Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,266 members, 7,815,438 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:26 PM

My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. (40873 Views)

This Is What We Have Left In The Dating World,genz Baddies / Would you date an atheist? / My Experience As A Bar Man In A Lagos Brothel . ( Life lesson) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. by NeckingNgulping(m): 1:53am On Oct 24, 2022
I'm an atheist, and I found that I'm incapable of dating women who are particularly religious. I could go out on a date with a religious woman, and that's usually solely by merit of me pretending the whole time as though I'm truly in for it.

Since long term relationship with these women would have necessitated that i make pretence a hobby, logic sets in and we inevitably part ways.

In a highly religious country like ours, it's quite hard to find a woman who's an atheist as me, let alone a decent one.

104 Likes 16 Shares

Re: My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. by Peterrio: 2:06am On Oct 24, 2022
NeckingNgulping:
I'm an atheist, and I found that I'm incapable of dating women who are particularly religious. I could go out on a date with a religious woman, and that's usually solely by merit of me pretending the whole time as though I'm truly in for it.

Since long term relationship with these women would have necessitated that i make pretence a hobby, logic sets in and we inevitably part ways.

In a highly religious country like ours, it's quite hard to find a woman who's an atheist as me, let alone a decent one.

Yes oh, it's like finding a needle in the middle of the ocean, at the very bottom

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. by Peterrio: 2:11am On Oct 24, 2022
Some might not be very religious, but their thought patterns are still warped in religion.

The very religious ones can even be a challenge to Christian guys

One thing that amazes me from time to time is that they can partake freely in fornication and adultery, while holding the religion very tight

371 Likes 23 Shares

Re: My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. by NeckingNgulping(m): 2:34am On Oct 24, 2022
Peterrio:
Some might not be very religious, but they're thought patterns are still warped in religion.

One thing that amazes me from time to time is that they can partake freely in fornication and adultery, while holding the religion very tight

Yeah, bro, all you have said are religious dogmatists' problems that i just can't wrap my head around. They're probably even more repulsive than atheists, at least to most of us.

A close-mindedness that amounts to an imprisonment so total that the prisoner doesn’t even know they're locked up.

About your last paragraph, i find it so hilarious. It's a truth they can't deny.

47 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. by Ballzproblemm: 2:47am On Oct 24, 2022
NeckingNgulping:

you are just blowing grammar,make money travel out, you see many non religious people,that's your only solution ,but if na here ,then you are in for a long thing

141 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. by Peterrio: 3:05am On Oct 24, 2022
Ballzproblemm:
you are just blowing grammar,make money travel out, you see many non religious people,that's your only solution ,but if na here ,then you are in for a long thing

True

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. by Peterrio: 3:06am On Oct 24, 2022
NeckingNgulping:

Yeah, bro, all you have said are religious dogmatists' problems that i just can't wrap my head around. They're probably even more repulsive than atheists, at least to most of us.

A close-mindedness that amounts to an imprisonment so total that the prisoner doesn’t even know they're locked up.

About your last paragraph, i find it so hilarious. It's a truth they can't deny.

In what ways are atheists repulsive?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. by NeckingNgulping(m): 3:35am On Oct 24, 2022
Peterrio:

In what ways are atheists repulsive?

I meant theists.. Check..

8 Likes

Re: My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. by NeckingNgulping(m): 3:47am On Oct 24, 2022
Ballzproblemm:

Yeah, a long thing here. My ex called me the devil. This was someone i had a high chemistry with, but we weren't compatible- incompatibility borne out of religion.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. by Peterrio: 3:58am On Oct 24, 2022
NeckingNgulping:

I meant theists.. Check..

You're confusing me oh
Re: My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. by Peterrio: 3:59am On Oct 24, 2022
NeckingNgulping:

Yeah, a long thing here. My ex called me the devil. This was someone i had a high chemistry with, but we weren't compatible- incompatibility borne out of religion.

Did u tell her from the onset that you don't believe in gods?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. by blingxx(m): 5:10am On Oct 24, 2022
Peterrio:
Some might not be very religious, but their thought patterns are still warped in religion.

This is very true sha , I know a pastor's son that smokes and both his ears are pierced and niqqa always drop Bible quotes for us on social media but a totally different person in reality
The truth is most of these things were stated as sin the Bible na black man dey overdo everything even the west are amazed how religious a man can be

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. by oliy24(m): 5:21am On Oct 24, 2022
Just forget it. No woman for you in Nigeria. I'm an atheist sound like I'm a follower of devil to Nigerians.

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. by phemmyfour: 5:37am On Oct 24, 2022
NeckingNgulping:

They are here on NL...go for them. Leave the religious girls alone

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. by Nobody: 5:50am On Oct 24, 2022
Are you going to blame God for that too?
"if there was a God, He should have found me an atheist girlfriend to date cry"
Cooooooks please wipe the tears from his eyes.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. by NeckingNgulping(m): 6:23am On Oct 24, 2022
Lollittaa:

Try to be just a little less arrogant and have just a little critical awareness of yourself,
because a huge percentage of the stuff you tend to be automatically certain of, can turn out to be totally wrong and deluded..

You think I can be as deluded as you are?

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. by Chaos14: 6:28am On Oct 24, 2022
NeckingNgulping:

This reminds me of how when i was in secondary school and i told my classmates that i'm a atheist. I lost a lot of friends that term

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. by Honchoslim16(m): 6:33am On Oct 24, 2022
Different kind, I'm one of them guys, she gon' forever love me
Re: My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. by NeckingNgulping(m): 6:43am On Oct 24, 2022
Chaos14:
This reminds me of how when i was in secondary school and i told my classmates that i'm a atheist. I lost a lot of friends that term

You are the real one.. You only lost a bunch of indoctrinated classmates, people who are hardwired to not see reasons and facts.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. by dhardline(m): 6:52am On Oct 24, 2022
Will I say Nigerian atheist or atheist in general are a funny lot. How do you desire to have a 'decent' atheist as a girl friend?
Like who are you to require a standard for her when nothing rules her?
Or do you not know God gave man commandments on how to live life and be 'decent' and once God is removed man is free to make up his own rules as he lives and nothing becomes out of place for him. So just go ahead a marry any atheist you come across, she can decide to have 10 husband's and it's not out of place, she can decide to sleep with animals and it's still not out of place for her. She is ruled by nothing just as you claim you are too and hence free to do as she wills.

120 Likes 11 Shares

Re: My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. by ambitiouschap17: 6:57am On Oct 24, 2022
You people don't ceased to amaze me sha grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. by terrezo2002(m): 7:49am On Oct 24, 2022
Why looking for religious people to date. Just look for your fellow atheists to date so you can be decieving yourselves together.

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. by blingxx(m): 8:00am On Oct 24, 2022
Lollittaa:

You just made absolutely no sense undecided

21 Likes

Re: My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. by Fiscus105(m): 8:03am On Oct 24, 2022
Peterrio:

Is ur aethism free way to immorality. Or u re being aethist so that u can indulge in fornication.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. by Baronthecelebri: 8:24am On Oct 24, 2022
You don't believe in God,yet you're looking for a God fearing woman. Wahala exactly

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. by Sneakytoucher: 8:28am On Oct 24, 2022
dhardline:
Will I say Nigerian atheist or atheist in general are a funny lot. How do you desire to have a 'decent' atheist as a girl friend?
Or do you not know God gave man commandments on how to live life and be 'decent' and once God is removed man is free to make up his own rules as he lives and nothing becomes out of place for him. So just go ahead a marry any atheist you come across, she can decide to have 10 husband's and it's not out of place, she can decide to sleep with animals and it's still not out of place for her. She is ruled by nothing just as you claim you are too and hence free to do as she wills.
There is something called morals which has got nothing to do with religion. Remember that.

75 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. by BobbieZion(m): 8:28am On Oct 24, 2022
It shocks me when someone say they don't believe in God............
Believing in God or going to Church does not make you sinless, but it shows that you are a more sensible human who believes in the supernatural and moves with the cause of nature.

And down here we are wired to be religious people whether you like it or not, it is better you tell me you are an Animist. But, an Atheist? That sounds like the person is not in their right senses. Then,there is no difference btw the person and an animal.

11 Likes

Re: My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. by Dliquidmetal(m): 8:44am On Oct 24, 2022
Its hard
but always be upfront about your your religious/irreligious stance,some are just indifferent about it.
You gonna lose alot of friends and babes sha but its cool,quality over quantity.
Most theist always get scared of atheists lol,we don't fear the nonsense they've been brought up to fear and that scares them.

7 Likes

Re: My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. by Dliquidmetal(m): 8:48am On Oct 24, 2022
BobbieZion:
It shocks me when someone say they don't believe in God............
Believing in God or going to Church does not make you sinless, but it shows that you are a more sensible human who believes in the supernatural and moves with the cause of nature.

And down here we are wired to be......l.
lol you see some human beings as animals b3cause they don't believe in your invisible man? Wonderful

18 Likes

Re: My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. by BobbieZion(m): 8:53am On Oct 24, 2022
Dliquidmetal:
lol you see some human beings as animals b3cause they don't believe in your invisible man? Wonderful

God is not a Man.......take it or leave it.

If i don't believe in anything then i am worse than an animal.
That means all i will do is eat, shit and sleep?

14 Likes

Re: My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. by Dliquidmetal(m): 9:10am On Oct 24, 2022
BobbieZion:

God is not a Man.......take it or leave it.

If i don't believe in anything then i am worse than an animal.
That means all i will do is eat, shit and sleep?
ofcourse your god ain't man,just a figment of your imagination (because you can't proof its existence) and indoctrinations.
And if you wanna make your purpose in life eating,shitting and sleeping then I have no problems with that but don't think every human being should have purposes that aligns with your pre conceived ideology of what "a lifes purpose" should be whereby anything outside of this your scope is seen by you as lesser or animalistic.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. by suicidesheep: 9:17am On Oct 24, 2022
dhardline:

This is a really funny comment, the theist women that are guided by their religion, are they the ones committing marital crimes. If it’s because of religion you don’t sleep with animals , then you really need to be checked.

Your view on atheism is laughable. It proves you’re just a bigot

Ps, I’m. It atheist

43 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply)

Hookup Wants To Do Christmas For My House. / Nairalanders With The Most Handsome Faces / A Nairalander Prepares For Wedding With These Prewedding Pixs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.