Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,212 members, 7,822,086 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:04 AM

Catastrophic Floods: I’m Surprised No Federal Presence Yet In Bayelsa — Obi - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Catastrophic Floods: I’m Surprised No Federal Presence Yet In Bayelsa — Obi (22590 Views)

I Think Benue State Is The State With The Least Federal Presence. My story / I’m Surprised Boko Haram Is Still Existing – Buhari / Supreme Court Judgment On Saraki : I’m Surprised, Says Sagay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Catastrophic Floods: I’m Surprised No Federal Presence Yet In Bayelsa — Obi by abbeyfel: 8:06am On Oct 23, 2022
Confirmedzombie:

And obi was governor then. Did he say this nor visit Bayelsa state.

Flood is a natural disaster. How can a sensible person use such for campaign.

Both obi and his supporters are childish.

Since we journeyed into democracy, Bayelsa remains the worst governed state in Nigeria.

A state with huge allocation, so much natural resources, a small state yet no single development.

Shame on Peter obi for this childish statement.

We are waiting for 2023 to teach this man and his brainwashed foolish IPOB supporters a lesson at the poll.

The igbos has sowed seed of discards in people's heart against Peter obi with there insults and senseless comments.

I am very sure that by December Peter obi will give up contesting the lesson.

Rather than this brain dead igbis to campaign and win people's heart for obi, they poison people's heart relying one million man walk for obi.

Crowd pulling has made them believe obi has a chance.

The igbis are too emotional and sentimental the reason they can never rule Nigeria

A shame
No matter how sensible you think this point is, you have so soiled it with too much racial bigotry! Reeks of too much hate and contempt! Take it easy please. We are all still same. Our differences notwithstanding...

2 Likes

Re: Catastrophic Floods: I’m Surprised No Federal Presence Yet In Bayelsa — Obi by Devil1Messenger: 8:09am On Oct 23, 2022
Confirmedzombie:

Since we journeyed into democracy, Bayelsa remains the worst governed state in Nigeria.

A state with huge allocation, so much natural resources, a small state yet no single development.

We are waiting for 2023 to teach this man and his brainwashed foolish IPOB supporters a lesson at the poll.

The igbos has sowed seed of discards in people's heart against Peter obi with there insults and senseless comments.

Rather than this brain dead igbis to campaign and win people's heart for obi, they poison people's heart relying one million man walk for obi.

The igbis are too emotional and sentimental the reason they can never rule Nigeria

A shame
Lolz
You are a big shame grin
You want to teach Obi and OBIdients lesson? grin
A bag of rice will hit 40k by December
A dollar will likely hit 1k before the year runs out
Inflation is all time high that citizens can't afford three square meals comfortably again.
Security is all time worst
Nigeria is the poverty headquarter of the world
Corruption is no longer stealing, is now normalised
Dubai just add to the list of countries banning Nigerians from visiting their country.
You are not buying anything cheaper than Obi supporters
In the face of all these, teaching Obi and his supporters lesson at the poll is what is on one urchin's mind.
God abeg oo

4 Likes

Re: Catastrophic Floods: I’m Surprised No Federal Presence Yet In Bayelsa — Obi by Akagas(m): 8:09am On Oct 23, 2022
Cryofigbos:

Don't mind the foolish hoebi....he can only fool his zombidients.....where was he 6 months ago when the likes of tinubu r donating money for victims of inferno, tribal violence and massacre
You re stupid . Just listen to yourself. Tinubu donate because he wanted to lure people to himself for election purposes. Why didn't he do such then era during Buhari early milestone.you see idiot now I know
Re: Catastrophic Floods: I’m Surprised No Federal Presence Yet In Bayelsa — Obi by babajero(m): 8:12am On Oct 23, 2022
Abdul05:
obi has started using this humanitarian catastrophe as campaign strategy... grin

Why is buhari not using this flood to redeem his image that has already been condemned?.

1 Like

Re: Catastrophic Floods: I’m Surprised No Federal Presence Yet In Bayelsa — Obi by Amaggedon: 8:12am On Oct 23, 2022
Corrinthians:
When people are talking, this dullard too will open his mouth. grin

He failed as a student and failed as an administrator in Anambra. We don't need any further evidence to prove what he could do at the federal level - a leopard can never change its spots. wink

Bayelsa that remains one of the worst governed states in the federation, closely followed by Abia and Taraba, is what the dullard is talking about. We don't blame him, we blame is identity. He comes from a place where it is forbidden for people to take responsibility for their own actions. So they must look for someone else to blame.
If they place Peter Obi side by side with everyone from your generation of fools combined, they will not match his success.

2 Likes

Re: Catastrophic Floods: I’m Surprised No Federal Presence Yet In Bayelsa — Obi by Hussein035: 8:13am On Oct 23, 2022
Tannhauser:
Prior to the APC primaries most Nigerians were in agreement that the current administration had failed. We all suffered the insecurity and inflation together.
What happened?

A certain candidate emerged and knowing he would be a hard sell to reasonable citizens immediately unleashed his propaganda machines. The same tactic that was used to destroy the ENDSARS protests, the greatest show of brotherhood of Nigerian youth from all tribes is being put to use today....Tribalism.

If Osibanjo had emerged the presidential candidate we all know that the other tribes would have voted for him...but now the shoe is on the other foot and this tribe is determined to plunge Nigeria into full blown anarchy because they want to support their tribesmen even when it is crystal clear even to the blind that said candidate is morally, mentally and physically unfit for that position.

For shame....For shame.
Stop typing rubbish. If Osinbanjo emerge you people will still come with Obi and we don't care.

That was the same way Sir Awolowo emerged and your people pretend as if they are supporting him only for your father Nnamdi to declare interest and ended up slicing Sir Awolowo votes in your region.

Tinubu studied the 1979 election very well before ignoring you people and also choosing Shetima if he choose one chinedu Obi will will still show interest under LP, so we don't care about your propaganda

I wish you goodluck

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Catastrophic Floods: I’m Surprised No Federal Presence Yet In Bayelsa — Obi by Devil1Messenger: 8:13am On Oct 23, 2022
Slurity:
You understand nothing about Nigeria economy and how our source of wealth come to play. No state or region independent has and right to claim oil money is there own, in Fact, in actual sense, the north and south west contributed more than the south south to do expensive research and buildings that led to what south south are claiming to be own now, yet Nigeria still give them 13% more than other states from the oil money, they are still not contends. Selfishness and greed is a killer.
Lolzz
Una go sha do anything to get the north votes.
The same North that will vote Atiku
I pity u people

1 Like

Re: Catastrophic Floods: I’m Surprised No Federal Presence Yet In Bayelsa — Obi by Akagas(m): 8:15am On Oct 23, 2022
Confirmedzombie:

You are idiot. He need your vote for obi.take it or you leave it either Obi become president or Biafra state referendum will be pass. Is our turn is our right else things will go wrong

A shame
Re: Catastrophic Floods: I’m Surprised No Federal Presence Yet In Bayelsa — Obi by pacesetting: 8:16am On Oct 23, 2022
That is why he was removed, remember? And that was 7 years ago.
muykem:
GEJ is immediate past president of Federal Republic of Nigeria. He ruled for 6years.
Re: Catastrophic Floods: I’m Surprised No Federal Presence Yet In Bayelsa — Obi by Akagas(m): 8:17am On Oct 23, 2022
RosyIsBlessed:
Staged drama all for presidential bid. He was not better than what he is condemning when he was a governor.
you are idiot
Re: Catastrophic Floods: I’m Surprised No Federal Presence Yet In Bayelsa — Obi by Jones4190(m): 8:18am On Oct 23, 2022
why not ask the governor what he did with the ecological fund he received from the federal government
Re: Catastrophic Floods: I’m Surprised No Federal Presence Yet In Bayelsa — Obi by FireUpNow(m): 8:21am On Oct 23, 2022
Obi is talking now because he wants the people's votes. If he were to be the president I am sure he won't care less more

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Catastrophic Floods: I’m Surprised No Federal Presence Yet In Bayelsa — Obi by pinkgoodies(m): 8:21am On Oct 23, 2022
asksteve:

Pls which criteria did u use to conclude that Bayelsa is the worst governed state in Nigeria.
Or u just drew the conclusion to score cheap publicity?

I was born n bred in Lagos, lived in Rivers, Delta, Kogi, .Bauchi, Anambra and currently Bayelsa and I have first hand info on governance in more than ten other States in Nigeria and can authoritatively say your assertion about governance in Bayelsa is not only wrong but baseless.

If u have grudges with Obi n his style of campaign face it n leave governance in Bayelsa which you know nithing about out of it.

Thank u.

Bayelsa have no reason to be a failed state, with oil revenue, 8LGA, mostly water. No good roads, yenegoa looking like orlu. With a former president. Nawa
Re: Catastrophic Floods: I’m Surprised No Federal Presence Yet In Bayelsa — Obi by Ezewuzie01: 8:24am On Oct 23, 2022
Laughable and unwitting take from an idiot like Peter Obi. The clown was honorary adviser to President Goodluck Jonathan, why didn't he advise his boss to establish federal presence in his own state?

1 Like

Re: Catastrophic Floods: I’m Surprised No Federal Presence Yet In Bayelsa — Obi by Cmanforall: 8:25am On Oct 23, 2022
GuyWise101:
Nna mehnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Peter Obi is a man who cares for the poor and downtrodden

But let us put some blame on GEJ that man no try much to lift his people and state.
He was impressing the North for a 2nd term bid
Re: Catastrophic Floods: I’m Surprised No Federal Presence Yet In Bayelsa — Obi by penearth(m): 8:25am On Oct 23, 2022
XerXers:
But they are building rail to Niger Republic with Bayelsa's money
.my brother good bless ur wise saying
Re: Catastrophic Floods: I’m Surprised No Federal Presence Yet In Bayelsa — Obi by luluosas(m): 8:25am On Oct 23, 2022
A new phase beckons Nigeria, let's keep our faith high as Obi comes to the rescue
Re: Catastrophic Floods: I’m Surprised No Federal Presence Yet In Bayelsa — Obi by Healthquest: 8:30am On Oct 23, 2022
Indirect shading Jonathan.

A bayelsan was President for good 6yrs and no single fedral presence.

If there s anything peter obi cannot lie about, that stuff has not been born into this world.

Kuku tell Jonathan dat u were working under that he didnt do anything.
So this simply attest to the failure of Jonathan that we ve been talking about

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Catastrophic Floods: I’m Surprised No Federal Presence Yet In Bayelsa — Obi by Okhuadams(m): 8:30am On Oct 23, 2022
Bobloco:

*Says State Needs Urgent Help

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/10/catastrophic-floods-im-surprised-no-federal-presence-yet-in-bayelsa-obi/
Oga face watin carry you go there na everywhere you go when you be gvnor face ur business there as soon.and for your info.
JAGABAN IS A GOAL

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Catastrophic Floods: I’m Surprised No Federal Presence Yet In Bayelsa — Obi by pasuma(m): 8:33am On Oct 23, 2022
How come he became a successful governor overnight when we have threads here on nairaland dated back to 10 years ago highlighting his failures as a governor and appointee in GEJ govt...

I want to believe all the support definitely are based on religion and ethnicity.. no two ways to it..

Look in the mirror guys you guys are religious and tribal bigots.

gbaskiboy:
What is your definition of failure? Why do you allow hatred and bigotry to prevent you from seeing good in others? Hatred is not good to your health, it can lead to unforseen disaster if not now but the future..

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Catastrophic Floods: I’m Surprised No Federal Presence Yet In Bayelsa — Obi by Gbeng30(m): 8:34am On Oct 23, 2022
You mean that liveless man in aso rock and his fellow thief, they can only be awake when there is money to steal... Bunch of criminal we called leaders

1 Like

Re: Catastrophic Floods: I’m Surprised No Federal Presence Yet In Bayelsa — Obi by Innocentman86: 8:35am On Oct 23, 2022
Tannhauser:
Prior to the APC primaries most Nigerians were in agreement that the current administration had failed. We all suffered the insecurity and inflation together.
What happened?

A certain candidate emerged and knowing he would be a hard sell to reasonable citizens immediately unleashed his propaganda machines. The same tactic that was used to destroy the ENDSARS protests, the greatest show of brotherhood of Nigerian youth from all tribes is being put to use today....Tribalism.

If Osibanjo had emerged the presidential candidate we all know that the other tribes would have voted for him...but now the shoe is on the other foot and this tribe is determined to plunge Nigeria into full blown anarchy because they want to support their tribesmen even when it is crystal clear even to the blind that said candidate is morally, mentally and physically unfit for that position.

For shame....For shame.
Believe me yoru badx are the most tribalistik nigerians even more tribalistik than the fulanix .
They hate nigeria and other nigerians.
If yoru badx simply insist that ss/se to have a working sea port and international airport so many things will be cheaper and more accessible to get.
If also they stand with other Southerners in truth and spirit we can help the middle belt.
But as it stands now the only people that truly fell for middle belt in their massacre is SS/se while the sw just want power to steal ss/se oil.
I will keep saying it,yoru badx are the problem of. Nigeria because for fulanix to dominate Nigeria they need partners and it is yoru badx that are there partners.even hausas are suffering just that religion blinds them.

1 Like

Re: Catastrophic Floods: I’m Surprised No Federal Presence Yet In Bayelsa — Obi by okoroemeka(m): 8:36am On Oct 23, 2022
Abdul05:
obi has started using this humanitarian catastrophe as campaign strategy... grin

why not?he is a smart man and have seen the ineptitude of the federal government with lacklustre approach by other aspirants,so why can't he use it to his advantage,this is campaign season.

2 Likes

Re: Catastrophic Floods: I’m Surprised No Federal Presence Yet In Bayelsa — Obi by openmine(m): 8:36am On Oct 23, 2022
Cryofigbos:

Federal government presence like what exactly if I may ask........u want them to go and be packing flood water or what grin grin the federal government will assess the impact of the flood and do d needful when d flood go.....the state should set up IDP and feed its ppl for nw, that should not be too much with all d allocation...FG can only help back with fixing of damage amenities

The last time such flood happens was in 2012 and Jonathan was the president then yet he did not built DAM, water should carry Jonathan himself grin
Nobody is talking about the FG packing flood water!
There must be a show of empathy from the FG considering the fact that over 600 Nigerians have so far lost their lives as a result of this flood while companies and investments worth billions of naira have been destroyed!

FG presence implies that there is provision of essentials for the flood victims mostly food and medical assistance!
This was done in 2012!

Building a dam is not only capital intensive but takes years of building....i do agree that the former administration headed by GEJ should have started a plan to start the process...however, if the former president, could not undertake such project,what stopped the current president from embarking on it?
Is government not a continuum?
Re: Catastrophic Floods: I’m Surprised No Federal Presence Yet In Bayelsa — Obi by Confirmedzombie: 8:38am On Oct 23, 2022
Devil1Messenger:

Lolz
You are a big shame grin
You want to teach Obi and OBIdients lesson? grin
A bag of rice will hit 40k by December
A dollar will likely hit 1k before the year runs out
Inflation is all time high that citizens can't afford three square meals comfortably again.
Security is all time worst
Nigeria is the poverty headquarter of the world
Corruption is no longer stealing, is now normalised
Dubai just add to the list of countries banning Nigerians from visiting their country.
You are not buying anything cheaper than Obi supporters
In the face of all these, teaching Obi and his supporters lesson at the poll is what is on one urchin's mind.
God abeg oo

Tell obi to sell a bag of rice at his NEXT CASH N CARRY for 5000 naira.
Re: Catastrophic Floods: I’m Surprised No Federal Presence Yet In Bayelsa — Obi by arantess: 8:38am On Oct 23, 2022
Abdul05:

Aboki without brain

Was it a strategy in 2012, or in Haiti when he was there to help them?

Son of a terrorist
Re: Catastrophic Floods: I’m Surprised No Federal Presence Yet In Bayelsa — Obi by Myer(m): 8:40am On Oct 23, 2022
Innocentman86:

Believe me yoru badx are the most tribalistik nigerians even more tribalistik than the fulanix .
They hate nigeria and other nigerians.
If yoru badx simply insist that ss/se to have a working sea port and international airport so many things will be cheaper and more accessible to get.
If also they stand with other Southerners in truth and spirit we can help the middle belt.
But as it stands now the only people that truly fell for middle belt in their massacre is SS/se while the sw just want power to steal ss/se oil.
I will keep saying it,yoru badx are the problem of. Nigeria because for fulanix to dominate Nigeria they need partners and it is yoru badx that are there partners.even hausas are suffering just that religion blinds them.

Perhaps you'll be humble and learn, let me school you.

When Nigeria joined the other West African nations to clamour for Independence, our colonists (Brtain) decuded to hand over power to the Northerners (Perhaps because they were more gullible/pliable unlike the Southerners).

As it were, Yoruba and Igbos under the aeges of Awolowo and Zik decided to partner to get power to the South. But Zik betrayed Awo because the Northerners (who were being guided in political maneuvering by the Brits) promised to give him power. That's why Nnamdi Azikwe is the First President of Nigeria, instead of Awolowo. (As explained by Ojukwu, pls fact check).

Having been betrayed by Igbos, Awolowo and the Yorubas found it difficult to trust igbos again.
Then came the coup d'etat. We all know how that went. Once again, the Igbos betrayed those they organised it together as they most assassinated the Northerners. Which led to the Civil war, a reprisal attack on the Igbos by the Northerners.
(Sentimenrs aside, no tribe won't seek revenge).

Now that you have the background, you can understand why an Igbo man is angry with Nigeria because of the consequence of the Biafran/Civil War.
You can also understand why Yorubas and Northerners find it difficult to trust the Igbos.

Now why Yorubas align with Northerners is simple. It's cos the Brits (our colonists handed over power to the Northerners.
So instead of war, we chose diplomacy.

Any one who understands the history of Nigeria before we became a Republic knows the West was the most progressive and developed among the 3 major geopolitical zones.
So if anyone does not need One Nigeria, it should be the West.
If anyone should hold grudges, it should be yorubas for how the Hausas/Fulani and Igbos betrayed Awolowo. (The best president Nigeria never had).

So instead of calling Yoruba bad, do your research and understand why Yoruba and Igbos are at loggerheads and decide for yourself who should be called Bad.
Re: Catastrophic Floods: I’m Surprised No Federal Presence Yet In Bayelsa — Obi by alimiadedayo1: 8:42am On Oct 23, 2022
Bobloco:

*Says State Needs Urgent Help

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/10/catastrophic-floods-im-surprised-no-federal-presence-yet-in-bayelsa-obi/
obi shut up you are a pretender all the money allocated to Bayelsa what does their governor used it to do as little as bayelsa with their allocation it suppose to be like paradise
Re: Catastrophic Floods: I’m Surprised No Federal Presence Yet In Bayelsa — Obi by Innocentman86: 8:47am On Oct 23, 2022
Myer:

Perhaps you'll be humble and learn, let me school you.

When Nigeria joined the other West African nations to clamour for Independence, our colonists (Brtain) decuded to hand over power to the Northerners (Perhaps because they were more gullible unlike the Southerners).

As it were, Yoruba and Igbos under the aeges of awolowo and Nnamdi
You don't get me.
Forget about that one for now.
Afonjas are partners with fulanix to dominate nigeria.while fulanix seek to conquer nigeria,afonjas is tasked to divide ss/se and to keep them down.
Afonjas are pretenderss, backstabbetrs and betrayalls.
And if atiku wins these election,it will be nearly impossible for a Southerner to rule again.brcause is officiall now sw is against ss/se both politically and spiritual.
Instead a yiru bad person will rule,let a dog rule Nigeria.
Re: Catastrophic Floods: I’m Surprised No Federal Presence Yet In Bayelsa — Obi by DataMiner(f): 8:47am On Oct 23, 2022
I pray when Obi becomes the president he would throw away the FOOD is READY economy that Nigeria currently practices and give the oil producing state complete resource control else we opt for disintegration.

Contact us for your thesis writing and analysis

Re: Catastrophic Floods: I’m Surprised No Federal Presence Yet In Bayelsa — Obi by Channel54: 8:47am On Oct 23, 2022
newnigerdelta1:

Just like your rottened Father you mean?
Re: Catastrophic Floods: I’m Surprised No Federal Presence Yet In Bayelsa — Obi by Bridget95(f): 8:49am On Oct 23, 2022
Abdul05:

why is NEMA and federal government not there to help the masses. People are trapped inside huge water and can't move.no rescue helicopter or boats from government , no food and no road.many have died and all you could say is obi is using it as campaign strategy. Didn't he give up government house to flood IDP when he was governor? Obi is philanthropic

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Tinubu’s Allies Allege Alienation, Emergence Of New Cabal In Aso Rock / Buhari Refused To Tell Us Those He Will Appoint As Ministers – Lai Mohammed / Gambo Jimeta Is Dead!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.