Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,554 members, 7,812,777 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:08 PM

What Will Happen If You Refuse To Marry Who God Told You To Marry. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Will Happen If You Refuse To Marry Who God Told You To Marry. (3846 Views)

Marry Your Friend Vs Marry The Will Of God Vs Marry Who You Love / American Woman Marries Kenyan Primary Two Dropout, Claims God Told Her To / To love who you marry or to marry who you love. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Will Happen If You Refuse To Marry Who God Told You To Marry. by Ayooade: 1:57pm On Oct 23, 2022
Goodevening all, i have been wanting to get peoples opinion about something that has been bothering me.
I am a lady in my early 30s, 32 to be precise. I have had like 3 relationships that failed. Among of them is a guy i dated for 6 years but later ended the relationship because i got a job and at the time but he didn't have a job, he ended the relationship due to some certain decisions he took.
I am a kind of person that believe strongly in God and things of the spiritual, i later met a pastor guy that was assisting me in prayers but to my surprise this guy started telling me that God has told him to marry me. I told him immediately that i am not interested, i had a dream once about him where they showed him to me that he is my husband, i woke up and prayed against it. It was this time that i told him to stop any prayers he has been doing for me if his intentions was to marry me.
I educated him of how marriages are crashing this days even the ones that loved themselves dearly, i also educated him about how wifes are killing husbands and husbands are killing wives but i think this guy has refused to listen.
I got a call from his so called " spiritual father " sometimes last month and the man was telling me all the implications of not marrying him that if i want my journey to be fast in life then its him that i should marry.
I immediately told the spiritual father that its not possible and I won't marry someone i am not emotionally attached to, I'd rather remain single all my life than go into a marriage that i know won't last 6 month all in the name of God told me to marry him.
I know there are people who are wiser than me concerning marriage issues, i know there are people who have been in the same issue as i am now, please how do you pple cope, is there a punishment when you don't marry who God wants you to marry?
How am i sure its not this guy that's messing in my head?
For the fact that i am in my marriageable age doesn't mean i should push mysef into what I don't want.
I am sorry for the long epistle �

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Will Happen If You Refuse To Marry Who God Told You To Marry. by Yugoslavia247(m): 2:02pm On Oct 23, 2022
Why does it have to take a call from the so called fake prophet to convince you. Don't be scammed. It's like you are rich. Run ooo.

I have seen churches tell a lady their current bf is their husband. They don't call the man. The man will decide it and do it.

Which is calling and pestering you. The man will not tell you what the pastor said. It's a scam.

God said does not stop divorce too. We have seen cases where God said led to death.

This led the RCCG to stop pastors from telling a member that A person is God sent.

We are humans
If you don't like him.

Tell him to SHURRUP.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Will Happen If You Refuse To Marry Who God Told You To Marry. by Cutehector(m): 2:03pm On Oct 23, 2022
Well, i tell people, live with the outcome of every Decision you make. If you go and date another man and he breaks your heart, blame yourself for your decision.

Joseph was not even romantically attached to Mary but he adhered to the instruction of The Lord and became her spouse.

5 Likes

Re: What Will Happen If You Refuse To Marry Who God Told You To Marry. by Yugoslavia247(m): 2:04pm On Oct 23, 2022
Ayooade:
Goodevening all, i have been wanting to get peoples opinion about something that has been bothering me.
I am a lady in my early 30s, 32 to be precise. I have had like 3 relationships that failed. Among of them is a guy i dated for 6 years but later ended the relationship because i got a job and at the time but he didn't have a job, he ended the relationship due to some certain decisions he took.
I am a kind of person that believe strongly in God and things of the spiritual, i later met a pastor guy that was assisting me in prayers but to my surprise this guy started telling me that God has told him to marry me. I told him immediately that i am not interested, i had a dream once about him where they showed him to me that he is my husband, i woke up and prayed against it. It was this time that i told him to stop any prayers he has been doing for me if his intentions was to marry me.
I educated him of how marriages are crashing this days even the ones that loved themselves dearly, i also educated him about how wifes are killing husbands and husbands are killing wives but i think this guy has refused to listen.
I got a call from his so called " spiritual father " sometimes last month and the man was telling me all the implications of not marrying him that if i want my journey to be fast in life then its him that i should marry.
I immediately told the spiritual father that its not possible and I won't marry someone i am not emotionally attached to, I'd rather remain single all my life than go into a marriage that i know won't last 6 month all in the name of God told me to marry him.
I know there are people who are wiser than me concerning marriage issues, i know there are people who have been in the same issue as i am now, please how do you pple cope, is there a punishment when you don't marry who God wants you to marry?
For the fact that i am in my marriageable age doesn't mean i should push mysef into what I don't want.

When a woman reaches 30. She sees things from men.

He was actually assisting you in prayers now wants to assist you on the bed. It goes the legal route.

You must be loaded.

Can I see your pics. �

2 Likes

Re: What Will Happen If You Refuse To Marry Who God Told You To Marry. by premierlead: 2:04pm On Oct 23, 2022
I don't think anything will but the better you understand that you are dealing with con men then the better for you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Will Happen If You Refuse To Marry Who God Told You To Marry. by Righteousness2(m): 2:07pm On Oct 23, 2022
First of all, it is a great privilege to Hear from GOD for His Choice for you.

If you are sure the Lord asked you to marry him, then you should obey the Lord.
Don't be wise in your own eyes.
GOD ALMIGHTY is the Alpha and Omega. He sees the End from the beginning. You are limited.

But don't allow anyone to coerce you. Ask the Lord to give you a sign, and once it is confirmed, obey the Lord.
If you disobey the Lord, no matter how sweet what you go for looks, it will end in Premium Super tears

5 Likes

Re: What Will Happen If You Refuse To Marry Who God Told You To Marry. by donbachi(m): 2:14pm On Oct 23, 2022
Disfavour
Re: What Will Happen If You Refuse To Marry Who God Told You To Marry. by uche40(f): 2:26pm On Oct 23, 2022
Don't allow irrational fears to consume you. This guy is trying to play infantile mind games -- using your deeply held religious beliefs to bamboozle and manipulate you into becoming his spouse. I wish for once that people would just use their heads and grow some self-esteem.

At any rate, I'm not surprised. It's just typical of religious fundamentalists to be running scared of imaginary dangers and calamities.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Will Happen If You Refuse To Marry Who God Told You To Marry. by Abfinest007(m): 2:28pm On Oct 23, 2022
There's nothing like "God's perfect partner " God only chose a wife for Adam in the bible but at the end d man blame God for giving him wife

7 Likes

Re: What Will Happen If You Refuse To Marry Who God Told You To Marry. by Orobokibo1: 2:30pm On Oct 23, 2022
Pastors and the format "God showed me you are my wife"

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Will Happen If You Refuse To Marry Who God Told You To Marry. by ednut1(m): 2:31pm On Oct 23, 2022
Women who run from one pastor to the other are red flags and not wife materials. They get deceived and manipulated by these so called men of God. If you are wise u better block his number and stop seeing him. But hey na woman we know how it goes. The guy probably has no money too, if he had you would have married him

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Will Happen If You Refuse To Marry Who God Told You To Marry. by Ayooade: 2:40pm On Oct 23, 2022
ednut1:
Women who run from one pastor to the other are red flags and not wife materials. They get deceived and manipulated by these so called men of God. If you are wife u better block his number and stop seeing him. But hey na woman we know how it goes. The guy probably has no money too, if he had you would have married him

I know pple would say this, but to some extent, the guy is ok and i also have my job, its not abt having money or not. Atleast all my relationships, most of my ex had nothing when i was with them. It just didn't work

2 Likes

Re: What Will Happen If You Refuse To Marry Who God Told You To Marry. by Yusufisraelj(m): 2:41pm On Oct 23, 2022
@ayooade

God does not do by force, the fact that his spiritual father is even calling you, I sense a foul play.

Then secondly let's face you, what's your relationship with God like, do you have someone you submit to (like people with proven track record who hear God and have what they preach working in thier lives and have stability with thier walk with God), do you have such around you?

What has God prepared and put in you to fulfill or has shown you that you will be part of fulfilling or where are your desires, passion, interest and talents? And does this said man play into that.

If it's God, it's always a two way thing, where both parties are convinced. Do not be deceived.

5 Likes

Re: What Will Happen If You Refuse To Marry Who God Told You To Marry. by Ayooade: 2:45pm On Oct 23, 2022
ednut1:
Women who run from one pastor to the other are red flags and not wife materials. They get deceived and manipulated by these so called men of God. If you are wife u better block his number and stop seeing him. But hey na woman we know how it goes. The guy probably has no money too, if he had you would have married him

This is not about running from one pastor to another, everybody prays to get it right and I believe there are some things that you need to know spiritually in order to get this
Re: What Will Happen If You Refuse To Marry Who God Told You To Marry. by dnawah(m): 2:49pm On Oct 23, 2022
Ayooade:
my sister go to another man in God for prayers,u cannot escape this o!i was told a NO!that my wife life is short and that she'll shortened mine too.now she's in the mortuary no money to burry her. cry crylearn from me. LISTEN TO GOD.

1 Like

Re: What Will Happen If You Refuse To Marry Who God Told You To Marry. by Nobody: 2:58pm On Oct 23, 2022
Ayooade:

Nothing will happen to you my dear...go and enjoy life the way you want!
Re: What Will Happen If You Refuse To Marry Who God Told You To Marry. by ednut1(m): 3:10pm On Oct 23, 2022
Ayooade:

This is not about running from one pastor to another, everybody prays to get it right and I believe there are some things that you need to know spiritually in order to get this
He who finds a wife finds what is good and receives favor from the LORD. there is no where in the bible where you are to seek spiritual help for marriage. Pastors self dey divorce, did they not pray see pastors below that divorced. Stop this habit of going to meet these useless conmen

4 Likes

Re: What Will Happen If You Refuse To Marry Who God Told You To Marry. by Jman06(m): 3:30pm On Oct 23, 2022
Ayooade:

I know pple would say this, but to some extent, the guy is ok and i also have my job, its not abt having money or not. Atleast all my relationships, most of my ex had nothing when i was with them. It just didn't work
Tell yourself the truth, relationship with those exes of yours didn't work because you considered yourself richer than the guys and so became disrespectful. No man wants to be disrespected by a richer wife, so those guys bailed.

You're simply looking for a richer man whose money would be deemed "ours" while your own money remains "yours". I'm sure that when such man comes along, you'll muster all the "emotional connections" in this world to be with him. Keep waiting while you age and become less desirable.

4 Likes

Re: What Will Happen If You Refuse To Marry Who God Told You To Marry. by Tobechuckwu(m): 3:41pm On Oct 23, 2022
I think the best way for you is to stay out of any relationship for now.
If he's d right person, time will tell. Give it time nd don't allow anyone rushes u into any relationship.
If he's insisting that he's d one, then tell him u have to hear from God urself.
Any relationship u are not convinced about, kindly stay out of it.
Age of 30+ isn't late oh, don't rush into anything that u will rush out in no time.
Get busy with God, focus more on serving God nd God will definitely speak to u nd lead u right.

5 Likes

Re: What Will Happen If You Refuse To Marry Who God Told You To Marry. by Dreadlock69(m): 3:42pm On Oct 23, 2022
Me and jah no discuss that one

1 Like

Re: What Will Happen If You Refuse To Marry Who God Told You To Marry. by okoroemeka(m): 3:49pm On Oct 23, 2022
Ayooade:
the guy is not messing up your head,80-70% of dreams are mostly from what we are thinking about,so it is your thinking about marriage with the guy is causing those dreams,if you feel uncomfortable with the guy walk away,but if you are desperate to marry then manage him,you may later love him,after all many marriages are not based on love these days,maybe the guy don't have money or the potential to make wealth because if he is loaded it always speak louder than words

1 Like

Re: What Will Happen If You Refuse To Marry Who God Told You To Marry. by Ayooade: 4:12pm On Oct 23, 2022
Jman06:
Tell yourself the truth, relationship with those exes of yours didn't work because you considered yourself richer than the guys and so became disrespectful. No man wants to be disrespected by a richer wife, so those guys bailed.

You're simply looking for a richer man whose money would be deemed "ours" while your own money remains "yours". I'm sure that when such man comes along, you'll muster all the "emotional connections" in this world to be with him. Keep waiting while you age and become less desirable.

Y must u pple always involve these kind of things in relationships or marriage issue?
U think at 32 i am not wise to know what i want?
He has his own money, i have mine. Money is not the reason why i made this post.
This is even someone already processing his japa papers, if i am to consider that one at all, will i not jump on the offer?
The way some people think sef amazes me. Money money money everytime

1 Like

Re: What Will Happen If You Refuse To Marry Who God Told You To Marry. by Ayooade: 4:14pm On Oct 23, 2022
ednut1:
He who finds a wife finds what is good and receives favor from the LORD. there is no where in the bible where you are to seek spiritual help for marriage. Pastors self dey divorce, did they not pray see pastors below that divorced. Stop this habit of going to meet these useless conmen

Thank you, i think i know better
Re: What Will Happen If You Refuse To Marry Who God Told You To Marry. by Fahvvy: 4:16pm On Oct 23, 2022
Just ask God for a sign and act accordingly undecided...
Re: What Will Happen If You Refuse To Marry Who God Told You To Marry. by newcommer: 6:51pm On Oct 23, 2022
ednut1:

For once ednut1. I'm going to agree with you here
Re: What Will Happen If You Refuse To Marry Who God Told You To Marry. by Ruke1989: 8:51pm On Oct 23, 2022
Ayooade:

Y must u pple always involve these kind of things in relationships or marriage issue?
He has his own money, i have mine. Money is not the reason why i made this post.
This is even someone already processing his japa papers, if i am to consider that one at all, will i not jump on the offer?
The way some people think sef amazes me. Money money money everytime

I am a pastor too. Married at 33 after much pressure. Pressure is not good for you at this stage, cut off from him. The fact that you saw him in dream doesn't mean God is speaking. Dream come from our thoughts during the day, comes from diabolic manipulation which is possible here, comes from God, comes as a result of malaria sickness, etc. Rebekah in the bible had emotional connection and joy the moment she saw Isaac. Adam was wowed the day he saw eve. He exclaimed, This should be called "Wo! Man" because she is flesh of my flesh. If the pastor is from God, you definitely would love him thesame way Adam and Rebecca loved the spouses God gave them. So not loving him is a sign God is not involved. So there are no consequences
Back to the question, never you go too close to unmarried men at this stage of your life seeking advice or prayer. A lady did this same thing to me which that pastor is trying to do to you. I later found out her father brother don fuc--ke-d her tire. But I thought she is holy prayerful sister and she said God lead her to me. It's a scam sister.

1 Like

Re: What Will Happen If You Refuse To Marry Who God Told You To Marry. by Nazgul: 9:00pm On Oct 23, 2022
Your ability to choose who's best for you lies with you and not with anyone. This means that if someone is trying to manipulate you into believing that God would give you some kind of punishment if you don't marry him, it would be in your best interest for you to disassociate yourself from such person.

Marriage is a flesh union...some pastors would tell you that marriage is 90% and 10% spiritual. It's the only thing in the Bible where people engage in without consulting God. Apart from Abraham's servant who was looking for a wife for Isaac how many people from Genesis to revelation have you read went into prayers and fasting just because they wanted a spouse?

Religion has blinded us here in Africa that's why we end up making wrong choices over and over again.

If you're not sexually attracted to a guy, and he's forcing himself on you under the guise of "Thus saith the Lord" just let him because if you succumb to his pressure you might live to regret it.

3 Likes

Re: What Will Happen If You Refuse To Marry Who God Told You To Marry. by Reggaemich(m): 9:30pm On Oct 23, 2022
Ayooade:

let me motivate u

I have a married woman as a friend

She married at 34years, she has grown up children

Boy(15)
Girl(13)
Girl(11)
Boy(cool

Presently her husband is in abroad senting her money(dollars)

She just recently built an upstairs here in Nigeria

Her story
So many men came when she was younger, she refused them because she was not emotionally connected, coupled with their way oh life,

Note
Most of these men coming to marry her were wealthy

Reason she married her husband

He was calm and an easy going person, she was emotionally connected to him, she loved him At first sight, though he was poor then.

She helped established him and made him become wealthy (groomed HIM)

She is presently enjoying her peace of mind, happy home(even though the husband is in abroad),

Simply because she was patient, At last, she got the best.

So marry who u are emotionally connected with, to avoid had I known and when u find the right man or person, u will feel it within u (peace and joy within), no doubt, will be in your Heart,

A broken Relationship, is better than a broken Marraige, Don't Rush

3 Likes

Re: What Will Happen If You Refuse To Marry Who God Told You To Marry. by Ayooade: 10:02pm On Oct 23, 2022
Ruke1989:

I am a pastor too. Married at 33 after much pressure. Pressure is not good for you at this stage, cut off from him. The fact that you saw him in dream doesn't mean God is speaking. Dream come from our thoughts during the day, comes from diabolic manipulation which is possible here, comes from God, comes as a result of malaria sickness, etc. Rebekah in the bible had emotional connection and joy the moment she saw Isaac. Adam was wowed the day he saw eve. He exclaimed, This should be called "Wo! Man" because she is flesh of my flesh. If the pastor is from God, you definitely would love him thesame way Adam and Rebecca loved the spouses God gave them. So not loving him is a sign God is not involved. So there are no consequences
Back to the question, never you go too close to unmarried men at this stage of your life seeking advice or prayer. A lady did this same thing to me which that pastor is trying to do to you. I later found out her father brother don fuc--ke-d her tire. But I thought she is holy prayerful sister and she said God lead her to me. It's a scam sister. Talk to me on the phone 0+902+88+19-30+29

Thank u alot, my heart ease a little
Re: What Will Happen If You Refuse To Marry Who God Told You To Marry. by Ayooade: 10:16pm On Oct 23, 2022
Reggaemich:
let me motivate u

I have a married woman as a friend

She married at 34years, she has grown up children

Boy(15)
Girl(13)
Girl(11)
Boy(cool

Presently her husband is in abroad senting her money(dollars)

She just recently built an upstairs here in Nigeria

Her story
So many men came when she was younger, she refused them because she was not emotionally connected, coupled with their way oh life,

Note
Most of these men coming to marry her were wealthy

Reason she married her husband

He was calm and an easy going person, she was emotionally connected to him, she loved him At first sight, though he was poor then.

She helped established him and made him become wealthy (groomed HIM)

She is presently enjoying her peace of mind, happy home(even though the husband is in abroad),

Simply because she was patient, At last, she got the best.

So marry who u are emotionally connected with, to avoid had I known and when u find the right man or person, u will feel it within u (peace and joy within), no doubt, will be in your Heart,

A broken Relationship, is better than a broken Marraige, Don't Rush

This is all i needed to hear, i don't understand why people will tell you to marry someone you are not emotionally connected to, and they will term it ignorant, how on earth do u expect me to live with someone i don't like? I believe it won't work. Thank u for this piece, I appreciate

2 Likes

Re: What Will Happen If You Refuse To Marry Who God Told You To Marry. by frankson1(m): 1:30am On Oct 24, 2022
God doesn't choose or select a partner for anyone.

Besides, you would have had peace if what the con pastor said was true.

You should be wise enough to not let anyone deceive you into marrying the wrong person.
Re: What Will Happen If You Refuse To Marry Who God Told You To Marry. by Nobody: 8:32am On Oct 24, 2022
This na the oldest format... The probability of u being scammed by this so called pastor is way too high. So u had a dream and u conclude God is talking to u? Go on ur knees, pray and fast intentionally over this day and night and u will get a much clearer message. No let MOG's use ur head take run match making to one bro in the lord. Talk to God ur self u don't need anyone to talk on ur behalf, after all its a serious lifetime decision ur about making.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Whats Wrong In Dating A Lady Who's Older Than You? / What Does It Mean When A Man Stares At You With Legs Crossed While Standing? / If Your Younger Brother Impregnated Your Wife?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.