Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,742 members, 7,817,051 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:04 AM

Is It Possible To Learn How To Drive Within A Day And Hit The High Way The Next - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Possible To Learn How To Drive Within A Day And Hit The High Way The Next (850 Views)

Two Fat Ladies Teach Men How To Bleep And Hit The G-pot Of Fat Women To Orgasm / My Relationship Is About To Hit The Rock, Pls Advice , / Is It Possible To Use Finger To Dis-virgin A Girl? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Possible To Learn How To Drive Within A Day And Hit The High Way The Next by Stankovic22: 7:57pm On Oct 07, 2022
Hi guys!

So we are here having a conversation, me and my guys, talking about our first day driving on the high way.

Two of our guys claimed that they got access to car once, practiced for some hours and the next day hit the high way in Lagos.

An argument ensued while the others doubted them but they insist that they were self taught and did it.

Giving the fact that I am still struggling to drive,their story makes it seem like driving is so easy and one can just hit the highway after few hours of training.

How long did it take you to learn and when did you hit the high way. What was the experience like?

Share please
Re: Is It Possible To Learn How To Drive Within A Day And Hit The High Way The Next by grafixdon: 8:01pm On Oct 07, 2022
Not possible, atleast you need a week or two of intensive training
Re: Is It Possible To Learn How To Drive Within A Day And Hit The High Way The Next by BlackkPegasus(m): 8:02pm On Oct 07, 2022
OP is asking if its posible to get admited into school and still get awarded with certificate on the same day.
Re: Is It Possible To Learn How To Drive Within A Day And Hit The High Way The Next by Stankovic22: 8:05pm On Oct 07, 2022
BlackkPegasus:
OP is asking if its posible to get admited into school and still get awarded with certificate on the same day.

I am learning but still struggling
Re: Is It Possible To Learn How To Drive Within A Day And Hit The High Way The Next by marlow1962(m): 8:05pm On Oct 07, 2022
I learnt how to drive with my brothers car (manual), it’s difficult tho (changing gears and the rest).
My car is automatic, it’s very easy.
Re: Is It Possible To Learn How To Drive Within A Day And Hit The High Way The Next by Stankovic22: 8:06pm On Oct 07, 2022
marlow1962:
I learnt how to drive with my brothers car (manual), it’s difficult tho (changing gears and the rest).
My car is automatic, it’s very easy.

How long did it take you and when did you hit the high way?
Re: Is It Possible To Learn How To Drive Within A Day And Hit The High Way The Next by Janesouthall: 8:18pm On Oct 07, 2022
I will say it is difficult with manual...but with automatic I learn the basics in a day...the next day na Express I enter...with mind ooo...na one side lane I dey all through..
Re: Is It Possible To Learn How To Drive Within A Day And Hit The High Way The Next by tobidipity(m): 8:19pm On Oct 07, 2022
Learned driving in a week. The following week i drove lagos to Akure to and fro.
Re: Is It Possible To Learn How To Drive Within A Day And Hit The High Way The Next by decatalyst(m): 8:21pm On Oct 07, 2022
Please do not sit or journey with such person ooo.

Learning how to drive in a day and entering highway the same day is like getting admitted to the university and saying because you are so brilliant you will graduate the same month.

It's not possible and even if you do, it's like signing death wish note.

Experience drivers sef dey struggle with some bends.

I am also guessing you havent experienced the breeze of a speeding dangote trailer.

Do not skip the process of gradual learning and application. It is very important.
Re: Is It Possible To Learn How To Drive Within A Day And Hit The High Way The Next by Stankovic22: 8:22pm On Oct 07, 2022
tobidipity:
Learned driving in a week. The following week i drove lagos to Akure to and fro.

Ehhhh akure to Lagos?

I know that akure road ooo very narrow one way meandering road.

I dey struggle to believe grin
Re: Is It Possible To Learn How To Drive Within A Day And Hit The High Way The Next by Stankovic22: 8:23pm On Oct 07, 2022
Janesouthall:
I will say it is difficult with manual...but with automatic I learn the basics in a day...the next day na Express I enter...with mind ooo...na one side lane I dey all through..

But before then you were used to automatic transmission abi
Re: Is It Possible To Learn How To Drive Within A Day And Hit The High Way The Next by Nobody: 8:27pm On Oct 07, 2022
Learning depends on individuals and exposure. Some people who travels alot and sits on front seats, do so most often to learn how to swerve when they start driving.

I started with automatic, three days after rammed into an old Gbayi woman house on our street (Nearly got mobbed). Stopped driving immediately o. A year later, I went back to Manuel drive, next few days I entered express way and got stucked in the middle of the road because of changing gears issues (that moment was really scary). I kept on pushing for months before hitting the high ways; though prior to this, there was no reason for me to use the high ways but was already good with my driving skills.

So it is possible for your guys to actually hit the high ways the next day, if they live close to one but to say that they drove on an hour plus drive on it, is out of this world experience.

There are basics to driving skills that you need to acquire first through interstate links roads before using the high ways. Those guys are economical with their stories. If I had lived close to the highways, same way I drove the car next three days in our street, same would have been my lot (I go then use am make mouth).

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Learn How To Drive Within A Day And Hit The High Way The Next by marlow1962(m): 8:31pm On Oct 07, 2022
Stankovic22:

How long did it take you and when did you hit the high way?
Am a fast learner, I usually watch him when he’s driving. Every Saturdays we always go to one sec sch close to where we stay ( yes he teaches me some basic tins about owning and driving a car, cus that’s the only days he is chanced ). It took me like 2months with some weeks before I became perfect in it.
My car is automatic when it comes to gears, i always leave mine in gear 2 while on sport+ ( there’s no need rushing and besides d car runs fast)

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Learn How To Drive Within A Day And Hit The High Way The Next by Efuaye(m): 8:31pm On Oct 07, 2022
It's possible!

I did it in matter of hours!
But before then, I deliberately sit in front of Danfo Bus when I commuted, just to observe how they drove...I regularly asked them questions when I wasn't clear on why they did what they did!
When my agent brought my first car, driving it was very easy and it was like I have been driving before.

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Learn How To Drive Within A Day And Hit The High Way The Next by Stankovic22: 8:39pm On Oct 07, 2022
Efuaye:
It's possible!

I did it in matter of hours!
But before then, I deliberately sit in front of Danfo Bus when I commuted, just to observe how they drove...I regularly asked them questions when I wasn't clear on why they did what they did!
When my agent brought my first car, driving it was very easy and it was like I have been driving before.

You must be very smart then

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Learn How To Drive Within A Day And Hit The High Way The Next by Stankovic22: 8:40pm On Oct 07, 2022
marlow1962:

Am a fast learner, I usually watch him when he’s driving. Every Saturdays we always go to one sec sch close to where we stay ( yes he teaches me some basic tins about owning and driving a car, cus that’s the only days he is chanced ). It took me like 2months with some weeks before I became perfect in it.
My car is automatic when it comes to gears, i always leave mine in gear 2 while on sport+ ( there’s no need rushing and besides d car runs fast)

Cool. I think i am not getting it because of fright
Re: Is It Possible To Learn How To Drive Within A Day And Hit The High Way The Next by Stankovic22: 8:42pm On Oct 07, 2022
inspirator1:
Learning depends on individuals and exposure. Some people who travels alot and sits on front seats, do so most often to learn how to swerve when they start driving.

I started with automatic, three days after rammed into an old Gbayi woman house on our street (Nearly got mobbed). Stop driving immediately o. A year later, I went back to Manuel drive, next few days I entered express way and got stucked in the middle of the road because of changing gears issues (that moment was really scary). I kept on pushing for months before hitting the high ways; though prior to this, there was no reason for me to use the high ways but was already good with my driving skills.

So it is possible for your guys to actually hit the high ways the next day, if they live close to one but to say that they drove on an hour plus drive on it, is out of this world experience.

There are basics to driving skills that you need to acquire first through interstate links roads before using the high ways. Those guys are economical with their stories. If I had lived close to the highways, same way I drove the car next three days in our street, same would have been my lot (I go then use am make mouth).

Truth. Thank you
Re: Is It Possible To Learn How To Drive Within A Day And Hit The High Way The Next by Janesouthall: 8:45pm On Oct 07, 2022
Stankovic22:

But before then you were used to automatic transmission abi

My dad had the 504 manual car then so my senior brothers use to cruise the car...but after they all left for university nai na uncle say make him teach me ooo...first time I nearly jam fence...since then I pass by anything manual ....thank God for auto ..no stress

I drove my dad auto first day...learnt the basics from my senior brothers whenever they do demonstrate and explain it...just know the basics and touch are good to go....most especially..YOU GATS GET MIND...
Re: Is It Possible To Learn How To Drive Within A Day And Hit The High Way The Next by Nonexisting1: 8:50pm On Oct 07, 2022
If you want to learn driving and drive on the high way the same day, you better wait until midnight and head straight to a local express road. That way, you can kill only yourself by yourself.

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Learn How To Drive Within A Day And Hit The High Way The Next by marlow1962(m): 8:52pm On Oct 07, 2022
Stankovic22:

Cool. I think i am not getting it because of fright
remove fear and you will be okay.
Also when entering a car, try to sit at the front and watch how the drivers does his own ( this will also help with experience )

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Learn How To Drive Within A Day And Hit The High Way The Next by tobidipity(m): 8:52pm On Oct 07, 2022
Stankovic22:

Ehhhh akure to Lagos?

I know that akure road ooo very narrow one way meandering road.

I dey struggle to believe grin

Few friends doubted me when i told them i was in Akure, especially the one that taught me how to drive till i shared my location. I knew the basics of driving i only learned the practical so it was easier for me to make the trip a week after. And truth is, that journey made me an expert driver till date

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Learn How To Drive Within A Day And Hit The High Way The Next by Stankovic22: 9:09pm On Oct 07, 2022
marlow1962:
remove fear and you will be okay.
Also when entering a car, try to sit at the front and watch how the drivers does his own ( this will also help with experience )

That fear is the major issue
Re: Is It Possible To Learn How To Drive Within A Day And Hit The High Way The Next by Stankovic22: 9:09pm On Oct 07, 2022
tobidipity:

Few friends doubted me when i told them i was in Akure, especially the one that thought me how to drive till i shared my location. I knew the basics of driving i only learned the practical so it was easier for me to make the trip a week after. And truth is, that journey made me an expert driver till date

You get mind sha
Re: Is It Possible To Learn How To Drive Within A Day And Hit The High Way The Next by Stankovic22: 9:10pm On Oct 07, 2022
Nonexisting1:
If you want to learn driving and drive on the high way the same day, you better wait until midnight and head straight to a local express road. That way, you can kill only yourself by yourself.

Hahahahahah. Definitely driving with a friend

(1) (Reply)

Watch As Man Publicly Breaks Down In Tears After Girlfriend Dumped Him (video) / Why Would You Want To F**k This Up? / Give Up On Love. Abandon Your Babe And Go Solid MGTOW! Here's Why!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.