Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,001 members, 7,835,377 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:26 AM

I Went Off Drugs, Now This - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Went Off Drugs, Now This (3431 Views)

Help! I Told Her I Have Headache, She Gave Me Drugs, Now My Pen*s Is So Hard / I Went Through My Son’s Phone (see Screenshots) / A Friend Found Anti-HIV Drugs In Her Boyfriend's House, Ladies Please Be Careful (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Went Off Drugs, Now This by LagbajaTheBEREAN: 6:35pm On Nov 01, 2022
Joystic:

Thanks, I'll check it out
Chaiiiiii..

Its been a while I guess the thread must have grown cobwebs by now but it's time man go back to overcoming that weeding/smoking lifestyle.
Re: I Went Off Drugs, Now This by Nobody: 1:55am On Nov 02, 2022
Drugs kill dreams
Re: I Went Off Drugs, Now This by Keydan: 2:04am On Nov 02, 2022
You go talk the drug name abi you no go talk?
Re: I Went Off Drugs, Now This by frozen70(f): 3:00am On Nov 02, 2022
Joystic:
Guys, I laid off this drug I've been hooked on for years and I know for certain I'm never going back after a life altering experience.
Now, the thing is I've lost my enthusiasm. I can't feel excitement, my mojo is low as I'm always in a state of lethargy.

Will this pass? It's been two months and its really affecting me because people, inluding my family and girlfriends are always asking if I'm alright.

You are going through withdrawal syndrome and you will definitely be fine once your body system finish overhauling
Re: I Went Off Drugs, Now This by Streetmovement(m): 4:51am On Nov 02, 2022
Joystic:

Lol, there's nothing or no one I can't detach from.. that's the kind of mindset I have.

Once I'm convinced I can go cold turkey on anything.. It may only take me time to gain that conviction.

Wotoporiously cool speaking

My type of mindset
Re: I Went Off Drugs, Now This by Joystic: 8:42am On Nov 02, 2022
Keydan:
You go talk the drug name abi you no go talk?

I don talk am bros, check through the comments.
Re: I Went Off Drugs, Now This by Joystic: 8:57am On Nov 02, 2022
frozen70:

You are going through withdrawal syndrome and you will definitely be fine once your body system finish overhauling

Thanks.
I forgot to mention the nightmares.. Going to sleep scares me, the nightmares are terrible. Some nights I could have as much as four separate, realistic and terrifying nightmares.

But overall, inbetween these things I get to feel my natural state more.. my thought processes and feelings are clearer and more accessible to me now. I'm in sync with myself, so yea its all worth it.
Re: I Went Off Drugs, Now This by Candidlady: 9:02am On Nov 02, 2022
Joystic:
Guys, I laid off this drug I've been hooked on for years and I know for certain I'm never going back after a life altering experience.
Now, the thing is I've lost my enthusiasm. I can't feel excitement, my mojo is low as I'm always in a state of lethargy.

Will this pass? It's been two months and its really affecting me because people, inluding my family and girlfriends are always asking if I'm alright.

https://www.nairaland.com/6669680/getting-over-addictions

Withdrawal phase you’d be fine…. Just please don’t relapse cos if you do

You know the rest of the story
Re: I Went Off Drugs, Now This by frozen70(f): 9:44am On Nov 02, 2022
Joystic:

Thanks.
I forgot to mention the nightmares.. Going to sleep scares me, the nightmares are terrible. Some nights I could have as much as four separate, realistic and terrifying nightmares.

But overall, inbetween these things I get to feel my natural state more.. my thought processes and feelings are clearer and more accessible to me now. I'm in sync with myself, so yea its all worth it.

Congratulations on your progress

You will be fine soon

Just be steady and don't go back to it

Then back it up with prayers

You will love yourself after this, then avoid mastubation it will definitely trigger the system to react

I wish you good luck

1 Like

Re: I Went Off Drugs, Now This by Joystic: 11:43am On Nov 02, 2022
frozen70:

Congratulations on your progress

You will be fine soon

Just be steady and don't go back to it

Then back it up with prayers

You will love yourself after this, then avoid mastubation it will definitely trigger the system to react

I wish you good luck

Thank you, I really appreciate. I don't know how to pray though.. tried a few times but couldn't make it past a few words.

I have a committed gf, she's helping a lot with the recovery process dunno how I would've done it without her.
Re: I Went Off Drugs, Now This by Joystic: 11:58am On Nov 02, 2022
Candidlady:

https://www.nairaland.com/6669680/getting-over-addictions

Withdrawal phase you’d be fine…. Just please don’t relapse cos if you do

You know the rest of the story

Insightful that thread!

What hit me was you saying you didn't lack anything yet felt empty. I can totally relate.
As my senior in sobriety, did this feeling ever go away, was it the drugs or you still feel the same either way?
Re: I Went Off Drugs, Now This by frozen70(f): 12:00pm On Nov 02, 2022
Joystic:

Thank you, I really appreciate. I don't know how to pray though.. tried a few times but couldn't make it past a few words.

I have a committed gf, she's helping a lot with the recovery process dunno how I would've done it without her.

That's nice

But you have to develop the habit of praying so that your relationship with God will be very close

Dont wait till you have to pray harder for favour from God

He knows your needs but he will appreciate you remind him through prayers

1 Like

Re: I Went Off Drugs, Now This by tivhador: 12:05pm On Nov 02, 2022
These conditions you've mentioned are symptoms of withdrawal. It will take some time, but eventually it will pass. Whatever u do, don't go back to taking such anymore
Joystic:

1 Like

Re: I Went Off Drugs, Now This by Joystic: 12:11pm On Nov 02, 2022
frozen70:

That's nice

But you have to develop the habit of praying so that your relationship with God will be very close

Dont wait till you have to pray harder for favour from God

He knows your needs but he will appreciate you remind him through prayers

You're right. Though personally I have nothing to pray for, already know all I need to do as per my want or needs, so I just get up my ass and do it. I feel no need praying for an answer I already have. Thanks though.

Pls, not to say I don't believe in Christ or I'm not spiritual. Quite the opposite, I'm always grateful for the littlest things in life.
Re: I Went Off Drugs, Now This by Joystic: 12:13pm On Nov 02, 2022
tivhador:
These conditions you've mentioned are symptoms of withdrawal. It will take some time, but eventually it will pass. Whatever u do, don't go back to taking such anymore

Thanks bro, I won't and you can bank on it.
You know sometimes it takes a life altering experience to make certain tough decisions.
Re: I Went Off Drugs, Now This by frozen70(f): 12:49pm On Nov 02, 2022
Joystic:

You're right. Though personally I have nothing to pray for, already know all I need to do as per my want or needs, so I just get up my ass and do it. I feel no need praying for an answer I already have. Thanks though.

Pls, not to say I don't believe in Christ or I'm not spiritual. Quite the opposite, I'm always grateful for the littlest things in life.

If you have nothing to pray for,

Pray for your life and safety then

1 Like

Re: I Went Off Drugs, Now This by Joystic: 1:17pm On Nov 02, 2022
frozen70:

If you have nothing to pray for,

Pray for your life and safety then

Okay you win.. You religious folks just never let it go do you? grin
Thanks for your concern, really it means alot.
Re: I Went Off Drugs, Now This by frozen70(f): 1:36pm On Nov 02, 2022
Joystic:

Okay you win.. You religious folks just never let it go do you? grin
Thanks for your concern, really it means alot.

Thanks dear

1 Like

Re: I Went Off Drugs, Now This by Ebukaboss(m): 1:40pm On Nov 02, 2022
frozen70:

Thanks dear
drugs destroy lives say no to drug

(1) (2) (Reply)

SHELLSHOCKED! Saw An Igbo Man Selling Suya / I'm Having Feelings For My Wife's Mother / Finally My 2years Old Marriage Been Dissolved By The Customary Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.