Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,318 members, 7,829,770 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:32 AM

What Will Happen If You Refuse To Marry Who God Told You To Marry. - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Will Happen If You Refuse To Marry Who God Told You To Marry. (3922 Views)

Marry Your Friend Vs Marry The Will Of God Vs Marry Who You Love / American Woman Marries Kenyan Primary Two Dropout, Claims God Told Her To / To love who you marry or to marry who you love. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Will Happen If You Refuse To Marry Who God Told You To Marry. by Slynation(m): 9:42am On Oct 24, 2022
You just confirmed that they showed you to him as your husband but you said you rather remain single...well seems you have already made your choice, but at 32, I hope you realize your offers are limited instead of nagging like a 21year old lady.

Good luck tho...
Re: What Will Happen If You Refuse To Marry Who God Told You To Marry. by Ayooade: 12:22pm On Oct 24, 2022
Slynation:
You just confirmed that they showed you to him as your husband but you said you rather remain single...well seems you have already made your choice, but at 32, I hope you realize your offers are limited instead of nagging like a 21year old lady.

Good luck tho...

Can i ask u a question?
Ok, what if i force mysef to marry him and at the end of the day i make life miserable for him? Wil the sin still be on my head?
Or probably i force mysef to marry him and the marriage does not last 2 weeks?
Would u marry someone u don't like as a wife ?
U marry someone cos God told u to marry him and then she doesn't give u the chance to touch her or perform ur marital duties?
I have seen so many cases of " God said you should marry him" and the marriage didn't last a year, so what are we going to say abt that?
Re: What Will Happen If You Refuse To Marry Who God Told You To Marry. by Slynation(m): 2:03pm On Oct 24, 2022
Ayooade:

Can i ask u a question?
Ok, what if i force mysef to marry him and at the end of the day i make life miserable for him? Wil the sin still be on my head?
Or probably i force mysef to marry him and the marriage does not last 2 weeks?
Would u marry someone u don't like as a wife ?
U marry someone cos God told u to marry him and then she doesn't give u the chance to touch her or perform ur marital duties?
I have seen so many cases of "God said you should marry him" and the marriage didn't last a year, so what are we going to say abt that?
My point is that you shouldn't have buttress on the fact that you had a dream after praying where God told you he's your husband, that alone should be your pivot if truly you are a Christian like you earlier claimed, unless you are serving a god, now people are advising you based on the fact you are probably hallucinating, or perhaps in a trance mode before you probably slept off and you supported it wholeheartedly because it suits your narrative and that was what you wanted to hear...But deep down you knew yourself and can never shy away from realities

Have you bothered to ask yourself if you were truly thinking about it before you slept off? or the vision you saw was probably naysayers advising you against your wish in your dreams... ?

With the rethorical questions you asked me at the bolded, it was bold of you to even be the one that wants to frustrate the young man in that marriage by deliberately doing all your aforementioned if he should push ahead and you reluctantly accepts his proposal due to the fact it seems like you wanna do him a favour by getting married to him...

For the record, I'm not indirectly saying you should accept him, nor cajoling you to see reasons with God, But don't you think the God that you serve will never lead you astray even if he directs you to marry an armed robber?? From what you have said so far, you are simply giving a dog a bad name just to crucify it, because at the end, you are planning on being the bad wife he prayed never to meet...

I wish you good luck tho...!!

1 Like

Re: What Will Happen If You Refuse To Marry Who God Told You To Marry. by GLouis: 3:01pm On Oct 24, 2022
Good write up . You are sincere.

First thing you did that was wise was to stop praying with him. Start praying on your own.

Second. You need your friends or another pastor you can pray with for clarity or pray on your own.

Thirdly in the mouth of two or three a thing is established. Ask God to confirm the man for you through your close friends or another pastor.

Now these are the things I will personally tell you. Even in the will of God things must be work it is not automatic. You must know your partner and he must make the effort. Don't fake what is not there.

Again, when you confirm it is really God's will. Pray that God will help you but do not forsake God's will it has regrettable consequences.

Now if it is God's will you will have peace.

Know something ,for issues like Life Partner .Smart Pastors run away from selecting who you are to marry cause the decision is entirely yours. No one wants to be blamed for anything when things go wrong.

You should have a Spiritual Father that prays for you. Consult him.

Ask The Holy Ghost as well. This one is more important

1 Like

Re: What Will Happen If You Refuse To Marry Who God Told You To Marry. by detectivejones: 6:23pm On Oct 24, 2022
Even the bible said 'he who finds a wife,' and not 'he who God finds a wife for.' Run from these conmen and their prophesies of someone being the will of God. I know of a lady who was told by 5 different pastors/prophets that her ex was her husband, las las they didnt end up together. The point donot allow anybody force into marrying someone you're not compatible with all in the name of will of God.
Re: What Will Happen If You Refuse To Marry Who God Told You To Marry. by Nobody: 6:51pm On Oct 24, 2022
Ayooade:
Goodevening all, i have been wanting to get peoples opinion about something that has been bothering me.
I am a lady in my early 30s, 32 to be precise. I have had like 3 relationships that failed. Among of them is a guy i dated for 6 years but later ended the relationship because i got a job and at the time but he didn't have a job, he ended the relationship due to some certain decisions he took.
I am a kind of person that believe strongly in God and things of the spiritual, i later met a pastor guy that was assisting me in prayers but to my surprise this guy started telling me that God has told him to marry me. I told him immediately that i am not interested, i had a dream once about him where they showed him to me that he is my husband, i woke up and prayed against it. It was this time that i told him to stop any prayers he has been doing for me if his intentions was to marry me.
I educated him of how marriages are crashing this days even the ones that loved themselves dearly, i also educated him about how wifes are killing husbands and husbands are killing wives but i think this guy has refused to listen.
I got a call from his so called " spiritual father " sometimes last month and the man was telling me all the implications of not marrying him that if i want my journey to be fast in life then its him that i should marry.
I immediately told the spiritual father that its not possible and I won't marry someone i am not emotionally attached to, I'd rather remain single all my life than go into a marriage that i know won't last 6 month all in the name of God told me to marry him.
I know there are people who are wiser than me concerning marriage issues, i know there are people who have been in the same issue as i am now, please how do you pple cope, is there a punishment when you don't marry who God wants you to marry?
How am i sure its not this guy that's messing in my head?
For the fact that i am in my marriageable age doesn't mean i should push mysef into what I don't want.
I am sorry for the long epistle �
Marriage is an endless journey. No matter how far you have gone, it still seems you have not started. If you really want me to talk to you on this, then you will need to answer a few questions. With those answers, I should be able to counsel you.

If you are ready, you can mention me,,ok?
Re: What Will Happen If You Refuse To Marry Who God Told You To Marry. by Ayooade: 10:14pm On Oct 24, 2022
imadiyi:

Marriage is an endless journey. No matter how far you have gone, it still seems you have not started. If you really want me to talk to you on this, then you will need to answer a few questions. With those answers, I should be able to counsel you.

Pls ask
Re: What Will Happen If You Refuse To Marry Who God Told You To Marry. by emmanuelbrown26: 11:18pm On Oct 24, 2022
Ayooade:
Goodevening all, i have been wanting to get peoples opinion about something that has been bothering me.
I am a lady in my early 30s, 32 to be precise. I have had like 3 relationships that failed. Among of them is a guy i dated for 6 years but later ended the relationship because i got a job and at the time but he didn't have a job, he ended the relationship due to some certain decisions he took.
I am a kind of person that believe strongly in God and things of the spiritual, i later met a pastor guy that was assisting me in prayers but to my surprise this guy started telling me that God has told him to marry me. I told him immediately that i am not interested, i had a dream once about him where they showed him to me that he is my husband, i woke up and prayed against it. It was this time that i told him to stop any prayers he has been doing for me if his intentions was to marry me.
I educated him of how marriages are crashing this days even the ones that loved themselves dearly, i also educated him about how wifes are killing husbands and husbands are killing wives but i think this guy has refused to listen.
I got a call from his so called " spiritual father " sometimes last month and the man was telling me all the implications of not marrying him that if i want my journey to be fast in life then its him that i should marry.
I immediately told the spiritual father that its not possible and I won't marry someone i am not emotionally attached to, I'd rather remain single all my life than go into a marriage that i know won't last 6 month all in the name of God told me to marry him.
I know there are people who are wiser than me concerning marriage issues, i know there are people who have been in the same issue as i am now, please how do you pple cope, is there a punishment when you don't marry who God wants you to marry?
For the fact that i am in my marriageable age doesn't mean i should push mysef into what I don't want.
OP SOUNDED LIKE @blessedmercy8
Re: What Will Happen If You Refuse To Marry Who God Told You To Marry. by Enny2013(f): 12:14am On Oct 25, 2022
imadiyi:

Yinmu... Marriage counselor!!!
Re: What Will Happen If You Refuse To Marry Who God Told You To Marry. by kaywhy09(m): 3:53am On Oct 25, 2022
Don't because of spirituality lose a good man.

Don't because of spirituality accept cramp into your life.

Take your time to understand the personality.

You also might need to calm down and allow a son of man to love you.

Don't expect too much. Don't over spiritualize relationship.

I wish you best.

1 Like

Re: What Will Happen If You Refuse To Marry Who God Told You To Marry. by Autobot05: 6:42am On Oct 25, 2022
I'm a Christian that believes in God and I dont believe in this crap. If you find a suitable partner and you both click then you carry on ...

Learn to communicate with God directly and stop depending on another human like you to help you communicate with God ...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Will Happen If You Refuse To Marry Who God Told You To Marry. by Housing(m): 8:04am On Oct 25, 2022
God created you Himself, so communicate with Him directly. For me you don't need to involve anyone in this. Stay away from the guy on a good note. Pray to God to direct you. Let your prayer point be about divine partner and not on is it brother A or B.

You need to clear your head for now.
The relationship that led to my marriage which is over 18years was not up to a year before we got married.
So you can something work out within months.

But your criteria for an ideal husband should be well spelt out, reasonable, and realistic. Marriage is not a walk in park, it requires love, sacrifice, selflessness, self respect, passion, honouring and respecting your partner, endless Love and willingness to hold on.

2 Likes

Re: What Will Happen If You Refuse To Marry Who God Told You To Marry. by Ehmmah588(m): 9:18pm On Oct 25, 2022
OP,do you know your problem??... You made a post on your issue, then sooo many people you're older and more experienced than,are advising you and these "psychopaths" are massaging your ego by telling you what you wanna hear that's why you deliberately ignored the "truthful" comments....Well,from your write up,and your replies to people,it just shows that you're just a church-goer and you're not spiritually sound because, I can't comprehend how God's plan for you(according to your dream),is not your spec! What the hell is even "emotional attachment"?? History has proved that all the people we know (pastors,church leaders and worldly people inclusive) who married people they were emotionally attached to are divorced today!,while those of us that married according to God's plan for us are still happily married! ...Well,I'll advice you like my kid sister to try finding out more things about that guy from people around(be discrete pls)..Then finally,this is the time to be spiritual(I mean this)..The only person God can show your husband is you!!!!.....

Shalom
Re: What Will Happen If You Refuse To Marry Who God Told You To Marry. by Farfalla(f): 5:18pm On Oct 30, 2022
Cutehector:
Well, i tell people, live with the outcome of every Decision you make. If you go and date another man and he breaks your heart, blame yourself for your decision.

Joseph was not even romantically attached to Mary but he adhered to the instruction of The Lord and became her spouse.

The archetypal emotional kidnap.

She should marry the pastor out of fear of having her heart broken by other men? And what makes you think the pastor will not be the one to break her heart?

That pastor is just a predator taking advantage of a lonely, vulnerable woman. He's in fact colluded with his "spiritual father" to brainwash the OP into believing that there will be spiritual consequences should she reject his proposal.

Nothing will happen to her, same way nothing has happened to all the men who rejected girls they never connected with.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Will Happen If You Refuse To Marry Who God Told You To Marry. by Cutehector(m): 5:26pm On Oct 30, 2022
Farfalla:

The archetypal emotional kidnap.

She should marry the pastor out of fear of having her heart broken by other men? And what makes you think the pastor would not be the one to break her heart?

That pastor is just a predator taking advantage of a lonely, vulnerable woman. He's in fact colluded with his "spiritual father" to brainwash the OP into believing that there will be spiritual consequences should she reject his proposal.

Nothing will happen to her, same way nothing has happened to all the men who rejected girls they never connected with.
ok you have made your point. My comment still stands
Re: What Will Happen If You Refuse To Marry Who God Told You To Marry. by Farfalla(f): 6:07pm On Oct 30, 2022
Ayooade:

Let no one make you feel guilty about not marrying someone you have zero connection with. The pastor and his "spiritual father" are just messing with your head.

Cut that man off completely. And any time he appears in your dreams as your husband like he did before, cancel it. In fact, rebuke that dream! grin Remind God that His word says He'll fulfill the desires of your heart according to His riches in glory and the man is not your desire in any way.

Don't be threatened by that spiritual father talking about implications of not marrying his spiritual son. Nothing will happen to you. God will not punish you for not marrying someone you have no connection with. Ask yourself this -- Those men you dated that perhaps went on to marry other women, did God punish them for not picking you? Why then should you be singled out for punishment?

You don't desire the pastor and that's that. You cannot fake neither can you manufacture connection/desire.

Punishment indeed. What nonsense! angry

1 Like

Re: What Will Happen If You Refuse To Marry Who God Told You To Marry. by BRATISLAVA: 10:03pm On Oct 30, 2022
Ayooade:

There's nothing called a "marriageable age". You get married when you can/will and to whom you please.

You're being blackmailed into marriage. Seems you're one of those people who are constantly in churches listening to the words dripping from the fangs of the venomous snakes known as pastors.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Will Happen If You Refuse To Marry Who God Told You To Marry. by Farfalla(f): 10:59pm On Oct 30, 2022
Slynation:

Good luck tho...

She doesn't need "offers". What she needs is a compatible partner.

2 Likes

Re: What Will Happen If You Refuse To Marry Who God Told You To Marry. by Farfalla(f): 11:06pm On Oct 30, 2022
ednut1:
Women who run from one pastor to the other are red flags and not wife materials. They get deceived and manipulated by these so called men of God. If you are wise u better block his number and stop seeing him. But hey na woman we know how it goes. The guy probably has no money too, if he had you would have married him

So? Others can have a spec, but she shouldn't?

2 Likes

Re: What Will Happen If You Refuse To Marry Who God Told You To Marry. by Farfalla(f): 11:17pm On Oct 30, 2022
Ayooade:

I know pple would say this, but to some extent, the guy is ok and i also have my job, its not abt having money or not. Atleast all my relationships, most of my ex had nothing when i was with them. It just didn't work.

I'll advise you to re-evaluate your criteria of selecting a partner.

2 Likes

Re: What Will Happen If You Refuse To Marry Who God Told You To Marry. by ednut1(m): 11:53pm On Oct 30, 2022
Farfalla:

So? Others can have a spec, but she shouldn't?
lol sure she can have a spec. But reality too is there. 80% of women are chasing after 20% of men that have money
Re: What Will Happen If You Refuse To Marry Who God Told You To Marry. by chinyerejohn: 12:06am On Oct 31, 2022
for me, I don't think there's a punishment for those who do not marry who God wants them to marry. and i would advice anyone to marry who they don't love cause it won't last
Re: What Will Happen If You Refuse To Marry Who God Told You To Marry. by Karlifate: 2:20pm On Oct 31, 2022
Jman06:
Tell yourself the truth, relationship with those exes of yours didn't work because you considered yourself richer than the guys and so became disrespectful. No man wants to be disrespected by a richer wife, so those guys bailed.

You're simply looking for a richer man whose money would be deemed "ours" while your own money remains "yours". I'm sure that when such man comes along, you'll muster all the "emotional connections" in this world to be with him. Keep waiting while you age and become less desirable.

Ouch!

Truth hurts.

1 Like

Re: What Will Happen If You Refuse To Marry Who God Told You To Marry. by Farfalla(f): 7:31pm On Oct 31, 2022
ednut1:
lol sure she can have a spec. But reality too is there. 80% of women are chasing after 20% of men that have money

Come on Ed. She's already stated that the dudes she dated weren't rich.
Re: What Will Happen If You Refuse To Marry Who God Told You To Marry. by ednut1(m): 7:51pm On Oct 31, 2022
angry
Farfalla:

Come on Ed. She's already stated that the dudes she dated weren't rich.
Re: What Will Happen If You Refuse To Marry Who God Told You To Marry. by Farfalla(f): 8:40pm On Oct 31, 2022
ednut1:
He who finds a wife finds what is good and receives favor from the LORD. there is no where in the bible where you are to seek spiritual help for marriage.

I go to church, but what I find dishonest about these Christian extremists is the whole story of "God has shown me you're my wife", "God said that Chinedu or Yomi or Baraka or Zuma is your husband", etc. I don't know which part of the Bible supports this nonsense to be honest.

In OP's case, she was even threatened that she could face the wrath of God should she turn down a marriage proposal. Are they serious? angry

1 Like

Re: What Will Happen If You Refuse To Marry Who God Told You To Marry. by Paulianfa(m): 8:46pm On Oct 31, 2022
I can't read ur post but from ur heading hmmmmmm,
God ks about us, He cannot chose a wife or husband for us. He guide us if only u acknowledge Him...
Re: What Will Happen If You Refuse To Marry Who God Told You To Marry. by Paulianfa(m): 9:03pm On Oct 31, 2022
Righteousness2:
First of all, it is a great privilege to Hear from GOD for His Choice for you.

If you are sure the Lord asked you to marry him, then you should obey the Lord.
Don't be wise in your own eyes.
GOD ALMIGHTY is the Alpha and Omega. He sees the End from the beginning. You are limited.

But don't allow anyone to coerce you. Ask the Lord to give you a sign, and once it is confirmed, obey the Lord.
If you disobey the Lord, no matter how sweet what you go for looks, it will end in Premium Super tears

Pls permit me to address u as a Pastor, cos I always follow u...
There is two instance in the bible that God chooses a wife for someone...
(1) Mary and Joseph--- Jesus Christ
(2) Hosea whose God commanded that he should take himself a wh0re as a wife.
Pls do God chooses a wife or husband for someone?
Re: What Will Happen If You Refuse To Marry Who God Told You To Marry. by rickleye: 9:09pm On Oct 31, 2022
Ayooade:

The last time God did match making was with Adam and do you know what Adam Said " The Woman YOU gave me offered me the apple which I ate and made me sin"
There are many people who are staying with abusive spouses all in the name of " God told me"
Test all things against the spirit of God.
Does he love God.
Does he love you.
Do you love him.
Re: What Will Happen If You Refuse To Marry Who God Told You To Marry. by JONSYN7154: 9:20pm On Oct 31, 2022
Ayooade:

The Bible say "A man plan his way and the Lord direct his footpaths"

Plan you life and the Lord will direct your path.

Don't let any PASTOR cajoled you into any "the Lord say this and that".

Your ordained HUSBAND IS COMING.
Re: What Will Happen If You Refuse To Marry Who God Told You To Marry. by LikeAking: 9:22pm On Oct 31, 2022
Ayooade:

Babe wise up
Re: What Will Happen If You Refuse To Marry Who God Told You To Marry. by Righteousness2(m): 12:00am On Nov 01, 2022
Paulianfa:

Pls permit me to address u as a Pastor, cos I always follow u...
There is two instance in the bible that God chooses a wife for someone...
(1) Mary and Joseph--- Jesus Christ
(2) Hosea whose God commanded that he should take himself a wh0re as a wife.
Pls do God chooses a wife or husband for someone?
King David was a general. With all his experience, he sought GOD before he made any move.
Proverb 3:6 says in all your ways, acknowledge GOD and HE will direct your part.

Marriage is God's institution. GOD ALMIGHTY is the ALPHA and OMEGA.

If you feel you are wise enough to get a partner without GOD'S leading. Good for you.

Me, I am a very small boy who does not know the way. So I seek for GOD'D Choice for me

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Is The Standard Of A Christian courtship / Does Doing This Classify Me As A Pervert? / Sunday Konji!!nicki Minaj Parades Her Eye-popping Boobs On Instagram (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.