Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,565 members, 7,820,038 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:53 AM

I Don't Know My Age, And It's Disturbing - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Don't Know My Age, And It's Disturbing (36341 Views)

25 Years Old And I Still Don’t Know My Dad / My Dad Still Treats Me Like A Kid Despite My Age / Family Members Took Pictures With Standing Dead Man (Disturbing Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Don't Know My Age, And It's Disturbing by Beey(f): 3:17pm On Oct 07, 2022
Waynesteave:
Like you read up there, I don't actually know my age, but I can remember some event way back,
I lost my mum and dad so early and I grew up with grandma.

I remember my uncle coming to take me back to lag, in year 2000 precisely and I remember very well when that bomb blast at Ikeja cantoment happened for days in Lagos.

Now key important things to know is, when my uncle came to take me back to lag it was during third term holidays and I was on my way to primary 2 then but when I got to lag he enrroll me to private school and I was taken back to nursery 3 because baba (me) no Sabi even speak English as at then, and I still remember that very moment very well.

So like how many years of age do you guys think I might be then cuz all the memories are still fresh in my brain so for me to still remember everything then, I am thinking maybe i was 7 or 9 then. I'm so confuse.
Think you should visit the registrar of births office. You need to have your parents names & their dates of birth. That should be enough to get you a copy of your birth certificate. Also, knowing the town where you were born would be helpful but if you don’t know, no big deal.
Re: I Don't Know My Age, And It's Disturbing by manitoba(m): 3:18pm On Oct 07, 2022
You should be around 27/28 years now.

Most Children starts school around 4 or 5 years of age in Nigeria except those in educationally disadvantaged areas or those who Lagos peeps which sometimes throw their children into creches as early as 6 months( I am guilty as well).

So for you to be on your way to Primary 2 in 2000, you should be either 4 or 5 years old then.

With this statistics, you should be around 26-28 years bracket by now.

But my Spirit of clairvoyance narrows it down to 27/28.

Waynesteave:
Like you read up there, I don't actually know my age, but I can remember some event way back,

I remember my uncle coming to take me back to lag, in year 2000 precisely and I remember very well when that bomb blast at Ikeja cantoment happened for days in Lagos.

Now key important things to know is, when my uncle came to take me back to lag it was during third term holidays and I was on my way to primary 2 then but when I got to lag he enrroll me to private school and I was taken back to nursery 3 because baba (me) no Sabi even speak English as at then, and I still remember that very moment very well.

So like how many years of age do you guys think I might be then cuz all the memories are still fresh in my brain so for me to still remember everything then, I am thinking maybe i was 7 or 9 then. I'm so confuse.
Re: I Don't Know My Age, And It's Disturbing by Stevebrown(m): 3:18pm On Oct 07, 2022
Op u be 30yrs
Re: I Don't Know My Age, And It's Disturbing by sharone21(f): 3:22pm On Oct 07, 2022
Years 2022-2000= 22 years
+ 7 years (7-9 years as Op suggested). 29 years

Better to pick the lesser age

So, you were born in 1993

Pick any month especially from January to July( Usually end of 3rd term) ..... You can ask to know who was born around same time you were born if you prefer closer month/ year then, compare with the above and quickly go and get a birth certificate though, you may pay more money for it.

Age is nothing but a number and people don't die by age.
Re: I Don't Know My Age, And It's Disturbing by ume1000: 3:25pm On Oct 07, 2022
Waynesteave:
nahhh, that will be I'm 27 yrs nop I am way past 27
adopt a date ,that's what I did
Re: I Don't Know My Age, And It's Disturbing by Pat081: 3:28pm On Oct 07, 2022
Go to any court and do an affidavit of date of birth everything in this country is fake so you can fake it just like baba BAT

1 Like

Re: I Don't Know My Age, And It's Disturbing by Johel(m): 3:34pm On Oct 07, 2022
Waynesteave:

It's best you don't even know your age cos when you do and you never make am yet,Na there depression go creep walk come grin...just live life bro, and try make life meaningful for yourself..Age is just a number, the legacy is what matters....All the best in the battle field.
Re: I Don't Know My Age, And It's Disturbing by Boyooosa(m): 3:35pm On Oct 07, 2022
MITCHELL96:
This is weird, it's a shame for a parent not to know their child's birthday, I hear most people saying this particular thing.

Your parent are responsible for this, ask them. undecided

MODIFIED: I just saw about 50 MENTIONS on this thread alone, I understand I made a mistake by concluding so fast, most of you must have done this too but will quote me and be claiming as if you're perfect.

The OP typed without leaving a f^cking space, it's hard to read things that are typed that way and my phone's font is on the smallest, I judged by the headline which some of you do too.

Well, at least,I didn't make a mistake of voting Buhari that made you guys jobless to quote me on this forum, most of you guys quoting will still go on to vote Tinubu Or Atiku, now between me and you, who has or will make the biggest mistake ?

Mtcheew! grin

We're re o, e ma wo niran o

Awon eyan Nwamaikpe
I know say ma u still change moniker las las grin
Re: I Don't Know My Age, And It's Disturbing by Obidient4life2: 3:36pm On Oct 07, 2022
Waynesteave:

My guess should be 8years.
Re: I Don't Know My Age, And It's Disturbing by TruthHurts100: 3:37pm On Oct 07, 2022
Waynesteave:

Go back to the primary school you were before coming to lagos. Your parents have families that definitely are aware of your birth.
Re: I Don't Know My Age, And It's Disturbing by lowaist101: 3:37pm On Oct 07, 2022
if u were in primary 2 and u came to lagos around the time of the bombblast, then u might be around 8 yrs in 2002. ordinarily, u shld start sch by 7 yrs and d bomblast happened on d 27-1-2002.
so if u were 8 in 2002, then you must have been born in 1994.
if u gave accurate info, your age shld be btw 25-30.
Re: I Don't Know My Age, And It's Disturbing by Lakeview: 3:39pm On Oct 07, 2022
Waynesteave:

you need to do a check up in a US Fossil lab.
If they can know the age of a dinosaur that dies millions of years ago, yours is just a walk in the park
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Don't Know My Age, And It's Disturbing by Abakelawal(f): 3:40pm On Oct 07, 2022
The best option now is either u go back to ur first primary school, I don't know if u are birth in the hospital if yes, go back to the hospital they will even tell you the time of birth but is going to be hard.

- you can also look for ur primary school mate and ask some of them there date of birth at least u will see 3 of them that ar the same . Which means u were all given birth to same year

- since u were sharp before you left u can ask u mum's friends, neighbor, sister and brother
Re: I Don't Know My Age, And It's Disturbing by vikkogg: 3:43pm On Oct 07, 2022
Going by what you wrote up there and after doing my mathematics, you should be 28+/-1 this year 2022.

You're welcome.

Waynesteave:

Re: I Don't Know My Age, And It's Disturbing by etrange: 3:45pm On Oct 07, 2022
MITCHELL96:
This is weird, it's a shame for a parent not to know their child's birthday, I hear most people saying this particular thing.

MODIFIED: I just saw about 50 MENTIONS on this thread alone, I understand I made a mistake by concluding so fast, most of you must have done this too but will quote me and be claiming as if you're perfect.

The OP typed without leaving a f^cking space, it's hard to read things that are typed that way and my phone's font is on the smallest, I judged by the headline which some of you do too.

Well, at least,I didn't make a mistake of voting Buhari that made you guys jobless to quote me on this forum, most of you guys quoting will still go on to vote Tinubu Or Atiku, now between me and you, who has or will make the biggest mistake ?

Mtcheew! grin

Dude, you made a mistake. Simple. No need to be all defensive or even go offensive on those that called you out for it. When you see them making a similar mistake, call their attention to it too. But till then, you're the one that messed up today, and you should take responsibility for it and stop there. This idea of calling in Buhari, Tinubu and Atiku on a such an open-and-close case instead of just acknowledging your mistake and moving on is childish and simply shows you have a hard time owning up to your errors.
Re: I Don't Know My Age, And It's Disturbing by TonyBby: 3:47pm On Oct 07, 2022
Ikeja blast was 2002, calculate it up.
Re: I Don't Know My Age, And It's Disturbing by Jeezuzpick(m): 3:50pm On Oct 07, 2022
MITCHELL96:

Mtcheew! grin

Enough with the excuses and long story! If all those people mentioned your gaffe, it means they read the OP and knew you effed up.

Real men admit it when they are wrong.

No big deal.

1 Like

Re: I Don't Know My Age, And It's Disturbing by CYFANN: 3:56pm On Oct 07, 2022
Waynesteave:
my uncle is dead, he died in 2004 on my arms.

You should be worried about people dying in your family and not your age. I'll not advise you to go to your village to ask for your date of birth, e get why
Re: I Don't Know My Age, And It's Disturbing by princejones(m): 3:56pm On Oct 07, 2022
For you to be in primary 2 then means you were around 9 years. After all children in the village start school late
Re: I Don't Know My Age, And It's Disturbing by etrange: 3:58pm On Oct 07, 2022
Lakeview:
you need to do a check up in a US Fossil lab.
If they can know the age of a dinosaur that dies millions of years ago, yours is just a walk in the park
grin

Funny enough, carbon dating would likely fail cause we're dealing with tens of years here. The changes might be too small to be detected by the process. When they say something happened 7m years ago, it could be 10 years or even 20 years plus or minus and that would be considered inconsequential cause we're dealing with millions. But with age, that would be a big deal and would make the result unreliable.

However, his age can be determined by using DNA methylation. The methylation changes with age to a reasonable degree of accuracy. To increase the accuracy, the cells can be picked from different areas of the body so that the average result could be used.

1 Like

Re: I Don't Know My Age, And It's Disturbing by Ihatebuhariwith(m): 3:59pm On Oct 07, 2022
Dunkjames5:
op what are you talking about?
I look 30 but am just 21.
me too.n I look 23 and I'm 28.
Re: I Don't Know My Age, And It's Disturbing by Dunkjames5(m): 4:02pm On Oct 07, 2022
Ihatebuhariwith:
me too.n I look 23 and I'm 28.
ain't you happy with that?
Re: I Don't Know My Age, And It's Disturbing by dododawa1: 4:10pm On Oct 07, 2022
Choice any age,your life no concern anybody.
Re: I Don't Know My Age, And It's Disturbing by Obarofrederick(m): 4:10pm On Oct 07, 2022
MyFlair:

9years olds are in secondary schools now
9years old in secondary? shocked
Re: I Don't Know My Age, And It's Disturbing by MrCuteAndLoaded: 4:12pm On Oct 07, 2022
Don't worry yourself that much. Just choose October 1st and go to a local registry to do a birth certificate for you. Since you remembered being in pry 2, minus 6 years from that to get they year. Your level of accuracy will be + or - 2 years which is not bad.

Albeit, the birth certificate made up for you will be the consolation of all
Re: I Don't Know My Age, And It's Disturbing by Akpan107(m): 4:15pm On Oct 07, 2022
Waynesteave:

Just take any birthday that suits your look...

There are more important things to worry about, age or birthday shouldn't be among.

I was born into a Jehovah's witness Family (They often descourage the celebration of birthday), being the sixth born out 8,

after growing up, I don't know my age, I just picked a age that's OK for me.

In life, we must not know or understand everything...
Re: I Don't Know My Age, And It's Disturbing by Yinkus057: 4:20pm On Oct 07, 2022
It's simple. Back then, we usually go into primary 1 at age 6. So from my calculation u 8 yrs in the year 2000, so this year u should be 30yrs shikenna

Waynesteave
post=117340995:

Re: I Don't Know My Age, And It's Disturbing by AbleGodsolution(m): 4:22pm On Oct 07, 2022
My mom's alive.
She doesn't know when exactly she gave birth to me.
She had me outta wedlock.
I don't know the full story
(she refused to tell me)
She later married my step dad.
The I called dad all my life.
The man loved me.
I went to the best school around then .
I got 4 other Step siblings.

Now,
In our village,
When a single mom gets married,
The child automatically becomes her husband's legitimately.
It's customary .

Now I can vividly remember how and when my mom got married.

But each time I ask of my birth date,
She fumbles
Today she'll say 97,
Tomorrow 98
Next 99...
But she sounded clear about the day.
She said it was on Easter day.
I picked 1996 as my date of birth and April 12 on my own.
But deep down,
I don't really know my age.

The only evidence my mom got is baptismal certificate.
Something that was done when I was already knacking low key ���

E just be things sha
Re: I Don't Know My Age, And It's Disturbing by Elidrisy20: 4:23pm On Oct 07, 2022
Who age help, find money, if tinubu is 69yrs and his daughter 76yrs is possible with you
Re: I Don't Know My Age, And It's Disturbing by Enumerator(m): 4:23pm On Oct 07, 2022
cheesy
VeryWickedGoat:
OP which year did you start fucking?
Re: I Don't Know My Age, And It's Disturbing by lawrenzooo: 4:23pm On Oct 07, 2022
Waynesteave:

If your parents lived in the village and were educated you probably started school by 5 and u probably started from primary one. Most village schools back then do not have nursery sch.

If your parent were not educated u probably started schooling by 7 or 9.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Top 10 Qualities A Good Wife Must Have / Boy Goes Over To Neighbour's House To Pick His Female Friend For School Everyday / What Weird Experience Have You Had With A Pregnant Woman?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.