Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,921 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:15 AM

ASUU Suspends 8-Month-Old Strike Conditionally - ChannelsTV - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Suspends 8-Month-Old Strike Conditionally - ChannelsTV (50572 Views)

Our Issues Not Fully Addressed: ASUU Suspends 8-month Old Strike / ASUU Suspends Nine-Month-Old Strike / List Of ASUU Demands As Strike Is Suspended Conditionally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU Suspends 8-Month-Old Strike Conditionally - ChannelsTV by Mathain19(m): 10:46am On Oct 14, 2022
When two elephant fight, the grass suffer most...
I am pained.... sad
Re: ASUU Suspends 8-Month-Old Strike Conditionally - ChannelsTV by Josephkabila12: 10:59am On Oct 14, 2022
chiefolododo:
Expect another strike by December
then ASUU will be banned for forever
Re: ASUU Suspends 8-Month-Old Strike Conditionally - ChannelsTV by goodnessme1(f): 11:01am On Oct 14, 2022
Okealaaye:

Left to the Egyptians, the Israelites would still be slaves in Goshen. But the Israelites did not pick war as their choice weapon of freedom. At no time did they grandstand even though they're God's chosen race. They're humble and they faithfully discharged their duties to the State. They devised proper means of emancipation and the Bible says that many Egyptians gifted them gold trinkets and diamonds and other precious stones when they were fleeing Egypt. The Igbo of Southeastern Nigeria should learn many lessons from this. No country allows its own dismemberment. Let the Igbo go back home, knock their heads together, and arrive at the appropriate countermeasures to challenge their oppression, marginalisation and the hatred that the other Nigerians have for them. But they should remember that at no time did Moses or Aaron or the other Israelites abuse or curse the Egyptians while their slavery lasted. Instead, they turned the heat on their leaders and God, as it were, each time the oppresion became unbearable. Here then is a viable template for the Igbo to apply to their condition in Nigeria, because freedom like Nigeria's presidency, is not given gratis.
For your mind you made sense.

So you didn't read where an Israelite and Egyptian were fighting,then in the process of separating them Moses killed the Egyptian which made him run away
Re: ASUU Suspends 8-Month-Old Strike Conditionally - ChannelsTV by JJuanMiguel: 11:06am On Oct 14, 2022
amerengues:

You people would soon understand that ASUU won this war! Watch out for the next information
ASUU, press release or what?
It's already everywhere, they cited the appeal court ruling as the reason for calling off the strike.
It's now left for Buahr to pity them and pay some of the 8 months salary.
Re: ASUU Suspends 8-Month-Old Strike Conditionally - ChannelsTV by drealcivilceno(m): 11:15am On Oct 14, 2022
maxtop:
Resumption or not I just got my visa issued. I will see you guys at the other side where lives and education carry more budget allocation than Senator's wardrobe allowance. SHALOM !!

Awesome, reserve some space for me!
Re: ASUU Suspends 8-Month-Old Strike Conditionally - ChannelsTV by drealcivilceno(m): 11:17am On Oct 14, 2022
vicola0281:
Most of these students just wanna resume to continue fornicating. Just a few are serious with their academics. ��

This time Lecturers no go even send anybody, papa!

They will do as they well please!
Re: ASUU Suspends 8-Month-Old Strike Conditionally - ChannelsTV by ipadeola91057: 11:18am On Oct 14, 2022
. More like; ASUU Suspends Strike, To Resume Later. . More like; ASUU Suspends Strike, To Resume Later. ...
Re: ASUU Suspends 8-Month-Old Strike Conditionally - ChannelsTV by JJuanMiguel: 11:29am On Oct 14, 2022
drealcivilceno:

Wetin dem dey do before pass to set exam questions and mark scripts?
Re: ASUU Suspends 8-Month-Old Strike Conditionally - ChannelsTV by chiefolododo(m): 12:12pm On Oct 14, 2022
Josephkabila12:
then ASUU will be banned for forever
only forever ? Even in heaven
Re: ASUU Suspends 8-Month-Old Strike Conditionally - ChannelsTV by Blesstar(f): 12:48pm On Oct 14, 2022
They are finally tired o
FG don serve them breakfast grin

Stephenmoka4 have you seen this? shocked
Re: ASUU Suspends 8-Month-Old Strike Conditionally - ChannelsTV by Stephenmoka4(m): 2:18pm On Oct 14, 2022
Blesstar:
They are finally tired o
FG don serve them breakfast grin

Stephenmoka have you seen this? shocked
Yes dear

Year 1 B to resume on Monday, while returning students resumes on the 30th... Shey u have seen the memo?
Re: ASUU Suspends 8-Month-Old Strike Conditionally - ChannelsTV by CheapHomes1: 2:20pm On Oct 14, 2022
Auskyd:

Stay there dey ask mumu questions lmao.

Are you saying that your number 1 is a mumu statement?
Re: ASUU Suspends 8-Month-Old Strike Conditionally - ChannelsTV by CheapHomes1: 2:22pm On Oct 14, 2022
drealcivilceno:

Is there any time they haven't been doing as they please? Do they value their students?
Re: ASUU Suspends 8-Month-Old Strike Conditionally - ChannelsTV by Blesstar(f): 2:39pm On Oct 14, 2022
Stephenmoka4:
Yes dear

Year 1 B to resume on Monday, while returning students resumes on the 30th... Shey u have seen the memo?
Actually I've not seen it.
But a friend called and told me about it.
I didn't believe her sha. They just called off strike at 12:00pm today and memo is already out?
Re: ASUU Suspends 8-Month-Old Strike Conditionally - ChannelsTV by Stephenmoka4(m): 2:45pm On Oct 14, 2022
Blesstar:

Actually I've not seen it.
But a friend called and told me about it.
I didn't believe her sha. They just called off strike at 12:00pm today and memo is already out?
I saw it today, I think they suspended it before 12:00 PM. I know some students will resume before 30th. Funny thing is 30th looks far and when it's getting closer, I might say can the resumption be next week? (November) grin
Re: ASUU Suspends 8-Month-Old Strike Conditionally - ChannelsTV by tunwumi: 3:11pm On Oct 14, 2022
SaintLucia:
U mean SaintLucia preferred to live at aro instead of your family house? grin

Fixed
Re: ASUU Suspends 8-Month-Old Strike Conditionally - ChannelsTV by Blesstar(f): 3:31pm On Oct 14, 2022
Stephenmoka4:
I saw it today, I think they suspended it before 12:00 PM. I know some students will resume before 30th. Funny thing is 30th looks far and when it's getting closer, I might say can the resumption be next week? (November) grin
grin
I swear

I said 12:00pm because dats when ASUU president released his official press release to suspend the strike..
Re: ASUU Suspends 8-Month-Old Strike Conditionally - ChannelsTV by SaintLucia: 4:09pm On Oct 14, 2022
tunwumi:

Fixed
yes o tunwumi is wanted in ARO apa osi along EWEJOKO street.
Re: ASUU Suspends 8-Month-Old Strike Conditionally - ChannelsTV by BethiMcCauley: 5:37pm On Oct 14, 2022
Re: ASUU Suspends 8-Month-Old Strike Conditionally - ChannelsTV by ejimatic: 6:55pm On Oct 14, 2022
yinkus6750:
What a shame .
Guess PMBs government held ASUU by the jugular, hence they had no other option than to retreat.
Enough of toying with the future of the youths.
Everytime, strike , strike , strike.
Are they the only union affected by situation of the country since years past ?
Better to jaw jaw than war war.
They should have waited for FG to proscribe the union and arrest the leaders for contempt of court.
The breakfast would have been sweet.
Hope they won't get paid for awoof 8 months of doing nothing ?
. So nothing came from the needless strike? All ASU wants is the increase in salaries with speedy execusion. They have forgotten that in negitiatiation you will give and take. The funniest is insisting that UTAS is better than IPPIS! They must have learned their lessons now!
Re: ASUU Suspends 8-Month-Old Strike Conditionally - ChannelsTV by Wwwq: 7:55pm On Oct 14, 2022
Hmmm
Re: ASUU Suspends 8-Month-Old Strike Conditionally - ChannelsTV by GeneralBuhari: 7:58pm On Oct 14, 2022
galantjoe:

This is worst case scenario for learned professors and Dr.

They failed this exam woefully.
They failed to leave when ovation was high.

Ngige, the killer of political godfatherism in Nigeria, served them very hot tea which I know will scratch they throat indelibly

I dey tell you.

Chris Ngige really dealt with them this time around.

The tea must have been hotter than the hotness of an overworked generator exhaust pipe!

That could be why you don't even see so many ASUU members "celebrating" the outcome of this strike because deep down within them, they all know that they only succeeded in wasting our students' 8 months for nothing as well as hurting themselves so badly too for nothing...

Some people are praising Gbajabiamila for his intervention but ask yourself this question, what exactly did Gbajabiamila bring to the table that FG didn't offer to ASUU during their negotiation?

To me, the only thing Gbajabiamila did was to give ASUU a face saving opportunity to end the useless strike.

ASUU knew that this strike could have ended ASUU as a union, if care was not taken.

That was why they quickly rushed to call off the useless strike even though it has not been long they declared indefinite strike. grin grin grin

Like I have always maintained, the only people I pity in all this sordid tale is the Nigerian Students.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Suspends 8-Month-Old Strike Conditionally - ChannelsTV by GeneralBuhari: 8:12pm On Oct 14, 2022
Wilson500:
Some of you just come on social media to vomit garbage
ASUU won't strike until late 2023 or early 2024 whether FG implement their agreement or not because they know it would be a suicide mission if they do before then
Ask lecturers what they passed through due to no work no pay policy unlike past strikes that they were still paid while doing nothing grin

I saw Osodeke in one of the videos praising his fellow ASUU members for looking so fresh and fit even though they were not paid for Eight months and I couldn't stop myself laughing from a true representation of "Suffering & Smiling" bunch of idiots.

Before ASUU will remember anything like strike again eh, e go tay o becos dia body hear am well well this time around . grin grin grin

Not only ASUU but even the other three stupid university unions wey dey call themselves NASU, SSANU and NAAT wey go foolishly follow ASUU enta the strike.

Each and every one of them chop betta breakfast from the Federal Government this time around.

I am sure e don dey clear for dia eyes now say General Buhari no be dia mate at all at all. grin grin grin
Re: ASUU Suspends 8-Month-Old Strike Conditionally - ChannelsTV by GeneralBuhari: 9:08pm On Oct 14, 2022
sloo1:
Suspension of strike - the losers and the winners:
1. ASUU: they will receive withheld salary, 50 billion has been mapped out for earn allowance, 170 billion for salary increment and 250 billion for revitalization. With all these, the strike was SUSPENDED conditionally. ASUU ARE AMONG THE WINNERS

2. Speaker house of rep.: Femi took it upon himself to mediate between ASUU and the president. His effort paid. ASUU, the students and his party APC see him as a hero. His effort will impact positively on his political career. FEMI IS AMONG THE WINNERS

3. FG: They won on issue of payment platform. The burden of financing higher institution has been partially transfered to schools and by extension to students and parents thereby partly relieving FG. For the rulling party, strike will no longer be a problem during campaigns. FG IS AMONG THE WINNERS

4. STUDENTS: They have lost 8 months which can not be recovered. FG insisted that from 2024 earn allowance will be generated by universities. That means there will be great increase in tuition fees. Students may have to pay between 150k to 1 Millon depending on the course of study and school. STUDENTS ARE AMONG THE LOSERS

4. CHRIS NGIGE: He fought ASUU and the minister of education. Insisted on increase in tuition fees. He did what he could to frustrated the effort of negotiation committee. He blackmailed the presidency and probably tried to use ASUU to frustrate his political party against next election. At the end his effort was in vain. His political party is calling for his sack. He is seen in bad light by ASUU, other ministers and his party. NGIGE IS AMONG THE LOSERS.

Guy, I don't know for you o but as for me, Governor Chris Ngige is a VERY BIGGER WINNER in this whole drama.

Future generation will remember him as the character who solidly stood his ground to cut down the excesses of this mad union called ASUU , which was really really getting out of hand.

Are you aware that the strike could have ended since if Ngige accepted the 180% salary increment ASUU proposed for its members as against the 10% salary increment they proposed for other unions in the university?

But Ngige using his wisdom plus the backing of the FG too, knew the type of imbalance and disunity and animosity such a move will bring to the university system across the nation and even in the Civil Service in general, and stopped that evil plan.

That is one of the major reasons why Osodeke and co. would rather want you to see Ngige as an enemy but the fact remains that Ngige put an end to their greedy tendencies, and reset their wasted brains sharperly by registering CONUA which will further limit the tendencies of ASUU for calling for strike every now and then.

ASUU thought they always knew how to play dirty by always calling the shots and never shifting grounds, but Ngige smartly took the case to the courts and the courts acted accordingly, thus rendering ASUU incapable of making any further moves.

It was a checkmate and ASUU was left completely exposed and confused.

To be frank with you, if you are going into any form of negotiation, you need men like Chris Ngige to be in your team.

Therefore, on this day, I celebrate Chris Ngige for helping get back our students back to school!

Hate it or love it, that is exactly what everyone involved in this whole issue wanted: to see our students back to school.

Everyone, except the greedy ASUU of course, who even declared an indefinite strike to that regard without thinking for a moment the impact of such debilitating move on our youths in school and their family as a whole.
Re: ASUU Suspends 8-Month-Old Strike Conditionally - ChannelsTV by Melagros(m): 11:26pm On Oct 14, 2022
yinkus6750:
What a shame .
Guess PMBs government held ASUU by the jugular, hence they had no other option than to retreat.
Enough of toying with the future of the youths.
Everytime, strike , strike , strike.
Are they the only union affected by situation of the country since years past ?
Better to jaw jaw than war war.
They should have waited for FG to proscribe the union and arrest the leaders for contempt of court.
The breakfast would have been sweet.
Hope they won't get paid for awoof 8 months of doing nothing ?
I dey tell you God bless you
Re: ASUU Suspends 8-Month-Old Strike Conditionally - ChannelsTV by Nobody: 9:45am On Oct 15, 2022
goodnessme1:
For your mind you made sense.

So you didn't read where an Israelite and Egyptian were fighting,then in the process of separating them Moses killed the Egyptian which made him run away

Off point! Go and read and understand your Bible. You're a Pharisee.
Re: ASUU Suspends 8-Month-Old Strike Conditionally - ChannelsTV by HRMK: 9:53am On Oct 15, 2022
Auskyd:

Try go change this your phone. You dey make noise and not making any sense. Lmao
usual comment from a typical Obidient!
Re: ASUU Suspends 8-Month-Old Strike Conditionally - ChannelsTV by ignis: 10:32am On Oct 15, 2022
emmyN:
They can't appeal the court ruling asking them to suspend unless they first suspend it. You can see the government have them boxed in a corner.

Pathetic, now the court will keep postponing hearing and court session until a new government comes to power.
Re: ASUU Suspends 8-Month-Old Strike Conditionally - ChannelsTV by Auskyd(m): 11:34am On Oct 15, 2022
HRMK:
usual comment from a typical Obidient!

Lmfao you mean person wey fit feed you? Better go buy better phone lmfao. Come buy, I can give you one you can pay for in installments for 2 years.
Buffoon grin
Re: ASUU Suspends 8-Month-Old Strike Conditionally - ChannelsTV by JBoss25(m): 12:31pm On Oct 15, 2022
CaptainFM1:
Amaka's pregnancy remains 1 month na. ASUU should chill till next month na.
you well so grin
Re: ASUU Suspends 8-Month-Old Strike Conditionally - ChannelsTV by freshleg(m): 1:45pm On Oct 15, 2022
ufotunang:
... ASUU has tried to see and meet the government, written letter to government, call government on phone but the federal government ignores them....so it's only through ASUU strike the federal government will want to come and listen to ASUU and attend to ASUU issues and meet with ASUU to settle the matter....in nigeria it's only through strike you can get government attention to attend to you and answer you...if you write letter to government or call them on phone concerning the your problems they will not answer you

The only language this useless government of APC understand is strike, more powers to the elbow of ASUU even though my Masters programme had been retarded.
Re: ASUU Suspends 8-Month-Old Strike Conditionally - ChannelsTV by HRMK: 2:20pm On Oct 15, 2022
Auskyd:

Lmfao you mean person wey fit feed you? Better go buy better phone lmfao. Come buy, I can give you one you can pay for in installments for 2 years.
Buffoon grin
i thought as much!one needs not fall so low to respond to your kind!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Chris Imafidon: Autism Didn't Stop Me From Making It In Life / Secondary Students Celebrate Graduation By Carrying Their Colleague Up / Meet Sackey Percy Ghanaian Dancing Teacher Who Dances With Students After Class

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.