Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,994 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:14 AM

Kashimbilla Hydroelectric Dam In Taraba Awaits Commissioning (Pictures) - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kashimbilla Hydroelectric Dam In Taraba Awaits Commissioning (Pictures) (42971 Views)

Former President Jonathan To Commission Kashimbilla Dam, Airport / 40MW Kashimbilla Hydro-Power Plant Lights Up Taraba Community / FG To Commission 40MW Kashimbilla Hydropower Plant Soon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kashimbilla Hydroelectric Dam In Taraba Awaits Commissioning (Pictures) by Skmoda360(m): 2:58am On Oct 26, 2022
Weirdcamila:
Nice . Why not make it a tourist attraction to earn more revenue. Nigeria needs creative thinkers and all the world will troop in to explore Nigeria .
That time we can start banning some countries
Like UAE
Re: Kashimbilla Hydroelectric Dam In Taraba Awaits Commissioning (Pictures) by AFONJAPIG(m): 4:24am On Oct 26, 2022
The reason Nigeria is not progressing are because we praise incompetence and mediocre... if you go to uae the kind of massive projects that if its Nigeria it will take forever to execute, I laugh at people when they start praising Tulumbu for eco city, but could u imagine after so many years of laying the first block only one structure that is not even up to where I live is there, we keep praising nonsense Nigerians living in there since they were born should take a short trip to others places they will know they are progressing backwards
Re: Kashimbilla Hydroelectric Dam In Taraba Awaits Commissioning (Pictures) by Perfectbeing(m): 5:44am On Oct 26, 2022
tctrills:

I just remembered one more thing.
Greece, Spain, and Italy what do they have in common? They are super beautiful places. They are among the top 12 visited countries yet they mess up their economies due to excessive debt.
Investors are not rushing to these countries. So the idea that you need to go broke from borrowing just to make your country beautiful for investors is naive and childish.
Investors care about only 2 things, security and profit and Nigeria has neither of these. We are rated 131 in the ease of doing business and one of the least safe nations on earth.
Lagos is among the top investment place in Africa. Tinubu would make the whole Nigeria like that.

Like it or not, there's a correlation between foreign investments and good infrastructures.
Re: Kashimbilla Hydroelectric Dam In Taraba Awaits Commissioning (Pictures) by tctrills: 7:25am On Oct 26, 2022
Perfectbeing:
Lagos is among the top investment place in Africa. Tinubu would make the whole Nigeria like that.

Like it or not, there's a correlation between foreign investments and good infrastructures.
You seem to be a bit confused. We were discussing debt not Tinubu.
No one said infrastructure is unimportant but I was educating you on the dangers of excessive debt.
Your government has destroyed our economy and impoverished the nation with debt. We are now more uncompetitive.
I never said you shouldn't vote Tinubu. I believe you are an adult and you know what you want
I am only trying to educate you on the way the economy works.
Re: Kashimbilla Hydroelectric Dam In Taraba Awaits Commissioning (Pictures) by magzey: 7:55am On Oct 26, 2022
Weirdcamila:
Nice . Why not make it a tourist attraction to earn more revenue. Nigeria needs creative thinkers and all the world will troop in to explore Nigeria .
That time we can start banning some countries
Just to see waters abi, creative thinkers my foot grin grin

Re: Kashimbilla Hydroelectric Dam In Taraba Awaits Commissioning (Pictures) by Theo28: 8:10am On Oct 26, 2022
Please to all those reading this news. The dam was contracted in 2008 but work started in 2010. The Goodluck administration saw to the completion of the dam in 2013 and was commissioned. The airstrip is also included. As of 2014, the Power Generating component was added to the dam to generate 40MW of electricity which is to be injected into the National Grid at the Yandev (Benue State) substation. The First phase of the Contract has been concluded which saw the transmission on the 132KV line and the 33KV/11kv to Takum, Wukari, Donga, and Rafin - Kada (Taraba State) and finally Yandev (Benue State). Phase 2 is for community electrification. Please the dam had been commissioned and it was not built by the APC government but by the PDP. Please let us be guided. Currently, the airstrip is in the process of being upgraded from an Airstrip to an International Standard airport with modern facilities and international Aviation approval and it is privately sponsored with no Political undertone.
Vixlot:
Kashimbilla Hydroelectric Dam in Taraba state is set for Commissioning as the airstrip is completed.

https://twitter.com/StFreakingKezy/status/1584870468045053953
Re: Kashimbilla Hydroelectric Dam In Taraba Awaits Commissioning (Pictures) by Nobody: 9:29am On Oct 26, 2022
emorse:

I'm glad that you agree that price control is not really as bad thing.

Now, as regards cost of generating power, take a look at the screenshot and link below.

https://www.e-education.psu.edu/eme801/node/530

Operating costs (fuel, labour and maintenance) is at most $0.1/kWh. That's about N42/kWh. They sell to us at N56/kWh. That's some profit don't you think? What were they really subsidising if not the regular corruption which is present in almost every sector? How come they "silently" removed subsidy earlier this year and we didn't even flinch?

Anyway, let's take the figures from the PWC report (they obviously know more than I do) that says they have to sell at around N80/kWh to make some decent profit. Are we not paying multiples of that figure as a result of estimated billing already? You and I have both heared testimonies of people who acquired prepaid meters and instantly cut their power bills by as much as two thirds without even trying. Where has the excess revenue been going to? Could that be the reason why they are trying really hard to frustrate every effort at metering all their customers?

You see bro, we can keep going back and forth on this issue but I can assure you that we will not get anywhere until the sector is sanitised by proper metering.

You want cheap power.

I want power to be paid for, so that the companies can make a profit doing so...so that they can use that profit to fix things.

And I want an end to estimated billing totally...so don't bring it up...it is irrelevant.

We can disagree.

By the way,most Americans pay market price for power...it is why their power companies have the cash to give them power 24/7.

Good morning. And good day.

1 Like

Re: Kashimbilla Hydroelectric Dam In Taraba Awaits Commissioning (Pictures) by obehi231(m): 10:23am On Oct 26, 2022
My interest on this topic is the hydroelectricity and the capacity which wasn't mentioned so what's the essence of the post
Re: Kashimbilla Hydroelectric Dam In Taraba Awaits Commissioning (Pictures) by Mutigadara1: 11:16am On Oct 26, 2022
A simple google search is all I said you should do and you couldn't, but decided to call me joker. That's why Buhari said lazy Nigerian youths
blueAgent:

Joker
Re: Kashimbilla Hydroelectric Dam In Taraba Awaits Commissioning (Pictures) by Perfectbeing(m): 4:57pm On Oct 26, 2022
tctrills:

You seem to be a bit confused. We were discussing debt not Tinubu.
No one said infrastructure is unimportant but I was educating you on the dangers of excessive debt.
Your government has destroyed our economy and impoverished the nation with debt. We are now more uncompetitive.
I never said you shouldn't vote Tinubu. I believe you are an adult and you know what you want
I am only trying to educate you on the way the economy works.
You obviously have no idea on how the Nigerian economy works..

Nigeria is having more foreign and local investment now more than ever.

Nigeria would have developed at a snail speed (if at all) with only oil revenue..

Oil revenue plummeted almost when Buhari took over Government. Coupled with fuel subsidy, Nigeria revenue would never have been enough to develop the country. So Buhari had to take loans.

Any other investment Buhari wanted to do without investing on roads, bridges, rail roads etc would have been a waste of time. .

For example, before completing the Ajaokuta steel industry (let's even forget about the court cases that was on ground), a railway needed to be built to carry iron ore from the source to the steel company.. Without a constant supply of raw materials to the steel company, building it would have been a waste of time. Once the furnace is turned on, it can't be turned off for at least 20 years.. So completing the company without linking it to it's raw materials would be stupid.
Those links I'm talking about is the railways which needed loans to be built..

Buhari wanted to link all seaports by rail.
He wanted to link the LAKIJA corridor (you should read about it) to Lagos seaport that was why he built the Lagos to Kanu to Maradi railway (which generated a lot of controversies). That rail way needed loans to be built.

Trying to diversify to other source of revenues was a long term plan which was too expensive for Nigeria, hence Nigeria needed to take loans.

Nigeria needed to buy fighter jets and other weapons to fight insecurity.. We needed loans to get those things.

So who cares, if we spend N92 out of every N100 we make to service debts? In time, those projects built by the loans would start paying for themselves..
Thank God the Chinese loans have a long repayment term of 15 to 20 years. So we have enough time to pay back the loans.

Like I always tell people, in the next 15-20 years, Buhari will be regarded as one of the best President of Nigeria. Because it is around then that Nigeria will see the good effect of what he's doing now.
Re: Kashimbilla Hydroelectric Dam In Taraba Awaits Commissioning (Pictures) by tctrills: 7:44pm On Oct 26, 2022
Perfectbeing:

Nigeria would have developed at a snail speed (if at all) with only oil revenue..

Oil revenue plummeted almost when Buhari took over Government. Coupled with fuel subsidy, Nigeria revenue would never have been enough to develop the country. So Buhari had to take loans.

Any other investment Buhari wanted to do without investing on roads, bridges, rail roads etc would have been a waste of time. .

For example, before completing the Ajaokuta steel industry (let's even forget about the court cases that was on ground), a railway needed to be built to carry iron ore from the source to the steel company.. Without a constant supply of raw materials to the steel company, building it would have been a waste of time. Once the furnace is turned on, it can't be turned off for at least 20 years.. So completing the company without linking it to it's raw materials would be stupid.

He wanted to link the LAKIJA corridor (you should read about it) to Lagos seaport that was why he built the Lagos to Kanu to Maradi railway (which generated a lot of controversies). That rail way needed loans to be built.

Trying to diversify to other source of revenues was a long term plan which was too expensive for Nigeria, hence Nigeria needed to take loans.

Nigeria needed to buy fighter jets and other weapons to fight insecurity.. We needed loans to get those things.

So who cares, if we spend N92 out of every N100 we make to service debts? In time, those projects built by the loans would start paying for themselves..
Thank God the Chinese loans have a long repayment term of 15 to 20 years. So we have enough time to pay back the loans.

Like I always tell people, in the next 15-20 years, Buhari will be regarded as one of the best President of Nigeria. Because it is around then that Nigeria will see the good effect of what he's doing now.

Your first statement shows you really have very low understand of our economy.
You did not even quote a single data to show that Nigerian investment is growing.
Could you please list the investments under Buhari so we can compare with other governments.
Then again you retold the APC lie that oil revenue reduced under Buhari.
You APC guys forgot that oil was rarely up to $40 under Obasanjo.
The average price of oil under Buhari was above $60. The lowest price was $30 during the first 3 months of covid.
The average price of oil under Yaradua and Jonathan was $80.
So if you do your maths, oil was more expensive under APC.
The idea that projects would in time pay for themselves is actually a lie. Below are a list of countries where projects did not pay for themselves.
1. China's extensive rail project.
2. Sri Lanka's infrastructural projects
3. Brazil's massive projects of the 80s and 90s
4. Argentina
5 Pakistan
6. Greece
7. Spain
8. Italy
9. Portugal
Do you want me to go on?
Re: Kashimbilla Hydroelectric Dam In Taraba Awaits Commissioning (Pictures) by tctrills: 1:20am On Oct 27, 2022
Perfectbeing:

Again, I add to my first post. Early this year, the Chinese banks stopped given us loans for infrastructure.
If the Chinese felt that these were great loans that would repay themselves, they would have continued to pump us with money. But they began to see that the loans would not yield good result so the stopped. Note, no banker would ever refuse to give a healthy loan. The Chinese now see that our investment environment is unhealthy.
Now we have many uncompleted projects with no means of financing them.
The only rail project stated and completed by the Buhari government is the Lagos to Ibadan. All other projects don't have financing.
That's all APC has to offer
Re: Kashimbilla Hydroelectric Dam In Taraba Awaits Commissioning (Pictures) by Perfectbeing(m): 8:08am On Oct 28, 2022
tctrills:

Your first statement shows you really have very low understand of our economy.
You did not even quote a single data to show that Nigerian investment is growing.
Could you please list the investments under Buhari so we can compare with other governments.
Then again you retold the APC lie that oil revenue reduced under Buhari.
You APC guys forgot that oil was rarely up to $40 under Obasanjo.
The average price of oil under Buhari was above $60. The lowest price was $30 during the first 3 months of covid.
The average price of oil under Yaradua and Jonathan was $80.
So if you do your maths, oil was more expensive under APC.
The idea that projects would in time pay for themselves is actually a lie. Below are a list of countries where projects did not pay for themselves.
1. China's extensive rail project.
2. Sri Lanka's infrastructural projects
3. Brazil's massive projects of the 80s and 90s
4. Argentina
5 Pakistan
6. Greece
7. Spain
8. Italy
9. Portugal
Do you want me to go on?

Yes I want you to go on.. You only stated projects that didn't pay for themselves but in your pessimism failed to listen projects that pay for themselves..

And also, what's the worse that would happen if the loan default? The Chinese will take over right? But it wouldn't still matter, because it's still Nigerians that would be using the trains, airports, refineries etc..
It is still Nigerians that would be employed.. So if e reach that stage make e reach...
Re: Kashimbilla Hydroelectric Dam In Taraba Awaits Commissioning (Pictures) by tctrills: 8:48am On Oct 28, 2022
Perfectbeing:
Yes I want you to go on.. You only stated projects that didn't pay for themselves but in your pessimism failed to listen projects that pay for themselves..

And also, what's the worse that would happen if the loan default? The Chinese will take over right? But it wouldn't still matter, because it's still Nigerians that would be using the trains, airports, refineries etc..
It is still Nigerians that would be employed.. So if e reach that stage make e reach...

No, it would be your job to list projects that paid for themselves. I am listening.
Even in china, the multi billion dollars rail project build from 2008 is running at a loss. If the Chinese can run rail profitably, you think they would build profitable rails for you?
You seem to be very short sighted. What is the worst that could happen if you default?
You lose international credibility. That means no one would loan you money when you need it.
Your currency continues to be devalued.
China would have all kinds of economic leverage over you.
The billion dollars project would begin to face decay as the Chinese would not run them at a loss.
Investments in your country become more risky as your central bank and monetary policy would become extremely weak.
The investors you were hoping to invite would not be comfortable investing in your country.
You would also have lost of abandoned projects as the funding would dry up. This is already the case in Nigeria. The Chinese have stopped funding our rails since January this year.
Re: Kashimbilla Hydroelectric Dam In Taraba Awaits Commissioning (Pictures) by Perfectbeing(m): 9:17am On Oct 28, 2022
tctrills:

No, it would be your job to list projects that paid for themselves. I am listening.
Even in china, the multi billion dollars rail project build from 2008 is running at a loss. If the Chinese can run rail profitably, you think they would build profitable rails for you?
You seem to be very short sighted. What is the worst that could happen if you default?
You lose international credibility. That means no one would loan you money when you need it.
Your currency continues to be devalued.
China would have all kinds of economic leverage over you.
The billion dollars project would begin to face decay as the Chinese would not run them at a loss.
Investments in your country become more risky as your central bank and monetary policy would become extremely weak.
The investors you were hoping to invite would not be comfortable investing in your country.
You would also have lost of abandoned projects as the funding would dry up. This is already the case in Nigeria. The Chinese have stopped funding our rails since January this year.
Be pessimism all you want..
Nigeria loans will pay for itself
Re: Kashimbilla Hydroelectric Dam In Taraba Awaits Commissioning (Pictures) by tctrills: 9:22am On Oct 28, 2022
Perfectbeing:
Be pessimism all you want..
Nigeria loans will pay for itself
We can't continue to do foolish things and hope all will be well. We should learn from history.
The Greeks thought the same when they were borrowing
Pakistan said the same thing.
The worst part of this foolishness is that we have so many unfinished projects and the funds have run dry.
Re: Kashimbilla Hydroelectric Dam In Taraba Awaits Commissioning (Pictures) by Perfectbeing(m): 10:03am On Oct 28, 2022
tctrills:

We can't continue to do foolish things and hope all will be well. We should learn from history.
The Greeks thought the same when they were borrowing
Pakistan said the same thing.
The worst part of this foolishness is that we have so many unfinished projects and the funds have run dry.
What about Egypt, America etc that borrowed and are better than they were? Nigeria will be better..
Re: Kashimbilla Hydroelectric Dam In Taraba Awaits Commissioning (Pictures) by tctrills: 10:28am On Oct 28, 2022
Perfectbeing:
What about Egypt, America etc that borrowed and are better than they were? Nigeria will be better..

Yes what about Egypt. First Egypt does not spend 92% of income on debt servicing neither does America.
The Nigerian government had a revenue of 9 billion dollars last year while the Government of Egypt had a revenue of 67 billion dollars. Clearly Egypt is in a better position to service it's debts.

Even at that Egypt is in danger of not being able to service it debt. The IMF has warned Egypt about taking further debt.

America spends 9% of government revenue on debt servicing. You must agree with me that this is much more healthy.

Secondly even in America we don't have any example of public debt paying for itself.
Re: Kashimbilla Hydroelectric Dam In Taraba Awaits Commissioning (Pictures) by Perfectbeing(m): 11:38am On Oct 28, 2022
tctrills:

Yes what about Egypt. First Egypt does not spend 92% of income on debt servicing neither does America.
The Nigerian government had a revenue of 9 billion dollars last year while the Government of Egypt had a revenue of 67 billion dollars. Clearly Egypt is in a better position to service it's debts.

Even at that Egypt is in danger of not being able to service it debt. The IMF has warned Egypt about taking further debt.

America spends 9% of government revenue on debt servicing. You must agree with me that this is much more healthy.

Secondly even in America we don't have any example of public debt paying for itself.
Nigeria will use loans to position itself to get more revenues to pay up it's debt.. It will happen and you'll see.
Re: Kashimbilla Hydroelectric Dam In Taraba Awaits Commissioning (Pictures) by tctrills: 12:32pm On Oct 28, 2022
Perfectbeing:
Nigeria will use loans to position itself to get more revenues to pay up it's debt.. It will happen and you'll see.
That's what Argentina said. We are not seeing any evidence than Nigeria would be different.
In 2008 when China began the massive construction of tail, the told the world that the project would pay for itself. Today, the project is running at a loss.
Nigeria is more corrupt than these countries so why do you think Nigeria would do a better job.
Re: Kashimbilla Hydroelectric Dam In Taraba Awaits Commissioning (Pictures) by Perfectbeing(m): 1:05pm On Oct 28, 2022
tctrills:

That's what Argentina said. We are not seeing any evidence than Nigeria would be different.
In 2008 when China began the massive construction of tail, the told the world that the project would pay for itself. Today, the project is running at a loss.
Nigeria is more corrupt than these countries so why do you think Nigeria would do a better job.
Argentina is not the only country that took loans.. There are other countries that took loans and are better for it..

I believe in division of labour.. While you see only the bad aspect of taking loans, allow me to see the good part biko.. Bye bye yo.
Re: Kashimbilla Hydroelectric Dam In Taraba Awaits Commissioning (Pictures) by tctrills: 3:50pm On Oct 28, 2022
Perfectbeing:
Argentina is not the only country that took loans.. There are other countries that took loans and are better for it..

I believe in division of labour.. While you see only the bad aspect of taking loans, allow me to see the good part biko.. Bye bye yo.
Please mention just one county that took loans to build infrastructure and the infrastructure paid for itself.
You would not find any examples of such countries in the last 50 years
Re: Kashimbilla Hydroelectric Dam In Taraba Awaits Commissioning (Pictures) by Perfectbeing(m): 4:49pm On Oct 28, 2022
tctrills:

Please mention just one county that took loans to build infrastructure and the infrastructure paid for itself.
Ok
Re: Kashimbilla Hydroelectric Dam In Taraba Awaits Commissioning (Pictures) by Perfectbeing(m): 5:05pm On Oct 28, 2022
Go to Facebook and you'd see some idiots saying it was because Peter Obi talked about power that is why Federal Government built this dam.

Peter Obi joined LP in May and started making noise after then. So those foolish people believe that federal Government started this dam in May 2022 and completed it in October 2022 because of Peter Obi.

Same thing some foolish ones will say in December when the PH refineries start production.
Re: Kashimbilla Hydroelectric Dam In Taraba Awaits Commissioning (Pictures) by Perfectbeing(m): 5:08pm On Oct 28, 2022
Babysho:

Not true but it doesn't matter. We know we can have it all. We can have infrastructure, a stable economy and a govt rid of corruption and that's what we'll get in Obi.
Like what Anambra people enjoyed under him abi?
Re: Kashimbilla Hydroelectric Dam In Taraba Awaits Commissioning (Pictures) by Babysho(m): 7:44pm On Oct 28, 2022
Perfectbeing:
Like what Anambra people enjoyed under him abi?

You can see CONSCIOUS EFFORTS by Peter Obi in Anambra geared towards bettering the lives of the people of Anambra through HDI.

I do think there are several aspects he could have done better as governor but overall, he's still the best candidate by a large margin.

Who do you think is the best candidate and why?
Re: Kashimbilla Hydroelectric Dam In Taraba Awaits Commissioning (Pictures) by Babysho(m): 8:03pm On Oct 28, 2022
tctrills:

This made me look up information on Addis Ababa light rail and apparently, they're in huge debt. I'm really shocked! They owe almost $500m to China export-import bank and they've only managed to make a profit of $12m at a running cost of $120m.

I can't even begin to imagine how much Lagos owes for the light rail because I'm pretty sure they've exceeded what they planned out in their feasibility study with inflation and all of that.

I think I understand. This shows that you cannot buy everything, sometimes you have to figure it out yourself.
It's just like a man who wants a wheel barrow to fetch clay to build a house. He goes to his neighbour's home who owns unlimited wheel barrows to buy one but the neighbour says the wheel barrow will cost him his house. He agrees to it and acquires the wheel barrow and completes his house and celebrates. But the neighbour steps in to take his house. Now his neighbour has unlimited wheel barrows and two houses while the man has just a wheel barrow and no house. He can't sleep inside a wheel barrow nau lol na mumu be that.
What he could have done is learn HOW TO BUILD his own wheel barrow.
Re: Kashimbilla Hydroelectric Dam In Taraba Awaits Commissioning (Pictures) by Perfectbeing(m): 9:26pm On Oct 28, 2022
Babysho:

You can see CONSCIOUS EFFORTS by Peter Obi in Anambra geared towards bettering the lives of the people of Anambra through HDI.

I do think there are several aspects he could have done better as governor but overall, he's still the best candidate by a large margin.

Who do you think is the best candidate and why?
If we judge the top 3 candidates by their track records when they were in Government, even you cannot claim you don't know who would win.
Re: Kashimbilla Hydroelectric Dam In Taraba Awaits Commissioning (Pictures) by Babysho(m): 10:45pm On Oct 28, 2022
Perfectbeing:
If we judge the top 3 candidates by their track records when they were in Government, even you cannot claim you don't know who would win.

I see.

The economic development you see in Lagos today is as result of a something called OPPRESSIVE CAPITALISM that was kickstarted in Lagos when Nigeria was a colony. The same reason why Europeans chose to exploit Nigeria through Lagos, is the same reason why foreign investment troop into Lagos; it’s strategic location - which has now given it economic history. And this has nothing to do with the governors. Whatever development you see in Lagos is private.

For the government, one of the tools in which we can measure government performance is HDI. The tax from the private sector/foreign investment can be used to improve human development through life expectancy, standard of living and education. If you live in Lagos, you’d know that all of these are terrible. Life expectancy is 61 years(difficulty in transport, traffic gridlocks, insecurity etc), standard of living of the proletariat is low(no housing, no water), the sch system is so bad, public sch teachers don’t send their own kids to public schools. Concerning healthcare, Tinubu still flies out for basic check up. What Tinubu knows how to do best is find the loopholes in govt.

If Abia, Zamfara or Benue was in that location, they would be the Lagos of today irrespective of the governor.

In conclusion, using HDI, there are definitely worse governors than Lagos state governors but you must be able to measure the ratio of the state’s history, factors of production, strategic location which all defines their ability to create revenue and then the revenue to the HDI. Lagos revenue is not matching human development at all.

Don't get me started on Tinubu's corruption allegations because I suspect it is the cause of the redundancies in human development in Lagos.
Re: Kashimbilla Hydroelectric Dam In Taraba Awaits Commissioning (Pictures) by tctrills: 11:01pm On Oct 28, 2022
Babysho:

This made me look up information on Addis Ababa light rail and apparently, they're in huge debt. I'm really shocked! They owe almost $500m to China export-import bank and they've only managed to make a profit of $12m at a running cost of $120m.

I can't even begin to imagine how much Lagos owes for the light rail because I'm pretty sure they've exceeded what they planned out in their feasibility study with inflation and all of that.

I think I understand. This shows that you cannot buy everything, sometimes you have to figure it out yourself.
It's just like a man who wants a wheel barrow to fetch clay to build a house. He goes to his neighbour's home who owns unlimited wheel barrows to buy one but the neighbour says the wheel barrow will cost him his house. He agrees to it and acquires the wheel barrow and completes his house and celebrates. But the neighbour steps in to take his house. Now his neighbour has unlimited wheel barrows and two houses while the man has just a wheel barrow and no house. He can't sleep inside a wheel barrow nau lol na mumu be that.
What he could have done is learn HOW TO BUILD his own wheel barrow.
So well spoken

1 Like

Re: Kashimbilla Hydroelectric Dam In Taraba Awaits Commissioning (Pictures) by Rostikol: 11:12pm On Oct 28, 2022
Idiko1:

Who in his/her sane mind would want to visit a structure maned by Nigerians? I shall never visit Taraba State as long as Nigerians supervise the dam.

So, what are you doing on a Nigerian forum, you parasite?

Get lost from here. Dirty maggot.
Re: Kashimbilla Hydroelectric Dam In Taraba Awaits Commissioning (Pictures) by Rostikol: 11:16pm On Oct 28, 2022
Corrinthians:
How come alo these were ongoing but the media guys in the presidency never told us about them?

From Zungeru to Niger Bridge to this. And I'm sure alot more we don't know about yet. Buhari has really done well. cool

BECAUSE THE NIGERIAN MEDIA ARE LAZY, USELESS AND ONLY SPECIALIZE IN REPORTING POLITICAL CONTROVERSIES AND 'BANDITS'. ETC...

AFTER ALL YOU CAN SIT IN YOUR OFFICE AND FILL YOUR NEWS WITH STUFF ABOUT 'BANDITS' AND POLITICAL GOSSIP.

GOING OUT TO INVESTIGATE AND CAPTURE PROJECTS LIKE THIS DAM MEANS THEY HAVE TO DO SOME ACTUAL LEGWORK, SO THEY DON'T DO IT.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Revolution Now Protest In Osun: Elderly Woman Brutalized By Police (Photo) / Breaking: Gombe Beats Kano State, As Unbelievable Crowd Grace Buhari's Rally / Primate Ayodele: Peter Obi Not Ordained To Be Nigeria's President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.