Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:01 AM

Kashimbilla Hydroelectric Dam In Taraba Awaits Commissioning (Pictures) - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kashimbilla Hydroelectric Dam In Taraba Awaits Commissioning (Pictures) (42973 Views)

Former President Jonathan To Commission Kashimbilla Dam, Airport / 40MW Kashimbilla Hydro-Power Plant Lights Up Taraba Community / FG To Commission 40MW Kashimbilla Hydropower Plant Soon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kashimbilla Hydroelectric Dam In Taraba Awaits Commissioning (Pictures) by adonaimart(m): 5:32pm On Oct 25, 2022
The project make sense but please know that dams and floods are 5&6
Re: Kashimbilla Hydroelectric Dam In Taraba Awaits Commissioning (Pictures) by SamOchuko: 5:32pm On Oct 25, 2022
tctrills:

Is his area not part of Nigeria? You would be a fool to think most areas in Nigeria have up to 16 hours of electricity per day

And my area is Cameroon, will you not be an idiot and a very big fool to conclude on what I think when you’re not me?
Re: Kashimbilla Hydroelectric Dam In Taraba Awaits Commissioning (Pictures) by Perfectbeing(m): 5:38pm On Oct 25, 2022
tctrills:

First, you make many errors.
Present-day Egypt is not the same as in the bible days. Only the name and geography are retained. The indigenes of ancient Egypt were not Arabs.

Secondly, how much Egypt is owing is not important in this discussion. We could check how much the US is owing or how much Japan is owing but that would not help the Nigerian case.

Now, this is what is important:
Nigeria's debt service-to-revenue ratio was up to 92 percent this year from 76 percent in 2021.
Let me explain what this means to you. It means that whenever Nigeria makes N100 we use N92 to service our debts then we spend the remaining N8. This is why we keep borrowing more and more to remain afloat.

In 2023 we would be spending more than 100% to service debt. Do you now understand why it is foolish to be looking at other countries as models for indebtedness?

Nigeria has to borrow to make the country beautiful enough for foreign investors to invest in the country.
Any disadvantage of borrowing is just a small price to pay for the Nigeria we all want.
Re: Kashimbilla Hydroelectric Dam In Taraba Awaits Commissioning (Pictures) by Timmi: 5:44pm On Oct 25, 2022
Nosayer:

On increment of poverty and hardship, they're unbeatable too.

At least, the APC increased the level of hardship in Nigeria to an astronomical level.

Since you’ve chosen to be blind to many infrastructural development even with photo/video documentation, let your wish of hardship be upon you. Those that wish bad will reap bad and those that wish good will eat the good of the land.

1 Like

Re: Kashimbilla Hydroelectric Dam In Taraba Awaits Commissioning (Pictures) by spinna: 5:54pm On Oct 25, 2022
The one abandoned in Iseyin for years is still rotting away there.. succession of evil leaders
Re: Kashimbilla Hydroelectric Dam In Taraba Awaits Commissioning (Pictures) by alimiadedayo1: 5:58pm On Oct 25, 2022
Moh247:
On infrastructure APC is still unbeatable

More projects to be commissioned

More needs to be done on Security
that is not special pdp has provide infrastructure for their good 16 years in government.. definitely there is no way a sitting government will not provide infrastructure whether they are good or bad but apc has increased the poverty index and insecurity which is painful

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kashimbilla Hydroelectric Dam In Taraba Awaits Commissioning (Pictures) by alimiadedayo1: 5:59pm On Oct 25, 2022
Moh247:

many of the infrastructure you have today was it not pdp that gave you from 1999 telecom many gas plants check it when they were established

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kashimbilla Hydroelectric Dam In Taraba Awaits Commissioning (Pictures) by samwash(m): 6:01pm On Oct 25, 2022
During the last days of Goodluck Jonathan, PDP commission a lots of projects, this is not an expectation.
We forgot so soon.
Be wise!!!
Re: Kashimbilla Hydroelectric Dam In Taraba Awaits Commissioning (Pictures) by CoolAmbience(m): 6:09pm On Oct 25, 2022
Moh247:

You can say that again.

Buhari has no match as far as infrastructural development is concerned since 1960.

As for security, I put the blame on the governors.

We all saw what Fayose did as well as what Zulum is doing.

Buhari has performed so well overall.
Re: Kashimbilla Hydroelectric Dam In Taraba Awaits Commissioning (Pictures) by Emmypure: 6:20pm On Oct 25, 2022
This dam was started during obasanjo regime, good luck continued and was finished by bihari.
Re: Kashimbilla Hydroelectric Dam In Taraba Awaits Commissioning (Pictures) by dannyville2(m): 6:24pm On Oct 25, 2022
Vixlot:
The Dam also has an airstrip

God Bless President Buhari
God Bless Incoming President Bola Tinubu
God Bless Taraba State
God Bless Federal Republic of Nigeria

Una no get head at all. Nothing join Buhari and kashimbila dam Abeg. Damn!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kashimbilla Hydroelectric Dam In Taraba Awaits Commissioning (Pictures) by tctrills: 6:32pm On Oct 25, 2022
Perfectbeing:
Nigeria has to borrow to make the country beautiful enough for foreign investors to invest in the country.
Any disadvantage of borrowing is just a small price to pay for the Nigeria we all want.
You keep getting it wrong. Investors are not looking for beauty, they are looking for value. If you think borrowing beyond your means is a small price then you need a lesson in financial education.
And what really do you understand by a small price? When all your income as a nation is going to servicing debt it's called bankruptcy.
Your currency would continue to be devalued, lenders would increase their rates and you don't even have enough for your police, universities, and hospitals.
Every single nation that borrowed beyond its reach ended in a bad place. This your principle of overindebtedness has never worked in any single nation. Please give a one example where your logic has worked
I hope it's now clear to you.
Re: Kashimbilla Hydroelectric Dam In Taraba Awaits Commissioning (Pictures) by tctrills: 6:32pm On Oct 25, 2022
SamOchuko:

And my area is Cameroon, will you not be an idiot and a very big fool to conclude on what I think when you’re not me?
Another angry one
Re: Kashimbilla Hydroelectric Dam In Taraba Awaits Commissioning (Pictures) by blueAgent(m): 6:38pm On Oct 25, 2022
BreconHills:

Deal with the facts. Which President has built the same amount of infrastructure? The closest was Gowon but PMB beats him by a square mile.

Give facts. You can't drag me to your level.

You are a joker.

I can argue with jokers.
Re: Kashimbilla Hydroelectric Dam In Taraba Awaits Commissioning (Pictures) by Corporate2020: 6:44pm On Oct 25, 2022
DMerciful:
All these meaningless propaganda projects that have zero impact on the standard of living of Nigerians won't save APC!

They keep talking about dams they built yet the country is covered with flood.

All of a sudden we start seeing completion of dams that nobody knows when they were started. Lies!

If electricity generation does not have impact on standard of living, is it the drugs your brothers are trafficking that has impact or the beer factory that Obituary wasted Anambra money on? You need psychiatric evaluation
Re: Kashimbilla Hydroelectric Dam In Taraba Awaits Commissioning (Pictures) by rizingsun(m): 6:49pm On Oct 25, 2022
[quote author=Vixlot post=117865049]The Dam also has an airstrip

God Bless Taraba State
God Bless Federal Republic of Nigeria[/quo

You have done well to appreciate the people named above and you did not deem it fit to also remember those with the brain trust to kick-start the project and funded it to the point of exiting from government. You can appreciate what it takes to do studies, impact assessment, drawings and supervisions, selecting project supervisors and executors.
Even identifying the project location to optimize the intended benefit viz power generation and agricultural potential in that axis. Please extend kudos to President Obassanjo - Yar' Adua - GEJ - Buhari in that order else you are not fair.
Re: Kashimbilla Hydroelectric Dam In Taraba Awaits Commissioning (Pictures) by OBJlive: 7:09pm On Oct 25, 2022
The Kashimbila Dam was conceived during the 2011 to 2015 time frame. Its objective is multipurpose. The first goal is to mitigate flooding which used to affect an estimated six million people in Taraba State, Benue State,
Cross River State , Kogi State and Delta State . The second goal is to provide drinking water to neighboring communities, with an estimated population of 400,000 people. The third goal is to provide clean electricity for use, primarily in Taraba State. The fourth objective is to provide water for irrigation to an estimated 3,000 hectares (12 sq mi). [8]
The energy generated at this power station is evacuated via a number of 33kV and 132kV high voltage transmission lines to locations where the electricity is integrated into the Nigerian electricity grid. The evacuation power lines and associated substations were bult new, as part of this development project.
It was conceived by Jonathan Administration
Re: Kashimbilla Hydroelectric Dam In Taraba Awaits Commissioning (Pictures) by Atarakpa: 7:29pm On Oct 25, 2022
Weirdcamila:
Nice . Why not make it a tourist attraction to earn more revenue. Nigeria needs creative thinkers and all the world will troop in to explore Nigeria .
That time we can start banning some countries
we will start with UAE. Ghana. U.S.A then others follow
Re: Kashimbilla Hydroelectric Dam In Taraba Awaits Commissioning (Pictures) by COMPAQ(m): 7:29pm On Oct 25, 2022
Mrkindness:
Why people too deh lie. This very Kashimbila that work stop since how many years ?

Be educated and receive sense! There is a difference between Kashimbilla Dam and Mambilla dam which has not started.
Re: Kashimbilla Hydroelectric Dam In Taraba Awaits Commissioning (Pictures) by Mrkindness: 7:34pm On Oct 25, 2022
COMPAQ:

Be educated and receive sense! There is a difference between Kashimbilla Dam and Mambilla dam which has not started.
I stays Takum you can't tell me about Kashimbila Dam here
Re: Kashimbilla Hydroelectric Dam In Taraba Awaits Commissioning (Pictures) by Karlosorji(m): 8:37pm On Oct 25, 2022
Vixlot:
The Dam also has an airstrip

God Bless Taraba State
God Bless Federal Republic of Nigeria
Tinubu can never be president. We have better people.
Re: Kashimbilla Hydroelectric Dam In Taraba Awaits Commissioning (Pictures) by bizzibodi(m): 9:05pm On Oct 25, 2022
What do they need an airstrip for?
Re: Kashimbilla Hydroelectric Dam In Taraba Awaits Commissioning (Pictures) by emorse(m): 9:16pm On Oct 25, 2022
Kasssandra:

the way we do it here, we set prices way below the cost of producing power, and then struggle to pay a subsidy to cover the resulting losses.

US may control prices, but they don't force their power companies to supply power below what it cost them to produce it.

I'm glad that you agree that price control is not really as bad thing.

Now, as regards cost of generating power, take a look at the screenshot and link below.

https://www.e-education.psu.edu/eme801/node/530

Operating costs (fuel, labour and maintenance) is at most $0.1/kWh. That's about N42/kWh. They sell to us at N56/kWh. That's some profit don't you think? What were they really subsidising if not the regular corruption which is present in almost every sector? How come they "silently" removed subsidy earlier this year and we didn't even flinch?

Anyway, let's take the figures from the PWC report (they obviously know more than I do) that says they have to sell at around N80/kWh to make some decent profit. Are we not paying multiples of that figure as a result of estimated billing already? You and I have both heared testimonies of people who acquired prepaid meters and instantly cut their power bills by as much as two thirds without even trying. Where has the excess revenue been going to? Could that be the reason why they are trying really hard to frustrate every effort at metering all their customers?

You see bro, we can keep going back and forth on this issue but I can assure you that we will not get anywhere until the sector is sanitised by proper metering.

Re: Kashimbilla Hydroelectric Dam In Taraba Awaits Commissioning (Pictures) by TotalRunter: 9:31pm On Oct 25, 2022
FalseProphet1:
Power generation has dropped, it was great around August and part of September, but now, since Sunday we haven't seen light in my area.

Nigeria is truly a shit hole.

This I have seen.

How many times do they have to explain that 90% of the time the problem is distribution and not generation?
Re: Kashimbilla Hydroelectric Dam In Taraba Awaits Commissioning (Pictures) by adebambo13d: 9:47pm On Oct 25, 2022
Power generation has dropped, it was great around August and part of September, but now, since Sunday we haven't seen light in my area.Nigeria is truly a shit hole.This I have seen.Power generation has dropped, it was great around August and part of September, but now, since Sunday we haven't seen light in my area.Nigeria is truly a shit hole.This I have seen....
Re: Kashimbilla Hydroelectric Dam In Taraba Awaits Commissioning (Pictures) by gerber404(m): 9:51pm On Oct 25, 2022
Moh247:

And very good in changing a rotten situation to a bad one.
Re: Kashimbilla Hydroelectric Dam In Taraba Awaits Commissioning (Pictures) by ashir24910: 10:16pm On Oct 25, 2022
Nice one
Re: Kashimbilla Hydroelectric Dam In Taraba Awaits Commissioning (Pictures) by Melagros(m): 10:17pm On Oct 25, 2022
Mrkindness:
Why people too deh lie. This very Kashimbila that work stop since how many years ?
My brother me I too want ask them
Re: Kashimbilla Hydroelectric Dam In Taraba Awaits Commissioning (Pictures) by tctrills: 10:32pm On Oct 25, 2022
Perfectbeing:
I just remembered one more thing.
Greece, Spain, and Italy what do they have in common? They are super beautiful places. They are among the top 12 visited countries yet they mess up their economies due to excessive debt.
Investors are not rushing to these countries. So the idea that you need to go broke from borrowing just to make your country beautiful for investors is naive and childish.
Investors care about only 2 things, security and profit and Nigeria has neither of these. We are rated 131 in the ease of doing business and one of the least safe nations on earth.
Re: Kashimbilla Hydroelectric Dam In Taraba Awaits Commissioning (Pictures) by Babisha10(m): 11:06pm On Oct 25, 2022
Mrkindness:
Oga the work has been completed as we speak people from that area are currently enjoying 24hrs electricity

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Breaking: Gombe Beats Kano State, As Unbelievable Crowd Grace Buhari's Rally / Revolution Now Protest In Osun: Elderly Woman Brutalized By Police (Photo) / Primate Ayodele: Peter Obi Not Ordained To Be Nigeria's President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.