Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,059 members, 7,810,953 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:23 PM

How Do I Handle This? Pls Advise - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do I Handle This? Pls Advise (3086 Views)

Which Lady Knows This Pls? How Effective Is It?(pics Inside) / How Do I Handle This? Am Not Proud Of My Girl's Looks.. / How Do I Handle This? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Handle This? Pls Advise by Onetenth: 7:33pm On Oct 13, 2022
I have a sum of 135k sitting in my account, this money I have is for my urgent medical condition have been saving for, I have to treat starting from next week it's a knee problem I have been nursing for a while and starting with scan and other bills I don't know how much I might be charged of but I have been advised to come with atleast 100k to start the treatment.

But here's the issue, my jnr brother who has been home for a while due to ASUU strike needs the sum of 99k+ to pay his school fee, their school portal closes on Sunday. I am really confused right now because both my treatment and his school fees are very important, and without the treatment I can't do anything or work.

Had it been I'm healthy, paying his school fee wouldn't be a problem for me. Please I need advise on what steps I can go about this because I'm confused. I really want to help him because we don't have anyone but it's risky for me also because I need to treat myself so I can start hustling again. Thanks

Nlfpmod
Mynd44
Seun

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Handle This? Pls Advise by Onetenth: 7:39pm On Oct 13, 2022
Here is a screenshot of the message he sent this morning embarassed

1 Like

Re: How Do I Handle This? Pls Advise by Damojoy(m): 7:48pm On Oct 13, 2022
Health is wealth bro

9 Likes

Re: How Do I Handle This? Pls Advise by garriAndsugar: 7:49pm On Oct 13, 2022
You need money abi advice which one?

14 Likes

Re: How Do I Handle This? Pls Advise by Onetenth: 7:49pm On Oct 13, 2022
garriAndsugar:
You need money abi advice which one?
advise.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Handle This? Pls Advise by JASONjnr(m): 7:50pm On Oct 13, 2022
You choose between your health and family.....

Consider yourself in the middle... Will he sacrifice his health for you or not...

Do the needful.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Handle This? Pls Advise by donbachi(m): 7:51pm On Oct 13, 2022
Lil bro for acquire one skill na.for dis ASUU strike.him for assist u small.
All dis side hustle wey full everywhere.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Handle This? Pls Advise by Onetenth: 7:59pm On Oct 13, 2022
JASONjnr:
You choose between your health and family.....

Consider yourself in the middle... Will he sacrifice his health for you or not...

Do the needful.
bruh, honestly it's so hard making a decision

1 Like

Re: How Do I Handle This? Pls Advise by Onetenth: 8:03pm On Oct 13, 2022
donbachi:
Lil bro for acquire one skill na.for dis ASUU strike.him for assist u small.
All dis side hustle wey full everywhere.
he helped me with my hustle all through dis period I couldn't go out. Though I pay him but yet, this is a very hard situation for me

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Handle This? Pls Advise by Sunijacks(m): 8:42pm On Oct 13, 2022
Does he know your health condition and the pains you go through because of it? If yes he will understand.

He can still go to school if not now later.

You've got to make a choice bro
Re: How Do I Handle This? Pls Advise by Onetenth: 8:48pm On Oct 13, 2022
Sunijacks:
Does he know your health condition and the pains you go through because of it? If yes he will understand.

He can still go to school if not now later.

You've got to make a choice bro

Yes he knows my health condition, this he has been helping me work since I couldn't do it myself.
Re: How Do I Handle This? Pls Advise by ChuksHills(m): 8:57pm On Oct 13, 2022
Onetenth:
I have a sum of 135k sitting in my account, this money I have is for my urgent medical condition have been saving for, I have to treat starting from next week it's a knee problem I have been nursing for a while and starting with scan and other bills I don't know how much I might be charged of but I have been advised to come with atleast 100k to start the treatment.

But here's the issue, my jnr brother who has been home for a while due to ASUU strike needs the sum of 99k+ to pay his school fee, their school portal closes on Sunday. I am really confused right now because both my treatment and his school fees are very important, and without the treatment I can't do anything or work.

Had it been I'm healthy, paying his school fee wouldn't be a problem for me. Please I need advise on what steps I can go about this because I'm confused. I really want to help him because we don't have anyone but it's risky for me also because I need to treat myself so I can start hustling again. Thanks

Nlfpmod
Mynd44
Seun

If you are really the person training your brother in school you can tell him to defy his admission at least for one year so you can treat your self after that he can go back to school and continue from where he stopped. Just simple

10 Likes

Re: How Do I Handle This? Pls Advise by rickleye: 9:20pm On Oct 13, 2022
Use the money to pay for school fees
You’re left with 35k, so you need 65k
Ask 13 people for 5k

1 Like

Re: How Do I Handle This? Pls Advise by Onetenth: 9:54pm On Oct 13, 2022
rickleye:
Ask 13 people for 5k
ask who? I don't know any family bruh. Besides I don't even know how to beg for money, I rather work my ass of to get whatever I need but health isn't helping rn

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Handle This? Pls Advise by Godada(m): 9:57pm On Oct 13, 2022

Take care of yourself first.

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Handle This? Pls Advise by Zonefree(m): 10:59pm On Oct 13, 2022
rickleye:
Ask 13 people for 5k
Where will the 13 people get the 5k to send to him

11 Likes

Re: How Do I Handle This? Pls Advise by rickleye: 11:16pm On Oct 13, 2022
Zonefree:

Where will the 13 people get the 5k to send for him

I am one. You however, cant tell me there are not 13 people who can give a brother a hand on Nairaland.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Handle This? Pls Advise by rickleye: 11:17pm On Oct 13, 2022
Onetenth:
ask who? I don't know any family bruh. Besides I don't even know how to beg for money, I rather work my ass of to get whatever I need but health isn't helping rn

Dude, don't be too proud to beg.
Re: How Do I Handle This? Pls Advise by Highman56: 11:20pm On Oct 13, 2022
Go for treatment first

1 Like

Re: How Do I Handle This? Pls Advise by Estrointrovert: 11:28pm On Oct 13, 2022
rickleye:

I am one. You however, cant tell me there are not 13 people who can give a brother a hand on Nairaland.

I will take No. 2
If we can, let’s do this

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Handle This? Pls Advise by Niom(m): 11:51pm On Oct 13, 2022
rickleye:

Dude, don't be too proud to beg.

Where the pride come from na
He said he prefers to work for the money than beg people, how is that pride?
You think everyone enjoys begging?

I see no trace of pride in his decision mbok...

9 Likes

Re: How Do I Handle This? Pls Advise by dontrulee: 12:33am On Oct 14, 2022
Hmmmm .. I wish I can help at the moment but bills plenty on me.

It's best you treat your condition first as health is wealth. your brother can defer his academic session. I know how hard and how difficult it is to disappoint blood but in the end it's everyman for himself and God for us all.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Handle This? Pls Advise by ObalendeCMS: 12:51am On Oct 14, 2022
Bro, I’ll be blunt with you. Go treat yourself first. As for your brother school fee, bro, please ditch that for now. Naija school is a scam; your brother has been home for 8months due to strike. The way his text message is composed sed, no bam. Try to stay alive, bro.

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Handle This? Pls Advise by pansophist(m): 1:20am On Oct 14, 2022
All these brothers sef.

You mean your brother stayed at home due to strike for close to a year without having a side hustle to support himself? during my studies, I never missed a chance to work.

I was working after class, on weekend, and during holidays. Your brother must start bringing money and not suffocate you financially. Heaven help those who help themselves. Treat yourself first. You need to be healthy and alive before school.

Your brother should either postpone his studies, or wait till you can afford to pay it for him. But you must remove what is in your eyes first before someone's own. Especially that Nigerian school train people for the past, not the present, and definitely not the future.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Handle This? Pls Advise by Coldplay007(f): 3:57am On Oct 14, 2022
Estrointrovert:

I will take No. 2
If we can, let’s do this

No 3, 4 , 5 and 6
Re: How Do I Handle This? Pls Advise by Onetenth: 4:07am On Oct 14, 2022
rickleye:

Are u serious bruh? I really thank you for this show of kindness

1 Like

Re: How Do I Handle This? Pls Advise by Onetenth: 4:09am On Oct 14, 2022
Estrointrovert:

I will take No. 2
If we can, let’s do this
I will be forever indebted despite the fact u don't know me

1 Like

Re: How Do I Handle This? Pls Advise by Onetenth: 4:10am On Oct 14, 2022
Niom:

Where the pride come from na
He said he prefers to work for the money than beg people, how is that pride?
You think everyone enjoys begging?

I see no trace of pride in his decision mbok...
thanks bruh, it's not pride like u said it's just the way I have nutured myself since I know there's no family to rely on
Re: How Do I Handle This? Pls Advise by Onetenth: 4:14am On Oct 14, 2022
dontrulee:
Hmmmm .. I wish I can help at the moment but bills plenty on me.

It's best you treat your condition first as health is wealth. your brother can defer his academic session. I know how hard and how difficult it is to disappoint blood but in the end it's everyman for himself and God for us all.
honestly I didn't even post this to solicit for funds, but I'm awed as some people are planning to help out. I appreciate ur concern. And as regards my brother, I have been always there for him hence the reason I'm still scared to make him loose something as important as this but my health matters also

1 Like

Re: How Do I Handle This? Pls Advise by Onetenth: 4:18am On Oct 14, 2022
ObalendeCMS:
Bro, I’ll be blunt with you. Go treat yourself first. As for your brother school fee, bro, please ditch that for now. Naija school is a scam; your brother has been home for 8months due to strike. The way his text message is composed sed, no bam. Try to stay alive, bro.
thanks for d concern bro. Thing is over a week now, he has been working tirelessly to at raise part of the money, he is paid 1500 daily, It makes me believe he serious with his life but as the only family to him I have to do something as I have always done besides he's just 18 years old
Re: How Do I Handle This? Pls Advise by Onetenth: 4:21am On Oct 14, 2022
pansophist:
All these brothers sef.

You mean your brother stayed at home due to strike for close to a year without having a side hustle to support himself? during my studies, I never missed a chance to work.

I was working after class, on weekend, and during holidays. Your brother must start bringing money and not suffocate you financially. Heaven help those who help themselves. Treat yourself first. You need to be healthy and alive before school.

Your brother should either postpone his studies, or wait till you can afford to pay it for him. But you must remove what is in your eyes first before someone's own. Especially that Nigerian school train people for the past, not the present, and definitely not the future.

when their strike started, I asked him to go learn graphics design which I also paid for. Few months after that I started developing my health complications which he had to stop all he was doing and he started helping me with my business.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Handle This? Pls Advise by Onetenth: 4:23am On Oct 14, 2022
Coldplay007:

No 3, 4 , 5 and 6
I can't believe this. Thank u very much ma. I really appreciate you

(1) (2) (Reply)

Helpless And Dying Just Confused / Please Help Me Guys(about My Girlfriend / Which Sustains A Relationship; SEX OR MONEY.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.