Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,263 members, 7,829,526 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:31 AM

What Will Happen If You Refuse To Marry Who God Told You To Marry. - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Will Happen If You Refuse To Marry Who God Told You To Marry. (3920 Views)

Marry Your Friend Vs Marry The Will Of God Vs Marry Who You Love / American Woman Marries Kenyan Primary Two Dropout, Claims God Told Her To / To love who you marry or to marry who you love. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Will Happen If You Refuse To Marry Who God Told You To Marry. by Paulianfa(m): 12:50pm On Nov 01, 2022
Righteousness2:

King David was a general. With all his experience, he sought GOD before he made any move.
Proverb 3:6 says in all your ways, acknowledge GOD and HE will direct your part.

Marriage is God's institution. GOD ALMIGHTY is the ALPHA and OMEGA.

If you feel you are wise enough to get a partner without GOD'S leading. Good for you.

Me, I am a very small boy who does not know the way. So I seek for GOD'D Choice for me

Thank you, I always count on you

1 Like

Re: What Will Happen If You Refuse To Marry Who God Told You To Marry. by Nobody: 2:37pm On Nov 01, 2022
@ Ayooade
Seek the face of God and don't be misled by the so called 'experience' ones and inexperience ones here because they will always proffer solutions despite the fact they have never been in this kind of shoes.
I salute your courage to say that you are emotional attached to the pastor. When we were in pre-marital lessons in the church, they always mention the word emotional attachment as very important in relationship which makes it easier to relate with each other.

Dreams works when it is divine and also work in other way round when it is manipulative.
When I was praying for profitable employment one day, I had a revelation where God showed my wife, when I woke, I rejected the dream because the girl in question is too low for my standard because as at that time, she just finished her secondary while I have been a graduate of 5 years and I have a girl that we are promising ourselves marriage immediately I have a better job but when the job was not forthcoming the girl started misbehaving and I advised if she wants to quit she is free to do so.
The dream about my wife persisted to the extent I now summoned courage to meet the church elders to talk to her based on the protocol laid down by the church, I later regretted that action because the girl said no. That action cost me 5 years to finally meet her and talk to her myself only to find out that her brother in-law was one that discouraged her so that she can still help them as house help for years before marriage though the man financed her education to halfway before we got married.
Mind you, we have had up and down moments, but we were never defeated because of our emotional attachment, and we are like a role model to other marriages in our environment
Re: What Will Happen If You Refuse To Marry Who God Told You To Marry. by Qatar2022: 3:25pm On Nov 01, 2022
Ayooade:
Goodevening all, i have been wanting to get peoples opinion about something that has been bothering me.
I am a lady in my early 30s, 32 to be precise. I have had like 3 relationships that failed. Among of them is a guy i dated for 6 years but later ended the relationship because i got a job and at the time but he didn't have a job, he ended the relationship due to some certain decisions he took.
I am a kind of person that believe strongly in God and things of the spiritual, i later met a pastor guy that was assisting me in prayers but to my surprise this guy started telling me that God has told him to marry me. I told him immediately that i am not interested, i had a dream once about him where they showed him to me that he is my husband, i woke up and prayed against it. It was this time that i told him to stop any prayers he has been doing for me if his intentions was to marry me.
I educated him of how marriages are crashing this days even the ones that loved themselves dearly, i also educated him about how wifes are killing husbands and husbands are killing wives but i think this guy has refused to listen.
I got a call from his so called " spiritual father " sometimes last month and the man was telling me all the implications of not marrying him that if i want my journey to be fast in life then its him that i should marry.
I immediately told the spiritual father that its not possible and I won't marry someone i am not emotionally attached to, I'd rather remain single all my life than go into a marriage that i know won't last 6 month all in the name of God told me to marry him.
I know there are people who are wiser than me concerning marriage issues, i know there are people who have been in the same issue as i am now, please how do you pple cope, is there a punishment when you don't marry who God wants you to marry?
How am i sure its not this guy that's messing in my head?
For the fact that i am in my marriageable age doesn't mean i should push mysef into what I don't want.
I am sorry for the long epistle �
Woman love is not enough in marriage, i advice you to give this guy a chance you may love him later
Re: What Will Happen If You Refuse To Marry Who God Told You To Marry. by Qatar2022: 3:27pm On Nov 01, 2022
uche40:
Don't allow irrational fears to consume you. This guy is trying to play infantile mind games -- using your deeply held religious beliefs to bamboozle and manipulate you into becoming his spouse. I wish for once that people would just use their heads and grow some self-esteem.

At any rate, I'm not surprised. It's just typical of religious fundamentalists to be running scared of imaginary dangers and calamities.
She herself have seen it in a dream
Re: What Will Happen If You Refuse To Marry Who God Told You To Marry. by Qatar2022: 3:32pm On Nov 01, 2022
Ayooade:

I know pple would say this, but to some extent, the guy is ok and i also have my job, its not abt having money or not. Atleast all my relationships, most of my ex had nothing when i was with them. It just didn't work
You won't get good advice here , all of them useless youths will condemn the pastor and his spiritual father, i will advice you to get advice another place
Re: What Will Happen If You Refuse To Marry Who God Told You To Marry. by Lostchild(m): 3:49pm On Nov 03, 2022
Ayooade:

I know pple would say this, but to some extent, the guy is ok and i also have my job, its not abt having money or not. Atleast all my relationships, most of my ex had nothing when i was with them. It just didn't work

I am walking with God. I know Him very well by knowing His ways. You see, God will never ever violate your will or heart of choice. He knows what you will like, and He knows what is good for you.

If God wants to give you something, He will give you a man you will instantly like, love and admire. It will have nothing to do with money. The emotional and physical connection will be there from both side, not one way around.

I WARN YOU; Don't betray your instinct. If you don't have any affection for this guy, you will never love him. Disconnect. I repeat; disconnect yourself now.

MY ADVICE; Many people, including many pastors are manipulators and liars. So run, run and run. If you marry him, you may likely regret and blame yourself.

Why?
Because you don't like him and you may never love him.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

She Never Ever Demand ! / "Ladies, How True Is This"? (pic). / What Is Must Have For Someone Who's Trying To Date You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.