Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,333 members, 7,819,147 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:58 AM

My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. (40949 Views)

This Is What We Have Left In The Dating World,genz Baddies / Would you date an atheist? / My Experience As A Bar Man In A Lagos Brothel . ( Life lesson) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. by mariahAngel(f): 4:44pm On Oct 24, 2022
Chaos14:
This reminds me of how when i was in secondary school and i told my classmates that i'm a atheist. I lost a lot of friends that term

Imagine not having God and friends.
What a lonely world! grin

3 Likes

Re: My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. by BigCowHornn: 4:45pm On Oct 24, 2022
NeckingNgulping:
I'm an atheist, and I found that I'm incapable of dating women who are particularly religious. I could go out on a date with a religious woman, and that's usually solely by merit of me pretending the whole time as though I'm truly in for it.

Since long term relationship with these women would have necessitated that i make pretence a hobby, logic sets in and we inevitably part ways.

In a highly religious country like ours, it's quite hard to find a woman who's an atheist as me, let alone a decent one.

Bullshit!

Even if you are a useless Ogun worshiper there are many women you can choose from.
In a society where immorality is the order of the day you telling me you can't find a girl?

Bros, go look well.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. by tsdarkside(m): 4:45pm On Oct 24, 2022
piphunter:
Religion was indoctrinated into people as kids. You had little or no choice. Some eventually seek knowledge and eventually ask critical questions when they grow older. There are thousands of Religions on earth and people from other religions are all going to hell according to other religions so relax. Religion was brought to Africa as a tool to control. In another timeline we Africans will probably be worshiping our African gods/deities if Christianity/Islam was not brought to us. If you were born in Asia for example you'll probably worship a different god. Religion was born out of mans inability to explain everything around them. Thanks to science and technology man is now wiser and can explain with certainty many phenomena that earlier humans attributed to something supernatural or unexplainable. Back in our not so distant past, men worshiped the moon as a god. The same moon the modern man has step foot on many decades ago. That being said iam not an aethist neither am i religious. Broaden your mind, seek knowledge and ask questions.

look....i was taught to dont do this,dont do that growin up....
has nothing to do with religion....
Re: My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. by kingxsamz(m): 4:45pm On Oct 24, 2022
Tbh, many religious women act like they care these days, but they just want somebody who's responsible enough.
The atheism thing won't be an issue if it's not a constant or daily topic between you two.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. by Octopusssy(f): 4:46pm On Oct 24, 2022
terrezo2002:
Why looking for religious people to date. Just look for your fellow atheists to date so you can be decieving yourselves together.
Nigerians and bad mouth

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 4:46pm On Oct 24, 2022
Remove the atheist tag, average Nigerian girl don't know how to maintain communication, they're boring to the core.

1 Like

Re: My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. by mariahAngel(f): 4:47pm On Oct 24, 2022
blingxx:

You just made absolutely no sense undecided

Urrrrhm...she did. cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. by SeriouslySense(m): 4:47pm On Oct 24, 2022
smiley smiley Thats true.
kingxsamz:
Tbh, many religious women act like they care these days, but they just want somebody who's responsible enough.
The atheism thing won't be an issue if it's not a constant or daily topic between you two.

1 Like

Re: My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. by tsdarkside(m): 4:48pm On Oct 24, 2022
BigCowHornn:

Bullshit!

Even if you are a useless Ogun worshiper there are many women you can choose from.
In a society where immorality is the order of the day you telling me you can't find a girl?

Bros, go look well.

ridiculous....today....?? with immorality everywhere....
the guy is jokin....

a atheist woman would not like him either....

1 Like

Re: My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. by kingxsamz(m): 4:48pm On Oct 24, 2022
dhardline:
Will I say Nigerian atheist or atheist in general are a funny lot. How do you desire to have a 'decent' atheist as a girl friend?
Like who are you to require a standard for her when nothing rules her?
Or do you not know God gave man commandments on how to live life and be 'decent' and once God is removed man is free to make up his own rules as he lives and nothing becomes out of place for him. So just go ahead a marry any atheist you come across, she can decide to have 10 husband's and it's not out of place, she can decide to sleep with animals and it's still not out of place for her. She is ruled by nothing just as you claim you are too and hence free to do as she wills.

You're not bright.
Many religious women do everything you mentioned up there. Clown.

7 Likes

Re: My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. by 7arrows: 4:48pm On Oct 24, 2022
Ballzproblemm:
you are just blowing grammar,make money travel out, you see many non religious people,that's your only solution ,but if na here ,then you are in for a long thing

Even in NIGERIA they will come flowing like rivers of many waters. Key word "MAKE MONEY".

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. by tollyboy5(m): 4:48pm On Oct 24, 2022
NeckingNgulping:
I'm an atheist, and I found that I'm incapable of dating women who are particularly religious. I could go out on a date with a religious woman, and that's usually solely by merit of me pretending the whole time as though I'm truly in for it.

Since long term relationship with these women would have necessitated that i make pretence a hobby, logic sets in and we inevitably part ways.

In a highly religious country like ours, it's quite hard to find a woman who's an atheist as me, let alone a decent one.

I'll find a decent lady and reveal my true color after two kids grin

2 Likes

Re: My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. by mariahAngel(f): 4:50pm On Oct 24, 2022
OkpaNsukkaisBae:
Remove the atheist tag, average Nigerian girl don't know how to maintain communication, they're boring to the core.

Keep consoling yourself. cry

1 Like

Re: My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. by kingxsamz(m): 4:51pm On Oct 24, 2022
Baronthecelebri:
You don't believe in God,yet you're looking for a God fearing woman. Wahala exactly

Are they really "God fearing", or do they just identify with the religion? undecided
It's the same way you look for a girlfriend to fornicate with even though it's something your religion boldly stands against.

7 Likes

Re: My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. by TheSameGuy(m): 4:51pm On Oct 24, 2022
Why and how did you become an atheist?

NeckingNgulping:

You are the real one.. You only lost a bunch of indoctrinated classmates, people who are hardwired to not see reasons and facts.

Re: My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. by tsdarkside(m): 4:53pm On Oct 24, 2022
7arrows:

Even in NIGERIA they will come flowing like rivers of many waters. Key word "MAKE MONEY".

kiki....are you usin style to say he is a broke morafvcker....??
atheist women dont like broke morafvckers either....

haha....

2 Likes

Re: My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. by Youoareofoolish: 4:54pm On Oct 24, 2022
NeckingNgulping:

Oga carry your cdossand stop whining like abitch. Shebi na you wan do atheist, why you want make others think like you. You lots and lgbtq are not tired of forcing your views on us

1 Like

Re: My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. by kingxsamz(m): 4:54pm On Oct 24, 2022
dhardline:

You can go ahead and call me all that you want still does not change the fact that you really have so much that you are yet to understand about my statement. Do you think those who sleep with animals feel they are in the wrong? Or do you think those who go ahead to have a sex change feel they are in the wrong or the average Joe who lies to get what he wants think he's in the wrong. You really need the learn the nature of man and he's capabilities, how man naturally seeks to live a life in which he gives no account to anyone. How what you regard to be 'morals' can become really fluid in the mind of a man who has nothing governing his mind.

P. S. I am a Christian! tongue

Like he said, if you need religion to prevent you from sleeping with animals, you're sick.

10 Likes

Re: My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. by Templee333(m): 4:54pm On Oct 24, 2022
dhardline:
Will I say Nigerian atheist or atheist in general are a funny lot. How do you desire to have a 'decent' atheist as a girl friend?
Like who are you to require a standard for her when nothing rules her?
Or do you not know God gave man commandments on how to live life and be 'decent' and once God is removed man is free to make up his own rules as he lives and nothing becomes out of place for him. So just go ahead a marry any atheist you come across, she can decide to have 10 husband's and it's not out of place, she can decide to sleep with animals and it's still not out of place for her. She is ruled by nothing just as you claim you are too and hence free to do as she wills.
there are christians who practice all the "crimes" u stated above.

4 Likes

Re: My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. by kaywhy09(m): 4:55pm On Oct 24, 2022
Even the very much wayyyywwwarrd have prophets and prophetess they consults in such matter as relationship.
Re: My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. by tsdarkside(m): 4:57pm On Oct 24, 2022
actualy atheist is a religion too....

they have priests....
they are called scientists....

3 Likes

Re: My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. by fx45(m): 4:57pm On Oct 24, 2022
NeckingNgulping:

My ex is now an atheist. She has stopped going to church. Should I connect you?
Re: My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. by maasoap(m): 4:58pm On Oct 24, 2022
BobbieZion:

God is not a Man.......take it or leave it.

If i don't believe in anything then i am worse than an animal.
That means all i will do is eat, shit and sleep?

Now that you believe in God, what are you exactly doing besides eating, shitting and sleeping? Praying and worshipping the invisible God, my guess. And that's a lot of purpose grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. by kingxsamz(m): 4:59pm On Oct 24, 2022
atinga1:
Nigerian atheists, if there's anything like that, are believers who got frustrated with God and then suddenly turned atheists.
Small near accident, you see them shouting Jesus! Jesus!

And how many accidents have you encountered to arrive at this childish conclusion?

3 Likes

Re: My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. by tsdarkside(m): 4:59pm On Oct 24, 2022
fx45:
My ex is now an atheist. She has stopped going to church. Should I connect you?

i dont go to church either....look my moniker....
am still a christian....
Re: My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. by pocohantas(f): 4:59pm On Oct 24, 2022
kingxsamz:

They make it a daily issue, that is why they have problems. If muslims and christians marry, what then is atheism?

1 Like

Re: My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. by kay29000(m): 5:00pm On Oct 24, 2022
Peterrio:
Some might not be very religious, but their thought patterns are still warped in religion.

The very religious ones can even be a challenge to Christian guys

One thing that amazes me from time to time is that they can partake freely in fornication and adultery, while holding the religion very tight

I swear. I know a runs girl that doesn't joke with church... Sunday service, midweek service, and even house fellowship. The way she's able to compartmentalise her mind amazes me.

8 Likes

Re: My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. by tsdarkside(m): 5:01pm On Oct 24, 2022
pocohantas:

They make it a daily issue, that is why they have problems. If muslims and christians marry, what then is atheism?

its just another religion with a modern fancy name....

2 Likes

Re: My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. by fx45(m): 5:02pm On Oct 24, 2022
tsdarkside:

i dont go to church either....look my moniker....
am still a christian....
Peter Obi or Urinating Machine?

1 Like

Re: My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. by Franking: 5:02pm On Oct 24, 2022
Peterrio:

... and vaginal, and sometimes anal

grin grin grin grin! U know the story.
Re: My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. by atinga1: 5:02pm On Oct 24, 2022
kingxsamz:

And how many accidents have you encountered to arrive at this childish conclusion?
The one that's making you wail in my mentions.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. by mastermaestro(m): 5:02pm On Oct 24, 2022
oliy24:
Just forget it. No woman for you in Nigeria. I'm an atheist sound like I'm a follower of devil to Nigerians.

They are correct that you a follower the devil.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply)

Why Men Patronise Prostitutes / Couple Rocks Wizkid’s Starboy Jersey In Lovely Pre-wedding Photos / Man Who Proposed To His Girlfriend At SARS Headquarters Finally Weds. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.