Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,668 members, 7,816,749 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:18 PM

Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone (30353 Views)

What Does It Mean For An Iphone To Be Chipped Locked / The First Lady To Own An Iphone X In Nigeria (Photos) / Apple Fired An Iphone X Engineer After His Daughter Hands-on Video Turned Viral (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by MansoryMX(m): 12:55pm On Oct 26, 2022
ruggedtimi:
when my apple music sub expired all my songs disappeared.. since then i stopped buying iphone

Apple Music! Who still use apple music. I use Total app for my music even if I change my phone all my music stays as long as I sign in my iCloud
Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by ruggedtimi(m): 12:55pm On Oct 26, 2022
sofiscatedmoron:
Iphone has a nice design,that's all,
Although they have started copying android design
no andriod copies from iphone
Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by Nobody: 12:56pm On Oct 26, 2022
immortalcrown:
iPhone has value. It is very rugged and durable.

Any day I have enough money to get a Samsung phone and an iPhone, I will get an iPhone. I am not saying iPhone is the best brand of smart phones. But I know iPhone truly has value. iPhone is the most rugged brand of smart phones. With severely crack screen, it can still work. iPhone 7 and later versions of iPhone are water and dust resistant. Android is more vulnerable to virus and hack. Apart from Samsung, no other brand of phone has OS and camera quality that can challenge iPhone. Counter these points with facts, if you claim iPhone has no value.

Those who claim iPhone is overhyped are either ignorant of iPhone features or those people are indirectly expressing jealousy for iPhone owners. It is true that most Nigerians who use iPhone choose the brand just to brag, they don't need and cannot utilize up to 60% of iPhone features. Yet they buy iPhones just for show off. But it doesn't mean iPhone is not wonderful.

The only reason I don't have iPhone now is because I don't want iPhone as my only phone and I cannot afford two quality phones now. iPhone is very expensive to acquire and maintain. This is why many iPhone users in Nigeria use Android charger (many of you call it charger head) for their iPhones. grin Some of them can't even buy Apple USB cable (many of you know it as Apple Chord). They always borrow the cable or try to steal the cable. grin Most of those Nigerians can't even afford to pay for Apple music. grin Most of them use Oraimo headphones for the iPhones grin Oraimo is not bad but combining it with iPhone is like using Toyota rim for Benz. grin

I, as a guy that is yet to be rich, don't want iPhone as my only phone because of my environment and what I do with my smart phone. I don't have an Apple laptop for quick and smooth sharing of files between an iPhone and my laptop. My laptop is Windows. Snapdrop for iOS and Android does not work as well as airdrop for iOS and iOS. And I cannot afford to use internet data (subscription) for everything. Otherwise, I would have bought an iPhone and use cloud storage space to share files between my Windows laptop and my iPhone. Also most of the people around me use Windows and Android and I constantly share files with those people. This is why I have been using Samsung for years. I have bought at least 3 different Samsung phones for myself. The last one I got cost almost 300k and I know I can use less than that amount to get a used iPhone 12. If I want iPhone as my only phone, I could have gotten one already.

so all this talk just cos of iPhone

3 Likes

Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by Veezy4u(m): 12:56pm On Oct 26, 2022
Whether it makes sense or not, get one and it unlocks the password or most naija babes. If you doubt me bring your sistergrin

Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by victorazy(m): 12:57pm On Oct 26, 2022
Athemisia:

Exactly! Gold not iPhone.

Oga na adage I give you
Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by Buzx: 12:58pm On Oct 26, 2022
Sammy07:

Na people like you go Dey wear agbada on top English dress lol.

Lemme grin

For person way dey say, "Android charger." I no go surprise if you call Jeep a type of car.

1 Like

Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by Athemisia: 12:59pm On Oct 26, 2022
MansoryMX:

If you want to enjoy a virus free device that doesn’t hang due to RAM issue in almost android phones (including Samsung) then buy an iPhone. It’s not for showoff but simply the best phone device out there
The word best is relative.
Can you locate a .doc file in iPhone? Very easy to locate in Android.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by Athemisia: 1:00pm On Oct 26, 2022
victorazy:

Oga na adage I give you
Baba na adage I reply you.
Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by airsaylongcome: 1:01pm On Oct 26, 2022
salem1996:

Charger na charger. I once buy iPhone charger to charge my earpod, meeeen, that charger na complete werey grin, i for use my 1500 chop pug meat that night sef angry

I no even know where i throway am sef, i for do giveaway for iPhone lovers as e be say me na Samsung boy. Allow that guy to talk, shebi him done use Type C charger and see how good it is compared to iPhone chargers?

All chargers have cheap but overrated versions (APC version)

All chargers have good and durable chargers ( PDP version)

All chargers have classic and standard versions (make i no mention the party to avoid suicide and anger) embarassed

Omo! Apple charger for ₦1500?!

1 Like

Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by Athemisia: 1:01pm On Oct 26, 2022
ruggedtimi:
when my apple music sub expired all my songs disappeared.. since then i stopped buying iphone
Whereas on Android, you can even hack audiomack and get the music files directly into your phone.

1 Like

Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by Buzx: 1:02pm On Oct 26, 2022
MansoryMX:

If you want to enjoy a virus free device that doesn’t hang due to RAM issue in almost android phones (including Samsung) then buy an iPhone. It’s not for showoff but simply the best phone device out there

You definitely don't know the difference between virus and malware. And you're kidding if you think iPhones doesn't hang.

6 Likes

Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by SouthSouth1914: 1:04pm On Oct 26, 2022
immortalcrown:
You argue with sentiment. I argue with facts. I am not saying iPhone is the best brand of smart phones. But I know iPhone truly has value. iPhone is the most rugged brand of smart phones. With severely crack screen, it can still work. iPhone 7 and later versions of iPhone are water and dust resistant. Android is more vulnerable to virus and hack. Apart from Samsung, no other brand of phone has OS and camera quality that can challenge iPhone. Counter these points with facts, if you claim iPhone has no value.

iPhone retired the blackberry! That’s how important the iPhone truly is.
Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by micoloP(m): 1:05pm On Oct 26, 2022
ben1daEbiri:

There's so much ignorance in your post. I agree the apple ecosystem is good but Samsung and Microsoft also have seamless connection while working with files. I can be working on a file on my Samsung phone and continue with it on any windows laptop and vice versa. Galaxy gears work seamlessly too this same way apple watch work with airpords and all. My point is you shouldn't make it seem like only apple products are capable of these but I must admit the apple ecosystem is very good.

Aside second hand selling value and nice camera, IPhone is just an expensive toy.. I’m typing this with an iphone

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by budusky05(m): 1:07pm On Oct 26, 2022
Yes it makes sense buying an iphone, Thats if you have the money else buy tecno its Phone also
Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by Jaflex07(m): 1:12pm On Oct 26, 2022
GraceunIimtedd:
iPhone rocks for what kind of business
Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by victorazy(m): 1:12pm On Oct 26, 2022
Athemisia:

Baba na adage I reply you.

Ok sir.

Congrat
Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by Jaflex07(m): 1:12pm On Oct 26, 2022
GraceunIimtedd:
iPhone rocks for what kind of business
YAHOO

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by Athemisia: 1:14pm On Oct 26, 2022
PAQ:

An iphone is like a Toyota brand, look at the 2003 - 2006 Corolla, selling for as much as 3mill. More than some luxury cars of same year but not really better.

Afterall said, i am still a die-hard Android fanboy. There is this freedom and innovation Android brings that Apple cant.
Your last sentence is the real deal �.
Only Tech guys will understand.

4 Likes

Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by meobizy(f): 1:16pm On Oct 26, 2022
Una don come again with poverty mentality. Lowlifes.
Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by micoloP(m): 1:20pm On Oct 26, 2022
Athemisia:

Your last sentence is the real deal �.
Only Tech guys will understand.

Guy, I can’t access files easily on apple from file manager. iPhone will only serve as camera phone to me and nothing else . Na children they use iPhone show off sef

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by Athemisia: 1:20pm On Oct 26, 2022
HomeTutorsPro:
One man's pant is another man's pampers.
Trust me, some of those people using expensive iPhones don't have 5k in their account.
They either got it as a gift after so many strapping, or they used their entire savings to buy the phone just for the shows.
Is not about who get money pass.
Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by Fearyourcreator: 1:22pm On Oct 26, 2022
oz4real83:
apart from that, the guy doesn't also know that there are Android phones that are more expensive than iPhones. He\she thinks that the only Android phones are itel, infinix, Tecno and Xaiomi, he forgot that Samsung ultra series are very expensive, Samsung fold series are also very expensive, OnePlus and some many other high-end Android phones are in the market.
Google pixel madt...
Iphone is ahead with the OS they own and processor... After that many flagship android are crazy mehn... Flagship from oneplus xaiomi OPPO Motorola are really on point... Huawei should have been leading the market ... But Trump saved apple with that ban ... If not ...

2 Likes

Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by Athemisia: 1:22pm On Oct 26, 2022
micoloP:

Guy, I can’t access files easily on apple from file manager. iPhone will only serve as camera phone to me and nothing else . Na children they use iPhone show off sef
That's main reason I don't rate an iPhone.
Simple file manager wey the cheapest Android get no dey for the most expensive iPhone.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by Grandmeister(m): 1:24pm On Oct 26, 2022
immortalcrown:
iPhone has value. It is very rugged and durable.

Any day I have enough money to get a Samsung phone and an iPhone, I will get an iPhone. I am not saying iPhone is the best brand of smart phones. But I know iPhone truly has value. iPhone is the most rugged brand of smart phones. With severely crack screen, it can still work. iPhone 7 and later versions of iPhone are water and dust resistant. Android is more vulnerable to virus and hack. Apart from Samsung, no other brand of phone has OS and camera quality that can challenge iPhone. Counter these points with facts, if you claim iPhone has no value.

Those who claim iPhone is overhyped are either ignorant of iPhone features or those people are indirectly expressing jealousy for iPhone owners. It is true that most Nigerians who use iPhone choose the brand just to brag, they don't need and cannot utilize up to 60% of iPhone features. Yet they buy iPhones just for show off. But it doesn't mean iPhone is not wonderful.

The only reason I don't have iPhone now is because I don't want iPhone as my only phone and I cannot afford two quality phones now. iPhone is very expensive to acquire and maintain. This is why many iPhone users in Nigeria use Android charger (many of you call it charger head) for their iPhones. grin Some of them can't even buy Apple USB cable (many of you know it as Apple Chord). They always borrow the cable or try to steal the cable. grin Most of those Nigerians can't even afford to pay for Apple music. grin Most of them use Oraimo headphones for the iPhones grin Oraimo is not bad but combining it with iPhone is like using Toyota rim for Benz. grin

I, as a guy that is yet to be rich, don't want iPhone as my only phone because of my environment and what I do with my smart phone. I don't have an Apple laptop for quick and smooth sharing of files between an iPhone and my laptop. My laptop is Windows. Snapdrop for iOS and Android does not work as well as airdrop for iOS and iOS. And I cannot afford to use internet data (subscription) for everything. Otherwise, I would have bought an iPhone and use cloud storage space to share files between my Windows laptop and my iPhone. Also most of the people around me use Windows and Android and I constantly share files with those people. This is why I have been using Samsung for years. I have bought at least 3 different Samsung phones for myself. The last one I got cost almost 300k and I know I can use less than that amount to get a used iPhone 12. If I want iPhone as my only phone, I could have gotten one already.
Iphone is actually cheaper to maintain. The screens are cheaper, the battery is cheaper, infact the parts are easily changeable and cheaper and also available.
Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by Athemisia: 1:24pm On Oct 26, 2022
meobizy:
Una don come again with poverty mentality. Lowlifes.
If you no get iPhone no mean say you no get money.
Even Bill Gate no get iPhone.

1 Like

Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by occfx: 1:25pm On Oct 26, 2022
Autobot05:

My iPhone 12 got stolen on Sunday lol
That's when I realized this ... stay away from crypto at least for now

Ha, if I have money now I will acquire more crypto. I just want to buy as many as possible and wait for 2025
Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by womenareapezz: 1:25pm On Oct 26, 2022
immortalcrown:
I never mentioned USB C anywhere in my post. I said Apple USB cable. Read it again. Doesn't iPhone have USB cable?

You people wrongly call cable charger. Many iPhone users in Nigeria combine Apple USB cable and Android charger to charge iPhone. Is it because I didn't say charger head? Okay, that thing you call charger head is what I am talking about. Many Nigerians that own iPhone use Android charge head to charge their iPhones.
oga, I just won tell you say you no get sense at all! undecided

Which one be android charger and iPhone charger again? undecided

Charger na charger mumu!
As long as the type of charger dey produce the required voltage and watt for that particular phone. It will work well be it iPhone charger or android charger

Once again! Oga you be mumu I swear! Do you know that charger got automatic voltage and watt regulatory system? undecided

I can use my Samsung 60watt charger to charge my iPhone of 18watt required to charge my iPhone!
The iPhone will just take it required 18watt out of the 60watt charger and the charger will automatically adjust base on the phone undecided

Na illeterate and plain stupidity mixed retard dey disturb some of you here

4 Likes

Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by Dabillion: 1:25pm On Oct 26, 2022
You said it all bro, please educate the broke unbelievers
truthCoder:
Apple sells an ecosystem.

You own an iphone, a MacBook pro, an apple watch, airpods pro and maybe an ipad.

When you own these devices and all connected to the same icloud account, you would understand the beauty of the ecosystem.

Android and Windows PC users will never understand how an ecosystem works until they experience it.

People who say apple devices don’t have value possibly dont know what value means or have no idea about how productivity can be increased if all your devices belong to an ecosystem.

You take a picture on your phone and it is available on your pc. Or you are working on a document on your ipad and it is there on your phone.

Or you are listening to music on your laptop via your airpods, you pick stand up to go outside to buy eggs and the music continues via your Apple Watch to stream into your airpods.

Your messages come to all devices. Then you have full device tracking prevention plus the best privacy any system can offer for free.

Many years ago, before I understood the apple ecosystem, i always yabbed apple too. Until i got my first iphone and I noticed that it was not obtrusive, then i got a MacBook pro and i saw the light. It was a rude awakening.

There is a reason why most prodictive-minded people currently use Apple.

For over 10 years, intel stagnated on processor design, just repolishing same specs, albeit increasing efficiency. Apple left old intel at the car park and went to develop their own silicon and revolutionized the industry with the M1 chip.

Apple is in its own corner. Hate all you want. Nemo dat quod non habet.

1 Like

Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by Fearyourcreator: 1:26pm On Oct 26, 2022
truthCoder:
Apple sells an ecosystem.

You own an iphone, a MacBook pro, an apple watch, airpods pro and maybe an ipad.

When you own these devices and all connected to the same icloud account, you would understand the beauty of the ecosystem.

Android and Windows PC users will never understand how an ecosystem works until they experience it.

People who say apple devices don’t have value possibly dont know what value means or have no idea about how productivity can be increased if all your devices belong to an ecosystem.

You take a picture on your phone and it is available on your pc. Or you are working on a document on your ipad and it is there on your phone.

Or you are listening to music on your laptop via your airpods, you pick stand up to go outside to buy eggs and the music continues via your Apple Watch to stream into your airpods.

Your messages come to all devices. Then you have full device tracking prevention plus the best privacy any system can offer for free.

Many years ago, before I understood the apple ecosystem, i always yabbed apple too. Until i got my first iphone and I noticed that it was not obtrusive, then i got a MacBook pro and i saw the light. It was a rude awakening.

There is a reason why most prodictive-minded people currently use Apple.

For over 10 years, intel stagnated on processor design, just repolishing same specs, albeit increasing efficiency. Apple left old intel at the car park and went to develop their own silicon and revolutionized the industry with the M1 chip.

Apple is in its own corner. Hate all you want. Nemo dat quod non habet.
You shouldn't be in an ecosystem to enjoy your device... Buy one and enjoy...

1 Like

Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by Cuteamigo1(m): 1:36pm On Oct 26, 2022
Meandmycrew:
IPhone users please share your experience about the device , does it really worth it?
I've used an iPhone before but since I started using Sony experia Android phones, I've not really missed iphone and this are my reasons. 1- they are too expensive even if you are getting an old model.
2- this is the most annoying for me, why the hell does Apple have the right to make my phone obsolete. The moment your phone is dropped from receiving new IOS update and the app developers stop supporting the version you are on, the phone can no longer support that app and your phone becomes boring as hell.

My experia is five years old and the fact that I don't have to worry about missing out on any of my favorite app means I won't be changing it anytime soon.

2 Likes

Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by erico2k2(m): 1:37pm On Oct 26, 2022
Meandmycrew:
IPhone users please share your experience about the device , does it really worth it?
No it dont.
waste of money for me.
Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by Fearyourcreator: 1:39pm On Oct 26, 2022
ben1daEbiri:

There's so much ignorance in your post. I agree the apple ecosystem is good but Samsung and Microsoft also have seamless connection while working with files. I can be working on a file on my Samsung phone and continue with it on any windows laptop and vice versa. Galaxy gears work seamlessly too this same way apple watch work with airpords and all. My point is you shouldn't make it seem like only apple products are capable of these but I must admit the apple ecosystem is very good.
Was about to say this... They have been in the software industry for long than their competitor... Been long in the game is an advantage... Imagine if Samsung owns windows and Android... Apple wont be able to come close

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

I Accidentally Sent Airtime To A Wrong Number / What's The Funniest Wrong Number Text/call You've Ever Gotten? / ICT In Nigeria VS Kenya. Nigerian Youths And Inferiority Complex.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.