Buhari’s political partner is a former bagman for two heroin traffickers. But that’s just business as usual in Nigeria.

Nigeria’s election last month was celebrated as an unlikely victory for democracy in an African country with a tenuous record of free and fair representation. But the man most responsible for midwifing General Muhammed Buhari’s ballot triumph over current President Goodluck Jonathan has a spotty CV. Former Lagos provincial governor Bola Tinubu, affectionately nicknamed the Jagaban, is today seen as a shrewd if not “deeply Machiavellian” Svengali in Nigeria’s politics as well as the architect of a hugely successful anti-corruption platform. But 20 years ago he had to forfeit nearly half a million dollars to the U.S. Treasury Department after being named as an accomplice in a white heroin-trafficking and money-laundering ring that stretched from West Africa to the U.S. Midwest.

Although his case has been bandied about the Nigerian press for years, Tinubu’s involvement in a federal drug and racketeering investigation waged jointly by the DEA, FBI, and IRS has gone unreported elsewhere, even after his ascendance to Karl Rove-like status last month. A recent gauzy Financial Times profile of him, for instance, neglected to mention that two decades ago Tinubu was identified as a bagman for two Nigerian heroin movers who operated out of Chicago and Hammond, Indiana. They were Adegboyega Mueez Akande and Abiodun Agbele, Akande’s nephew, who was exposed to law enforcement after selling white heroin first to Lee Andrew Edwards, another dealer later jailed for trying to murder a federal agent, and then to an undercover cop.

In a 1993 court docket from the U.S. District Court in the Northern District of Illinois, which The Daily Beast obtained from Sahara Reporters, a Nigeria-focused news outlet, IRS Special Agent Kevin Moss said that Akande had run the white heroin ring in the late 1980s until 1990, when he handed off the U.S arm of the business to his nephew, who had arrived in 1988. Akande then returned to Nigeria but continued to oversee the operation from abroad with the help of others at home and in the United States, including his relatives. One of the individuals identified in his cartel by Moss was Tinubu, then a Chicago State University-educated accountant working as a treasurer for Mobil Oil Nigeria Ltd, a subsidiary of energy giant Mobil Oil, which was still a few years shy of its famous merger with Exxon in 1999.

In the biography section of his official website, Tinubu is described as having emigrated to the United States in 1975 “in search of the proverbial Golden Fleece with a heart brimming with unrelenting determination to achieve his visions.” This is certainly one way to describe his tenure stateside.

In 1989, Moss said in an affidavit, Tinubu established an individual money market account, into which he deposited $1,000 in traveler’s checks, and a negotiable order of withdrawal account (NOW) at First Heritage Bank in Country Club Hills, Illinois. The address Tinubu gave the bank was the same as the listed headquarters of Globe-Link International, the front company owned by Akande and his relatives.

“There’s a trend of various Nigerian politicians at the highest levels involved in dodgy business deals around the world, in property and cash.”

Bank employees told Moss that Akande had personally introduced them to Tinubu in December 1989 when who also opened a joint checking account with his wife, Oluremi Tinubu, who already kept a joint account with Akande’s wife at First Heritage. Five days after the NOW account was opened, $80,000 was wired into it from a bank in Houston maintained by one of Akande’s relatives. Tinubu would later use the NOW account to buy a $10,000 Certificate of Deposit for an $8,000 car loan, listing Akande as his cousin on the application.

At the time, Tinubu’s take home as a Mobil Oil Nigeria executive was a mere $2,400 a month and he claimed not to have any other revenue streams. Yet he still managed to deposit $661,000 into his individual money market account in 1990 and then another $1,216,500 a year later. He also opened more accounts with Citibank in its worldwide personal banking unit, transferring over half a million dollars from his First Heritage money market account into one of them in early 1991.

Mobil Oil Nigeria told Moss that Tinubu’s role at the company never involved transferring large sums of money between banks and that it didn’t keep deposits in any institutions in the south suburbs of Chicago, where First Heritage was based. Moreover, although Tinubu moved back to Nigeria in 1983, he neglected to file U.S. income tax returns after 1984 despite having sizable, interest-generating deposits in American banks. All of this was enough to persuade a magistrate judge of the Northern District to issue seizure warrants for Tinubu’s First Heritage and Citibank accounts. Collectively, more than $1.4 million belonging to the Nigerian was confiscated.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/04/27/nigeria-s-next-leader-s-ties-to-a-heroin-ring.html

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Those Asking Us To Leave Lagos Are They Originally From Lagos? Mr Macaroni by Kagd10: 12:05pm On Oct 05, 2022
Mindlog:

I work with "ment" people on a daily basis, that is where my paycheck comes from, so I am engaging you as if I am relating with one of our patients, so I am not taking anything personal. cheesy

Start another civil war, so you can see property to destroy or claim since your lazy self finds it difficult to achieve anything tangible with your life. Go destroy a non-indigene's property, if you won't show up in a thread on Nairaland's frontpage bare chested in handcuffs and boxer. cheesy

Lagos state government in today's Nigeria can't dare take over any individual's property just based on the fact the owner is not an indigene, case go reach Supreme court and LASG would lose hands down, abi you think say we are still in the 1960s, who you wan threaten? cheesy

You and your likes should have stopped the October 1st rally, if you had liver. grin

Chest beating mental patient.
You're still crying over the ones that were demolished.

The fact is the lands belong to the indigenous people. Your lease can be revoked. Sink that into your skull. You keep forgetting the fact that Nigeria is bound by Amalgamation of Nigeria with regions.
Re: 2023: Those Asking Us To Leave Lagos Are They Originally From Lagos? Mr Macaroni by Kagd10: 12:07pm On Oct 05, 2022
ogatboy:

Was he born in Lagos? Ooo I forgot, he has no origin
No Tinubu was Born in Anambra by your mama.
Re: 2023: Those Asking Us To Leave Lagos Are They Originally From Lagos? Mr Macaroni by Lightorder: 12:07pm On Oct 05, 2022
Kagd10:
If you constitute nuisances in another state, you will be sent back to your state. Simple as ABC.
who be this one ? Whose son is SHE ’ !
Re: 2023: Those Asking Us To Leave Lagos Are They Originally From Lagos? Mr Macaroni by anonimi: 12:08pm On Oct 05, 2022
MEGA4BILLION:
When you lack what to campaign with you simply resort to motor park and agbero boys talk

Especially if you are the Asiwaju agberos who you refuse to educate freely by recruiting enough teachers and other workers, while building adequate classrooms, libraries, laboratories etc.

MathsChic:
Some days ago, I was at a secondary school in Surulere (across the bridge from the Island) in Lagos for a friend's event where he is educating secondary students about the perils of peer pressure. I honestly wasn't expecting what I saw as the state of this secondary school.
It left me wondering if this was a school or a dump yard. Why in heaven's name are Nigerian leaders looking the other way while the young ones study in this sorry environment?

The attached pictures are what I saw. This is no secondary school. It's a hopeless shanty. I hope this gets to front page and attracts the necessary attention.

Realdeals:
1. The first governor to present a billion Naira state budget in Nigeria.

2. He phased out the shift system in Lagos schools in three months. He built functional classrooms to absorb those who only attend schools for three hours a day.

3. He opened up what is now known as the Lekki Corridor.

4. He built the biggest Housing estate by a state government at Abesan, along with five other estates.

5. He built LASU, LACOED, LASPOTECH and Technical schools to absorb the products of the free education policy.

6 He built General Hospitals and Health centers in all the five divisions of Lagos. He also upgraded General Hospital Ikeja to the Medical arm of LASU.

7. He created the Agric hub at Oko Oba. He also created similar hubs in Ikorodu, Epe and Badagry.

8. His government’s strict adherence to the party manifesto of Free Education, Free Health care, Rural integration and Housing for all, along with other UPN governors, created the largest pool of human resources in Nigeria.

9. He moved the Lagos State Government Secretariat from PWD to Alausa, which he built from scratch. He also lived in his personal house and drove his personal car throughout his tenure.

Gani Kayode Balogun Jr

https://www.newsheadlines.com.ng/showtime-people/2019/07/24/jakande-90-9-achievements-of-alhaji-lateef-jakande-as-lagos-governor/

1 Like

Re: 2023: Those Asking Us To Leave Lagos Are They Originally From Lagos? Mr Macaroni by Geminiivory: 12:11pm On Oct 05, 2022
odduduwa:
but yorubas are gaslighting Peter Obi in a bad way , should Peter Obi supporters fold their hands and watch you tinubu fans insult them ? Uhm! Ok only tinubus supporters deserve the right to insult other political opponents

no.mind them.. when they serve them same dish now, you ll see tears of frustration all over the internet
Re: 2023: Those Asking Us To Leave Lagos Are They Originally From Lagos? Mr Macaroni by Lionnation: 12:11pm On Oct 05, 2022
Kagd10:
If you constitute nuisances in another state, you will be sent back to your state. Simple as ABC.
ok campaign is nuisance, because they press your neck too much
Re: 2023: Those Asking Us To Leave Lagos Are They Originally From Lagos? Mr Macaroni by ElijahOnyeka: 12:12pm On Oct 05, 2022
Very stupid talk. Every Igbo person doesn't live in Lagos. Go to any part of this country, you'd find as many Igbos as you'd find in Lagos. I'm Igbo and I don't live in Lagos and don't even plan to ever live there. So y'all should stop this fuss about that your over crowded Lagos which has been rated one of the worst cities in the world to live in.
Kagd10:

See tears and wailing. You don't want to go back to your enclave because Lagos is functioning yet you insult those who made that Lagos' functional. May thunder fireeeee you there. You dey mad? Go hold your uselesssss leaders accountable in your region. Tinubu didn't rule you or your papa. You dey mad. Bunch of tribalistic hatefilled loonatics.
Re: 2023: Those Asking Us To Leave Lagos Are They Originally From Lagos? Mr Macaroni by VEHINTOLAR: 12:13pm On Oct 05, 2022
PeterObi4LP:

I am from Ibadan, I can tell you in 30yrs to come, Igbos will dominate Lagos and buy up all the properties. Is already happening. Everyone in Lagos state did not originate from Lagos. They all left their states and travel to base in Lagos.

So agbole awon Babanla e fun wa ni Ibadan ? Ma daruko adugbo fun wa o ! Werey,omo y.ebo go back to your godforsaken land of criminals in alaigbo ! A village dweller like you claiming Ibadan ajorosun,ori e ti daru !
Re: 2023: Those Asking Us To Leave Lagos Are They Originally From Lagos? Mr Macaroni by Kagd10: 12:13pm On Oct 05, 2022
43Ronin:

One of the characteristics of xenophobia is laziness to work then lashing out on those strong enough to work simply because they are better than you in every way. Lagos that was developed with Nigerdelta money. Everybody should go back to their state let us see who will remain in lagos. Oponu oshi

Nigerdelta money kee you there. Lagos' first seaport was built by SW resources before the amalgamation of Nigeria yet pumps revenues to the federal government. You dey mad!

Also, Oil only became profitable in high commercial abundance in the early 80. Prior to that, the SW was feeding the whole country!

Thirdly, SW is part of Nigerdelta. You dey mad!

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Those Asking Us To Leave Lagos Are They Originally From Lagos? Mr Macaroni by pacespot(m): 12:13pm On Oct 05, 2022
Kagd10:

Which Lagos state did Tinubu and his gang of crooks make funtional? You better wake up, we don't need leaders like Tinubu in the South West. You Tinubu urchins always like to talk about Lagos state and even the entire South West as if it is the property of the frog eyed kleptomaniac.
Re: 2023: Those Asking Us To Leave Lagos Are They Originally From Lagos? Mr Macaroni by Flows001(m): 12:15pm On Oct 05, 2022
Kagd10:

The last I checked, Lagos was already the Commercial center of Nigeria and a major African city, long before Tinubu was born.
Lagos was the Capital just like Abuja presently is, and Nigerians from all parts of the country had equal rights in the then FCT.. You can't expect those who have heavily invested in Lagos when it was still the FCT to start pulling out because it is now a state and now stupidly attributed to one greedy old man who is originally from OSUN state...

1 Like

Re: 2023: Those Asking Us To Leave Lagos Are They Originally From Lagos? Mr Macaroni by Kagd10: 12:15pm On Oct 05, 2022
ElijahOnyeka:
Very stupid talk. Every Igbo person doesn't live in Lagos. Go to any part of this country, you'd find as many Igbos as you'd find in Lagos. I'm Igbo and I don't live in Lagos and don't even plan to ever live there. So y'all should stop this fuss about that your over crowded Lagos which has been rated one of the worst cities in the world to live in.

Like I care? Point is Tinubu didn't rule you or your papa. Go face your leaders and leave Tinubu alone. Bunch of hatefilled loonatics.
Re: 2023: Those Asking Us To Leave Lagos Are They Originally From Lagos? Mr Macaroni by DWickedLandLord: 12:15pm On Oct 05, 2022
Moh247:
Why twist Hamzat words...

Come on guy. Don't do that
You know damn well it was implied

Tinubu supporters on nairaland have said point blank Obi has no business in Lagos. His home should be in Anambra

If you need me to pull the quotes I can oblige. A simple search you can see for yourself
Re: 2023: Those Asking Us To Leave Lagos Are They Originally From Lagos? Mr Macaroni by Bishoptee10(m): 12:18pm On Oct 05, 2022
Tochi3:
Reasonable yorubas should start speaki g against the tribalism of APCshit Lagos deputy governor hamzat...

Dirty scumbag

He is not even Lagos selg, he is from ogun state and his father is a king dat died last year

1 Like

Re: 2023: Those Asking Us To Leave Lagos Are They Originally From Lagos? Mr Macaroni by DWickedLandLord: 12:18pm On Oct 05, 2022
Kagd10:

Meanwhile you contribute nothing to her coffers.
Just internet mouth

If I'm wrong feel free to state the facts
Re: 2023: Those Asking Us To Leave Lagos Are They Originally From Lagos? Mr Macaroni by Bishoptee10(m): 12:19pm On Oct 05, 2022
Kagd10:

Is deputy govern from Lagos?
Re: 2023: Those Asking Us To Leave Lagos Are They Originally From Lagos? Mr Macaroni by Mindlog: 12:19pm On Oct 05, 2022
Kagd10:

Chest beating mental patient.
You're still crying over the ones that were demolished.

The fact is the lands belong to the indigenous people. Your lease can be revoked. Sink that into your skull. You keep forgetting the fact that Nigeria is bound by Amalgamation of Nigeria with regions.

Revoke? No worry, e go reach Supreme court and you know land cases in Nigeria takes decades to get the pronouncement of the Supreme court.....

No one has demolished my family's property and would not dare as the law protects the present ownership. cool

When we revert to regional government, please mention me but as of today till end of mortal life, my family are landlords in Lagos. cheesy
Re: 2023: Those Asking Us To Leave Lagos Are They Originally From Lagos? Mr Macaroni by Retmis: 12:21pm On Oct 05, 2022
Gozac:

I want ATIKU or TINUBU to win.
First I want ATIKU to win so that southern Nigeria will be relegated to political irrelevant in Nigeria and they continue to beg North for power.
I want Tinubu to win so I will see the Eldorado he will bring to Yoruba land, I will also like to see how he will retire the norths that dominate the military, paramilitary and government parastatals like NIMASA, SHIPERS COUNCIL,DPR etc and replace them with Yorubas.
I also want to see what will become the fate of Igbos in Yoruba states especially Lagos state.
I want to see how TInubu will empower Oluomo boys and how they will extend their tentacles top ABJ

Yu didn't include wanting to see economic development
Wooow!!!
Not good enough
Re: 2023: Those Asking Us To Leave Lagos Are They Originally From Lagos? Mr Macaroni by Nobody: 12:24pm On Oct 05, 2022
Just like asking a New Yorker to go back to California his home state.. . Lol

Is Nigeria this divided Disunity
Re: 2023: Those Asking Us To Leave Lagos Are They Originally From Lagos? Mr Macaroni by VEHINTOLAR: 12:24pm On Oct 05, 2022
PeterObi4LP:

I am not here to trade words with you. We don't like to hear the truth. Island, VI, Lekki, Ikoyi, Banana Island, and many more are all Igbo dominated area with their houses. Keep calling everyone Igbo until it dawn on you.

Shut your putrid mouth up,liar ! INEC registrations and data from other sources - Jamb,waec,internet service data,etc have all debunked that senseless lies ! Igbo are indeed a minority ethnic group in Nigeria. Ogbeni,go and dominate your village in alaigbo and quit this shameful obsession with another man's land ! Awon werey gbogbo,even one crazy Nnamdi Azikiwe preferred to be the Premier of Western Region ,Igbo are shameless people !
Re: 2023: Those Asking Us To Leave Lagos Are They Originally From Lagos? Mr Macaroni by Babysho(m): 12:26pm On Oct 05, 2022
jeffizy:

Reasonable yorubas should call their own dirty names and disrespect their own right?
Like macaroni is gradually eroding his brand, shey?
It does not work that way, Mr.

Bro you're scaring me embarassed
This tribalism is going too deep nau. This disunity no go favour anybody. Read up on Kwame Nkrumah and Lumumba.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Rivers High Court Bombed And Set Ablaze / Henry Ikem-Obih Tours Filling Stations In Abuja, Nigerians Mock Him (pics / Goodluck Jonathan Monitoring Election In South Africa (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.