Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,107 members, 7,828,892 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:46 PM

I Found This Today. Why Is This So? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Found This Today. Why Is This So? (3633 Views)

What God Did When I Found Myself In A Den Of Cultists In Port Harcourt / Double Standards In The World Today. Why Muslims Must Resist / You Did Not Go To Church Today Why?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Found This Today. Why Is This So? by LordReed(m): 12:37pm On Oct 30, 2022
Hismasterpiece:

Okay. My point is that not everything scientists say about everything is correct. If what you say about the sun is true why don't we hear about people catching cancer from sun exposure?

So how do you know smoking causes lung cancer if its not from the same scientists you say are not correct. You don't get to cherry pick facts.
Re: I Found This Today. Why Is This So? by Hismasterpiece(m): 10:27pm On Oct 30, 2022
LordReed:

So how do you know smoking causes lung cancer if its not from the same scientists you say are not correct. You don't get to cherry pick facts.

No nah. I created the thread to ask why people still smoke and why cigarettes are still sold when such a side effect is known.
Re: I Found This Today. Why Is This So? by LordReed(m): 11:43pm On Oct 30, 2022
Hismasterpiece:

No nah. I created the thread to ask why people still smoke and why cigarettes are still sold when such a side effect is known.

Well how do you know that the side effect is as stated?
Re: I Found This Today. Why Is This So? by Hismasterpiece(m): 3:51pm On Nov 06, 2022
LordReed:

Well how do you know that the side effect is as stated?

I don't understand...
Re: I Found This Today. Why Is This So? by LordReed(m): 4:18pm On Nov 06, 2022
Hismasterpiece:

I don't understand...

How do you know smoking is harmful and causes lung cancer?
Re: I Found This Today. Why Is This So? by Hismasterpiece(m): 3:26pm On Nov 07, 2022
LordReed:

How do you know smoking is harmful and causes lung cancer?

Based on facts concluded on by your beloved scientists.
Re: I Found This Today. Why Is This So? by LordReed(m): 3:33pm On Nov 07, 2022
Hismasterpiece:

Based on facts concluded on by your beloved scientists.

So why are these facts not guesswork?
Re: I Found This Today. Why Is This So? by Hismasterpiece(m): 9:24pm On Nov 08, 2022
LordReed:

So why are these facts not guesswork?

That's the reason for my curiosity. If indeed all smokers died young, the government even would have banned cigarettes and we would have less smokers.
Re: I Found This Today. Why Is This So? by LordReed(m): 10:54pm On Nov 08, 2022
Hismasterpiece:

That's the reason for my curiosity. If indeed all smokers died young, the government even would have banned cigarettes and we would have less smokers.

Where did they tell you that all smokers die young?

And you didn't even answer the question. I asked why you think the fact you are bellyaching about is correct but when I tell you some other fact you want to discard it. What makes the cancer warning for smokers more acceptable to you?
Re: I Found This Today. Why Is This So? by Hismasterpiece(m): 5:54pm On Nov 10, 2022
LordReed:

Where did they tell you that all smokers die young?

And you didn't even answer the question. I asked why you think the fact you are bellyaching about is correct but when I tell you some other fact you want to discard it. What makes the cancer warning for smokers more acceptable to you?

The cancer warning isn't more acceptable to me. I'm just curious about it.
Re: I Found This Today. Why Is This So? by LordReed(m): 7:38pm On Nov 10, 2022
Hismasterpiece:

The cancer warning isn't more acceptable to me. I'm just curious about it.

LoLz! If you think the warning is guesswork why are you curious? Won't it be obvious why people would ignore the warnings?
Re: I Found This Today. Why Is This So? by Hismasterpiece(m): 7:42pm On Nov 10, 2022
LordReed:

LoLz! If you think the warning is guesswork why are you curious? Won't it be obvious why people would ignore the warnings?

That's what 8ve been trying to say since... If it is in fact true.. Why do we still have many smokers? Even many who live long..
Re: I Found This Today. Why Is This So? by LordReed(m): 8:53pm On Nov 10, 2022
Hismasterpiece:

That's what 8ve been trying to say since... If it is in fact true.. Why do we still have many smokers? Even many who live long..

You are contradicting yourself. You can't say maybe this fact is true then when I present you with a different fact you want to be picky. Facts are facts they don't care about your curiosity or lack thereof.
Re: I Found This Today. Why Is This So? by Hismasterpiece(m): 10:01am On Nov 11, 2022
LordReed:

You are contradicting yourself. You can't say maybe this fact is true then when I present you with a different fact you want to be picky. Facts are facts they don't care about your curiosity or lack thereof.

OK.. But we can't believe all 'facts' that scientists inform us with.
Re: I Found This Today. Why Is This So? by LordReed(m): 10:12am On Nov 11, 2022
Hismasterpiece:

OK.. But we can't believe all 'facts' that scientists inform us with.

So what criteria do you use to determine which fact to believe?
Re: I Found This Today. Why Is This So? by Hismasterpiece(m): 11:45am On Nov 11, 2022
LordReed:

So what criteria do you use to determine which fact to believe?

Scripture
Re: I Found This Today. Why Is This So? by LordReed(m): 11:47am On Nov 11, 2022
Hismasterpiece:

Scripture

Where in scripture does it say smoking causes cancer?

Meanwhile I can show you from the same scripture that there is reason to believe the sun can be harmful.
Re: I Found This Today. Why Is This So? by suicidesheep: 12:54pm On Nov 11, 2022
Hismasterpiece:

Okay na.. stop drinking clean water and go and be drinking water from a river or tap and see which will kill you faster

Lol, I just started following the tread,
You must be a really dumb person or you just choose to be ignorant
Re: I Found This Today. Why Is This So? by harlee(m): 6:43pm On Nov 11, 2022
Hismasterpiece:
I found this empty cigarette pack on the floor today. It clearly states a warning about smoking. It shows the difference between the lungs of a smoker and a non smoker.

My question is this: Why do people still ignore this warning and smoke? And why do cigarette companies still, with this knowledge sell cigarettes?
first answer: people that smoke derive a feeling from it,but unfortunately, that feeling wears off,so they have to smoke to have that feeling.
Second answer:I once read in a book, that a Christian group organized and took the tobacco company to court and made them have that on every cigarettes pack.
Re: I Found This Today. Why Is This So? by Hismasterpiece(m): 1:52pm On Nov 12, 2022
harlee:
first answer: people that smoke derive a feeling from it,but unfortunately, that feeling wears off,so they have to smoke to have that feeling.
Second answer:I once read in a book, that a Christian group organized and took the tobacco company to court and made them have that on every cigarettes pack.

Hmm.. OK.. But if it Is indeed true, why hasn't the government banned cigarettes?
Re: I Found This Today. Why Is This So? by Hismasterpiece(m): 1:54pm On Nov 12, 2022
suicidesheep:

Lol, I just started following the tread,
You must be a really dumb person or you just choose to be ignorant

No need for insults tho.. You can make your point without it.
Re: I Found This Today. Why Is This So? by Hismasterpiece(m): 6:19pm On Nov 12, 2022
LordReed:

Where in scripture does it say smoking causes cancer?

Meanwhile I can show you from the same scripture that there is reason to believe the sun can be harmful.

Lol.. Show me
Re: I Found This Today. Why Is This So? by LordReed(m): 6:20pm On Nov 12, 2022
Hismasterpiece:

Lol.. Show me

I asked first.
Re: I Found This Today. Why Is This So? by Hismasterpiece(m): 12:36pm On Nov 13, 2022
LordReed:

I asked first.

Scripture doesn't say smoking causes cancer.. But we know from scripture that the average man is under Satan's deception and therefore everything that he says as a result of his own subjective opinion cannot entirely be trusted..
Re: I Found This Today. Why Is This So? by LordReed(m): 7:27pm On Nov 13, 2022
Hismasterpiece:

Scripture doesn't say smoking causes cancer.. But we know from scripture that the average man is under Satan's deception and therefore everything that he says as a result of his own subjective opinion cannot entirely be trusted..

LoLz. So basically your OP is pointless since we can't trust anything humans say. You seem to like to contradict yourself. Bwahahahahaha!
Re: I Found This Today. Why Is This So? by Hismasterpiece(m): 7:23pm On Nov 14, 2022
LordReed:

LoLz. So basically your OP is pointless since we can't trust anything humans say. You seem to like to contradict yourself. Bwahahahahaha!

I'm not saying we can't trust anything humans say. What I'm saying is that some or even most facts may be more subjective than objective.
Re: I Found This Today. Why Is This So? by LordReed(m): 8:00pm On Nov 14, 2022
Hismasterpiece:

I'm not saying we can't trust anything humans say. What I'm saying is that some or even most facts may be more subjective than objective.

And I asked how you can know and you said scripture the same that says nothing about smoking. LoLz.
Re: I Found This Today. Why Is This So? by Hismasterpiece(m): 3:07pm On Nov 15, 2022
LordReed:

And I asked how you can know and you said scripture the same that says nothing about smoking. LoLz.

How can scripture address smoking directly? Obviously it can't except in a prophetic setting. But it does address the nature of man. And we know that man is by nature deceived by Satan and so we can't trust everything he says.
Re: I Found This Today. Why Is This So? by LordReed(m): 3:13pm On Nov 15, 2022
Hismasterpiece:

How can scripture address smoking directly? Obviously it can't except in a prophetic setting. But it does address the nature of man. And we know that man is by nature deceived by Satan and so we can't trust everything he says.

The book that you said will help you figure it out says nothing about it so are you going to know about smoking or any other fact?
Re: I Found This Today. Why Is This So? by Image123(m): 4:58pm On Nov 15, 2022
LordReed:

The book that you said will help you figure it out says nothing about it so are you going to know about smoking or any other fact?

Don't be ridiculous. The Bible clearly warns against destroying the body which is the temple of God. Cigarettes clearly come in that category or is it giving you vitamin C?
Re: I Found This Today. Why Is This So? by LordReed(m): 5:06pm On Nov 15, 2022
Image123:

Don't be ridiculous. The Bible clearly warns against destroying the body which is the temple of God. Cigarettes clearly come in that category or is it giving you vitamin C?

How do you know cigarettes destroy the body?
Re: I Found This Today. Why Is This So? by Image123(m): 5:49pm On Nov 15, 2022
LordReed:

How do you know cigarettes destroy the body?

How can i know, you know that i don't know anything na. Na your ogas talk am.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ok. Deep Sight, Am Listening You. Tell Me About Holy Spirit. / Are Men Of God Good Role Models? / Christian Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.