Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,544 members, 7,827,034 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:08 AM

Married Men With Children, How Much Do You Spend On Running Your Home Weekly? - Family (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Married Men With Children, How Much Do You Spend On Running Your Home Weekly? (35501 Views)

Married Men With No/ Low Source Of Income, How Are You Coping? / Married Men With Experience, Please I Need Your Help. / 10 Things Only Men With Pregnant Wives Understand (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Married Men With Children, How Much Do You Spend On Running Your Home Weekly? by kay29000(m): 8:36pm On Oct 26, 2022
swagguElite:
20k? A week! I should better put my prickk in hold and increase my earnings. 80k cost per month just for family. I never include friends and beer gatherings at weekends.
grin cheesy
Re: Married Men With Children, How Much Do You Spend On Running Your Home Weekly? by Godfullsam(m): 8:37pm On Oct 26, 2022
vexing:

If you monetise the things mentioned above, I bet you will be spending about 30k weekly. You didn't add transportation for yourself

That is why most people spend a lot of money weekly. What we normally do is to buy those food stuffs when they are newly harvested (cheap) abd store them.

For instance, we bought 45 mudus of beans last yr at 400 naira per mudu. I don't even think we have consumed up to 20 mudus. As I speak, a mudu of beans is around 850 in my area. Same goes for corn, millet, egusi, etc.

This idea help me to save money and avoid unnecessary spending.

As for transportation, I don't count transportation as part of running cost for the home. Besides, I have a car and I do pick passengers on my way to work and on my way home. The fees I charge my passengers will covers for fueling and maintenance. If I don't feel like driving, I will go and follow our staff bus..
Everything for this bubu regime na sense o.

2 Likes

Re: Married Men With Children, How Much Do You Spend On Running Your Home Weekly? by wonderr(m): 8:39pm On Oct 26, 2022
Announced3:

I ate once a day..
#150 fufu
#100 meat..

Sometimes 300-350
#50 or #100 garri
#50 groundnut

Evening 100 meat
#150 fufu.. Apir markurdi grin
still endorsing my point
Re: Married Men With Children, How Much Do You Spend On Running Your Home Weekly? by willsonzzy: 8:48pm On Oct 26, 2022
Transportation to and fro to work a week=150cedis
Food =250cefis
Total 400cedis per week for just me
Re: Married Men With Children, How Much Do You Spend On Running Your Home Weekly? by davidque: 9:19pm On Oct 26, 2022
50-70k
Re: Married Men With Children, How Much Do You Spend On Running Your Home Weekly? by Parisian: 9:47pm On Oct 26, 2022
Rivers State is something else at the moment... Too expensive.
Michelle70:
20k for a whole family?

Cos as a single guy, i spend 70-80k monthly.

Please someone shu take me out of this Rivers state.
Re: Married Men With Children, How Much Do You Spend On Running Your Home Weekly? by Parisian: 9:53pm On Oct 26, 2022
I thought y'all didn't like feminists. What happened?

This same NL that when a woman mentions how she spends you people will drag her and say she's bragging that when a woman spends she tells the world.

Lmao.
Nicepoker:
E reach spending it is always the man being mentioned.

2 Likes

Re: Married Men With Children, How Much Do You Spend On Running Your Home Weekly? by emu22(m): 9:56pm On Oct 26, 2022
I have 3 kids,two of dem are already in school'i spend roughly 25k weekly including Saturday and Sunday church activities, e no funny at all.

1 Like

Re: Married Men With Children, How Much Do You Spend On Running Your Home Weekly? by Nobody: 10:19pm On Oct 26, 2022
Above 100K weekly here. Sometimes above 200k per week depending on guests.

1 Like

Re: Married Men With Children, How Much Do You Spend On Running Your Home Weekly? by AfahaAbia(m): 10:26pm On Oct 26, 2022
Viltron:

Depends on where you are. I live alone in Port Harcourt but spend like 50k in a month. It's really disturbing

I live in Portharcourt too. I spend about 150k monthly on food. No jokes

1 Like

Re: Married Men With Children, How Much Do You Spend On Running Your Home Weekly? by Akerry(m): 10:35pm On Oct 26, 2022
Demigod22:
I guess those of us that are yet to have kids should learn from this thread and plan our lives well.
Aswear!
Re: Married Men With Children, How Much Do You Spend On Running Your Home Weekly? by Akerry(m): 10:38pm On Oct 26, 2022
swagguElite:
20k? A week! I should better put my prickk in hold and increase my earnings. 80k cost per month just for family. I never include friends and beer gatherings at weekends.
na legit man you be.

1 Like

Re: Married Men With Children, How Much Do You Spend On Running Your Home Weekly? by KoolBigk(m): 11:03pm On Oct 26, 2022
1.2m minimum
Re: Married Men With Children, How Much Do You Spend On Running Your Home Weekly? by The5DME(m): 11:12pm On Oct 26, 2022
KINGinVAHALA:

2 bags of sachet water for 2,200?
That amount should be for 10 bags at 220 each and I see no way 10 bags won’t last your family for 3 weeks or little less.
How much is a carton or half carton of Bobo and biscuit that you are spending 5k a week for?
Its either your wife is using your head or I smell lies with this your list
I think he meant 20 bags of sachet water though.

1 Like

Re: Married Men With Children, How Much Do You Spend On Running Your Home Weekly? by AlphaTaikun: 11:33pm On Oct 26, 2022
Meektunz:
Please married men tell us the truth because it is now I know that marriage is no child's play.

Mine is 20k but sometimes when there is no money we dey manage anyhow anyhow ooo.
Re: Married Men With Children, How Much Do You Spend On Running Your Home Weekly? by Panda7(m): 11:39pm On Oct 26, 2022
after making soup, most expenditure is on semo, eba, rice and other food, toiletries and other provision.
Re: Married Men With Children, How Much Do You Spend On Running Your Home Weekly? by KINGinVAHALA: 11:50pm On Oct 26, 2022
The5DME:
I think he meant 20 bags of sachet water though.
There is nowhere in Nigeria, mostly in the south that 20 bags of pure water is sold for 2,200.
Even if it’s 20 bags, that means a family of 5 consuming 20 bags of pure water in a week, 7 days? That’s about 3 bags daily, which means each of them in the family consumes 12 sachet of pure water daily?
The guy list is simply full of lies

2 Likes

Re: Married Men With Children, How Much Do You Spend On Running Your Home Weekly? by KINGinVAHALA: 11:53pm On Oct 26, 2022
willsonzzy:
Transportation to and fro to work a week=150cedis
Food =250cefis
Total 400cedis per week for just me
It’s normal, it’s costlier to live in Ghana than in Nigeria. Speaking from experience
Re: Married Men With Children, How Much Do You Spend On Running Your Home Weekly? by The5DME(m): 11:55pm On Oct 26, 2022
KINGinVAHALA:

There is nowhere in Nigeria, mostly in the south that 20 bags of pure water is sold for 2,200.
Even if it’s 20 bags, that means a family of 5 consuming 20 bags of pure water in a week, 7 days? That’s about 3 bags daily, which means each of them in the family consumes 12 sachet of pure water daily?
The guy list is simply full of lies
A bag of satchet water is sold for 150 naira in my area. So 20 bags cost 3000. So, it's definitely plausible for that amount. Although it depends on ones area of residence.
Re: Married Men With Children, How Much Do You Spend On Running Your Home Weekly? by KINGinVAHALA: 12:05am On Oct 27, 2022
The5DME:

A bag of satchet water is sold for 150 naira in my area. So 20 bags cost 3000. So, it's definitely plausible for that amount. Although it depends on ones area of residence.
So the guy family of 5 consumes 20 bags of pure water weekly?

1 Like

Re: Married Men With Children, How Much Do You Spend On Running Your Home Weekly? by sharone21(f): 4:34am On Oct 27, 2022
cooooooks:
Complete hypocrites. Don't mind them.

50:50 by force good naw

Just make sure u have surrogate for your wife that u will pay so u don't wear her out with 1-3 kids...

Lazy man spotted.
Re: Married Men With Children, How Much Do You Spend On Running Your Home Weekly? by caniva(m): 6:25am On Oct 27, 2022
Na God oh…I have 3 boys and I don’t know how have been managing but they get everything they want even with bonuses.

God all the way.
Re: Married Men With Children, How Much Do You Spend On Running Your Home Weekly? by wasi9ice: 6:39am On Oct 27, 2022
I have to be honest, we're 3 for now, l spend between 10 - 12 thousand a week, on a normal ground.
Re: Married Men With Children, How Much Do You Spend On Running Your Home Weekly? by zedman1(m): 6:42am On Oct 27, 2022
Announced3:
I'm a serving Corp member.. still single but I spent #2,200 per week in Benue grin
Thank you! I don't know if there are so many liars here or it's because I'm in Benue. I'm married with a son and a car and I don't spend close to the amount these guys are stating here. Is it that they buy shoes and clothes every week? They don't have basic food stuff at home and eat out at expensive restaurants every week? Go to hospital every week etc, or how? Yes, there are times you spend even more than these amounts in just a single day, but saying you spend 30k EVERY WEEK, haba. I could understand if they include transport if they're staying in cities like Lagos, Abuja, etc but I once lived and worked in Abuja too when I was single and I didn't spend that much..... and I de drink sef. People are this rich yet cry everyday that there's hunger? It's either they don't know how to manage or they're just telling plain internet lies.
Re: Married Men With Children, How Much Do You Spend On Running Your Home Weekly? by Skyehigher1: 7:20am On Oct 27, 2022
I have a wife . 4 kids. 2 younger brother with foodstuffs at home I spend 20k per week even more than that
Re: Married Men With Children, How Much Do You Spend On Running Your Home Weekly? by afribabe: 8:47am On Oct 27, 2022
Babyboyforeal:
Nigerians too like suffer, why will you have 5 kids in this hard economy
The whole family. Meaning husband, wife, and 3 dependants I guess
Re: Married Men With Children, How Much Do You Spend On Running Your Home Weekly? by deesquarediddy(m): 9:19am On Oct 27, 2022
My weekly expenses. Family of 4
A....15k to my wife weekly. The breakdown below:
8k for soup
2k for egg
2,500 for extra
2,500 my wife's transportation

B...10k for fuel weekly
7k for car
3k for generator

C....10k minimum for Demand on Whatsapp list that I receive every night. This is for things in like
Diapers, bread, sachet water, kids biscuits and juice and fruits e.t.c

D... Monthly, I spend minimum of 50k to buy food stuff like rice, garri, semo, beans, yam, Noddles, spaghetti e.t.c. So, if dividend by 4, it's 12,500 weekly.

E...3500 for house maintenance
I.e 1500 for refuse disposal
2000 for prepaid meter

F....4500 for filling of gas

G...Rent is 20k monthly

My Total: 15k + 10k +10k +12500+3500+4500+20k= 75,500 weekly

Note: this is in a week where I didn't buy drugs. My wife takes care of other needs for the kids like cereal, custard, milk, soap to wash cloth and bath, cream, making of hair weekly from her salary

It ain't easy.

3 Likes

Re: Married Men With Children, How Much Do You Spend On Running Your Home Weekly? by Breastfeed: 9:51am On Oct 27, 2022
tolufase:

Are you related to Lie Muhammmed? I'm not curious but just asking.
co ask grin
Re: Married Men With Children, How Much Do You Spend On Running Your Home Weekly? by Breastfeed: 9:51am On Oct 27, 2022
Demigod22:
I guess those of us that are yet to have kids should learn from this thread and plan our lives well.
this na just wetin dey o.
Re: Married Men With Children, How Much Do You Spend On Running Your Home Weekly? by Sholaco: 10:05am On Oct 27, 2022
It has been God oo...I don't even know how God almighty is doing it.
Re: Married Men With Children, How Much Do You Spend On Running Your Home Weekly? by Birdman07090(m): 12:51pm On Oct 27, 2022
Cutehector:
the secret is to marry.

Re: Married Men With Children, How Much Do You Spend On Running Your Home Weekly? by AllDModsAreMaad: 10:37pm On Oct 27, 2022
Exmilitant:
when you dey on excess bread you go understand.

What makes you think I'm on it?

Forget that thing, the OP didn't include that area in his question, i.e he didn't include money we send to our loved ones etc.

He said money spent running your immediate family i.e those living with you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) / Types Of Husbands / Groom Abandons New Bride At Benin Registry, Takes To His Heels On Sighting Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.