Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:25 AM

Kashimbilla Hydroelectric Dam In Taraba Awaits Commissioning (Pictures) - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kashimbilla Hydroelectric Dam In Taraba Awaits Commissioning (Pictures) (42972 Views)

Former President Jonathan To Commission Kashimbilla Dam, Airport / 40MW Kashimbilla Hydro-Power Plant Lights Up Taraba Community / FG To Commission 40MW Kashimbilla Hydropower Plant Soon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kashimbilla Hydroelectric Dam In Taraba Awaits Commissioning (Pictures) by Rostikol: 11:22pm On Oct 28, 2022
tctrills:

The Nigerian government had a revenue of 9 billion dollars last year while the Government of Egypt had a revenue of 67 billion dollars....

Source of information please?

Any links?

Or you just pulled these figures out of your asss?
Re: Kashimbilla Hydroelectric Dam In Taraba Awaits Commissioning (Pictures) by Perfectbeing(m): 11:58pm On Oct 28, 2022
Babysho:

I see.

The economic development you see in Lagos today is as result of a something called OPPRESSIVE CAPITALISM that was kickstarted in Lagos when Nigeria was a colony. The same reason why Europeans chose to exploit Nigeria through Lagos, is the same reason why foreign investment troop into Lagos; it’s strategic location - which has now given it economic history. And this has nothing to do with the governors. Whatever development you see in Lagos is private.

For the government, one of the tools in which we can measure government performance is HDI. The tax from the private sector/foreign investment can be used to improve human development through life expectancy, standard of living and education. If you live in Lagos, you’d know that all of these are terrible. Life expectancy is 61 years(difficulty in transport, traffic gridlocks, insecurity etc), standard of living of the proletariat is low(no housing, no water), the sch system is so bad, public sch teachers don’t send their own kids to public schools. Concerning healthcare, Tinubu still flies out for basic check up. What Tinubu knows how to do best is find the loopholes in govt.

If Abia, Zamfara or Benue was in that location, they would be the Lagos of today irrespective of the governor.

In conclusion, using HDI, there are definitely worse governors than Lagos state governors but you must be able to measure the ratio of the state’s history, factors of production, strategic location which all defines their ability to create revenue and then the revenue to the HDI. Lagos revenue is not matching human development at all.

Don't get me started on Tinubu's corruption allegations because I suspect it is the cause of the redundancies in human development in Lagos.

All those things you wrote up there are rubbish..

If you believe Peter Obi was a better governor than Tinubu, then there's no need arguing with you.
Farewell.
Re: Kashimbilla Hydroelectric Dam In Taraba Awaits Commissioning (Pictures) by tctrills: 1:08am On Oct 29, 2022
Rostikol:

Source of information please?

Any links?

Or you just pulled these figures out of your asss?

Please don't be a lazy ass. These are not hidden figures. It's so irritating when a young person is asking for a link he could very easily google.
In case of next time, this is how to find info.
Google Nigeria's revenue for 2021. You would probably get figures in Naira then on another window of your computer, convert the figure to dollars. You are welcome.
And because I know you would still be lazy to do the research, please find the energy to click this link. https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/10/fg-generates-73-of-its-targeted-revenue-for-2021/
Re: Kashimbilla Hydroelectric Dam In Taraba Awaits Commissioning (Pictures) by Babysho(m): 1:55am On Oct 29, 2022
Perfectbeing:
All those things you wrote up there are rubbish..

If you believe Peter Obi was a better governor than Tinubu, then there's no need arguing with you.
Farewell.

It is not rubbish, it's your country's economic history and it's in a book. I totally understand where you're coming from, you also want the best for our country like I do but if you're not careful, you'll miss it!

Concerning Tinubu, Eko Atlantic is a very laudable initiative but it still doesn’t do anything for you and I. It only puts more money in the govt pocket but that revenue needs to go into quality schools, important infrastructure, affordable housing, into us! I hope you understand what I’m driving at.

Concerning free education? It’s a facade. You dare not take your own kids to public schools. You don’t even know how much good education cost in the west.

Infrastructure is lacking heavily for a population of 20m. Have you seen the wait time at the BRT? It’s insanity. There is no reason why we shouldn’t already be using rail like Addis Ababa of 5m population and even lesser revenue. It takes only 7 years to complete even complicated subway systems in saner cities.

Concerning Tinubu's IGR? Lollll!! No city in the world uses IGR to brag. It’s mostly just tax! Let me explain what Tinubu’s IGR meant. He increased tax on individuals and private companies which are mostly foreign companies. In turn, these companies simply increased the cost of their services and products they were offering poor Lagosians. These meant Lagosians had to work harder which reduces HDI, BUT this is not a bad initiative, ONLY IF the proceeds of the tax is used to increase the standard of living of the proletariat which Tinubu did not do as seen in the HDI, in our lives.

If you really want to see Lagosians' standard of living for what it is, quit looking at the flashy things like the G Wagonz of oil companies CEOs in Lekki/VI or the things you strived to acquire yourself and then look at how LASG has helped you protect these things.
Re: Kashimbilla Hydroelectric Dam In Taraba Awaits Commissioning (Pictures) by Perfectbeing(m): 7:08am On Oct 29, 2022
Babysho:

It is not rubbish, it's your country's economic history and it's in a book. I totally understand where you're coming from, you also want the best for our country like I do but if you're not careful, you'll miss it!

Concerning Tinubu, Eko Atlantic is a very laudable initiative but it still doesn’t do anything for you and I. It only puts more money in the govt pocket but that revenue needs to go into quality schools, important infrastructure, affordable housing, into us! I hope you understand what I’m driving at.

Concerning free education? It’s a facade. You dare not take your own kids to public schools. You don’t even know how much good education cost in the west.

Infrastructure is lacking heavily for a population of 20m. Have you seen the wait time at the BRT? It’s insanity. There is no reason why we shouldn’t already be using rail like Addis Ababa of 5m population and even lesser revenue. It takes only 7 years to complete even complicated subway systems in saner cities.

Concerning Tinubu's IGR? Lollll!! No city in the world uses IGR to brag. It’s mostly just tax! Let me explain what Tinubu’s IGR meant. He increased tax on individuals and private companies which are mostly foreign companies. In turn, these companies simply increased the cost of their services and products they were offering poor Lagosians. These meant Lagosians had to work harder which reduces HDI, BUT this is not a bad initiative, ONLY IF the proceeds of the tax is used to increase the standard of living of the proletariat which Tinubu did not do as seen in the HDI, in our lives.

If you really want to see Lagosians' standard of living for what it is, quit looking at the flashy things like the G Wagonz of oil companies CEOs in Lekki/VI or the things you strived to acquire yourself and then look at how LASG has helped you protect these things.
A man that said education is not for the poor can't be compared to Tinubu who provided free education.
Re: Kashimbilla Hydroelectric Dam In Taraba Awaits Commissioning (Pictures) by Babysho(m): 9:32am On Oct 29, 2022
Perfectbeing:
A man that said education is not for the poor can't be compared to Tinubu who provided free education.

It's these type of facades I'm talking about. There's no such thing as free education. Countries in Europe, their governments pump billions of Euros from tax collected into education. Even in USA, students run into debt just to get educated.

If your kids' school was free in Nigeria, you'd not send them there. Besides, in my opinion, it's also a strategic incentive to make students work harder knowing it's coming from their parents' pocket directly and I think it yielded results.

In conclusion, Obi just strikes us as someone who is willing to work for us all and we need that.
Re: Kashimbilla Hydroelectric Dam In Taraba Awaits Commissioning (Pictures) by Perfectbeing(m): 8:24pm On Oct 29, 2022
Babysho:

It's these type of facades I'm talking about. There's no such thing as free education. Countries in Europe, their governments pump billions of Euros from tax collected into education. Even in USA, students run into debt just to get educated.

If your kids' school was free in Nigeria, you'd not send them there. Besides, in my opinion, it's also a strategic incentive to make students work harder knowing it's coming from their parents' pocket directly and I think it yielded results.

In conclusion, Obi just strikes us as someone who is willing to work for us all and we need that.

Would you have justified Tinubu if he had said education isn't for the poor?

Didn't Umahi made the same statement earlier this year and you Obidients were insulting his life?

Same way you insulted Keyamo when he made the same statement..

I've said it before, that if Peter Obi win by some miracle, he would do exactly the same thing Buhari is doing, eg. take loans, pay subsidies (if Buhari doesn't end it before handover), increase price of fuel, send money to Niger for their security, continue and complete the railway to Niger Republic, continue the bogus allowance to the senate and HOR, ASUU etc.. But you guys will still support him. You would defend him and say, didn't Buhari also do it?

I myself know that good education isn't cheap.
I always use to defend the school fees of Private schools and universities owned by Churches like Covenant univeristy.
But for a Governor to increase school fees from N30,000 to over N130,000 and tell the people that education isn't for the poor, that's indefensible. Peter Obi goofed there.
I'm sure you would never defend Buhari if he increased the school fees of all federal universities so good education can be provided.
You would never have defended Tinubu if he increased the school fees of LASU by over 1000% and tell Lagosians that education is not for the poor.
Re: Kashimbilla Hydroelectric Dam In Taraba Awaits Commissioning (Pictures) by Konquest: 10:25am On Feb 08
Vixlot:
Kashimbilla Hydroelectric Dam in Taraba state is set for Commissioning as the airstrip is completed.

https://twitter.com/StFreakingKezy/status/1584870468045053953
Bump.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Revolution Now Protest In Osun: Elderly Woman Brutalized By Police (Photo) / Breaking: Gombe Beats Kano State, As Unbelievable Crowd Grace Buhari's Rally / Primate Ayodele: Peter Obi Not Ordained To Be Nigeria's President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.