Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,716 members, 7,816,947 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:52 PM

I Went Off Drugs, Now This - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Went Off Drugs, Now This (3409 Views)

Help! I Told Her I Have Headache, She Gave Me Drugs, Now My Pen*s Is So Hard / I Went Through My Son’s Phone (see Screenshots) / A Friend Found Anti-HIV Drugs In Her Boyfriend's House, Ladies Please Be Careful (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Went Off Drugs, Now This by Joystic: 3:42pm On Oct 26, 2022
Guys, I laid off this drug I've been hooked on for years and I know for certain I'm never going back after a life altering experience.
Now, the thing is I've lost my enthusiasm. I can't feel excitement, my mojo is low as I'm always in a state of lethargy.

Will this pass? It's been two months and its really affecting me because people, inluding my family and girlfriends are always asking if I'm alright.
Re: I Went Off Drugs, Now This by Lucifyre: 3:47pm On Oct 26, 2022
What's the drug? How long were u addicted for? What where the withdrawal symptoms like? How long did they last? What was ur dosage while addicted. U might hv PAWS. Post Acute Withdrawal Symptoms. Depression is a sign.

7 Likes

Re: I Went Off Drugs, Now This by Nobody: 3:49pm On Oct 26, 2022
There are different stages of drug withdrawal syndromes. Trust me, you made the right step by saying no to drugs.
You're going to be all right. By the way, what type of drug is it?

6 Likes

Re: I Went Off Drugs, Now This by Natbrowny: 3:54pm On Oct 26, 2022
Its just a phase.

Your brain is still resetting. So the people u mentioned its affecting was bound to happen.

Know this - BE IN CONTROL.. u have never been obviously, the drug has.

Good luck papi.

6 Likes

Re: I Went Off Drugs, Now This by Nobody: 3:59pm On Oct 26, 2022
Joystic:
Guys, I laid off this drug I've been hooked on for years and I know for certain I'm never going back after a life altering experience.
Now, the thing is I've lost my enthusiasm. I can't feel excitement, my mojo is low as I'm always in a state of lethargy.

Will this pass? It's been two months and its really affecting me because people, inluding my family and girlfriends are always asking if I'm alright.

bro calm down...i will giv u one of my babe for free: Lima98. her wahala too much so i dont want am no more.
Lima98.. she will sort u sir (((THANK ME LATER))) wink

Lima98, babe I need u hear please cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Went Off Drugs, Now This by Joystic: 4:03pm On Oct 26, 2022
Lucifyre:
What's the drug? How long were u addicted for? What where the withdrawal symptoms like? How long did they last? What was ur dosage while addicted. U might hv PAWS. Post Acute Withdrawal Symptoms. Depression is a sign.

I won't mention the name so as not to advertise it.

I was hooked for 8years. Withdrawal symptoms are basically what I mentioned in the OP. Oh and excessive sweating, severe dehydration, lack of energy, high eye sensitivity to light, light headedness and dizziness.. You mentioned depression too.

These symptoms are still there after two months but some have subsided.

The lethargy is what I really wish could go away.

Dosage? Lol, definitely everyday sturvs bro

1 Like

Re: I Went Off Drugs, Now This by YeyeGbami: 4:05pm On Oct 26, 2022
You no wan mention the drug, how people wan con help you.

5 Likes

Re: I Went Off Drugs, Now This by Joystic: 4:12pm On Oct 26, 2022
Olasyke:
There are different stages of drug withdrawal syndromes. Trust me, you made the right step by saying no to drugs.
You're going to be all right. By the way, what type of drug is it?

Thanks bro.
I was hoping I won't have to mention the name
Re: I Went Off Drugs, Now This by Joystic: 4:12pm On Oct 26, 2022
Natbrowny:
Its just a phase.

Your brain is still resetting. So the people u mentioned its affecting was bound to happen.

Know this - BE IN CONTROL.. u have never been obviously, the drug has.

Good luck papi.

Thanks brother
Re: I Went Off Drugs, Now This by Joystic: 4:14pm On Oct 26, 2022
YeyeGbami:
You no wan mention the drug, how people wan con help you.

Lolzz, I've listed my symptoms here if you want to help. Abi you want experiment? grin

1 Like

Re: I Went Off Drugs, Now This by silvoclaira: 4:24pm On Oct 26, 2022
It Will pass.
Re: I Went Off Drugs, Now This by Hed0nist: 4:33pm On Oct 26, 2022
Either ice or crack. Both stimulants. Another close bet would be trams. Can’t be weed. Weed makes you lethargic, abstinence does the opposite.

Last last, all drugs are bad. You may not notice it in the short term but eventually it catches up. Except in extremely rare cases one is always better off having never tried drugs.

9 Likes

Re: I Went Off Drugs, Now This by Autobot05: 5:43pm On Oct 26, 2022
Joystic:

It will pass
Talking from experience
But it's not medically advisable to stop abruptly
Addiction is mostly a gradual process
So quitting is gradual too

Check my siggy

3 Likes

Re: I Went Off Drugs, Now This by entrep88: 5:54pm On Oct 26, 2022
Make sure you bath always, you will get yourself and mood back. Congratulations

1 Like

Re: I Went Off Drugs, Now This by YeyeGbami: 6:00pm On Oct 26, 2022
Joystic:

Lolzz, I've listed my symptoms here if you want to help. Abi you want experiment? grin

Anything wey pass cannabis i no dey o. Withdrawal no dey easy sha.

5 Likes

Re: I Went Off Drugs, Now This by Lucifyre: 7:18pm On Oct 26, 2022
Joystic:

I was hooked for 8years. Withdrawal symptoms are basically what I mentioned in the OP. Oh and excessive sweating, severe dehydration, lack of energy, high eye sensitivity to light, light headedness and dizziness.. You mentioned depression too.

Its ok. The name of the drug would hv helped to understand the timeline of withdrawal and where u at in that time line, cause if u are actually experiencing PAWS, ill take it seriously but 8yrs is a long time, so u are most likely still recovering. Just know at the back of ur mind that everyday it gets better. Also i think u should name the drug to serve as a deterrent to others. Most people dont know the hell that's withdrawal, that's why they dabble with drugs. If they could see the end from the beginning and see how terrible withdrawal is, they would never hv touched drugs and would hv gladly foregone the awesome euphoria that comes with it before the hell from addiction. So i think its good we talk about this stuff to prevent young ones from making same mistakes as this stuff is glamorized in the media. Be strong, you got this.

4 Likes

Re: I Went Off Drugs, Now This by bammo: 7:47pm On Oct 26, 2022
I'm proud of you bro!
I hope you succeed in doing away with this for good

1 Like

Re: I Went Off Drugs, Now This by oneolajire(m): 8:05pm On Oct 26, 2022
Funny

Weren't you normal before you started taking those drugs or you began taking them from childhood?

If you return to drugs, those asking if you are normal will be the first to pity you.
Re: I Went Off Drugs, Now This by falcon01: 9:42pm On Oct 26, 2022
Joystic:

advertise it? grin you are funny.

1 Like

Re: I Went Off Drugs, Now This by Joystic: 9:06am On Oct 27, 2022
I appreciate all of your kind words brothers.. I don't feel so alone in this anymore.

YeyeGbami:

Anything wey pass cannabis I no dey o. Withdrawal no dey easy sha.

Na this kind post wey make me no wan mention name of the drug, so that we can discuss bad effects of drugs in general and not underrate the damaging power of any, even paracetamol can be dangerous as far as addiction is concerned.

Let me clear you bro cannabis is one of the most dangerous sef. Have you seen the skin of guys hooked on it... It can never look fresh its like its decaying (check their before and after pictures) which means liver function has been impaired, they have dark lips, they suffer low blood glucose, blood shot eyes, decreased social life, blood shortage, memory loss, easily bruised skin, but to mention a few.

Now, see the screenshot below if you think it doesn't have withdrawal symptoms.

I understand some people might be suffering from addiction too and would want to know the drugs I'm talking about so they can know what to expect from their situation so I will go ahead and let you guys know its codeine syrup mixed with cannibis juice. You don't need to experiment with this guys.. people have different bodies and some might just die from these things. Codeine addiction nearly took Lil Wayne's life.. he still hasn't recovered fully till now.

@lucifyre
@olasyke
@yeyegbami

2 Likes

Re: I Went Off Drugs, Now This by Joystic: 9:23am On Oct 27, 2022
oneolajire:
Funny

Weren't you normal before you started taking those drugs or you began taking them from childhood?

If you return to drugs, those asking if you are normal will be the first to pity you.

Lol, used to be a vibrant kid till I left home for the uni.. got depressed and started drugs to keep me upbeat. Continued till I returned home and you know the rest.
Re: I Went Off Drugs, Now This by oneolajire(m): 9:33am On Oct 27, 2022
Joystic:

Lol, used to be a vibrant kid till I left home for the uni.. got depressed and started drugs to keep me upbeat. Continued till I returned home and you know the rest.

That's what I keep telling people, drugs are fake inducement that disappoint. You lived normal, vibrant, excellent without drugs, you got to uni, joined bad friends, spend and waste money on drugs to feel...........then damage your internal organs.

I went to uni, didn't use drug, lived as a child of God, had good friends, faced my studies, had mild sicknesses and recovered. Never damaged my body.

Get away from bad guys and companies, if you die of drugs, your druggie friends may not remember to hold a candle light procession for you.

You have lived brilliantly without drugs before, you can do it again. Jesus is there to help you.

Wish you the best

2 Likes

Re: I Went Off Drugs, Now This by LikeAking: 9:34am On Oct 27, 2022
Joystic:

U can't run from ya calling..
Re: I Went Off Drugs, Now This by Joystic: 10:50am On Oct 27, 2022
oneolajire:

That's what I keep telling people, drugs are fake inducement that disappoint. You lived normal, vibrant, excellent without drugs, you got to uni, joined bad friends, spend and waste money on drugs to feel...........then damage your internal organs.

I went to uni, didn't use drug, lived as a child of God, had good friends, faced my studies, had mild sicknesses and recovered. Never damaged my body.

Get away from bad guys and companies, if you die of drugs, your druggie friends may not remember to hold a candle light procession for you.

You have lived brilliantly without drugs before, you can do it again. Jesus is there to help you.

Wish you the best

You know I still remember the first day I tried drugs.. Nothing compares to that feeling its like your first sex or first jackpot from betting... only better.

But then its all nonsense.. same dose didn't produce the same high anymore and more dosage only came with more terrible side effects. So I got high at the expense of great pains. Eventually only a life changing experience will make one realize that few moments of high is not worth the long periods of low
Re: I Went Off Drugs, Now This by Joystic: 10:55am On Oct 27, 2022
LikeAking:

U can't run from ya calling..

Lol, there's nothing or no one I can't detach from.. that's the kind of mindset I have.

Once I'm convinced I can go cold turkey on anything.. It may only take me time to gain that conviction.

1 Like

Re: I Went Off Drugs, Now This by Nobody: 11:56am On Oct 27, 2022
Joystic:

Lol, there's nothing or no one I can't detach from.. that's the kind of mindset I have.

Once I'm convinced I can go cold turkey on anything.. It may only take me time to gain that conviction.
Everything is about mindset, even though it's hard, once you program your mind, you're already good to go. I've been 4 months off cigarettes too. I smoked weed and cigarettes but I'm addicted to the nicotine and it almost ruined me, na why I dey sober now.

https://www.nairaland.com/7230918/marijuana-quiting-thread/6
Here's a marijuana quitting thread and you can also see how people are taking it one day at a time there.

Cc.
LagbajaTheBEREAN
Wavvyyyyy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Went Off Drugs, Now This by Joystic: 12:42pm On Oct 27, 2022
Olasyke:

Everything is about mindset, even though it's hard, once you program your mind, you're already good to go. I've been 4 months off cigarettes too. I smoked weed and cigarettes but I'm addicted to the nicotine and it almost ruined me, na why I dey sober now.

https://www.nairaland.com/7230918/marijuana-quiting-thread/6
Here's a marijuana quitting thread and you can also see how people are taking it one day at a time there.

Cc.
LagbajaTheBEREAN
Wavvyyyyy

Thanks, I'll check it out

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Went Off Drugs, Now This by Thatedoboy98: 2:04pm On Oct 27, 2022
Na tramadol e go be

1 Like

Re: I Went Off Drugs, Now This by YeyeGbami: 5:29pm On Oct 27, 2022
Joystic:
I appreciate all of your kind words brothers.. I don't feel so alone in this anymore.

Na this kind post wey make me no wan mention name of the drug, so that we can discuss bad effects of drugs in general and not underrate the damaging power of any, even paracetamol can be dangerous as far as addiction is concerned.

Let me clear you bro cannabis is one of the most dangerous sef. Have you seen the skin of guys hooked on it... It can never look fresh its like its decaying (check their before and after pictures) which means liver function has been impaired, they have dark lips, they suffer low blood glucose, blood shot eyes, decreased social life, blood shortage, memory loss, easily bruised skin, but to mention a few.

Now, see the screenshot below if you think it doesn't have withdrawal symptoms.

I understand some people might be suffering from addiction too and would want to know the drugs I'm talking about so they can know what to expect from their situation so I will go ahead and let you guys know its codeine syrup mixed with cannibis juice. You don't need to experiment with this guys.. people have different bodies and some might just die from these things. Codeine addiction nearly took Lil Wayne's life.. he still hasn't recovered fully till now.

@lucifyre
@olasyke
@yeyegbami

The truth is whatever the drug is don’t get hooked. Codeine is a really addictive drug, you still con mix am with cannabis juice.

You wan totally damage your liver, abeg try stop am o.
Re: I Went Off Drugs, Now This by Joystic: 8:50pm On Oct 27, 2022
YeyeGbami:

The truth is whatever the drug is don’t get hooked. Codeine is a really addictive drug, you still con mix am with cannabis juice.

You wan totally damage your liver, abeg try stop am o.

Oh mehn as in I don't know what I was thinking... Initially I got off on just codeine, but as time went by it just didn't get me that much high as it used to, so I would add cannabis but since I don't smoke, I just boil it and use the juice to replace the normal sprite or coke I use in diluting the codeine.

Stupid sturvs brother. But trust me I'm done with that phase.
Re: I Went Off Drugs, Now This by techgen(m): 9:57pm On Oct 27, 2022
Bad Addiction will not only kill you emotionally, but will give you financial setback... Where you stoop so low to start begging people for financial support, just to keep up with the addiction.

Keep off... Bad Addiction is not a sin in itself,but an harmful habit.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Rashford Rescues ‘world’s Sexiest Footballer’ Alisha Lehmann From Mobs / Women Are Like Postage stamps: Is It True? / How Can U Tell A Girl That U Are In Love With Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.