Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,596 members, 7,812,955 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:34 PM

2023: How I Plan To Fight Corruption – Tinubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: How I Plan To Fight Corruption – Tinubu (19698 Views)

U.S. Journalist, J. Palmer Exposes Chicago State University Corruption & Tinubu' / How To Fight Corruption: Tinubu Vs Peter Obi (video) / Atiku Abubakar Plans To Fight Corruption - PDP Reveals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: How I Plan To Fight Corruption – Tinubu by Racoon(m): 6:46am On Oct 19, 2022
The presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Bola Tinubu, has promised to fight corruption by focusing more on preventive measures if elected as president in the 2023 election.

Part of his strategy, he said, woulld be putting a system for effective wealth redistribution in place, to greatly reduce the temptation to commit corruption.

Mr Tinubu, a former two-term former governor of Lagos Sate, made this in a statement on Monday, during a discussion with the Arewa Joint Committee in Kaduna. According to him, the socio-economic challenges the country faces are deeply rooted in corruption.

Nigeria is currently ranked 154th out of 180 nations assessed in the latest Transparency International’s 2021 Corruption Perception Index (CPI). In the report released in January, Nigeria scored 24 out of 100, a point lower than its performance in the previous 2020 CPI report.

“Distinguished audience, ladies and gentlemen, it is a consensus among our citizens that the socio-economic challenges we are faced with as a country are deeply rooted in the menace of corruption,” Mr Tinubu said.

“We should not, and we will not give up in the effort to rid our country of this menace. My administration will support the existing anti corruption institutions and address underlying issues that make corruption thrive.”

The presidential hopeful also vowed that his administration would support the existing anticorruption institutions, and also, address the underlying issues of corruption in the oil industry.

Mr Tinubu promised to strengthen existing transparency mechanisms in the areas of public procurement, fiscal responsibility and whistleblower policy as preventive strategies against corruption.

Additionally, he pledged to ensure that Nigerian workers had appropriate access to mortgages and other credit options. This, he said, would prevent them from paying from salaries in lump sums, which encourages corruption.

APC, Buhari, Tinubu and fight against corruption

Mr Tinubu’s party, the APC, with its then presidential candidate, Muhammadu Buhari, swept to power in 2015 on the promises to save the Nigeria’s ailing economy, secure Nigeria, and fight corruption.

Despite Mr Buhari’s claim that Nigeria is better off than he met it in 2015, this has proved to be incorrect especially in three focus areas of the administration. Apart ftom Nigeria’s unimpressive ranking on the Transparency International (TI), on Mr Buhari’s watch, a number of cases of corruption are believed to have been swept under the carpet.

Mr Buhari’s administration has also ignored
actionable intelligence offered to law enforcement agencies in the Panama Papers and Pandora Papers with releases on Nigerian past and serving officials who might have breached the country’s code of conduct law; no action has followed.

Mr Buhari also pardoned two former governors – Joshua Dariye from Plateau State and Jolly Nyame from Taraba State who were convicted and jailed for corruption, which many saw as a huge rollback of the gains of the the fight against corruption.

With the campaigns for the 2023 just beginning, Mr Tinubu has promised to build on the legacies of Mr Buhari. Many who criticised Mr Buhari for non-performance have also denounced Mr Tinubu for the comment.

Mr Tinubu himself is not a stranger to corruption allegations which he has denied. In 2011, the then President Goodluck Jonathan administration charged him with the violation of the code of conduct for public officer while he was the governor of Lagos State between 1999 and 2007. The Code of Conduct Tribunal, however, dismissed the charges on technical grounds.

In 2020, Dapo Apara, a Nigerian chartered accountant accused Mr Tinubu, a consulting firm, Alpha-Beta, and a former commissioner in the state, Akin Doherty, of money laundering, fraud, tax evasion, and sundry corrupt practices. The case was reportedly dropped by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/560290-2023-how-i-plan-to-fight-corruption-tinubu.html

102 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: How I Plan To Fight Corruption – Tinubu by Racoon(m): 6:46am On Oct 19, 2022
As for Tinubu, the allegations of corruption against him are no longer rousing news. A man who would not answer what bullion vans were doing in his house has nothing to tell us about anti-corruption
https://punchng.com/the-anti-corruption-fight-starring-tinubu-and-ganduje/

shocked Chai! They want to tell us another way story.Believe this criminal @ your own peril. The most abused words with this useless govt are "integrity, corruption" and "anti-corruption fight."

220 Likes 14 Shares

Re: 2023: How I Plan To Fight Corruption – Tinubu by WibusJaga: 6:47am On Oct 19, 2022

Tinubu won the Primaries through Bribery & Buying of Delegates. Is that not corruption? How can we now expect such a person to come fight corruption?

Infact if a simple secret balloting had been implemented, and bribery & buying of delegates eliminated, Tinubu would never have emerged.

What about the Bullion Van incident on the eve of an election? shocked
Tinubu & Corruption are 5&6. cheesy

186 Likes 17 Shares

Re: 2023: How I Plan To Fight Corruption – Tinubu by Racoon(m): 6:48am On Oct 19, 2022
Yeah! You want to fight corruption just as bullion vans were seen in your Burdillion home on the eve of a crucial presidential election?

Fight corruption as you hailed Gandollar-a fellow crook caught stuffing dollar wads into his caftan but shamelessly denied same? Case of bullion vans druggie criminal fraternizing with a babanriga bullion van dollar bribe stuffing crook.

So you see? You can't just fight yourself Mr Tinubu. Bullion vans corrupt baba wey no well can't fight corruption.

"...First, Tinubu and Ganduje fronting any anti-corruption event is problematic in many ways..."
(The Anti-Corruption Fight Starring Tinubu And Ganduje By Abimbola Adelakun).
https://punchng.com/the-anti-corruption-fight-starring-tinubu-and-ganduje/

181 Likes 9 Shares

Re: 2023: How I Plan To Fight Corruption – Tinubu by YourHerbalOrgan(f): 6:48am On Oct 19, 2022
nawa ooo baba with your old age and health challenges. leave politics for we youth abeg.lols

58 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 2023: How I Plan To Fight Corruption – Tinubu by Tinubuwins2023e: 6:49am On Oct 19, 2022
I believe you sir. You can do it and you will do it to the amazement of your haters who have started wailing already this early morning as if you are the cause of there miserable life.

God bless you Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2023: How I Plan To Fight Corruption – Tinubu by Moh247: 6:49am On Oct 19, 2022
cool

Tinubu introduced Treasury Single Account TSA in Lagos State and Nigeria came to learn and borrow his idea to block loopholes

As a Senior Auditing Partner in Price watercoooper and Delliote he handled Saudi Arabia's ARAMCO and also British National Oil before becoming a treasurer of ExxonMobil..

A man trusted by International Auditing firms, trusted by International Oil Companies , trusted by Lagosians.... Tinubu has my vote 100%

122 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 2023: How I Plan To Fight Corruption – Tinubu by Racoon(m): 6:49am On Oct 19, 2022
Moh247:
Tinubu introduced Treasury Single Account TSA in Lagos State and Nigeria came to learn and borrow his idea to plug loopholes....
Same Lagos state that does not subscribe to the FOI act for financial scrutiny and accountability till date?

"With the campaigns for the 2023 just beginning, Mr Tinubu has promised to build on the legacies of Mr Buhari. Many who criticised Mr Buhari for non-performance have also denounced Mr Tinubu for the comment...."

167 Likes 12 Shares

Re: 2023: How I Plan To Fight Corruption – Tinubu by StormpyBee: 6:49am On Oct 19, 2022
He is corruption himself/personified.

He cannot defeat himself.

68 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 2023: How I Plan To Fight Corruption – Tinubu by Moh247: 6:51am On Oct 19, 2022
Racoon:

Building on Buhari's positivity while correcting his mistakes is great

Unlike PDP that always abandon projects, Tinubu would focus on project continuity

93 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: How I Plan To Fight Corruption – Tinubu by kufre2010: 6:52am On Oct 19, 2022
Re: 2023: How I Plan To Fight Corruption – Tinubu by Shedrack777: 6:54am On Oct 19, 2022
how can you fight yourself? you are the corruption already na

51 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2023: How I Plan To Fight Corruption – Tinubu by WibusJaga: 6:59am On Oct 19, 2022

The only Candidate who stands a chance to fight corruption now is Peter Obi. kiss
With Thíefnubu or Athíefku, it would be Business As Usual.
PO is our only hope of changing the Status Quo. kiss
"I Will Stop Campaigning if Anyone Can Come Up With a Proof of my Misappropriation of Resources or Financial Misconduct During my 8-year Tenure as Governor" - Peter Obi

God bless Peter Obi (the Preferred Choice of Sensible/Knowledgeable Nigerians) & our incoming President of Nigeria. ✌️ kiss

63 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 2023: How I Plan To Fight Corruption – Tinubu by Zionmdde: 7:10am On Oct 19, 2022
Moh247:
cool

Tinubu introduced Treasury Single Account TSA in Lagos State and Nigeria came to learn and borrow his idea to block loopholes

As a Senior Auditing Partner in Price watercoooper and Delliote he handled Saudi Arabia's ARAMCO and also British National Oil before becoming a treasurer of ExxonMobil..

A man trusted by International Auditing firms, trusted by International Oil Companies , trusted by Lagosians.... Tinubu has my vote 100%

Your tinubu that bribed all the delegates in the primaries want to fight corruption. Dummies everywhere

46 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 2023: How I Plan To Fight Corruption – Tinubu by Agbegbaorogboye: 7:21am On Oct 19, 2022
Devil: How I hope to cast out demons

We should also interrogate this concept of availability of credit and mortgage will reduce corruption tendencies.
Maybe among the civil servants, Yes.
But are the civil servants the most responsible for corruption in Nigeria?
The political class are the biggest culprits. Will mortgage and credit prevent the political class from engaging in corrupt practices?
If not, what is Asiwaju's plan for fighting corruption among members of his constituency?

114 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023: How I Plan To Fight Corruption – Tinubu by Deejaygold(m): 7:22am On Oct 19, 2022
grin

1 Like

Re: 2023: How I Plan To Fight Corruption – Tinubu by fagekih: 7:22am On Oct 19, 2022
Lol

4 Likes

Re: 2023: How I Plan To Fight Corruption – Tinubu by BluntCrazeMan: 7:22am On Oct 19, 2022
Ok naa
Re: 2023: How I Plan To Fight Corruption – Tinubu by Benards(m): 7:22am On Oct 19, 2022
Baba rest joor..

14 Likes

Re: 2023: How I Plan To Fight Corruption – Tinubu by Coguyer: 7:22am On Oct 19, 2022
If you have applied for two or more jobs and yet haven't received any interview invitation, it's a clear indication that your CV is ineffective and requires professional assistance.

Please pay close attention to what you're about to read next if you're tired of being in this position and need your CV to be effective.

I must let you in on a secret. I know exactly where you can find help.

There is a company that will rewrite your CV and turn it into a powerful marketing tool that will land you multiple interview invitations. 99.9% guaranteed.

Their service is RELIABLE, FAST, and CHEAP.

Within a week of reading this, the first 20 persons who get in touch with them will receive a CV revamp for just 5,000NGN.

With your revamped CV, you would stand out, dazzle recruiters, improve your prospects, and secure an interview.

Keep in mind that the discount has a deadline. Therefore, take action today! Contact them right away!

6 Likes

Re: 2023: How I Plan To Fight Corruption – Tinubu by jeff1993: 7:22am On Oct 19, 2022
Cff

The topic should be HOW I PLAN TO FIGHT MYSELF!!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: How I Plan To Fight Corruption – Tinubu by B2B23: 7:23am On Oct 19, 2022
angry grin grin grin grin grin

Corruption want to fight corruption.

Agbado sense grin grin

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: How I Plan To Fight Corruption – Tinubu by Akfrenzy(m): 7:23am On Oct 19, 2022
grin Corrupt Drug lord is fighting corruption grin grin

Same semantics Buhari used in 2014

9 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Say Something Good About Another Tribe / North Will Reject Buhari, APC In 2019 —iwuanyanwu / Labour Party Reacts To Reports, Says Mimiko Is Welcomed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.