Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,114 members, 7,821,826 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:35 PM

Kashimbilla Hydroelectric Dam In Taraba Awaits Commissioning (Pictures) - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kashimbilla Hydroelectric Dam In Taraba Awaits Commissioning (Pictures) (42970 Views)

Former President Jonathan To Commission Kashimbilla Dam, Airport / 40MW Kashimbilla Hydro-Power Plant Lights Up Taraba Community / FG To Commission 40MW Kashimbilla Hydropower Plant Soon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kashimbilla Hydroelectric Dam In Taraba Awaits Commissioning (Pictures) by Salamalo: 4:23pm On Oct 25, 2022
[quote
Treasure17
]How will this reduce the price of rice in the market?

Rice eater, your problem is rice
You think of other things like
Power, roads, transportation.
Na waa for you oo
Re: Kashimbilla Hydroelectric Dam In Taraba Awaits Commissioning (Pictures) by tiger28: 4:25pm On Oct 25, 2022
Aareakinwunmi:

His govt. is economically stuck in a rut

Just like most economies in the World.......Post Covid lockdown.

Let's be Objective sometimes!
Re: Kashimbilla Hydroelectric Dam In Taraba Awaits Commissioning (Pictures) by slivertongue: 4:27pm On Oct 25, 2022
Nosayer:

On increment of poverty and hardship, they're unbeatable too.

At least, the APC increased the level of hardship in Nigeria to an astronomical level.

With unbelievable borrowings that were majorly squandered
Re: Kashimbilla Hydroelectric Dam In Taraba Awaits Commissioning (Pictures) by WelcomeToBiafra: 4:28pm On Oct 25, 2022
Commissioning architecture picture of yet to built dam.

Photo shopping dam.
Re: Kashimbilla Hydroelectric Dam In Taraba Awaits Commissioning (Pictures) by viodemus: 4:29pm On Oct 25, 2022
Dam light is not sensible to me. Dam generation is for countries that have the water power and not other forms of power.

Nigeria has gas and other petroleum. Why don't we focus on that and other non water forms of power generation. We need the water for farming, drinking, cooking, bathing, and other projects. Of what use is the water for power generation when we will be shouting no clean water very soon. Maybe we plan to be importing water that God has already blessed us with.

We no dey use brain reason, impulsive action when it needs thoughtful actions. This is why we need leaders with fore sight.
Re: Kashimbilla Hydroelectric Dam In Taraba Awaits Commissioning (Pictures) by copyrites: 4:30pm On Oct 25, 2022
ejieddy:
As much as I fault Buhari for a lot of wrong in this country, his administration has done more for our infrastructure than any other administration. I give that to him, plus signing the electoral law.

You're joking right? Have you seen Goodluck Jonathan's projects? You all must be kidding with this infrastructure thing.

1 Like

Re: Kashimbilla Hydroelectric Dam In Taraba Awaits Commissioning (Pictures) by Treasure17(m): 4:30pm On Oct 25, 2022
[quote author=Salamalo post=117868555][/quote]
Lol. I'm thinking of rice while you are fixated on roads and electricity. To each his own grin
Re: Kashimbilla Hydroelectric Dam In Taraba Awaits Commissioning (Pictures) by copyrites: 4:31pm On Oct 25, 2022
Moh247:
On infrastructure APC is still unbeatable

More projects to be commissioned

More needs to be done on Security

You must be kidding. Google Jonathan's project in 5 years.
Re: Kashimbilla Hydroelectric Dam In Taraba Awaits Commissioning (Pictures) by Nobody: 4:31pm On Oct 25, 2022
Hope Tourists would be allow to take advantage of the Airstrip .... Make they enjoy the temperate climate of Taraba, especially Mabilla and Gashaka something Japaian Seyi would never know. Congratulations to Taraba people, I hope the government would be generous to allow you enjoy the light it would generate.. Thank you President Buhari.... Hope say you na repair the Airstrip in Zungeru , it was in total abandonment the last time I was there.
Re: Kashimbilla Hydroelectric Dam In Taraba Awaits Commissioning (Pictures) by Espelbengz(m): 4:32pm On Oct 25, 2022
Are u pained that a party you hated since inception is completing and commissioning projects your bride the pdp started, abandoned, looted without executing them, and still gave it's ticket to another northern? Or is it the fact that a northern Fulani Muslim is the one setting the records that it's so much tormenting you? Happiness is free so too is painment.. LoL ����

DMerciful:
All these meaningless propaganda projects that have zero impact on the standard of living of Nigerians won't save APC!

They keep talking about dams they built yet the country is covered with flood.

All of a sudden we start seeing completion of dams that nobody knows when they were started. Lies!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kashimbilla Hydroelectric Dam In Taraba Awaits Commissioning (Pictures) by voltron14: 4:37pm On Oct 25, 2022
omobolarinwa1:

Unah be mumu..if you read my handle name you should be able know I am from the west and I never glorified any tribe rather I try to explain segregation by the current and past government..
Shatap.

Ya papa be mumu.

Hydro projects aren't sited on SS because it isn't conducive.

Gas projects are instead used.

Use your head.

Before you reply, I'm a full itsekiri man.
Re: Kashimbilla Hydroelectric Dam In Taraba Awaits Commissioning (Pictures) by Asour: 4:38pm On Oct 25, 2022
Moh247:

Construction began 2014 though.
Re: Kashimbilla Hydroelectric Dam In Taraba Awaits Commissioning (Pictures) by luluosas(m): 4:39pm On Oct 25, 2022
Good one. God bless outgoing President Buhari, and God bless the incoming President Peter Gregory Obi
Re: Kashimbilla Hydroelectric Dam In Taraba Awaits Commissioning (Pictures) by tctrills: 4:47pm On Oct 25, 2022
Perfectbeing:
I meant your head. The world does not work the way it works in YOUR head.
You are still saying the same thing. Everything that works starts in someone's head. You really think things just appeared and began to work magically?
Re: Kashimbilla Hydroelectric Dam In Taraba Awaits Commissioning (Pictures) by Nosayer: 4:51pm On Oct 25, 2022
Confirmedzombie:

If you and your family are facing hardship and poverty, I and my family and friends are doing well.

Go and hustle, your life not tied to APC.

On infrastructure APC 8yrs is laudable. Only security they failed.

You are a bitter soul and filled with hate.

Tinubu will continue from where Buhari stopped.

Even Peter obi knows he can't rule Nigeria

You're this pained... grin grin

Pele o.... we're in Nigeria together. I'm far better than I was eight years ago when Buhari hasn't come. But the question is, how much was rice then and now? How much is every basic item needed for the common man to survive? Do you think the Yorubas would have been divided over Tinubu if APC had done well? Need I remind you about the thousands of souls that died because of the unmitigated mauraders?

If your friends and family are doing well and you're completely out of touch with Nigeria's reality and so desire APC to come again in 2023, then you're a very wicked soul who need to repent quickly and ask God for mercy!

1 Like

Re: Kashimbilla Hydroelectric Dam In Taraba Awaits Commissioning (Pictures) by tctrills: 4:57pm On Oct 25, 2022
Perfectbeing:
Why don't you check the debt that Egypt is owing? The same Egypt that Peter Obi wants Nigeria to be like.

Egypt has been in existence since bible times yet they still can't run their economy without debt.

Check the debt profile of all the advanced countries.
If all their citizens were afraid of debts, they won't be as advanced as they are now.

First, you make many errors.
Present-day Egypt is not the same as in the bible days. Only the name and geography are retained. The indigenes of ancient Egypt were not Arabs.

Secondly, how much Egypt is owing is not important in this discussion. We could check how much the US is owing or how much Japan is owing but that would not help the Nigerian case.

Now, this is what is important:
Nigeria's debt service-to-revenue ratio was up to 92 percent this year from 76 percent in 2021.
Let me explain what this means to you. It means that whenever Nigeria makes N100 we use N92 to service our debts then we spend the remaining N8. This is why we keep borrowing more and more to remain afloat.

In 2023 we would be spending more than 100% to service debt. Do you now understand why it is foolish to be looking at other countries as models for indebtedness?
Re: Kashimbilla Hydroelectric Dam In Taraba Awaits Commissioning (Pictures) by stormborn28(m): 5:00pm On Oct 25, 2022
twilliamx:

OK Obidient.... Just like 2nd Niger Bridge...

FalseProphet1(m): 2:46pm
Power generation has dropped, it was great around August and part of September, but now, since Sunday we haven't seen light in my area.

Nigeria is truly a shit hole.

This I have seen.
Re: Kashimbilla Hydroelectric Dam In Taraba Awaits Commissioning (Pictures) by stormborn28(m): 5:01pm On Oct 25, 2022
Moh247:

Power generation has dropped, it was great around August and part of September, but now, since Sunday we haven't seen light in my area.

This I have seen.
Re: Kashimbilla Hydroelectric Dam In Taraba Awaits Commissioning (Pictures) by Nobody: 5:01pm On Oct 25, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

Just stop spreading lies to impress your paymasters. Govt no longer pays subsidies on electricity
So find another story to tell

Four.
Re: Kashimbilla Hydroelectric Dam In Taraba Awaits Commissioning (Pictures) by Moh247: 5:03pm On Oct 25, 2022
stormborn28:

This I have seen.

Which area be that because in Ibadan no light as well since October started it has truly dropped
Re: Kashimbilla Hydroelectric Dam In Taraba Awaits Commissioning (Pictures) by Elbethel1: 5:05pm On Oct 25, 2022
This is commendable but what about insecurity that has become the order of the day; this wouldn't save them from an utter defeat come 2023 except Nigerians are too forgetful
Re: Kashimbilla Hydroelectric Dam In Taraba Awaits Commissioning (Pictures) by deflover(m): 5:12pm On Oct 25, 2022
ejieddy:
As much as I fault Buhari for a lot of wrong in this country, his administration has done more for our infrastructure than any other administration. I give that to him, plus signing the electoral law.

Not his administration
China has done more
Re: Kashimbilla Hydroelectric Dam In Taraba Awaits Commissioning (Pictures) by wolebest: 5:14pm On Oct 25, 2022
Vixlot:
Kashimbilla Hydroelectric Dam in Taraba state is set for Commissioning as the airstrip is completed.

https://twitter.com/StFreakingKezy/status/1584870468045053953

Gracia Buhari!
Gracia Buhari!!
Gracia Buhari!!!

Another one done and dusted.

16 years of prosperity PDP could not deliver on infrastructure.
Re: Kashimbilla Hydroelectric Dam In Taraba Awaits Commissioning (Pictures) by Softmirror: 5:17pm On Oct 25, 2022
Nosayer:

On increment of poverty and hardship, they're unbeatable too.

At least, the APC increased the level of hardship in Nigeria to an astronomical level.
YOU MEAN YOU ARE SUFFERING FROM POVERTY?!
Re: Kashimbilla Hydroelectric Dam In Taraba Awaits Commissioning (Pictures) by blackpanda: 5:17pm On Oct 25, 2022
FalseProphet1:

This I have seen.

That u dont have light doesnt mean power generation has dropped
It may be your village people at work grin
Re: Kashimbilla Hydroelectric Dam In Taraba Awaits Commissioning (Pictures) by Pineapplelove: 5:17pm On Oct 25, 2022
This is a good place to fish and swim
Re: Kashimbilla Hydroelectric Dam In Taraba Awaits Commissioning (Pictures) by Nosayer: 5:20pm On Oct 25, 2022
Softmirror:

YOU MEAN YOU ARE SUFFERING FROM POVERTY?!

I MEAN YOU'RE SUFFERING FROM POVERTY OF SINCERITY
Re: Kashimbilla Hydroelectric Dam In Taraba Awaits Commissioning (Pictures) by ican2020: 5:25pm On Oct 25, 2022
Yet no light wicked Nigerians
Re: Kashimbilla Hydroelectric Dam In Taraba Awaits Commissioning (Pictures) by ican2020: 5:27pm On Oct 25, 2022
blackpanda:

That u dont have light doesnt mean power generation has dropped
It may be your village people at work grin
Native doctor
Re: Kashimbilla Hydroelectric Dam In Taraba Awaits Commissioning (Pictures) by Softmirror: 5:28pm On Oct 25, 2022
Nosayer:

I MEAN YOU'RE SUFFERING FROM POVERTY OF SINCERITY

POVERTY OF SINCERITY IN WHAT CONTEXT? WHEN LAST DID YOU TRAVEL TO GERMANY, FRANCE AND THE UNITED KINGDOM? AND IF YOU HAVEN'T, TELL US WHAT YOU HAVE READ, HEARD ABOUT THE STANDARD OF LIVING IN THESE FEW COUNTRIES I JUST MENTIONED THAT IS MAKING THEIR CITIZENS COMPLAIN BITTERLY. IS BUHARI THE REASON FOR THEIR PAINS AND AGONY? I INTENTIONALLY DID NOT MENTION UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.
Re: Kashimbilla Hydroelectric Dam In Taraba Awaits Commissioning (Pictures) by emettang: 5:29pm On Oct 25, 2022
What you should know about Kashimbilla Hydroelectric Dam
1. Zutari Engineering of South Arica was hired by FGN in 2011 to carry out "a technical feasibility study" of the dam.
2. Kashimbila Dam was conceived during the 2011 to 2015 time frame with the objective to generate 40 MW (54,000 hp) electricity, drinking water and water for irrigation to an estimated 3,000 hectares
3. the project was initially awarded to Messr SCC Nigeria Ltd in May 2007 at an initial cost of N42.9 billion
4. As of 2015, other components of the dam were at 90.33 per cent completion except for power supply which stood at 60 per cent.

Moh247:

1 Like

Re: Kashimbilla Hydroelectric Dam In Taraba Awaits Commissioning (Pictures) by Softmirror: 5:31pm On Oct 25, 2022
emettang:
What you should know about Kashimbilla Hydroelectric Dam
1. Zutari Engineering of South Arica was hired by FGN in 2011 to carry out "a technical feasibility study" of the dam.
2. Kashimbila Dam was conceived during the 2011 to 2015 time frame with the objective to generate 40 MW (54,000 hp) electricity, drinking water and water for irrigation to an estimated 3,000 hectares
3. the project was initially awarded to Messr SCC Nigeria Ltd in May 2007 at an initial cost of N42.9 billion
4. As of 2015, other components of the dam were at 90.33 per cent completion except for power supply which stood at 60 per cent.

THAT IS PROGRESSIVE.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Revolution Now Protest In Osun: Elderly Woman Brutalized By Police (Photo) / Breaking: Gombe Beats Kano State, As Unbelievable Crowd Grace Buhari's Rally / Meet Chinor Emeka Who Dared The War Chest Of PDP, APC For Mbaitoli/Ikeduru

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.